Who will win the november election in the U.S.? Trump or Hillary?

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    I understand, Higgins.
    Perhaps my suggestions in post 860# is a better way forward?
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,025MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    {[]

{[]
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I understand, Higgins.
    Perhaps my suggestions in post 860# is a better way forward?
    Fancy a pint or coke zero in the SABS 24? I'll buy
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    I understand what you say, n24.

I am also fully aware that I am very persistent here and annoying to many - honestly I don't care.

My nation has a history with people "that felt left alone by the establishment",not trusting anyone anymore - and where opting for a shouting man with much hate and simple "facts"

I promised myself, that I'll always stand up if that kind will happen again and the rise of populism with out-of context, manipulative and suggestive stats and info bits is exactly that!

I won't let fly that in public.

And just before people are jumping at me:
    I am not calling Trump a Nazi or new Hitler, but certain "modus of operandi" are scaringly similar.

Thank you for standing up for what you believe is right!
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    I understand what you say, n24.

I am also fully aware that I am very persistent here and annoying to many - honestly I don't care.

My nation has a history with people "that felt left alone by the establishment",not trusting anyone anymore - and where opting for a shouting man with much hate and simple "facts"

I promised myself, that I'll always stand up if that kind will happen again and the rise of populism with out-of context, manipulative and suggestive stats and info bits is exactly that!

I won't let fly that in public.

And just before people are jumping at me:
    I am not calling Trump a Nazi or new Hitler, but certain "modus of operandi" are scaringly similar.

I very much appreciate your stance given your national and historical context, Higgie B, thank you for that. I (still) have faith in the U.S. Constitution and the American people, from both sides, to prevent things from getting out of line by means of political checks and balances, particularly elections, term limits and provisions for impeachment, lol. A case in point is marriage equality, which even Obama objected to in his first term only to later champion after realizing the overwhelming shift in sentiment among Americans within a short span of years.

RE: The IS, yes, I did mention here my strong hate for GWB's campaign in Iraq, so yes, afterall, I realize I am aware of the salient details behind it all, up to the Obama Administration. But just as GWB committed his incredulous faux pas with his "mission accomplished," Obama commited his own blunder with his "JV" assessment of the threat; despite his campaign obligation and the overwhelming public weariness to the war, he was/is the Commander-in-chief and difficult decisions like that must always be tempered with sobriety and an astute appreciation for strategic consequences. So, my point? Obama was no less a boob than his predecessor because Obama "didn't make it better. It will be quite a challenge for Trump since he seems more of an isolationist, but he certainly needs to know there's still a big mess in that region that the U.S. is still responsible for.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    The recent movement of refugees from Northern Africa and the Middle East shows, that people that have nothing to lose* are not stopped by the outlook of losing their lifes by entering boats to cross the Mediterranian Sea - I doubt that a wall can stop people in a similar situation in Mexico

*and let's not forget: The destabilisation of the region has been done by the US and the people from Africa suffer because we exploit their countries, ressources and workforce.
    So they must leave because of the consequences of western politics

It's like peeling an onion. There was 9/11, to which the U.S.' destabilization to the region was in response to...and of course 9/11 was in response to a myriad of other events, and so on, which just makes isolationalism all the more attractive...which in turn was the U.S. sentiment in the early 20th Century, particularly the 2 world wars and somewhere within all of that came the critical pivot of Pearl Harbor which changed U.S. Foreign Policy forever. Then came the U.S. responses to the cold war with Korea and Vietnam, while East-West tensions combined with lingering colonial rivalry in the Middle East, combined with the influx of Jewish refugees into Palestine... I tell you, I understand the conscientious response to important world events, but i wonder if it would be any worse if America just minded its own business?!?

RE: Immigration policies, playing Devil's advocate, why not just abolish all immigration laws in the U.S. and the E.U.?
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • cheldcheld Posts: 300MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    From your own source:

bildschirmfotou7hbntli3w.png

Those are the facts ;)

The Obama administration changed the definition of "militant" to refer to any military-aged male in a strike zone.

That, sir, is the very definition of "propaganda".

