Who will win the november election in the U.S.? Trump or Hillary?

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    superado wrote:
    I didn't hear anyone from the Left complain about the Electoral College when Obama and Bill Clinton won their respective 2 terms; it doesn't matter how large their margins were
    Well yeah, it kinda does.

Take it easy guys, I shall return in a bit. -{
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Packing for your emmigration to Germany ;%
    Our guest toilet is now occupied by Max! He was faster :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    One fantastic bonus for us in the UK about the Trump win is. Rent a Gob
    Katie Hopkins is off to live there ! -{ ..... Unless she too lied about that.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • DanBond11DanBond11 Posts: 64MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    He's here since four days with a post count of six. That was not difficult - even by your standards :D

Actually been a member here for eight years and ten years at MI6, I don't remember my old account
    for this forum. Only reason I came back was because this forums merchandise and prop thread are way better than MI6's lol. I am sure to you guys my $18 replica/fake looks horrible but to a college student who is a big Bond fan and inexperienced in buying replica props it's not to bad..

All good though no hate lol
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,327MI6 Agent
    One fantastic bonus for us in the UK about the Trump win is. Rent a Gob
    Katie Hopkins is off to live there ! -{ ..... Unless she too lied about that.

Who the hell is Katie Hopkins that's a new one on me?
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    She's an ex-Apprentice finalist who has become a "rent a Gob" for talk shows etc.
    She's an extreme right winger and very out spoken. Although in my opinion she
    Has milked UK TV for all its worth, so I guess is off to try and break America ...
    ... Not knowing that Trump will probably break it first ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Ah that explains it - I have never watched The Apprentice - Alan Sugar is not my cup of tea (I don't take sugar in tea :D ).
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    superado wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    The demonstrations/riots after the election are disapointing. It doesn't help that some Trump supporters threathened armed riots/rebelion if Hillary won, this isn't smart or dignified.

Protests are great, riots not at all. I think protests are justified in this case, since the people were not all heard in this election. The US has a broken system that doesn't count everyone's vote equally. It allowed Trump to get elected even though more people voted for Clinton.

I didn't hear anyone from the Left complain about the Electoral College when Obama and Bill Clinton won their respective 2 terms; it doesn't matter how large their margins were, but the same system was in place and was at work in those elections.

If Trump won the popular vote but not the Electoral College, don't you think people would also be complaining?
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    She's an over opinionated, under educated haridan, she once sat on TV criticising " commoners" who name their children after geographical locations....she must have forgotten she named her daughter India 8-)
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Chriscoop wrote:
    She's an over opinionated, under educated haridan, she once sat on TV criticising " commoners" who name their children after geographical locations....she must have forgotten she named her daughter India 8-)

That confirms it- I have never heard of her and don't ever want to - can't abide people like that.
    :)) Yes, My daughter told me about that one.
    I can't understand how people like her survive? In fact I can't believe the apprentice manages to select such absolute imbeciles every year, it seems all you need is some meaningless "thinking outside the box" " let's smash this" jargon and no business sense at all and Alan Sugar will give you 250k.
    As for Katie Hopkins she likes to forward herself as a bastion of britishness and middle class sensibilities, then gets photographed getting laid in a field...behind the bloody gate!!! Move into the middle of the field you freak show... ITS FURTHER FROM THE ROAD!!! '
    Getting laid in a field, is that a middle-class thing ?, On that scale where does the back of
    A Ford Sierra, put me ? :))
    Getting laid in a field, is that a middle-class thing ?, On that scale where does the back of
    A Ford Sierra, put me ? :))
    No we get laid in hotels 4stars and above. If you do feel the urge while in rural areas it's acceptable to use the back of the range rover. Was the Sierra a ghia?
    Absolutely, nothing but the best ! :D ( there was a hell of a lot of room in a Sierra )
    On the American Elections , I am a little worried.... If Prez Trump gets a state visit,
    Getting to meet Her Majesty. ( Given where he likes to grab women ) her protection
    Unit had better be ready to jump in ! :D
  • cheldcheld Posts: 300MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    The demonstrations/riots after the election are disapointing. It doesn't help that some Trump supporters threathened armed riots/rebelion if Hillary won, this isn't smart or dignified.

