Who will win the november election in the U.S.? Trump or Hillary?

Comments

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,334MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    That aside, everybody asks himself, if he's always been totally virtuous, honourable and trustworthy during his life -privately and professionally.

Exactly right :) . So why stick up for lying politician's?
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    Number24 wrote:
    Higgins wrote:

And here I disagree!

Name some who are totally virtuous, honourable and trustworthy, please Higgins.

Name one human being who is totally virtuos, honorarer and trustworthy, please CoolHandBond.

There is no one N24 which is why it's absurd to trust any politician.
    I do love a good beating ! :p

Although like many, I regard all politicians as " snake oil salesmen " , they'll say
    anything to get elected, then have their snouts in the trough sucking up as much
    money/expenses as they can.

At last! The voice of sanity {[]
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited November 2016

A cursory glance of the internet brings up this: OBAMA - 1053 lies, lawbreaking and corruption. KERRY - 553 lies. McCAIN and ROMNEY - Lies about war service records etc etc.

Not sure where all these numbers come from - unfortunately the world and in particular the world of politics is not that easy and black and white. Just one example:

One could say, that Obama promised to pull all troops out of Iraq.
    What happened was that ISIS happily filled the gap, with all consequences which you can see on their Youtube channels.

Now the decision had to be made - a) stand with the promise, let people get slaughtered by ISIS and let them grow a potential threat to the entire planet

or b) leave some troops there and fight back.

I am happy that Obama opted or b) though many of his critics may shout out "LIE!!!" and the count of his "lies" go up by one

I stand with it, all 4 mentioned politicians are honorable and do their best to do the right thing.
    An Inconvenient Truth full of lies and only supported by those scientists who want grants to "further research".

Well, scientists from here at the other side of the pond (that are for sure not paid by Gore) support most of his claims.

Gore suffered from his image being "boring" and/or a "loser"

Maybe we all should ask ourselfs why we vote for the entertainers, the populists with the easy replies - the winner types with all their dominance and muscle-play.

Maybe it would be better for all of us to opt for the borers and losers who may do a better job in the end?

And not only after having read "Stupid White Men" I sincerely believe that our nation's faiths are generally better in hands of women *instead of all the Posers and Alpha-Males ;)
    Just see where the majority of hate comes from during the Trump Shows: Old white Males 8-) - And I am one of them ;)

Just some thought ;)

And I don't mean Sarah Palin X-(
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!

Exactly right :) . So why stick up for lying politician's?

Because the amateurs would do a much worse job.
    Just look at what happened after Brexit and how quickly Johnson and Farage left the ship that they sunk

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,836MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:

A cursory glance of the internet brings up this: OBAMA - 1053 lies, lawbreaking and corruption. KERRY - 553 lies. McCAIN and ROMNEY - Lies about war service records etc etc.

Not sure where all these numbers come from - unfortunately the world and in particular the world of politics is not that easy and black and white. Just one example:

One could say, that Obama promised to pull all troops out of Iraq.
    What happened was that ISIS happily filled the gap, with all consequences which you can see on their Youtube channels.

Now the decision had to be made - a) stand with the promise, let people get slaughtered by ISIS and let them grow a potential threat to the entire planet

or b) leave some troops there and fight back.

I am happy that Obama opted or b) though many of his critics may shout out "LIE!!!" and the count of his "lies" go up by one

I stand with it, all 4 mentioned politicians are honorable and do their best to do the right thing.
    An Inconvenient Truth full of lies and only supported by those scientists who want grants to "further research".

Well, scientists from here at the other side of the pond (that are for sure not paid by Gore) support most of his claims.

Gore suffered from his image being "boring" and/or a "loser"

Maybe we all should ask ourselfs why we vote for the entertainers, the populists with the easy replies - the winner types with all their dominance and muscle-play.

Maybe it would be better for all of us to opt for the borers and losers who may do a better job in the end?

And not only after having read "Stupid White Men" I sincerely believe that our nation's faiths are generally better in hands of women instead of all the Posers and Alpha-Males ;)
    Just see where the majority of hate comes during the Trump Shows: Old white Males 8-) - And I am one of them ;)

Just some thought ;)

I'with Higgins - what is your source?
    And 98.5% of all climate researchers agree with Gore. Daniels have no credibility and more.
    http://freedomoutpost.com/1063-documented-examples-of-barack-obamas-lying-lawbreaking-corruption-cronyism-hypocrisy-waste-etc/

http://www.globalwarminglies.com/

2 links from many.

Higgins, I cannot compete with your political knowledge, I don't have enough interest in it. But the majority of people become politicians because they can't hold down a proper job :D . (IMHO)
    edited November 2016
    @CHB

no need to feel bad and I don't claim having great political knowledge for myself.

As for your links:

The Internet is full of weird people and everybody can post there everything.
    The second link is from Global Warming deniers which really does not hold water.

The polar caps and glaciers melt - you can see this basically every day and it's because we burn too much oil and emit too much methane. Of course the oil guys don't like this (remember the guys denying that smoke causes cancer??) and are doing everything to shut this down.

But denying Global warming is like Sir Miles opened a webpage saying that the earth is a disc.

Your first source. When you are checking the neutrality and competence of sources, just check headlines.

When I am reading "Corruption, Cronyism, Tyranny" as bullet points and "Corruption, Cronyism Hypocricy, Waste etc. " as the headlines, I can't take this source seriously.

