Who will win the november election in the U.S.? Trump or Hillary?

Comments

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,994Quartermasters
    I also think it was very bad of Mrs Clinton not to address her supporters. :#
    Seems, very rude and cold.

Typical of her, IMHO.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,886Chief of Staff
    Although I didn't vote for Clump, I'm still stunned. All I can say is the prognosticators were wrong about one thing, at least. . .the earth is still spinning on its axis, no trumpets have sounded, and the seven-headed beast is nowhere to be seen. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,323MI6 Agent
    It's like waking up on Christmas morning to find that Santa crapped in your sack.

Still, we shall see.

Trump has broken one of his promises already: he's talked about uniting the country and everyone getting along together... :))
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent

Typical of her, IMHO.

I think she is waiting for people to wake up (if they ever got to sleep). Unlike the UK, the US is in 4 time zones. It would be rude of her to talk to her people if half of them are asleep.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,871MI6 Agent

Typical of her, IMHO.

Hillary is secretive by nature and lacks much of the superb social skills of Obama and her husband. It's one of the reasons she lost. The election must have been an enormous loss for her, both professionally and personally. Almost traumatic, I'm guessing.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Secretive and it seems a habitual liar! She claimed to have been in new York during the 9/11 attacks....she was in fact in Washington, she also claims on a visit to I think Sarajevo she had to run for cover due to sniper fire....she was actually photographed receiving flowers from a small child.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    It's like waking up on Christmas morning to find that Santa crapped in your sack.

:)) :)) :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    edited November 2016
    Why is it that the Left are always such sore losers? The anguish and vitriol spouted out by some Left Wing supporters is staggering.

Freedom of speech and opinion.

I for my part won't eat chalk just because of being polite. I stay with my position and my worst fears about Trump.
    I'd be very happy if I was totally wrong about him all the time.

Chriscoop wrote:
    Secretive and it seems a habitual liar! She claimed to have been in new York during the 9/11 attacks....she was in fact in Washington, she also claims on a visit to I think Sarajevo she had to run for cover due to sniper fire....she was actually photographed receiving flowers from a small child.

She can be disponert at times, yes. Not nearly Trumps level (see fact checks after debates), but still bad.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) Although it is funny, if Trump is such a Joke ? What does it say about the
    Person he defeated ? :))

I still think it was very rude of her not to address her supporters ( many who had waited all day) then
    Again. We all live by different degrees of politeness. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    :)) Although it is funny, if Trump is such a Joke ? What does it say about the
    Person he defeated ? :))

I still think it was very rude of her not to address her supporters ( many who had waited all day) then
    Again. We all live by different degrees of politeness. ;)

She's about to speak.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Trump. They are as bad as each other in many ways.
    I understand. Hillary should have defeated him easily, but she has made some really bad decision over the years. In four years both parties must find far better candidates.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,323MI6 Agent
    Dunno, I thought Republicans were pretty sore because they're only patriotic when it's their guy in the White House. When it's a Democrat President they just block everything and refuse to play ball.

I mean, Trump was a sore loser before the election even polled, saying it was rigged. Now, of course, it isn't.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,097MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Although I didn't vote for Clump, I'm still stunned. All I can say is the prognosticators were wrong about one thing, at least. . .the earth is still spinning on its axis, no trumpets have sounded, and the seven-headed beast is nowhere to be seen. . .

That occurs at Noon Eastern Time on January 20th. :D

I feel hungover and I wasn't drinking. Tempted to start though. This election is proof we've taken the sentiment that "Anyone can grow up to be President" too far.

From my viewpoint both major parties have imploded.
    I think in many nations politics has become out of touch with the respective populous. Fortunately in this case trump simply doesn't have a free reign to do as he pleases. There are some brilliant minds in politics and hopefully trump will be counselled well, what this election has shown is how two candidates with so many negative aspects to them can be put in a position of such power. Trump is an odious persona does that mean he will be a bad president? Only time will tell. The personal attacks have been a side show which took focus from policy. Clintons attacks on trumps attitude to women rings hollow from a woman who stood by a cheating man who lied under oath theres no self respect there. Either she stayed with Bill for gain or was too weak to leave him. Trump behaves like so many arrogant wealthy men towards women which is disgracefully. Neither one of them should have been in the race
    But now America has spoken and we just need to get on with the business of living our own lives and rolling with the blows if and when come.
    I think Trump said something important in his acceptance speech. I don't remember it word for word, but this is the gist of it: "For those of you who have been forgotten - you will never be forgotten. about again."

