Who will win the november election in the U.S.? Trump or Hillary?

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    image4ef61tbd7n.jpg
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,334MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:

All politician's are unscrupulous, CC :D

And here I disagree!

Name some who are totally virtuous, honourable and trustworthy, please Higgins.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    No matter if you like his decisions or not (and I disagree with him on many points) : Obama!

Check his vita, he could have had a brilliant career as a lawyer - instead of that he went into low-paid public service. The man went into politics because he wanted to do good for the people.

The office and the republicans certainly wore him off, but I can't see any case where he was unscrupulous or corrupt.

BTW, I have great respect for John Mc Cain and Romney - I see them in the same league - together with John Kerry and Al Gore.

In Germany we have a couple of them also and they are assuring us that though there are black sheep, the majority are still trying to do good with politics.

Lammert comes to mind, Bosbach and I'd also mention Joschka Fischer.

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,677Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    Check his vita, he could have had a brilliant career as a lawyer - instead of that he went into low-paid public service.

And then make millions as soon as he leaves office -{

They all do it - how much has Tony Blair made so far ?

I actually like Obama -{
    YNWA 97
    edited November 2016
    When he went into Public Service the odds for a black man becoming POTUS where very slim - so that was certainly not forseeable or planned with the millions :s

That hardly says something about his character - you just describe what retired presidents do.

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,701MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Higgins wrote:
    Check his vita, he could have had a brilliant career as a lawyer - instead of that he went into low-paid public service.

And then make millions as soon as he leaves office -{

They all do it - how much has Tony Blair made so far ?

I actually like Obama -{

Yes, there was a definite game plan at work with Blair and others.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Trump is a hugely unscrupulous business man, it's his nature, I'm not sure it's a quality a president should have.

Oh I don't know, I honestly believe a lot a politicians are moral and fair, only thing is as always you can't please all the people all the time, without getting into an elitist or left, right debate I think Cameron was a decent bloke, I also think theresa may is. As stated also Obama, trump is just self serving and an egomaniac, Blair was just a megalomaniac and also unscrupulous. I know what you mean though, one of the uk's greatest leaders had the right idea when he went into parliament and decided he'd had enough of the "self serving fat drunkards" and disbanded the "brothel of corruption" he gave himself the majority vote by bringing in his soldiers.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    That aside, everybody asks himself, if he's always been totally virtuous, honourable and trustworthy during his life -privately and professionally.

See how divided the political climates are - not only in the US. No matter what decision politicians are making - there are roughly 50% who disagree and load their amount of hate on them.

And then there is the Internet with the social media (btw I am not on facebook and for a reason).

Politicians are just like normal people, they do mistakes and make wrong decisions - just like everybody but me :D
    And then there are the bad ones and Sir Miles 8-)

The fact that is often not realised is that any democratic government is responsive to its national situation. It's OK saying what you'd like to do but often in reality a lot of manifesto promises and pipe dreams are simply unattainable. Politicians are representative of the population. For every morally bankrupt, corrupt politician there are thousands like them in the populous.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,836MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:

And here I disagree!

Name some who are totally virtuous, honourable and trustworthy, please Higgins.

Name one human being who is totally virtuos, honorarer and trustworthy, please CoolHandBond.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Modesty forbids ;%
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Modesty forbids ;%
    You beat me to it. :D
    I do love a good beating ! :p

Although like many, I regard all politicians as " snake oil salesmen " , they'll say
    anything to get elected, then have their snouts in the trough sucking up as much
    money/expenses as they can.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I do love a good beating ! :p

Although like many, I regard all politicians as " snake oil salesmen " , they'll say
    anything to get elected, then have their snouts in the trough sucking up as much
    money/expenses as they can.
    It's the general consensus for sure, but there are decent politicians about, power and money do corrupt on all levels, these days the UK police force seems incredibly corrupt with abuse of office rife.
    Politician's have to decide about death and taxes. They have to make political deals and compromises, because that's how democracy works. But politicians can strive to be clean. I think of Einar Gerhardsen. He grew up in and fought for the working class all his life. He was in the resistance in WW2 and was sent to consentration camp for it. After the war he became prime minister and led the reconstruction of the country. While he was PM he lived in a ordinary flat for the lower middle class. Some politicians can be idealists.
    I was caught out lately, with Nick Clegg. I thought he really was going to make a difference,
    Be a breath of fresh air etc........... Sadly he too took to telling lies, very quickly and naturally.
    So Like many I felt betrayed, he clear!y ran on the promise of NO university fees ! .... First thing
    They did in government was ...... Bring IN university fees ! :)) You can't fight against honesty
    Like that.
    I never liked the cut of cleggs jib.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,486Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:

Name one human being who is totally virtuos, honorarer and trustworthy, please CoolHandBond.