It's just a biased personal thing with a mission and the mission is not to inform people by neutral journalistic standards but to agitate.

Every serious journalist learns in the first lesson:
    Report the story and don't become a part of it.
    Check facts - check and mention the other side of the story.
    Don't take sides, let your readers decide.

I admit that many journalists forget these good standards over the years though.

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Sod the Presidential election, I've just heard Toblerone is changing shape!!! Bigger gaps between the peaks! It really is the limit!!! Is nothing sacred?
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    The gap is ridiculous ! It's huge ! :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Sod the Presidential election, I've just heard Toblerone is changing shape!!! Bigger gaps between the peaks! It really is the limit!!! Is nothing sacred?

I've liked that comment

"I told you that leaving the EU would have serious consequences. Now I' m really upset."

http://freedomoutpost.com/1063-documented-examples-of-barack-obamas-lying-lawbreaking-corruption-cronyism-hypocrisy-waste-etc/

2 links from many.

Higgins, I cannot compete with your political knowledge, I don't have enough interest in it. But the majority of people become politicians because they can't hold down a proper job :D . (IMHO)

What is the backgrund, education and profession of the person running www.globalwarminglies.com?
    Is he one of the 1.5% climate researchers who don't belive the changes are mostly human made?
    Higgins wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

I've liked that comment

"I told you that leaving the EU would have serious consequences. Now I' m really upset."
    I don't know if bigger gaps means we are losing an alp or not!
    :)) :)) Wait until May has pulled article 50 and your Toblerone will look like that
    Einzahnige-Freude.jpg

Number24 wrote:

2 links from many.

What is the backgrund, education and profession of the person running www.globalwarminglies.com?
    Is he one of the 1.5% climate researchers who don't belive the changes are mostly human made?

Being honest my belief is that human activity is speeding up a natural event, the polar ice caps are areas of the earth still in the ice age, and have been receding from the equator for millenia. The earth has the capability to destroy itself without human activity, the frozen bogs in siberia which contain huge amounts of methane, if they thaw the methane released would be equivalent to 200 years of human pollution. Scary stuff. Needless to say we do not take care of our planet and more has to be done.
    Higgins wrote:
    :)) :)) Wait until May has pulled article 50 and your Toblerone will look like that
    Einzahnige-Freude.jpg
    :)) :))
    More brexit mischief. Isn't Toblerone owned by kraft? that famous European company :v
    It's our way of punishing you for Brexit :D :D :D

But to be honest, Mondelez (Kraft Food sold Toblerone to them) is a US company with the european HQ in Switzerland ;)

This I know :)
    Made using cocoa grown in south America.
    I also looked briefly at freedomoutpost.com. I noticed these (quotes in italics):

1) Carried out military interventionism in Libya without Congressional approval

In June 2011, U.S. Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) said that Obama had violated the Constitution when he launched military operations in Libya without Congressional approval.

In April 2014, Ralph Nader said that Obama should be impeached for his actions in Libya.

Quoting two other politicians as "proof". I'm no expert, but I belive the US president has a lot of freedom when it comes to limited military actions like that.

5) Broke his promise to close Guantanamo Bay

Obama broke his promise to close Guantanamo Bay.

Guantanamo Bay is still open, but Obama really tried hard to close it. The US system has checks and balances. Not closing Guantanamo isn't not a lie, it's a political goal not reached.

I would probalbly find many such questionable claims in that list, but I won't take the time today. Still I think I have demonstrated that the list is faulty.
    Number24 wrote:

2 links from many.

Where do you get 98.5% from. One of the websites that agree with your opinion? there are hundreds of websites offering different opinions. It doesn't make the one you read any more correct than another saying the opposite.
    Higgins - I understand you don't take the source seriously because it doesn't fit your agenda. The facts are that without pressure groups things will always stay the same - take Hillsborough for example if it wasn't for the ceaseless campaigning then the relatives of the 96 would never have had justice.
    Well, I've tried to make clear, that I only take sources credible which are seriously and balanced written.
    No matter of my personal opinion.

But to me, Global Warming ( or however you call it) exists burning oil etc is bad for the environment and the meltung of the poles and glaciers happen because of that/us. But what we experience may be even more complex than how we describe 'Global Warming' but that does not make it wrong.

As for Hillsborough, I think Sir Miles is the better person to ask

Number24 wrote:

2 links from many.

Where do you get 98.5% from. One of the websites that agree with your opinion? there are hundreds of websites offering different opinions. It doesn't make the one you read any more correct than another saying the opposite.

If you wonder if there is a very near consesus among scientists about climate change, look at the UN climate panel and their reports (yes, one mistake was found in the fourth report. Big whoop)
    I see now that most internet sites operate with a 97% support rate among climate scientists. The point is that the jury not still out on this issue. They came back and they delivered their verdict.
    edited November 2016
    Higgins and Number24 thank you both for a reasoned and respectful debate. I have nothing to add apart from we must agree to disagree. I look forward to conversing on other threads.
    Thank you :)
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,486Chief of Staff
    Sir Miles and I thank you too.
    Very dignified debate -{
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Very dignified debate -{

Yes, what's happened to this thread ?:) ?:) ?:)
    Number24 wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Very dignified debate -{

Yes, what's happened to this thread ?:) ?:) ?:)
    Barbel has separated the wheat from the chaff.
This discussion has been closed.