Who will win the november election in the U.S.? Trump or Hillary?

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited November 2016
    Yawn.....

Oh dear, He short attention span which only lasts for headlines - sorry forgot :D

So the Norwegian Funds has reduced his contributions.
    So what? I've never disputed that.

I take issue of that:
    cheld wrote:
    Of course, there was never a quid pro quo, this is just coincidental timing....

The observation is something normal and trivial:

1. People want to meet politicians and influence them.
    Many pay to their Trusts to meet the decision makers and try to influence them. They even pay them to speak at their events. And of course they hope that this broadens the path.

This has always been like that and will always be.
    Question is, if you can buy a politician and his decisions that way.

2. You lose power, less people will pay for your Trust and will try to influence yourself less.
    Normal thing, walk of life - people move on! Nobody pays to meet me at a dinner party :#

And I'd not be surprised to learn that the Clinton Trust will go on doing very well in the years to come.
    Should shut up some nasty people.

And as you like "facts" and "Truth": Has Clinton been charged for being corrupt or doing this "quid pro quo", or is it just an accusation that you are throwing here,
    Angry Kid? 8-)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    :)) :)) :))

It's a bit like a kid covering the eyes and say "I don't see it" :)) :)) :))

Waiting for further evidence that coal can be "clean" like he says, it's a bit like a "Clean Diesel" and even Volkswagen doesn't it call it like that anymore :D

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    edited November 2016
    In other news: Trump called in the chiefs of the big news networks to scold them, call them liars and tell them what photos of him not ot use. Has any elected president or prime minister in any democratic country done anything like this before?

http://nypost.com/2016/11/21/donald-trumps-media-summit-was-a-f-ing-firing-squad/

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/11/donald-trump-media-transition-tension-231727
  • cheldcheld Posts: 300MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    And as you like "facts" and "Truth": Has Clinton been charged for being corrupt or doing this "quid pro quo", or is it just an accusation that you are throwing here,

The investigation is still underway.

Australia joins Norway....

Australia ceases multimillion-dollar donations to controversial Clinton family charities
    http://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/australian-economy/australia-ceases-multimilliondollar-donations-to-controversial-clinton-family-charities/news-story/219577919ed8dfbd79cf808321234eba

THIRD request for you to cite similar situations with Bush & Romney as you claimed....
    edited November 2016
    I stand and stick with my previous statement which was:
    Higgins wrote:

Pretty sure the same has happened with organisations that are related to GWB, Romney etc. after they've lost power. A balanced article and serious journalist would have researched this.

It's nothing remarkable exclusively to Clinton and again - the Clinton Foundation is doing lots of good things!

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    Number24 wrote:
    In other news: Trump called in the chiefs of the big news networks to scold them, call them liars and tell them what photos of him not ot use. Has any elected president or prime minister in any democratic country done anything like this before?

http://nypost.com/2016/11/21/donald-trumps-media-summit-was-a-f-ing-firing-squad/

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/11/donald-trump-media-transition-tension-231727

I rather enjoyed that.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    edited November 2016
    [img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-IFUDHtkI9Qs/UY6xGLai6qI/AAAAAAAAADY/krdpVlXIHfE/w800-h800/Andreas+Prüstel+II.jpg[/img]

First amendment US constitution, Trump is almost half way there:

"The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, ensuring that there is no (..... ) infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble, or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

Republicans tendens to accuse Democrats of liking the Constitution other than the 2nd Amendment. My impression is that many Republicans love the 2nd Amendment, but not the rest of the Constitution. Loeffelholz just confirmed that impression.
    I may have been too confrontational in my last post. I think Loeffelholz showet little respect for the Freedom of the press. If Obama or Bill Clinton had called in the chiefs of Fox News and other media during their presidencies because he through they were too Critical, calling them liars and instructing them on what photos not to use, would't you react? I know I would, because a president in a democracy should not treat the press that way.
    I am just reading that conservative students now name and shame professors that are "too liberal" in their eyes with full name, address and picture.

An elected president treating the press like just like he did - not allowing journalists to his first meeting with the japanese premier and then trying to feed them with own pics - it's all along the same lines.

And someone who makes a living from writing "enjoying that" is simply shocking.
    I wish that I could return my copies from "Blood and Ashes" for a full refund :#

Let's not make this worse than it really is. Loeffelholz may very well have joked a bit. I myself have made jokes that didn't travel well. But Trump's atitude to the freedom of the press is troubling and has been so for a while.
  • cheldcheld Posts: 300MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    I stand and stick with my previous statement which was:
    Higgins wrote:

Pretty sure the same has happened with organisations that are related to GWB, Romney etc. after they've lost power. A balanced article and serious journalist would have researched this.