I think many of Trump's voters feel the modern, globalised world has forgotten them and left them behind
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,654MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:

Well...there goes my prediction about the Whore of Babylon foretold by prophecy!
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,396MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:

I think many of Trump's voters feel the modern, globalised world has forgotten them and left them behind

I think you're right N24. In the last few years the "silent majority" have had enough of being treated as second class citizens in their own country where ever that may be. At last they are responding to political parties who will listen to them and put them first instead of at the back of the queue. Hence why recently the Conservative's in the UK, Brexit, Trump and even Duterte here in The Philippines have all defied the polls who shouted the opposite in every case. Watch for the elections in France, Germany and Holland next year I think they will all go to the Right and the EU will be dead in the water.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,396MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Why is it that the Left are always such sore losers? The anguish and vitriol spouted out by some Left Wing supporters is staggering.

Freedom of speech and opinion.

I for my part won't eat chalk just because of being polite. I stay with my position and my worst fears about Trump.
    I'd be very happy if I was totally wrong about him all the time.

Despite me having no political allegiance whatsoever because they are all as bad as each other, I do find myself chuckling at the outraged Left every time they lose. Sure, we enjoy freedom of speech, it's just a shame they can't compose a literate response without resorting to silly playground insults and outright malice which shows them up for what they really are.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,062MI6 Agent
    The center's (not left's) pure arrogance lost them the election. They brushed Sanders aside (too left for them) & just knew Hillary could beat Trump. The f***ing idiots.
    Sanders & Trump represented change. Sanders represented better change. No Sanders? Then they picked the change they could. 8-)
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • Ammo08Ammo08 Missouri, USAPosts: 387MI6 Agent
    Hillary Clinton is a criminal, plain and simple. Her disregard of classified materials handling is just one example. She is fabulously wealthy but acts like she cares about the little people..(hint-she doesn't)...in the 8 years the Democrats have been in office everything got worse economically and politically. 94 million Americans are not working who used to be in the work force, minority unemployment is higher, etc.

I lived in Arkansas when Bill was governor, we didn't call him Slick Willy for nothing.
    "I don't know if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who mean it."-Mark Twain
    'Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.'- Benny Hill (1924-1992)
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I understand. Hillary should have defeated him easily, but she has made some really bad decision over the years. In four years both parties must find far better candidates.

Both parties had really bad candidates, so no wonder that one of them has won. Will they look for better candidates next time? somehow I doubt it.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,062MI6 Agent
    Ammo08 wrote:
    I lived in Arkansas when Bill was governor, we didn't call him Slick Willy for nothing.
    Then you know.
    I lived in NY with Giuliani- same ****, but a little more fascist.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    edited November 2016
    Sure, we enjoy freedom of speech, it's just a shame they can't compose a literate response without resorting to silly playground insults and outright malice which shows them up for what they really are.

...and just for a second I thought that you where talking about Trump during his campaign ;)

Now seriously , I've been watching CNN a lot yesterday, I thought that the defeat has been handled pretty gracefully by the left and they have been starting to understand the reasons why without pointing fingers or complain about a rigged election and such ;)

If this vote was really about getting rid of large parts of the creepy elites in Washington I am all for that - though I am not sure that Trump is the right person to do it. But if he really wants it, he can do - nobody stops him here.

What I found remarkable is the high amount of ethnic groups like latinos, african americans that voted for Trump together with a relative high amount of college graduates and women.
    I even personally know gay married people who supported Trump.

And then there are the Bernie Supporters. Reportedly 30% of them did not vote at all "because they could not elect Hillary". Now you've gotten Trump! Are you happy now?

They all had it in hands to prevent Trump but miserably failed on a large scale.

As what Number 24 said
    Number24 wrote:
    "For those of you who have been forgotten - you will never be forgotten. about again."

, it's understandable that people want the good old times* back, but no matter how you vote - that won't come back - and that's a sad fact :#

*I sound like my own grandma already 8-)

Ammo08 wrote:
    Hillary Clinton is a criminal, plain and simple. Her disregard of classified materials handling is just one example. She is fabulously wealthy but acts like she cares about the little people..(hint-she doesn't)...in the 8 years the Democrats have been in office everything got worse economically and politically. 94 million Americans are not working who used to be in the work force, minority unemployment is higher, etc.

While the e-mail showed very bad judgement, both the FBI and congress did not find it crimminal. Calling her a criminal "plain and simple" is hyperbole.
    The last Republican presidency ended in a huge economic crisis. The economy has recovered from that during Obama's administration.
    edited November 2016
    ...and the 94 million figure - another case of "How to lie with statistics"? :v

The 94 million figure in the context how bad the economy is implies that 94 million are unemployed.

Well, they are not!

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/feb/10/ted-cruz/ted-cruz-says-92-million-americans-arent-working/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were 249.7 million non-institutionalized civilians 16 years of age and older last month. Of those, 148.2 million were employed, leaving 101.7 million not employed.