Protests are great, riots not at all. I think protests are justified in this case, since the people were not all heard in this election. The US has a broken system that doesn't count everyone's vote equally. It allowed Trump to get elected even though more people voted for Clinton.

From Jonathan Adler, law professor at Case Western University:

"We do not know what the result would have been under a popular vote system, let alone whether Clinton would have prevailed.

The reason for this is because the electoral college system encourages the campaigns (and their surrogates and allies) to concentrate their efforts on swing states — those states in which the electoral votes are up for grabs — at the expense of those states in which one party or the other has no meaningful chance to prevail. The presidential campaigns make no meaningful effort to turn out votes in populous, but non-competitive states such as California, New York and Texas. There is no advantage to running up the score in a state solidly in one camp, nor is there much benefit in trying to drive up turnout in pursuit of a hopeless cause.

So, for instance, a GOP campaign would invest little in trying to drive up the vote total in Texas or reducing the margin by which its candidate loses in New York or California, and ditto the Democratic campaign in reverse. Under a popular-vote system, on the other hand, every vote in every state would count equally, and campaigns would be likely to devote substantial resources driving up turnout in these same states. We don’t have any particularly reliable guide as to what vote tallies such efforts would produce. Voter knowledge as to whether they are in a competitive state may also affect voter behavior, such as the willingness to support a third-party candidate or cast a protest vote, further altering the result we would see in a different system."
    Absolutely, nothing but the best ! :D ( there was a hell of a lot of room in a Sierra )
    On the American Elections , I am a little worried.... If Prez Trump gets a state visit,
    Getting to meet Her Majesty. ( Given where he likes to grab women ) her protection
    Unit had better be ready to jump in ! :D
    :)) He'd have to get past Philips first, and we know what he thinks of the bloody colonials :))
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    cheld, I've heard that reasoning before, and it doesn't sound very balanced. It renders so many votes meaningless. It also is what keeps the country in a two-party system.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Majority votes don't work either, Matt S. Brexit won the majority vote and now the Remainers are challenging it.
    There have even been problems with the voting on X Factor. :#
  • cheldcheld Posts: 300MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    cheld, I've heard that reasoning before, and it doesn't sound very balanced. It renders so many votes meaningless. It also is what keeps the country in a two-party system.

Maine passed Ranked Choice Voting on Tuesday; that could help break the two-party stranglehold if adopted by other states (Maine is one of the more fertile grounds for third parties already).
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote:
    superado wrote:
    I didn't hear anyone from the Left complain about the Electoral College when Obama and Bill Clinton won their respective 2 terms; it doesn't matter how large their margins were
    Well yeah, it kinda does.

By margins, I meant the large ones Obama had in regard to both the Electoral College and the popular vote, not the Electoral College paradox of 2000 and 2016. Whoever is complaining about the EC now, in principle should have also complained about it in 2008 and 2012, when “there wasn’t an issue.”
    Matt S wrote:

If Trump won the popular vote but not the Electoral College, don't you think people would also be complaining?

Either way, the complaints wouldn’t be valid. As I said just above, why complain only when there’s a paradox and not when “there wasn’t an issue”?

For those who think the EC is an antiquated, 200+ year old system like what many are whining about lately, do some research first why it was put in place and why it’s still in place. Just looking at the layout of the red and blue map by counties should give a little hint.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited November 2016
    Anyhow seeing the hate between the camps and the polarisation of society after 911, I think that it's about time to change the system to allow more parties representing the political opinions in the US.

The 'The winner takes it all' system supports that kind of polarisation - no doubt.