It's nothing remarkable exclusively to Clinton and again - the Clinton Foundation is doing lots of good things!

And this is now the FOURTH time I've asked you to PUT UP OR SHUT UP about similar happenings with Bush and Romney.
    What has happens around the Clinton Foundation does call for some questions, and I would expect more media attention about it here in Norway. The Foundation has unquestionably done a lot of good, but there are serious questions about it too. Try not to get too personal here, please.
    edited November 2016
    cheld wrote:

And this is now the FOURTH time I've asked you to PUT UP OR SHUT UP about similar happenings with Bush and Romney.

:D :D :D
    Hum, no :v

and I've even explained it previously.

If you don't like it, sue me or report me with one of the mods ;)

A personal advise: just get over with your hate and anger ;)

Hugs and kisses :D

Higgins wrote:
    It was a personal opinion ( "pretty sure") - the Bush/Romney Trusts are not remotely as open as the Clinton foundation and don't publish their numbers at all.
    AH! So you CAN'T prove your opinion is FACT then!
    No more opinions for YOU! X-(

:))
    you sound like my wife :#

http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/04/27/402625347/fact-check-is-the-clinton-foundation-the-most-transparent

"The Clinton foundation discloses all of its donors, and, as Chelsea Clinton noted, it is now doing so more frequently as Hillary Clinton is running for president. That's more than other presidential libraries and foundations.

The George W. Bush Foundation, which has assets totaling $391 million, lists just corporate backers with no amounts attached. It raised just $37 million in 2013."
    edited November 2016
    I suggest Cheld, Loeffelholz and Chrisall meet me at SABS for a drink of their choosing. No mention of US politicians or Norway!
    And Higgins!
    I almost forgotten him. Sorry....
    Welcome to SABS, all of you.
    I'm only drinking with Chris if he admits that Dalton was **** and VW is great!

Higgins wrote:
    an unspecified by-product of the alimentary system

Great forum auto-edit. I wrote sh*te and that was much shorter :D

Here I'm trying to be mature, and you won't play. Do you know how rarely this happens to me? It's very hard for me to be mature - like Eva Green trying not to be hot or Trump surprisingly his Id.
    Higgins wrote:
    I'm only drinking with Chris if he admits that Dalton was **** and VW is great!
    The second half is acceptable. :p
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    For myself speaking as a non American and non European ;) History is full of presidents
    who promised many lovely things, but who didn't deliver. Now
    the US has a President who has promised many nasty things, but I doubt if he'll be able to
    Deliver either ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Non-European? Did you move, TP?
    European is a state of mind. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    edited November 2016
    For the record, I love the entire Constitution - and my response was tongue-in-cheek; not that it matters 8-)

It looks to me as if the president-elect was exercising his own 1st Amendment rights in sharing his opinion. The media was proven to have colluded with the DNC during the election season, after all. When a 'free press' only covers one side - ignoring some things and then blowing others out of proportion - they deserve to hear about themselves, in my humble opinion. Trump will be embattled at every step of his presidency, and the 'free press' will continue to carry the water for his opposition. Sad, but true.

The 1st Amendment entrusts the press with an implied responsibility, as well as guaranteeing its freedom. That responsibility is routinely shirked these days, which itself is dangerous and frightening. And it's also one of the reasons that Hillary Clinton lost the election: half of the population has stopped believing what the media tells them.

I was not a Trump supporter at any point, but I will watch how he governs, and form my own opinion---independent of a corrupt media which has earned my deep distrust.

I won't be engaging in further discussion on this, as you gents enjoy this so much more than I do, and seem free to speak for me in my absence anyway -{
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    I think there is much to what you just write Loeffelholz. I still think Trump was unwise do what he did, and it's not the role of a president elect. I wonder: Trump has made statements that are more moderate than what he said during the election on many subjects- aborten, the wall, Obamacare, prosecution of Hillary etc. Do you think this signals real shifts in his policy, or is it simply because he tends to change his opinion often and on many issues?
    On politics in general ........
    Listening to an old radio comedy on BBC radio 4 ( the greatest of all radio stations) -{
    An ambassador explained the difference between communism and capitalism........
    " Under Communism people are Forced to go cold and hungry, ... While under capitalism
    People have the Freedom, to go cold and hungry ! " :D well I thought it was funny anyway.
This discussion has been closed.