Who will win the november election in the U.S.? Trump or Hillary?

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    So the next Prez will not be Clinton or Trump then ? ....... Interesting.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    cheld wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    Sadly it looks like many vote to keep the other candidate away from the White House and not out of support for the candidate they voted for. :#

I am proud to say I am voting FOR Governor Johnson for President.

Polls say that nearly half of Clintrump voters are voting against the other more than voting for their pick. If they vote for Johnson he'd win and everyone would be happy because we would be spared Clintrump.

I don't like Johnson either. He is certainly more honest, but I don't agree with many of his positions and I don't think he is any more fit to be president than the others (except Jill Stein, who is even less fit for the job). I personally know libertarians who won't even vote for Johnson.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    So the next Prez will not be Clinton or Trump then ? ....... Interesting.

There are four well-known candidates, but only Clinton and Trump have a reasonable chance of winning. The other two don't have a chance, partially because of the system and partially because I don't think they could get enough support if all four started out equally.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    I saw parts of the VP debate. It was in many ways better than the presidential debate. It seemed less about "burns" and soundbites and more about politics. Both seemed competent, I never goot the horrible feeling I got watching Sarah Palin ...... well, talk.
    Much of the media says Pence won the debate, and he certainly did a good job. Some commentators said Pence won, but Trump lost.
    This is because the dabate made it clear that Trump do not agree on a lot of things, especially in the foreign policy.
  • cheldcheld Posts: 300MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I saw parts of the VP debate. It was in many ways better than the presidential debate. It seemed less about "burns" and soundbites and more about politics. Both seemed competent, I never goot the horrible feeling I got watching Sarah Palin ...... well, talk.
    Much of the media says Pence won the debate, and he certainly did a good job. Some commentators said Pence won, but Trump lost.
    This is because the dabate made it clear that Trump do not agree on a lot of things, especially in the foreign policy.

Too bad it didn't include the VP candidate who's served longer as a governor than Kaine and Pence combined.
    I see a secret tape has Trump in trouble ........... again !
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    :)) am I the only one who's surprised that this is making so huge waves?

I mean even in far away Europe everybody knew for years how he's treating women?
    That tape can hardly suprise anyone!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    :)) am I the only one who's surprised that this is making so huge waves?

I mean even in far away Europe everybody knew for years how he's treating women?
    That tape can hardly suprise anyone!

That's the thing ... when I heard my reaction was 'oh, has he?' nothing more, nothing less.

My favourite thing about it is him saying he was younger when he said it. He was 59 !!! :)) :))

The problem Hilary has is that she can hardly capitalise on it because of Bill's history and the stories of her intimidating the woman involved. Not that I think it matters because HRC is way ahead in the polls these days.

What a pair :#
    I can fully understand the late 50s is know as the rebellious years ;)
    I can fully understand the late 50s is know as the rebellious years ;)

Late teens/late fifties are the same thing apparently :))
    :)) And like your late teens, it's a time to experiment with wild hair styles.
    And the hypocrisy continues ...

Arnold Schwarzenegger says he won't vote for Trump ... the man who sh@gged his housekeeper and had a son with her whilst projecting himself as the caring family man whilst Governor of California ... 8-)

I'm half inclined to stay up and watch the debate tonight.

Hilary can't ignore the revelations of the last few days but then she's opening a massive can of worms for herself.

On the plus side it's good to know were Tic Tac stand on the whole Trump situation ...

' Tic Tac respects all women. We find the recent statements and behavior completely inappropriate and unacceptable.'

(via Twitter)
    I'm happy Tic Tac set the record straight, I was about to boycott them. ;)
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    She must have shook her Tic Tacs at him. It wasn't his fault. :D
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    :)) I think M'n'M's also put a statement out when Don Jr used them to make an
    anti - immigration tweet.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    I don't think De Niro will be voting for Trump, but I'm still not sure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lZ0r1-mvMY

:))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    :)) Wow way to go Robert.
    I watched the debate last night .... I think America is in trouble :#

The mess that is Donald Trump and Clinton couldn't land one decent blow.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,285MI6 Agent
    Not the first time Clinton and blow have been used in the same sentence.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Not the first time Clinton and blow have been used in the same sentence.

That showed how vulnerable Hilary is.

She wasn't able to go for Trumps jugular regarding those tapes because of Bill. Trump even had Bill's accusers in the audience just in case.

I think Trump actually won last night. I can't stand HRC. There's something very smug and patronising about her that I can't fathom.
    That's just lockerroom talk Lady Rose ;)

As an outsider, it must be tough choosing between the two, as they seem equally disliked.
    That's just lockerroom talk Lady Rose ;)

As an outsider, it must be tough choosing between the two, as they seem equally disliked.