Just to make it clear - I am not complaining hat Clinton has received more votes than Trum - that kind of system is clear as you rightly say.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,836MI6 Agent
    I think it's clear that Hillary Clinton will never again run for president. But what will she do?
    Will she continued serving as senator, run the Clinton Found action, do expensive lectures?
    All of the above or something else?
    https://youtu.be/VDVU_TGLJU0
    Hillary Clinton in the new John Lewis advert ?
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    Yeah, that's good stuff from Mr Brand. Ta, chrisisall.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,032MI6 Agent
    What I find troubling in the current state of democratic process in the western world is this strong undercurrent of "Failed Voter" -attitude, that is prevalent in the so called urban and conscious class of people.

When ever the results of an election or referendum goes against the wishes of these people, they explain it with the lack of knowledge and understanding of the voters who voted for the winning ticket. Now I am not saying that the winning ticket is the best choice in all these instances, nor am I going to take a stance on Trump or Brexit, only time will tell. But what I am going to take a stance on is the right and responsibility of every single citizen to cast a vote in an election or referendum in which they are eligible to do so. If one did not vote on the brexit or in the US prez election, then there is no reason for one to cry foul about the results.

And even if you did vote, and if your choice lost (or won), it is in my honest opinion a mockery of the democratic process to look down on other voters on the basis of their choice.

It is the one characteristic of democracy that sets it apart from other systems of government, peoples right to make mistakes and not having to have fear for their lives because of it.
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,670Chief of Staff
    DanBond11 wrote:
    Higgins wrote:
    He's here since four days with a post count of six. That was not difficult - even by your standards :D

Actually been a member here for eight years and ten years at MI6, I don't remember my old account
    for this forum. Only reason I came back was because this forums merchandise and prop thread are way better than MI6's lol. I am sure to you guys my $18 replica/fake looks horrible but to a college student who is a big Bond fan and inexperienced in buying replica props it's not to bad..

All good though no hate lol

If you contact a Mod via PM we can access your old account for you and reset it...AJB doesn't really like people having multiple accounts... -{
    YNWA 97
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,836MI6 Agent
    I just returned from "borrow a local" at the library where volunteers like me talk to and teach refugees. One of the newbies this time was a Syrian woman with an injured lower lip. To my great surprisingly, two of the male refugees were pro-Trump. They were from Eritrea and Syria (a kurd). I have never in my life met somone pro-Trump before. I wish we had more time and they spoke better Norwegian.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    0073 wrote:
    What I find troubling in the current state of democratic process in the western world is this strong undercurrent of "Failed Voter" -attitude, that is prevalent in the so called urban and conscious class of people.

When ever the results of an election or referendum goes against the wishes of these people, they explain it with the lack of knowledge and understanding of the voters who voted for the winning ticket. Now I am not saying that the winning ticket is the best choice in all these instances, nor am I going to take a stance on Trump or Brexit, only time will tell. But what I am going to take a stance on is the right and responsibility of every single citizen to cast a vote in an election or referendum in which they are eligible to do so. If one did not vote on the brexit or in the US prez election, then there is no reason for one to cry foul about the results.

And even if you did vote, and if your choice lost (or won), it is in my honest opinion a mockery of the democratic process to look down on other voters on the basis of their choice.

It is the one characteristic of democracy that sets it apart from other systems of government, peoples right to make mistakes and not having to have fear for their lives because of it.

Great post.

It is everyones responsibility to vote if they are eligible and the result should be respected.

I'm not sure why we have found ourselves in situation with people throwing toys out of the pram because the vote didn't go the way they wanted.

Debate,discuss and engage but rioting and aggressive protesting are not very democratic.

As for the popular vote it seems to brought up a lot these days when votes don't go the way people want.

We had it recently in our last general election. Mainly because the SNP actually got 56 members of parliament with a total of 1.5 million votes whilst UKIP got one MP but with a total of just under 4 million votes ... they were actually the third biggest party in popular votes but got only one seat in parliament :s
This discussion has been closed.