**UPDATED PAGE 39: TF QoS SA Harrington Jacket Run**

Comments

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    SenorJon21 wrote:
    sruzgar wrote:
    An email with updated size chart just went out to all those confirmed on my list. I will be submitting it to TF on Dec 1st at which point the list will be closed. If anyone wants to jump on this now please let me know.

Thanks for the email Simon! Glad to see everything is moving along smoothly!

As per the measurements, are we confirming this by Dec 1st? I am still a bit unsure as to my sizing. I am usually a 50 in suits and wear a L in the Barbour Commander, Billy Reid and Matchless. Would you guys recommend a 50 in this case? Thanks again for the hard work Simon, it is great to see this dream become a reality

You are probably right with a 50... I am in between a 50 and a 52.... My Royale Harr v2 in M is a close fit and measurements match the 50... My Royale Haiti in L (the medium was too close s fit) is pretty similar to the 52 (albeit more elastane style fabric)....
    To me DC wears this quite loose (similar to the shawl cardigan)...
    Hmmmmm quandry
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    And now to muddy the waters a little bit... :#

The dimensions on the size chart do not exactly match what was measured on the prototype in Mantis's pictures on page 17.

Assuming the dimensions shown with the tape measure are correct, the prototype's chest and waist are closer to size 50 on the chart while the center back length is longer and a bit more than size 54.

Overall the dimensions of the 52 on the chart are very much like those of my size 54 Dunhill Layer Cake jacket at the chest, waist, and shoulders.
    And now to muddy the waters a little bit... :#

The dimensions on the size chart do not exactly match what was measured on the prototype in Mantis's pictures on page 17.

Assuming the dimensions shown with the tape measure are correct, the prototype's chest and waist are closer to size 50 on the chart while the center back length is longer and a bit more than size 54.

Overall the dimensions of the 52 on the chart are very much like those of my size 54 Dunhill Layer Cake jacket at the chest, waist, and shoulders.

Thanks Steve :)) Indeed muddy and muddier

Can i have the prototype please 8-)

I'll take it, too.
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Hey folks just a quick update I noticed the discrepancy in the size chart as well and will try to clear that up as it seems the proto marked as a 48 which the dimentions match between that and a 50 on the size chart ALTHOUGH the proto seemed to fit more like a 52 so whet should have happened is the sizing numbers be moved to reflect this so bear with me while I try to clear this up.
  • I actually think the length is fine.

I prefer a slightly longer length myself.
    Maybe tell them to take it up half an inch and call it good {[]
  • nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    Awesome work thus far Simon. Just saw the email today.

However I wanted to know is there going to a nailed down for sure measurement chart or is it just a "should be" or "probably" chart?

And since I have not done a cycle like this before, does TF expect payment within the next 48-72 hours of the 1st of December or is it later on this month?
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    edited November 2016
    Keep in mind that any piece purchased directly from TF can be altered by one of their in-house tailors at any time for free (that is, if it's an alterable piece - I don't think their knits can be altered). But this Harrington is alterable. Just bring it in to one of their boutiques and they'll make any adjustments you want. And by any time, I mean if you're not near one of their boutiques now but in 5 years may pass through a city that has one, you can bring it then and have it altered. Just a bit of info for those that are worried about sleeves that are too long, etc.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • junebai89junebai89 Posts: 172MI6 Agent
    I would love to know the updated size. Thanks again!
  • nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    Keep in mind that any piece purchased directly from TF can be altered by one of their in-house tailors at any time for free (that is, if it's an alterable piece - I don't think their knits can be altered). But this Harrington is alterable. Just bring it in to one of their boutiques and they'll make any adjustments you want. And by any time, I mean if you're not near one of their boutiques now but in 5 years may pass through a city that has one, you can bring it then and have it altered. Just a bit of info for those that are worried about sleeves that are too long, etc.

Kind regards,
    Craig

I am mostly interested in the size of the chest, shoulders and overall length. I don't much care if the sleeves are too long.
  • If you get a size that's too small, you can't alter that though.

All we really need is a rock solid, set in stone size graph, then we can go from there.

Why don't they just use their normal sizing methods, and put out a chart to reflect that. I'm not sure why this is so difficult.
    If Tom Ford Milan still have the sizing chart from the retail version with the leather piping on the pockets they should just use that.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Panic not, this is still very much an embryonic stage, I'm sure a decent sizing chart will be made available when it comes to the crunch.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Agree. If we can look at a chart and think "that cant be right for a 52" etc..... Surely TF can get it right.
    Hope so as otherwise there will be 60 jackets heading back...

