**UPDATED PAGE 39: TF QoS SA Harrington Jacket Run**

Comments

• sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    We now have a whopping 60 people on the list so I will be getting ready to send this over to TF late next week after I have had a chance to inspect the prototype so still time if more people want to jump on board.
  • nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    I may have missed but is there going to be an update on the measurements of this piece?
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    nafets47 wrote:
    I may have missed but is there going to be an update on the measurements of this piece?

Nothing yet, either with the actual dimensions of the prototype or a clarification of the sizing chart we got from TF Milan. I trust Simon will have a chance to examine all this when he has the opportunity to examine the prototype in detail.
  • As Simon and others have stated, these projects do take time.
    When Simon has an updated and accurate size chart, he will no doubt list it. I'm sure orders won't be taken before that happens.

Excitement is a great thing and so is patience.
    nafets47 wrote:
    Yup as soon as I see the proto next week I will get an updated sizing chart.
  • nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    sruzgar wrote:
    nafets47 wrote:
    Yup as soon as I see the proto next week I will get an updated sizing chart.

-{
    Mr. E should be pleased, the word "Potential" is gone from the topic subject. :)
  • Mr. E should be pleased, the word "Potential" is gone from the topic subject. :)

That's because Simon kicks some serious @$$, and he got the job done!
    Hopefully we can get the jackets by spring. Harrington weather.

No Bond film in the theater come spring, but at least one British actor rumored to perhaps play Bond will be sporting a navy Harrington on screen.

Hiddleston_Kong_Harrington_Jacket.jpg
    I had the opportunity to try on the prototype yesterday and its amazing! Fits like a 52 so working with TF to update the size chart and will send it out to everyone who has confirmed on the list! more details to follow
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Coooool B-)
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    edited November 2016
    I always wondered what you looked like if you shaved the beard. :))

Looking forward to your impressions of the prototype

Okay I just looked over the dimensions of the prototype. Looking very good if that is a 52. Don't know why the sizing chart says 48.

One question though, how was the sleeve length of 32" arrived at? Too big for shoulder seam to end of cuff and too big for center back under collar to end of cuff.
  • sruzgar wrote:
    I had the opportunity to try on the prototype yesterday and its amazing! Fits like a 52 so working with TF to update the size chart and will send it out to everyone who has confirmed on the list! more details to follow

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but the measurments provided seem to match the original size chart....meaning the jacket runs large. The prototype is a 48 but is two sizes bigger than usual...

Should we go 1-2 sizes down from our normal size or is TF going to adjust the actual sizing of the jacket to be true to size?

Sorry if my question sounds confusing, just making sure I know what to expect.
  • junebai89junebai89 Posts: 172MI6 Agent
    interesting. I'm a 58R so now im confused. Should I get 60+??

all Tom Ford 58r size fits me jackets wise. I don't want to mistake the size.
    Mr E, I think the size chart will be amended to make the prototype a size 52 with the other sizes changed accordingly. Simon can chime in if I am mistaken.

I just compared the prototype dimensions with my Royale V1 Harrington, size L. Very similar in size, with the Tom Ford being a little bigger in the chest (around .5" pit to pit) and shoulders (about 1") and an inch longer in overall sleeve length while only .5" longer in body length.

I'm sure others who have the Royale V2 or V3 can chime in on how the TF compares size wise, although I think the dimensions would be very comparable to what I remember from the size large Royale V2.

I can say that the prototype would work fine for me. {[]
  • Thanks Westward. I'm sure Simon will chime in when he has official sizing and size chart info.
    How TF determined that jacket to be labeled as a size 48 however, still remains a mystery. Perhaps the person responsible for size tags that day had one too many
    -{ -{ -{ -{ -{
    Just measured my Royale Haiti size large as a further comparison. The chest and back length match the prototype within a quarter of an inch. The shoulders on the prototype look to be about an inch bigger on the TF, but the overall arm length matches the Haiti. Didn't compare the waist since the the Haiti is elasticized in the back.
  • monstermonster Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    +1 - Please add me to the List and let me know when the Numbers of interested people have reached 50 .... Many Thanks :)
  • monstermonster Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    Just looked at the sizing on the Prototype (Photos) ..... looks perfect for my size ..... I'm normally size 52(eur) or 42"(uk).
    I know the TOM FORD original retail version of the Jack did fit Larger than labled ..... the same as the Prototype ..... so not surprised. Looking forward to hearing the good news that TF will do the production run ..... Dave.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Dave
    Number is at around 60 now (see earlier posts) so its a go barring a mass dropout or change of heart at TF (both unlikely given how hard Simon has worked).....
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    The project is a GO...Simon is travelling over the next 24 hours but TF is creating the updated sizing form and then the people on the list will be contacted. They want to make it as simple and fool-proof as possible.
    monster wrote:
    +1 - Please add me to the List and let me know when the Numbers of interested people have reached 50 .... Many Thanks :)

PM Simon with your name, email, and location. As mentioned we are at 60 people.
    Thanks!!! This is awesome.
    An email with updated size chart just went out to all those confirmed on my list. I will be submitting it to TF on Dec 1st at which point the list will be closed. If anyone wants to jump on this now please let me know.
  • SenorJon21SenorJon21 Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    sruzgar wrote:
    An email with updated size chart just went out to all those confirmed on my list. I will be submitting it to TF on Dec 1st at which point the list will be closed. If anyone wants to jump on this now please let me know.

Thanks for the email Simon! Glad to see everything is moving along smoothly!

As per the measurements, are we confirming this by Dec 1st? I am still a bit unsure as to my sizing. I am usually a 50 in suits and wear a L in the Barbour Commander, Billy Reid and Matchless. Would you guys recommend a 50 in this case? Thanks again for the hard work Simon, it is great to see this dream become a reality
    Thanks Simon I got the Email. Sorry If Im still confused. for size 58 (93,4 sleeve length is 36 inches) isnt that too long?
    Can we get a quick tutorial on how to measure the area's? Im quite unsure on how DZ measured the sleeves. Sorry Im a total Noob when it comes to this lol.
    Simon, great work. -{

I really like the harrington model number.

junebai89: Sleeve length seems fine to me. The measurement is from center back under the collar. For people with regular length arms (mine are long) you would cinch the wrist tab to get the screen accurate bunching up of the sleeves. I believe I will get a size 52 and the sleeve length is 35.8 inches or 91 cm. My BR peacoat size L had a 35 inch sleeve, so not that much longer.

SenorJon21, as I understand it TF Milan will send us a form asking for size when we remit payment. Dec 1 is when the list is closed, not when we determine our size.
    AHhh that makes sense. Thanks for the clarify.