**UPDATED PAGE 39: TF QoS SA Harrington Jacket Run**

Comments

• Gold_BondGold_Bond Posts: 19MI6 Agent
    PM Sent
    Does anyone know the price in USD after duty and shipping?
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Gold_Bond wrote:

The base price depends on the exchange rate at time of payment. Of course it will be a little more expensive than official exchange rates (it always is so banks and credit card companies get their extra share). At this moment it would be $1829 plus a few percent more. On top of that I am estimating around 50 Euro shipping.

Duties are a bit more difficult to know. The current exemption is $800, so around $1000-1100 is chargeable. Back when the Matchless jacket came out about the same amount was taxable and the duties came to around $100.

So basically figure $2000-$2100 in total.
    Gold_Bond wrote:

The base price depends on the exchange rate at time of payment. Of course it will be a little more expensive than official exchange rates (it always is so banks and credit card companies get their extra share). At this moment it would be $1829 plus a few percent more. On top of that I am estimating around 50 Euro shipping.

Duties are a bit more difficult to know. The current exemption is $800, so around $1000-1100 is chargeable. Back when the Matchless jacket came out about the same amount was taxable and the duties came to around $100.

So basically figure $2000-$2100 in total.
    Sweet, thanks.
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    well said welshie , Simon is a star for pulling this off and thanks to him we completed our Morocco outfits :007)
    I'm just gutted I can't get involved on this one.
    Hope all goes to plan.
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I was talking to Mickey Mouse who was originally in and ran out of patience

I have no problem with people complaining about TF prices, all luxury items are of course daft money. I thought the comment "nothing to celebrate" was a bit off / strange as
    it devalues a members efforts for a project that was Mission Impossible (others tried but failed). Tom Ford prob doesnt give a damn about us fans hence for a member to persuade them to do a run on a very old item is a pretty big achievement and a lot of us by the look of the sign up list really want one!
    007 reporting for duty
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    edited October 2016
    Still waiting on confirmation from the following members, I have just sent you all a PM so if you could kindly get back to me and let me know if you are still interested in this jacket? If you are please respond ASAP with name, email address, where you live and size you want:

JTM
    junebai89
    Danewilkerson007
    Norcha
    ERingIsBestRing
    Suit

I have now emailed the remaining people listed above so will hopefully hear back from them soon and have a better idea of where we are at numbers wise.
  • mb1101mb1101 Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    Pm sent
  • TheundeadkennedyTheundeadkennedy Posts: 292MI6 Agent
    mb1101 wrote:
    Pm sent

I've missed your contributions to the internet. I hope your amazing jacket collection is still doing well. -{
  • junebai89junebai89 Posts: 172MI6 Agent
    sorry for the late reply. Im still in.
    junebai89 wrote:
    sorry for the late reply. Im still in.
    Excellent, still need you to PM me with name, email address, where you live and size you want.
  • So if my math is right, then we are at 34 confirmed
    but we're aiming for 50.
    Spot on, we are at 34, with 3 people still to confirm, one of whom said they wanted two. Sadly 5 people from the original list dropped out.

This has just been posted on James Bond Lifestyle so hopefully we can drum up the remaining number there http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/news/tom-ford-remake-quantum-solace-harrington-jacket

Still need the following members to PM me ASAP with name, email address, where you live and size you want:

junebai89
    JTM
    Danewilkerson007
    ERingIsBestRing
  • draxhugodraxhugo Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    I have not logged on for a long time, let me read the thread, but I think I am in.
    draxhugo wrote:
    I have not logged on for a long time, let me read the thread, but I think I am in.
    Excellent, let me know
  • dbl07dbl07 west coast, United StatesPosts: 17MI6 Agent
    Count me in 100%.
  • Gordon009Gordon009 USAPosts: 37MI6 Agent
    I'd like to be added to this list if possible.
    "Why should I need more time? Jobs done. The bitch is dead."
    Gordon009 wrote:

Sure can you PM me ASAP with name, email address, where you live and size you want?
  • Gordon009Gordon009 USAPosts: 37MI6 Agent
    sruzgar wrote:
    Gordon009 wrote:

Sure can you PM me ASAP with name, email address, where you live and size you want?

Sent.
    "Why should I need more time? Jobs done. The bitch is dead."
  • 37 now?
    Just a quick update on this, sitting at 40 confirmed right now, still waiting to hear back from the following members so please PM me ASAP with name, email address, where you live and size you want:
    junebai89
    JTM
    Danewilkerson007
    ERingIsBestRing

We had 5 members drop off the list, that coupled with the above would have had us at 49 :#, that being said people are slowliny trickeling in from James Bond Lifestyle so we should hopefully hit the magic number soon and if not I will try to convince TF to go with whatever number we reach.

Thanks to a member here TF have a screen used jacket in their possession right now to make sure that the replica will be completely accurate.
  • nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the update -{
  • LqLq Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    Yes please count me in to x1
    Lq wrote:
    Yes please count me in to x1
    Welcome aboard, you have been added to the list!

This is becoming quite frustrating, Im still waiting to hear from the following people. If you dont want to be included anymore Myself and the rest of the members here who are on the list would be grateful if you could just say:

dbl07
    junebai89
    JTM
    Danewilkerson007
    ERingIsBestRing

Instructions are super easy, if you want one of these please PM me ASAP with name, email address, where you live and size you want. If you DON'T want one anymore please just shoot me a PM stating this and I can cross you off the list.
    Many thanks Simon keep me posted thanks
    L.q :D
    How many on the list now ?
    Hovering at 41, would be 45 if everyone would get back to me!
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    I would like to help so badly but this is just so out of my price range :/ Anyway - fingers crossed!!
  • SenorJon21SenorJon21 Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    Would it be possible for one of the site admins to send e-mails to those members? Could be they don't check this site often
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    SenorJon21 wrote:
    Would it be possible for one of the site admins to send e-mails to those members? Could be they don't check this site often

Sure Simon will have done that. If you go to members ind pages you can do that....
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    SenorJon21 wrote:

Sure Simon will have done that. If you go to members ind pages you can do that....

I have indeed, PM's and emails but no responses at all. :#