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/29/world/obamas-leadership-in-war-on-al-qaeda.html?pagewanted=9&_r=1&hp&adxnnlx=1338289213-gFazCDrgzwY2RtQCER9fGQ&pagewanted=all

"Mr. Obama embraced a disputed method for counting civilian casualties that did little to box him in. It in effect counts all military-age males in a strike zone as combatants, according to several administration officials, unless there is explicit intelligence posthumously proving them innocent.

This counting method may partly explain the official claims of extraordinarily low collateral deaths. In a speech last year Mr. Brennan, Mr. Obama’s trusted adviser, said that not a single noncombatant had been killed in a year of strikes. And in a recent interview, a senior administration official said that the number of civilians killed in drone strikes in Pakistan under Mr. Obama was in the “single digits” — and that independent counts of scores or hundreds of civilian deaths unwittingly draw on false propaganda claims by militants.

But in interviews, three former senior intelligence officials expressed disbelief that the number could be so low. The C.I.A. accounting has so troubled some administration officials outside the agency that they have brought their concerns to the White House. One called it “guilt by association” that has led to “deceptive” estimates of civilian casualties.

“It bothers me when they say there were seven guys, so they must all be militants,” the official said. “They count the corpses and they’re not really sure who they are.”"
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited November 2016
    8-) oh well, and just when I blame you for throwing things in without context, you just do it again :D

My closing line
    Higgins wrote:
    Those are the facts ;)

was the summary of a comprehensive post about a Bureau of Investigative Journalism statistic, which 0073 initially posted. So the accusation of propaganda can't go into my direction.

I suggest that you read my post again entirely - or is it just about fooling others that are lazy?

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/852499/#p852499

And just for the record: If the comments about the changed counting method of militans are accurate, I despise it!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Anybody seen a Trump bird yet?

image1qpmuwyjx3.jpg

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    What a magnificent animal.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    What a sight! I've said it before:
    Explorers should search for the rare multi-coloured Hillary pant-suit orchid :D
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    James bond is not amused

20161117_201451.jpg

If only
    20161117_201515.jpg
    It was either that.....or the priesthood

Funny video!
    But I have to ask: do Germans still rely on dubbing, or can you read fast enough for subtitles by now? :D
    practically all of movies/tv series are dubbed here.

One of the reasons why we don't go to the cinema very often.

I guess that it has something to do with market size: For 80 million Germans, it makes sense to dub, for 5 million Norwegians - not.

But knowing how important language skills are, I'd order having every foreign movie/tv series played in english - simple to improve that skill, and it's necessary with most people here.

To be fair the market size is the main reason why we only use subtitles for anyone but small children. It is a huge advantage for language learning. I remember my sister talking about when she met some Italians. After a while she realized they were clueless about classic movie lines.

giphy.gif

They also spoke of this huge rock band called "U Due". It turned out that's what they call U2.
    Number24 wrote:
    http://freedomoutpost.com/1063-documented-examples-of-barack-obamas-lying-lawbreaking-corruption-cronyism-hypocrisy-waste-etc/

http://www.globalwarminglies.com/

2 links from many.

Higgins, I cannot compete with your political knowledge, I don't have enough interest in it. But the majority of people become politicians because they can't hold down a proper job :D . (IMHO)

What is the backgrund, education and profession of the person running www.globalwarminglies.com?
    Is he one of the 1.5% climate researchers who don't belive the changes are mostly human made?

Where do you get 98.5% from. One of the websites that agree with your opinion? there are hundreds of websites offering different opinions. It doesn't make the one you read any more correct than another saying the opposite.

Seems that even Trump changes his position slightly re. global warming:

bildschirmfotoj5omnxy7fi.png

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

What is the backgrund, education and profession of the person running www.globalwarminglies.com?
    Is he one of the 1.5% climate researchers who don't belive the changes are mostly human made?

Where do you get 98.5% from. One of the websites that agree with your opinion? there are hundreds of websites offering different opinions. It doesn't make the one you read any more correct than another saying the opposite.