• monstermonster Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    Hi Everyone

Just to add to the discussion on the Jacket Sizes …… It doesn’t really matter what the Sizes are called i.e. 50, 52 …… etc. the only thing that actually matters are the measurements listed on the chart and they match the best possible fit for you.
    The size is only a reference …. So we shouldn’t get too hung up on that.
    In my case I am normally a Standard Size 52(EU) or 42”(UK). In a ‘Bomber’ or ‘Harrington’ Style Jacket I would look for a Garment Chest measurement of approximately 44” to 45” …. This will give me a comfortable fit.
    It is this measurement I ALWAYS look for first ….. and the other measurements (if you are average size/shape) should fall in line.
    So my advice is almost forget (Ref. Only) the size and look at the measurements ….. and the most important one ….. is the Chest Measurement …. Get this right and everything else should fall into place.
    I concur with what monster said but still working on amended chart so please bear with me.

Essentially the prototype was made as a size 48 but it has a 22 pit to pit measurement as seen in DZ's pics so that would be 44" circumference and would fit monster which is why we were saying although the proto was labeled as a 48 it fits more like a 52
    Please keep me up to date Sruzgar.
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    edited December 2016
    nafets47 wrote:
    DBS wrote:

Kind regards,
    Craig

I am mostly interested in the size of the chest, shoulders and overall length. I don't much care if the sleeves are too long.

I did say they will perform ANY alteration you want. ;)

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • Our frustration is certainly not with Simon, a little bit with TF and their inability to nail down an accurate size chart. I'm sure Simon will straighten it out.

And hey, we can't complain too much as they are still willing to and moving forward with this rare and exceptional project! Cheers to Tom Ford -{

I'm almost positive that I'm one size smaller than the prototype so when we figure out what size that is, DO let me know. Thanks again Simon!
    edited December 2016
    Gentlemen,

I just had a discussion with TF in Milan and basically the size chart attached is the final size chart, the measurements on the chart for a size 48 match the size 48 prototype but as this jacket is from 2008 it runs a little big and is not fitted.

This can be seen in the picture of Bond talking on the phone then later in the desert it seems a little more fitted, this is infact because the production had a size 52 jacket which was then tailored down to DC's size (48).

So with that being said the best thing to do is to measure your self and order appropriately from the chart, if in doubt size up so you can have it tailored. I do not need to know everyones size, that info will be given to TF when they contact you to collect payment.

What I do need to know is if you still wish to be included on the list as so far there are an alarming number of you I have not heard back from so please let me know ASAP if you wish to still be included. If you have emailed me already in the last week I have you confirmed so no need to email me again.

Still need email confirmation from the following members here so please check your email inbox:

jared_nomak
    DBS
    Doctor
    gooner
    Matt B
    MrE
    SenorJon21
    Gold_Bond
    mb1101
    junebai89
    rebenton

If anyone has any questions please let me know and I will do my best to respond, but as you can imagine with the number of people on this list it might take me a bit.

Regards

Simon

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-06%20at%206.02.46%20AM.png

F200811051353326633190964.jpg

article-1064737-02B449D100000578-222_634x848.jpg
  • Dstefek16Dstefek16 Tucson, AZPosts: 9MI6 Agent
    Hi Simon,

I sent you an email letting you know I'd still like to be on the list.

Thank you,
    David
  • Simon, you've been e-mailed. Thanks.
  • I apologize if this is a dumb question but why is the size 52 and it's measurments on the size chart in red while the others are in black?
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    Need your help Mr Mantis...

As you are our reference on ajb, what size are you going to order?

Thank you for your help.
  • If the prototype is officially a size "48",

I noticed that the actual measurements are:
    22.5 inches armpit to armpit / 20.5 inches waist /
    and 26.5 inches in the length (back)

Now the size chart states 22 inches armpit to armpit /
    19.6 inches waist / 25.5 inches length.

Jacket obviously runs large. Maybe going down 1 size
    from your normal TF size is the way to go? Thoughts?
    Is the Prototype DZ received a 48 or 52 on the size chart? I really need to get this size thing down. Thank you.
  • junebai89 wrote:
    Is the Prototype DZ received a 48 or 52 on the size chart? I really need to get this size thing down. Thank you.

• What size are you going with Welshboy?
    MrE wrote:
    If the prototype is officially a size "48",

I noticed that the actual measurements are:
    22.5 inches armpit to armpit / 20.5 inches waist /
    and 26.5 inches in the length (back)

Now the size chart states 22 inches armpit to armpit /
    19.6 inches waist / 25.5 inches length.

Jacket obviously runs large. Maybe going down 1 size
    from your normal TF size is the way to go? Thoughts?

I had noticed that also. For me the prototype dimensions work, the listed dimensions on the chart not as well. Stay at 48 or go to 50?

A lot depends on whether TF Milan will guarantee that the dimensions on the chart are a minimum. If it's a bit larger than listed, fine. Either live with it or get it altered. However, if it turns out smaller than listed size then TF had better replace it with one that fits.