Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Comments

• HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Just watched the trailer, popcorn movie through and through, is hiddleston the lead? Samuel l Jackson is more dominant in the trailer, Ill give it a watch see how the new James bond elect gets on, certainly prefer th now he hasn't got a Taylor Swift hanging off him

From what I have read it's more of an ensemble cast with Hiddleston a key player. Hiddleston does look rugged in the trailers and looks good handling an M16. I'm on record as believing Hiddleston could make a good Bond...a nice combination of polished and rugged but the cruel dark humor he is so adept at as Loki in the Marvel films is what really separates him the rest of the pack for me. I also like Aidan Turner. He's got the physicality, the charm and his intensity reminds me of Timothy Dalton. Ironically, before I began watching Poldark I imagined Turner as a bit of a lightweight but that's not the case at all.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    This source seems quite certain dc is back and work on #25 is under way. https://www.politicallore.com/daniel-craig-back-as-james-bond-michael-fassbender-as-candidate/7344
    Though he's not back as he never left
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    According to the article, Fassbender thinks a woman could be considered to play James Bond. Not the best judgement ..... :#
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,605Chief of Staff
    Chriscoop wrote:
    This source seems quite certain dc is back and work on #25 is under way. https://www.politicallore.com/daniel-craig-back-as-james-bond-michael-fassbender-as-candidate/7344
    Though he's not back as he never left

Many people on here could write a better - and more accurate - piece than that nonsense ! :))
    YNWA 97
    I know it's just regurgitation, and like a greatest hits of recent crap supposition. it was the Daniel Craig is back as Bond that got me, as he's never left.
    A bad recap that basically brings nothing new to the table. At least when we get blown off course around here it's generally interesting and entertaining.
    Agreed, though I like that work is underway is actually in print somewhere even though we all know it is.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,605Chief of Staff
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I know it's just regurgitation, and like a greatest hits of recent crap supposition. it was the Daniel Craig is back as Bond that got me, as he's never left.

I suppose it just goes to show that even no news is still news :))

My comment was nothing against you, CC - and thanks for posting -{
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Damn, I thought everyone was getting on Chriscoop's case and had been working on a few
    Real zinggers , ....... I'll have to save them for over the Christmas holidays. :D

I'm guessing we'll hear nothing new for quite a while. :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Damn, I thought everyone was getting on Chriscoop's case and had been working on a few
    Real zinggers , ....... I'll have to save them for over the Christmas holidays. :D

I'm guessing we'll hear nothing new for quite a while. :#
    Bring it on big boy ( I've heard the rumours) :D
    Christmas I mean.
  • FrigilianaFrigiliana Posts: 164MI6 Agent
    How about this gentleman as a contender for next Bond Domhnall Gleeson. He's the face of the new Burberry ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D5IZtDCS5c&ab_channel=Burberry
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1727304/?ref_=nmbio_bio_nm
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,330MI6 Agent
    Frigiliana wrote:
    How about this gentleman as a contender for next Bond Domhnall Gleeson. He's the face of the new Burberry ad

He's doing his best Zoolander there but Gleeson is very soft in his presence. He's very good in About Time and Ex Machina, but he's not a killer (unconvincing in the last Star Wars)
    Frigiliana wrote:

He's doing his best Zoolander there but Gleeson is very soft in his presence. He's very good in About Time and Ex Machina, but he's not a killer (unconvincing in the last Star Wars)

He would have been good "Q' material based upon the character's present incarnation. He is a very good actor but not remotely Bond material.
    He's a good age, 6' 1" got a look of Hoagy Carmichael who i believe was Fleming's vision of how Bond would look. I agree he would need bulking up a bit.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    Gleeson is a good actor, tall, British and the right age. But when you look at him, there is nothing there that screams Bond. In fact, there is alot that sceams "Not Bond!" :D

domhnall-gleeson-300.jpg

Look at what happens when you search for photos of Gleeson on Google:
    https://www.google.no/search?q=domhnall+gleeson&espv=2&biw=1455&bih=655&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwj69_CqjbrQAhVHjywKHeWiC4gQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=f70GG4c41mgp9M%3A
    This shot is more of the image i was thinking of , you all might be right and he's not what they'll be thinking of when they choose Daniels replacement .
    Screen_Shot_2016_11_21_at_3_12_30_pm.png
    Screen_Shot_2016_11_21_at_3_18_39_pm.png
    Number24 wrote:
    Gleeson is a good actor, tall, British and the right age. But when you look at him, there is nothing there that screams Bond. In fact, there is alot that sceams "Not Bond!" :D

domhnall-gleeson-300.jpg

Look at what happens when you search for photos of Gleeson on Google:
    https://www.google.no/search?q=domhnall+gleeson&espv=2&biw=1455&bih=655&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwj69_CqjbrQAhVHjywKHeWiC4gQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=f70GG4c41mgp9M%3A

Irinically, if you keep scrolling down that group of pictures you get to a couple pictures of actors who actually could play Bond, Michael Fassbender (a definate) and Jai Courtney (somewhat of a stretch...but better than Gleeson any day of the week IMO). Being tall and British isn't the only thing it takes to be Bond.
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    edited November 2016
    I've said it here numerous times and I'll say it again.

I think Wes Bentley would make an awesome Bond. I know he's American, but if he can pull off the accent, there's no reason why he can't do it properly.