Apologies for interrupting, but one man springs to mind....

AA_OLD_MAN.jpg
    It was odd, I hadn't been as enthusiast about a politician in my life before. Thought we had
    A British " JFK" a guy who was going to change things. -{ boy was I ever wrong :# so after
    That brief fling with " the joy of politics", I'm back to being a cynical old Bar steward. None of
    Them stand for anything, with interchangeable policies.

On Sir David, ...... Didn't he want to shoot Donald J Trump. ;)
    TP. I don't know what happens to Clegg, but are you sure he lied? Did he promise to become a dictator and push through his program or did he promise to fight for his issues in a democracy.?
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,486Chief of Staff

On Sir David, ...... Didn't he want to shoot Donald J Trump. ;)

Which he would do in a virtuous, honourable and trustworthy fashion, of course.
    He said No tuition Fees ( to get the student voters ) ...... Then brought in tuition fees
    Putting up two fingers to the students :)) ..... Typical Politician. X-(
    Was his party in the majority? Do you know for a fact that he didn't fight for this issue?
    It is complicated, but the LibDems didn't have to agree to it, they chose to
    Agree with it. They chose to betray their student supporters.
    https://youtu.be/KUDjRZ30SNo
    The comedians even made a song of his apology. :))
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    It's the general consensus for sure, but there are decent politicians about, power and money do corrupt on all levels, these days the UK police force seems incredibly corrupt with abuse of office rife.

I do think some people become MP's because they genuinely want to make a difference, same with policemen ... however the longer they're in the job or start going up the career ladder they forget why they joined in the first place and get caught up in some fake reality. I've seen it a lot with policemen who have become senior officers and when you talk to them they are so far detached from real issues it's scary. I think politicians are the same and positions of 'power' and a chance of more money will, in the majority, alter their course.
    There's a great old film about a Welsh politician who began working to help the miners etc but
    Over the years. He became part of the establishment, forgetting the people he had started out
    To help. He used to rouse the crowds by pulling out a sword from its scabbard although at the
    End of the film, trying to show he could still lead the people. He tried to pull out the sword.......
    ..... But it was rusted up, a visual clue to how he had long forgotten, those people.
    Great o!d movie, I can't remember it's name ?
    It is complicated, but the LibDems didn't have to agree to it, they chose to
    Agree with it. They chose to betray their student supporters.
    https://youtu.be/KUDjRZ30SNo
    The comedians even made a song of his apology. :))

OK, I accept that. I had to ask since many belive not wining an issue in parliament and leing is synonomous.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,677Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    Politicians are just like normal people, they do mistakes and make wrong decisions - just like everybody but me :D
    And then there are the bad ones and Sir Miles 8-)

But then I don't pretend to be something I'm not and get paid a fortune for it :v :p
    YNWA 97
    White there are many things that worry me about Hillary, there are about ten times more for Trump.
    One thing is topp of my list. I don't trust him on Russia, Nato loyalty and Putin. Since 1949 the US has garantert our safety. The job of the army I was a part of was to stop the Soviets for three-hour days util the Americans came. I respected and admired America for this. If Trump wins, this will be questionable.
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,334MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    No matter if you like his decisions or not (and I disagree with him on many points) : Obama!

Check his vita, he could have had a brilliant career as a lawyer - instead of that he went into low-paid public service. The man went into politics because he wanted to do good for the people.

The office and the republicans certainly wore him off, but I can't see any case where he was unscrupulous or corrupt.

BTW, I have great respect for John Mc Cain and Romney - I see them in the same league - together with John Kerry and Al Gore.

In Germany we have a couple of them also and they are assuring us that though there are black sheep, the majority are still trying to do good with politics.

Lammert comes to mind, Bosbach and I'd also mention Joschka Fischer.

A cursory glance of the internet brings up this: OBAMA - 1053 lies, lawbreaking and corruption. KERRY - 553 lies. McCAIN and ROMNEY - Lies about war service records etc etc. GORE: An Inconvenient Truth full of lies and only supported by those scientists who want grants to "further research".

All politicians lie and/or have skeletons in cupboards. They say they enter politics to make a difference. The only difference they make is to their own pockets. They have no interest in the general population, we are let down by all sides left, right or middle ground. The best you can hope for is for the lesser of two evils. I have said this before and say it again "If voting changed anything the politician's would ban it".
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
This discussion has been closed.