37.5 million are age 65 and over -- an age when Medicare kicks in and many Americans head into retirement.

11.9 million are between 16 and 19, meaning they’re either high-school-age or starting college.
    And another 8 million are age 20 to 24, when many are in college or graduate school.

Just because someone in the prime working-age range (25 to 64) isn’t working doesn’t mean that they are unemployed. They may be disabled, taking care of children full-time or have gone back to school.

The actual number of officially unemployed Americans in January was a little under 9 million -- just one-tenth of the figure Cruz cited as "not working."

I am aware, that those official stats "wipe out" many who are unemployed and the real unemployment number may be around 20 million in the US.

But what our friends from the right conventiently leave out is how unemployment number was when Obama took over:
    The unemployment rate 2009 was 10,1% - double of the unemployment rate which is now at 5%.!

http://www.bls.gov/spotlight/2012/recession/pdf/recession_bls_spotlight.pdf

This kind of agitation with easy replies and numbers is what annoys me.
    It's just about banking on stupid/lazy people and try to manipulate them.

I know I'm being very forward here, but ....

I don't think I'm alone in thinking the election that the aspects of the American system is broken. Not simply because of Trump, I was thinking this long before Trump was a candidate. What and how do you think that system should be changed? I ask American members forgivness in advance - I really do mean it well.

My suggestions:

- A proportional election system where a party gets poer in proportion to the votes, in contrast to the winner gets everyting no matter how small his majority is. This will make every vote count, less focus on swing states and better chances for a third/fourth party.

- Better education about the political system, foreign affairs and elections.

- Outlaw superpacks

- Outlaw political advertising on TV. Or slightly less controversial: In exchange of broadcast rights TV channels should be required to a certain number of show political ads fro free/ low cost in exchange for broadcasting rights.
    Controversial I guess, but it would remove some of the dependence on big money in elections.

- Candidates are required to make public all donations of significant size.

- Candidates must be required to make public all their property, board memberships and investments

- Are quotas to colleges based on ethnicity? If they are, they should be based on people's financial situation instead. This will help the underprivilaged among the white population.
    Here is (roughly) Michael Moore's reply to my post. He he might not have actually read it - just heard of it - but ....): :D

Michael Moore

Morning After To-Do List:
    1. Take over the Democratic Party and return it to the people. They have failed us miserably.
    2. Fire all pundits, predictors, pollsters and anyone else in the media who had a narrative they wouldn't let go of and refused to listen to or acknowledge what was really going on. Those same bloviators will now tell us we must "heal the divide" and "come together." They will pull more hooey like that out of their ass in the days to come. Turn them off.
    3. Any Democratic member of Congress who didn't wake up this morning ready to fight, resist and obstruct in the way Republicans did against President Obama every day for eight full years must step out of the way and let those of us who know the score lead the way in stopping the meanness and the madness that's about to begin.
    4. Everyone must stop saying they are "stunned" and "shocked". What you mean to say is that you were in a bubble and weren't paying attention to your fellow Americans and their despair. YEARS of being neglected by both parties, the anger and the need for revenge against the system only grew. Along came a TV star they liked whose plan was to destroy both parties and tell them all "You're fired!" Trump's victory is no surprise. He was never a joke. Treating him as one only strengthened him. He is both a creature and a creation of the media and the media will never own that.
    5. You must say this sentence to everyone you meet today: "HILLARY CLINTON WON THE POPULAR VOTE!" The MAJORITY of our fellow Americans preferred Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump. Period. Fact. If you woke up this morning thinking you live in an effed-up country, you don't. The majority of your fellow Americans wanted Hillary, not Trump. The only reason he's president is because of an arcane, insane 18th-century idea called the Electoral College. Until we change that, we'll continue to have presidents we didn't elect and didn't want. You live in a country where a majority of its citizens have said they believe there's climate change, they believe women should be paid the same as men, they want a debt-free college education, they don't want us invading countries, they want a raise in the minimum wage and they want a single-payer true universal health care system. None of that has changed. We live in a country where the majority agree with the "liberal" position. We just lack the liberal leadership to make that happen (see: #1 above).

Let's try to get this all done by noon today.
    -- Michael Moore
    edited November 2016
    Well, imo the US election system needs some reform.

The "The winner takes it all" mode more or less automatically leads to 2 big parties.

In the last 15 years - basically after 911, the 2 camps have gotten more and divided and so did the public.

I think it's time to think about a modus, that allows more than 2 big parties to be elected, and which enables coalitions which allow a larger margin of compromise and that reflect more than 50% of the voters.

IMO it's the only chance to heal this kind of hate and division that we see now.

Problem is, that the 2 big parties will not be willing to share "the cake".

This discussion has been closed.