Euro 2016

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    First 0-0

Impressed by Poland!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,579Chief of Staff
    welshboy78 wrote:
    First 0-0

Impressed by Poland!

And first 'fixed' game of the tournament :v
    YNWA 97
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Congratulations to Northern Ireland - a great team performance -{

Yes, we're justifiably very proud of them. 2-0 against Ukraine! :x -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    First 0-0

Impressed by Poland!

And first 'fixed' game of the tournament :v

Well, Poland did not do very much for the match than standing in 2 walls in front of their goal and our boys where very careful not falling into their counters.

However, it was not their best match and they still fail to finish their attacks in the end.

If they continue playing like that, none of the 2 will win the cup.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    ^ Poland had by far the better chances and should have won...a point serves both teams well - it would be different in a knockout game...still surprised that Germany don't play with a striker though - they must have one somewhere ?:)
    YNWA 97
    I disagree with the chances - they've had exactly 2 and Neuer has not been tested once!

Problem is that Götze is nonexistent and so is unfortunately Müller.
    Reus is injured and Gomez did not help either.

Özil is at best average - as always in 90% of his international matches.

The only hope is that Boateng plays great and Hummels came back pretty strong and Kroos has gotten a lot better in the last 2 years.

And we have Neuer :D and not Hart :))

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Apparently N.Ireland now face Germany, I've been told it's a small European country,
    With not much history in football. So it all looks good ! :p :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Higgins wrote:
    I disagree with the chances - they've had exactly 2 and Neuer has not been tested once!

True...but had they made 'proper' contact then the only thing 'tested' would have been Neuer's back as he picked the ball out of the net :D
    Higgins wrote:
    Problem is that Götze is nonexistent and so is unfortunately Müller.
    Reus is injured and Gomez did not help either.

Özil is at best average - as always in 90% of his international matches.

The only hope is that Boateng plays great and Hummels came back pretty strong and Kroos has gotten a lot better in the last 2 years.

Götze hasn't been fit for awhile - and Munich are DESPERATE to get rid of him !
    Müller I'm surprised at - he is a quality player...
    Özil IS better at club level...but I thought he played fairly well...
    Gomez is past it now...

Maybe it's worth giving Sanè a chance ?

Higgins wrote:
    And we have Neuer :D and not Hart :))

True enough 8-) :))
    YNWA 97
    Guys!

I've visited the mothership! :o :o :o

imagexjeoa57rfb.png

Did you buy all 6? :))
    ... And some colourful additions :D :D :D

A Hulk?
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Did you buy all 6? :))
    Higgins wrote:
    ... And some colourful additions :D :D :D

I do believe he's not joking :o
    YNWA 97
    Easy game for Spain, Turkey chucked the towel in early
    Sir Miles wrote:

Wanna pair? :v

Higgins wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Wanna pair? :v

Not in bloody green :o :p
    YNWA 97
    How about yellow with some blue? :v

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Is that what colour they are? I couldn't look at them too long, they were giving me a headache. X-(
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Higgins wrote:
    How about yellow with some blue? :v

No good to me in your foot size - they'd more like a canoe :o :))
    YNWA 97
    Bale ripping Russia to pieces, how he ain't scored yet I don't know!! Cmon Wales!!!!!!
    Spoke too soon!!!!!! :D
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Big respect to. Michael McGovern the N.Ireland goalkeeper -{ what a display. {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Yes, he was the only player who stood out.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Sorry im still laughing at Englands failure to beat Slovakia ,god help us if we have to play a proper football team ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Big respect to. Michael McGovern the N.Ireland goalkeeper -{ what a display. {[]

He was outstanding -{
    YNWA 97
    Anybody sussed out the 3rd place scenarios lol?

Whoops Spain losing!
    Sir Miles wrote:

Gomez is past it now...

:)) :)) :)) I can see someone backpeddling and offering an apology after yesterday's match :)) :)) :))

Gomez was phantastic - particularly because he kept the 2 defenders busy which opened some room for the others.
    Müller showed what he can do and how valuable he is for the team. But he had to surpass Bale in the striker ranking with all the chances that he had. I am sure that he'll become pretty valuable for the upcoming matches though.

It doesn't matter if Munich want to get rid of Goetze. Löw supports him unconditionally and that's what he needs. IMO he played very good yesterday but he had chances for 3.

Anyhow, I am quite happy how our team presented themselfs yesterday. The Irish fans where incredible and so was McGovern. There are good goalkeepers northern of your little island ;)

Higgins wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Gomez is past it now...

:)) :)) :)) I can see someone backpeddling and offering an apology after yesterday's match :)) :)) :))

Gomez was phantastic - particularly because he kept the 2 defenders busy which opened some room for the others.
    Müller showed what he can do and how valuable he is for the team. But he had to surpass Bale in the striker ranking with all the chances that he had. I am sure that he'll become pretty valuable for the upcoming matches though.

It doesn't matter if Munich want to get rid of Goetze. Löw supports him unconditionally and that's what he needs. IMO he played very good yesterday but he had chances for 3.

Anyhow, I am quite happy how our team presented themselfs yesterday. The Irish fans where incredible and so was McGovern. There are good goalkeepers northern of your little island ;)

Thought Gomez was awful...he should have had a minimum of four goals himself...poor movement and finishing from him proved he should be nowhere near the squad - never mind the starting eleven :o He was too slow and ponderous, didn't gamble or anticipate at all and just looked short of confidence in front of goal...if he's your best striker then you are in real trouble !

Götze still looks yards short of fitness - I seriously hope we don't buy him, he looks a spent force at 24 ! :o

Müller is a class player...he will always miss chances but he never stops running or trying - he's a dangerous player -{

As I said before - McGovern had the game of his life -{
    YNWA 97
    Whatever.... 8-)

Anybody else had the image of spattered Spaghetti with Tomatosauce on a white table when seeing those Spain jerseys?

Higgins wrote:
    Whatever.... 8-)

A good point well made -{
    YNWA 97