He's only 38 so he could easily slip into the role if Craig doesn't come back.

Wes_Bentley.jpg
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    First choice for me is still Tom hughes or not sure if been mentioned before but Aaron Tayler-Johnson, if DC does another one or even two both are young enough to still pick up the mantle( TH 30 and AT-J 26)
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    Just saw that Hiddleston is now slated to star in an upcoming film based on a Frank Miller graphic novel. Not sure if this is a hint about his schedule as it relates to Bond, i.e. he's booking other projects because he has no Bond commitment.

I fear that thanks to the collective efforts of Craig and EON, we are now fully in Bond limbo. 2018 is starting to seem like a fantasy.
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Personnely I think anything after 2018 rules Craig out of returning to role. Never a fan of his but wouldn't have minded him returning to tidy up the mess (IMO) that Spectre left.
    Just saw that Hiddleston is now slated to star in an upcoming film based on a Frank Miller graphic novel. Not sure if this is a hint about his schedule as it relates to Bond, i.e. he's booking other projects because he has no Bond commitment.

I fear that thanks to the collective efforts of Craig and EON, we are now fully in Bond limbo. 2018 is starting to seem like a fantasy.

Apparently that's not a done deal. Warners is still trying to get the rights to "Hard Boiled". Ben Wheatley, who directed Hiddleston in High Rise is is supposed to direct so it's not surprising that Hiddleston is also being reported as the lead. I don't think it rules out Hiddleston as Bond nor can we make any assumptions with regards to Bond 25 in general as we basically have no information other than there will be a Bond 25 and that some actor will portray Bond. What we do know is that Craig, at least as a matter of public record has not officially retired from Bond and nothing has been added to his schedule (at least that has been made public) that would interfere with him doing Bond 25 for a late 2018 release date. So until EON makes an official announcement of some sort or something that makes sense is leaked to the media we have nothing but our theories and imaginations to ponder :s :)) -{ .
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent

It's not Craig's fault that EON and MGM can't get their act together.

MGW predicted a new distribution deal by January or February 2016. Ten months later and still nada. Nothing happens until a distribution deal is in place because MGM and EON can neither finance the movie by themselves (at least they'e unwilling to) nor distribute it.

Craig doesn't have an ownership interest in either MGM or EON, so the production schedule isn't up to him.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:

It's not Craig's fault that EON and MGM can't get their act together.

MGW predicted a new distribution deal by January or February 2016. Ten months later and still nada. Nothing happens until a distribution deal is in place because MGM and EON can neither finance the movie by themselves (at least they'e unwilling to) nor distribute it.

Craig doesn't have an ownership interest in either MGM or EON, so the production schedule isn't up to him.

You may be right. But if Craig was definitively attached to Bond 25, it's impossible for us to gauge what type of an impact that would have had on the negotiations. I'm sure he has his reasons for playing coy regarding his status, but it seems obvious to me that it's a factor.
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent

2018 is I feel very unlikely. I am of the opinion that 2020 is probably likely. EON have boxed themselves into a corner, partially as they are reluctant to move on from Daniel and he understandably is probably 'done with it' unless a superb proposition in terms of script and tone emerges. All Tea leaf reading of course as we are more or less in the dark. I do feel that they (Eon) could have managed this a lot better unless its all part of a grand plan...we saw how well retro fitting a narrative played in SP so I doubt it.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 296MI6 Agent
    In an exclusive with Deadline, Sam Mendes talks about dropping his next film 'Voyeur Motel', and briefly mentions Bond and Daniel.

[...]We’ve got lots of other things in development. Having had a break after the last Bond movie Spectre, it felt like it was time to move on.”

Noting that Mendes said he was stopping at two 007 films, and that there are rumors Daniel Craig will likely return for more after initially begging out, I ask if this was about the time he receives the inevitable call from James Bond, pulling him back in for his third 007 film?

“I think you’re going to have to ask…I don’t think anyone’s getting a call from Daniel Craig until he opens in Othello, which is his entire focus,” Mendes said.
    James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Mastodon | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Newsletter

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
  • WonderueWonderue Posts: 27MI6 Agent
    Ok people, stop referring to Domhnall Gleeson and Michael Fassbender as British. Gleeson was born in Dublin, hence he is Irish. Fassbender is German/Irish. And guess what.... Pierece Brosnan is not British either, he's Irish too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Free_State

Go raibh míle maith agat.
  • WonderueWonderue Posts: 27MI6 Agent
    P.S. Aidan Turner is Irish too.
    Red_Snow wrote:
    In an exclusive with Deadline, Sam Mendes talks about dropping his next film 'Voyeur Motel', and briefly mentions Bond and Daniel.

[...]We’ve got lots of other things in development. Having had a break after the last Bond movie Spectre, it felt like it was time to move on.”

Noting that Mendes said he was stopping at two 007 films, and that there are rumors Daniel Craig will likely return for more after initially begging out, I ask if this was about the time he receives the inevitable call from James Bond, pulling him back in for his third 007 film?

“I think you’re going to have to ask…I don’t think anyone’s getting a call from Daniel Craig until he opens in Othello, which is his entire focus,” Mendes said.
    No no no please God no!!
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Wonderue wrote:
    Go raibh míle maith agat.

Ya wot m8? O.o
This discussion has been closed.