Seems that even Trump changes his position slightly re. global warming:

bildschirmfotoj5omnxy7fi.png

I'm not sure what is scarier: Trump following through with his campaign promises or the way Trump constantly changes his views.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    I wonder if there are any political positions Trump has never had?
    Coming back to the "Obama lied" discussion and making bold headlines without context:

bildschirmfoto9pnzafdg6i.png

If it would be a democrat, the entire right wing propaganda would fume and shout "he lied, he lied"!
    IMO it's a good thing for many reasons and be it only that he knew* and still knows that this has only little criminal relevance and is all blown out of perspective.

* I am speaking about the Clinton "email-gate"

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,286MI6 Agent
    Trump says he wants her to heal!

He should be bringing her to heel! :D

It does remind me of that US comedian who said the first thing newly elected Presidents do, they are ushered in to a darkened room and shown footage of the assassination of President Kennedy from angles never hitherto seen or publicly aired before! :o

After that, they are happy to let their bolder and more controversial initiatives fall by the wayside.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Of course, there was never a quid pro quo, this is just coincidental timing....

Foreign Donors Begin Pulling Out From Clinton Foundation
    Overseas governments clearly feel there is nothing left to buy

http://observer.com/2016/11/foreign-donors-begin-pulling-out-from-clinton-foundation/
    edited November 2016
    "Disclosure: Donald Trump is the father-in-law of Jared Kushner, the publisher of Observer Media."

Pretty sure the same has happened with organisations that are related to GWB, Romney etc. after they've lost power. A balanced article and serious journalist would have researched this.

It's nothing remarkable exclusively to Clinton and again - the Clinton Foundation is doing lots of good things!

Norway is one of the largest donors to the Clinton Foundation. I wonder why this particular foundation was picked and if it is considered a bad investment now?
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    Number24 wrote:
    Norway is one of the largest donors to the Clinton Foundation. I wonder why this particular foundation was picked and if it is considered a bad investment now?

Well...there's no guaranteed ticket to the Secretary of State's (or President's) office any longer...no wonder donations are down sharply.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Higgins wrote:
    "Disclosure: Donald Trump is the father-in-law of Jared Kushner, the publisher of Observer Media."

Pretty sure the same has happened with organisations that are related to GWB, Romney etc. after they've lost power. A balanced article and serious journalist would have researched this.

Back up your claims about GWB and Romney or retract them.

The Observer article is true; the source is irrelevant.
    edited November 2016
    You don't get it, eh? :))

The headline may be true

"Foreign Donors Begin Pulling Out From Clinton Foundation"

...well half of it.
    It's about ONE foreign donor - Norway - and we don't know the reason for it.

The article itself is full of sloppy, lazy and populist "journalism", unfounded accusations and assumptions and lacks any balance or perspective in the larger scale.
    But you love the bold oneliners and presenting those as "facts", don't you? :v

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,286MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:

Well...there's no guaranteed ticket to the Secretary of State's (or President's) office any longer...no wonder donations are down sharply.

"Ah, there you are old boy, I was wondering what had happened to you..."
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    oops.

edited November 2016
    Higgins wrote:
    You don't get it, eh? :))

The headline may be true

"Foreign Donors Begin Pulling Out From Clinton Foundation"

...well half of it.
    It's about ONE foreign donor - Norway - and we don't know the reason for it.

The article itself is full of sloppy, lazy and populist "journalism", unfounded accusations and assumptions and lacks any balance or perspective in the larger scale.
    But you love the bold oneliners and presenting those as "facts", don't you? :v

The original FACTS, in Norwegian:

http://www.hegnar.no/Nyheter/Politikk/2016/11/Norge-kutter-gigantoverfoeringer-til-Clinton-stiftelsen

English translation:

"After a record contribution from Norway to the disputed Clinton Foundation before the election year, is the contribution now in freefall. Financial newspaper can tell that next year's contribution is down 83 percent from the peak year of 2015.

For 2016, the planned payments to Clinton Health Access Initiative totaling 35.9 million kroner, writes communications advisor Guri Solberg at the Foreign Ministry, in an email to Finance newspaper.

It is one-fifth of last year's contribution, when nominating election campaign before the US primaries was in full swing, and the Clinton Foundation came under the spotlight in the US press."

Give it up, child. But first, how about those figures about Bush and Romney you promised from your middle back pocket?
This discussion has been closed.