And I thought we had problems in the UK :))
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I was hoping for a meteorite to come crashing into the debate stage, sparing all us Yanks from further misery. As always, hope blooms eternal. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,285MI6 Agent
    It's funny, an American can say that, but when it's I.S. it's taken all the wrong way... :))

I have to say, it's a lousy choice. It's very odd, upon reading Loeffs remark way back, because I don't think the Republican candidates in the last 20 years have been much good really, and I don't say that as someone against the Reps, because I'm not necessarily. That's the thing, you get the impression that those who hate the Democrats will hate them whatever happens, whatever the candidate, and also tend to support the Republican contender no matter who is standing and diss the opponent again, whoever it is. But I don't hate Republicanism or anything. I just think the people they put forward should be better. Loeffs dislikes or is reluctant to support Trump, but he almost doesn't count because he is acting as an Independent who has hijacked the party fo rnow. But now the Bush tenure is long gone, I can't honestly say he was any much cop at all and I can't say how those who stood up for him at the time could disagree. Those who hated him did so because he came across as clueless, not because they hate all Republicans.

You'd have to go back to Reagan to find a Republican who was a man of stature, and even then he grew into the job better than many expected.

I'm not saying you have to go along with Clinton, Obama, Kerry or Clinton: The Sequel's policies or personalities to concede that surely they look/ed like proper contenders. None of them looked like they were just showing up on the basis that you'll vote for them because you can have a beer with them or have a prayer with them.

I suppose what I am saying is that I think the Republicans could do better.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Lady Rose wrote:
    She wasn't able to go for Trumps jugular regarding those tapes because of Bill. Trump even had Bill's accusers in the audience just in case.

I think Trump actually won last night. I can't stand HRC. There's something very smug and patronising about her that I can't fathom.

Hillary is very careful not to set herself up for easy blows from Donald. Donald Trump lost the debate for me from the beginning when he kept bringing up "locker room talk". Maybe teenagers can use that as an excuse, but grown men cannot. That he thinks he can make excuses only makes his character worse. Trump cannot take responsibility for the things he does wrong. Trump did not answer all of the questions asked of him. Hillary did not have that problem as much, though she didn't really have an answer about her emails. But Trump will never be able to be her in prison for her emails either, and that kind of talk from Trump lowered him again.
    It was a relief watching the VP debate, because it in many ways was a normal political debate and not something from The Fall of The American Empire. :#
    I don't think the "locker room talk" video will cost Trump many of his core voters. It was however an advantage to Hillary anyway. First of all it will stop many women from voting on Trump. Second, it took a lot of heat from the leaks about Hillary. That woman actually said she has gotten out of touch with the middle class because of her privileged lifestyle! It's a work of art not to be a sure win against a horrible candidate such as Trump, but Hillary has said and done so many "deplorable" things that may result in Trump winning.
    Matt S wrote:

Hillary is very careful not to set herself up for easy blows from Donald. Donald Trump lost the debate for me from the beginning when he kept bringing up "locker room talk". Maybe teenagers can use that as an excuse, but grown men cannot. That he thinks he can make excuses only makes his character worse. Trump cannot take responsibility for the things he does wrong. Trump did not answer all of the questions asked of him. Hillary did not have that problem as much, though she didn't really have an answer about her emails. But Trump will never be able to be her in prison for her emails either, and that kind of talk from Trump lowered him again.

Given the fact that Donald doesn't seem to have a coherent policy about anything and just repeated the words 'ISIS' and 'Bernie Saunders' every 2 minutes ,Hilary should have done a lot better than she did. She should be walking all over him.

Hardyboy wrote:
    I was hoping for a meteorite to come crashing into the debate stage, sparing all us Yanks from further misery. As always, hope blooms eternal. . .

If it's any consolation HB, the Presidential race is making us Brits feel much better about our own state of affairs .... :))
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Given the fact that Donald doesn't seem to have a coherent policy about anything and just repeated the words 'ISIS' and 'Bernie Saunders' every 2 minutes ,Hilary should have done a lot better than she did. She should be walking all over him.

Hardyboy wrote:

If it's any consolation HB, the Presidential race is making us Brits feel much better about our own state of affairs .... :))
    Our state of affairs is not so bad, take out the pantomime politicians and you'll find the serious ones not doing too badly.
    Our poor American cousins though only have a pantomime villain and a power hungry elitist to choose from, you all have my sympathy.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    When I look at this election I can't help wondering what's gone wrong. The politics and elections are far too dominated by money and low attention span media. The media may have given up the public responsibility of informing the public in an objective manner and given in to crass comersialism and/or ideology. Facts don't seem to matter much anymore, as long as you belive and feel somthing is true. I love and admire the US in many ways, but this election is deeply worrying.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I have similar thoughts to yourself 24, I've been watching many programmes on the USA recently and the deep division that is being stirred up, it's such a huge and diverse nation that isn't being done justice to by its "politicians" very sad
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
This discussion has been closed.