Euro 2016

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    I don't recall that it was a spanking and there was a certain Klopp factor in that game.

Oh it was - we even have them a two goal start :))
    But Klopp didn't play... ?:)
    Higgins wrote:
    The roots for all those young talents ( and may I remind at we won WOrld Cup 2 years ago :v ) is the Bundesliga and that was my point.

I understand that...but your better players seem to get 'picked off' by the bigger clubs...and that helps the national team...England don't have enough of these young players coming through...and now your coaches are being taken away form your domestic game :o
    YNWA 97
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    O really, Euro 2016 has started? Being from Holland I wouldn't know, we quit playing football some time ago.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    So, you are now supporting Germany? :v
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Sir Miles wrote:

I understand that...but your better players seem to get 'picked off' by the bigger clubs...and that helps the national team...England don't have enough of these young players coming through...and now your coaches are being taken away form your domestic game :o

Glad that you finally understand and agree. Germany's talent-support is much better than in the UK and this does not have anything to do with population 8-)

As for the coach thing: One swallow..... and it's just to give our next national coach some international experience. You should not over-estimate that 8-)

But I understand that you're picking every straw seeing your boys playing over the years :D

Higgins wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Glad that you finally understand and agree. Germany's talent-support is much better than in the UK and this does not have anything to do with population 8-)

Not quite...I still believe the more people you have the more CAN come through...that's simple mathematics...but the English teams are more concerned about buying young talent from all over the world instead of developing their own, we need to learn that - and fast !
    Higgins wrote:
    As for the coach thing: One swallow..... and it's just to give our next national coach some international experience. You should not over-estimate that 8-)

And don't underestimate the lure and legend of Anfield - Herr Klopp may just want to stay for awhile yet ;)
    Higgins wrote:
    But I understand that you're picking every straw seeing your boys playing over the years :D

Oh no my friend, look at my sig...Scouse not English... :D
    YNWA 97
    Higgins wrote:
    Germany's population is 25% more than the UK but what counts is how you educate young talents.

Just to pull you up on that point...it's only England we are talking about here...the population difference is roughly 27 million - take 0.5% of those and you have 135,000 - you only need 23 players from there max...that's quite an advantage you have...but I agree, it IS about education -{
    YNWA 97
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I hear the Irish lads just lost to Poland ,so the UK teams are doin well as per . :#
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    So, you are now supporting Germany? :v
    Having a girlfriend that was born in Munich and seeing that Germany plays a very attractive style of football I will indeed be rooting for our neighbours.... BELGIUM! :))
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    :)) :)) :))

Why am I not surprised?

I see the German fans are rioting/fighting now :#
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:

im not surprised French beer is rubbish :D
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    With a bit of luck Wales might win this tournament if the other 23 teams are disqualified :D
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    I shouldn't laugh at this but it took me a min to realise what was wrong with this pic

German-and-Ukraine-fans-clash-in-Lille.jpg
    Sir Miles wrote:

:( evidence that there are idiots everywhere.....

Higgins wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Sadly all too true :#

I've no idea why people from different nations can't just enjoy something for a change...have a beer, have a chat...enjoy the day, shake hands and go home...
    YNWA 97
    Great break and finish by the Germans!

Prob reminds Higgy of his younger playing days :D
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,213MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:

My first wife was half German - that was fun during the football :))
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Great break and finish by the Germans!

Once again the Germans show how you SHOULD close a game out -{
    YNWA 97
    Just some minutes ago, there was a pretty young lady on breakfast tv. She's from the Uk- married to a German since 6 years.

She was interviewed about her position re. brexit and she said, that she sees her future in the EU and that's why she also applied for a german passport.
    Additionally she said with a smile that she wanted to increase her chances for the Euro Cup :D :D :D

Higgins wrote:
    Just some minutes ago, there was a pretty young lady on breakfast tv. She's from the Uk- married to a German since 6 years.

She was interviewed about her position re. brexit and she said, that she sees her future in the EU and that's why she also applied for a german passport.
    Additionally she said with a smile that she wanted to increase her chances for the Euro Cup :D :D :D

So she wants a Spanish passport as well :o :v :D
    YNWA 97
    unlike in your neck of woods, polygamy is illegal here :D

Higgins wrote:
    unlike in your neck of woods, polygamy is illegal here :D

I thought it was mandatory ? :v
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Although, this Football is getting far more exciting, since they've added the
    fan based Cage Fighting element !
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    From the Telegraph:

An official on the executive committee of the Russian football union in Moscow praised the Russian thugs.

“I don’t see anything wrong with the fans fighting,” Igor Lebedev wrote on Twitter. “Quite the opposite, well done lads, keep it up!”

Lebedev, also an MP from the nationalist Liberal Democratic party and the deputy chairman of the Russian parliament, added: "I don’t understand those politicians and officials who are criticising our fans. We should defend them, and then we can sort it out when they come home."

6 England fans in court today but French authorities admit all Russian Ultras evaded arrest. Two Russian fans had been arrested, both for only pitch invasion

Pretty shocking considering perfect pictures taken inside the stadium of those kicking and punching
    welshboy78 wrote:
    From the Telegraph:

An official on the executive committee of the Russian football union in Moscow praised the Russian thugs.

“I don’t see anything wrong with the fans fighting,” Igor Lebedev wrote on Twitter. “Quite the opposite, well done lads, keep it up!”

Lebedev, also an MP from the nationalist Liberal Democratic party and the deputy chairman of the Russian parliament, added: "I don’t understand those politicians and officials who are criticising our fans. We should defend them, and then we can sort it out when they come home."

6 England fans in court today but French authorities admit all Russian Ultras evaded arrest. Two Russian fans had been arrested, both for only pitch invasion

Pretty shocking considering perfect pictures taken inside the stadium of those kicking and punching

And Russia has the World Cup in two years :o

It's time to take it off them !
    YNWA 97
    Alan Green from the BBC already confirmed he won't be going!
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Alan Green from the BBC already confirmed he won't be going!

Oh now the Russians are really scared :)
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    I was sad to hear today that a Northern Ireland fan from Ballymena (not too far from where I live) died after falling from the promenade in Nice, France.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-36515775

It will certainly put a dampener on things for the Green and White Army. :#
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    surprisingly good match from Ireland yesterday and the've scored twice :D

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Showing that not all Euro 2016 fans are hooligans:

http://www.balls.ie/football/ireland-fans-tribute-darren-rodgers/336394

:) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).