**UPDATED PAGE 39: TF QoS SA Harrington Jacket Run**

Comments

• sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    sam917 wrote:
    Hey Simon - Couldn't find my name on the list for Quantum Harrington jacket...Did I make a mistake ?
    Count me in ! sam917

I don't have you on the list, please PM me with your full name, email and location.
  • So if he PMs you, then that's 48 right?

Only 2 away!
  • Mantis- when you receive the prototype, be sure to inspect the zipper. I'm pretty sure the movie jacket had a hidden zipper (like the y-3) and not an exposed zip.

150812_Daniel_Craig_jacket_Quantum_of_Solace.jpg
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    The jacket sent to Tom Ford had the "hidden" zipper, as you called it.

I hope Meesta Bawnd is okay with me reposting one of his photos from another thread.

IMG_0448_zps0f2b541d.jpg
  • Yeah, that's what it should look like.
    The zipper in the picture of the prototype looks
    a little more like the John varvatos in the sense
    that the zipper doesn't appear to be completely hidden.
    Probably won't know till it's in hand.
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    I think it will be safe to say that they won't give the green light to TF until they are 100% happy... with MeestaBawnd owning a Screen used one, and David Z having the white cream version made for DC but not used, along with the fanatical attention to detail that Simon and the rest of this motley crew have, it will be spot on.... I'm just jealous i don't have the $$$ at the mo :#
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    My TF retail version also hides the zip with the slight overlap "flaps"

Good spot!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I also owned a navy screen used one and have copious pictures of every detail...sorry we have been a bit quiet this week, but Simon and I have both been obliterated by work etc....that being said when we post pictures and video I believe there will be a renewed level of excitement around this project. In the meantime, look at the size of the box the harrington came in! Talk about treating it well.

tfharrington.jpg
    edited November 2016
    Good Lord, they used one of the suit boxes. Be wonderful to get that with the final version, not that I would ever expect it.

I am really looking forward to your video, David. Will we get an epic unboxing?
  • The Mantis wrote:
    I also owned a navy screen used one and have copious pictures of every detail...sorry we have been a bit quiet this week, but Simon and I have both been obliterated by work etc....that being said when we post pictures and video I believe there will be a renewed level of excitement around this project. In the meantime, look at the size of the box the harrington came in! Talk about treating it well.

tfharrington.jpg

Excessive yet impressive.
  • welshboy78 wrote:
    My TF retail version also hides the zip with the slight overlap "flaps"

Good spot!

Thanks Welshboy, I try.
    OK, here it is...The Tom Ford Quantum of Solace Harrington Project Vlog (now that's a mouthful) is now up! And to fully make you go rabid here are some pictures of the prototype....drooling is allowed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPaiqh1PI8k&t=5s

TF_Harrington_Prototype_009.jpg

TF_Harrington_Prototype_010.jpg

TF_Harrington_Prototype_017.jpg

TF_Harrington_Prototype_018.jpg

TF_Harrington_Prototype_011.jpg

TF_Harrington_Prototype_012.jpg

TF_Harrington_Prototype_013.jpg

TF_Harrington_Prototype_014.jpg

TF_Harrington_Prototype_015.jpg

TF_Harrington_Prototype_016.jpg

TF_Harrington_Prototype_019.jpg

TF_Harrington_Prototype_020.jpg

TF_Harrington_Prototype_021.jpg
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    :o wow wow wow

Great video David

Looking amazing! Great work Simon and everyone who has helped on the project to date. {[]

I've got my money ready for when we hit the magic 50!
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    edited November 2016
    Great as ever Mr Z
    Just annoyed the hell out of Mrs R playing it twice in bed (nearly midnight here)...

Just one thought, do we think this (pic attached) looks more fitted than when meeting Felix? Looks kinda loose fitting to me, which would work in the real world for me....

Ive always felt it was "looser" fitting in every scene, similar fit say to the cardigan when meeting Mathis (which I have in a 52)...
    This is a (another) big purchase for me and sizing / getting it SA is my biggest fear, especially after the size chart seemed so odd...
    I trust you guys (Simon, DZ and Blair) will truly deliver the detail tho, big thanks gents..... Just awesome

20161112_235401.jpg
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • junebai89junebai89 Posts: 172MI6 Agent
    OK..... Hurry and take my money!!!!!
    I watched the video wide-eyed like a kid in a toy store at Christmas. I'll watch it several more times when I get home.

All set with payment. I do trust all sizing issues and construction details will be worked out.
  • The prototype looks spot on! Very exciting.
    Let us know when you have a chance to measure
    the 48 David. Thanks.

PS - glad I was wrong about the zipper!
  • Seven Double O SevenSeven Double O Seven Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    I have a question about payment, which has me hesitant,
    and perhaps there are some like me.

What happens if you get 50 confirmed emails, start taking
    payments, but not everyone pays, and you don't have 50
    orders total? What happens to the payments that are already
    processed? I'm assuming those people won't get jackets
    if the order total is below 50...
    7007, Tom Ford is an international empire that will not take "your money and run"....if you are concerned you won't get your money back from a company of this size and reputation then perhaps you shouldn't embark on this journey.
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Great video David.

I have to say this is my favourite Bond jacket from the Craig era and after seeing this video and the closeup pics, I'm even more impressed with my Royale Harrington.

Happy for everyone that's in on this project. -{
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • junebai89junebai89 Posts: 172MI6 Agent
    Hey David, How durable does the jacket feel? Im planning on wearing mine daily and wanted to know if It can take a daily wear beating. Thanks!
    It feels VERY durable...the material is soft, but not flimsy. It will take the wear and tear of every day use and then some. Also, the zippers and buttons and details are robust and would stand the test of time and use.
    David, have you had the chance to measure the prototype? Does it match with what TF Milan said? How does it compare with your cream/white Harrington?
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,329MI6 Agent
    I have a brown retail TF harrington, in addition to the SU one, and I wear it all the time. It is my go-to jacket for everyday use. It still looks as fresh as a daisy after 6 years or so on, and the quality is amazing.

MB
  • Seven Double O SevenSeven Double O Seven Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    Did I say anything about being concerned that Tom ford would take my money and run? I'm not an idiot. I know they would refund everyone but that still sucks. Because you do realize that even some of those who have "confirmed" their orders will drop out. So in reality you most likely need about 60 "confirmed" orders for it to happen. You can act snobby if you like David. I have thick skin, but you certainly are not helping your list grow with an elitist attitude.
  • GSGS Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    7007, your last post was offensive you should apologise. If you knew the answer then why ask the question? I certainly did not think David's reply was snobby in any way nor is he being elitist by dedicating his time to grow the list. Your 12 posts to date have not been the most helpful.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent

You do realise this is not the first TF project that has been done via this fine forum?

The last project required a large number also etc. Its nothing new to most people here and worked fine.
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • David recently posted a video on the jacket he received in the mail, so that should grow the list once it gets an adequate amount of views.

(I'm kicking myself for requesting off the list a month or so ago)

Props to you guys for getting the job done!
    David recently posted a video on the jacket he received in the mail, so that should grow the list once it gets an adequate amount of views.

(I'm kicking myself for requesting off the list a month or so ago)

Props to you guys for getting the job done!

Write to Simon and try to get back on the list if you so choose.