**UPDATED PAGE 39: TF QoS SA Harrington Jacket Run**

Comments

• Seven Double O SevenSeven Double O Seven Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    And you shouldn't be too mad at me, my thread bump got another name added to the list. I think it's at 40 now.
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    And you shouldn't be too mad at me, my thread bump got another name added to the list. I think it's at 40 now.
    Actually I did it because of my friendship with David and Simon...and because I've always wanted one!
  • Seven Double O SevenSeven Double O Seven Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    Paperbill wrote:
    Actually I did it because of my friendship with David and Simon...and because I've always wanted one!

Well, then I stand corrected. I do however feel at this point with 40 orders, it is in the company's best interest to do this project. I'm sure the mark up is pretty high for this jacket. 40 X $2,000. That's $80,000. Quite the profit. Not that they are hurting for cash. Just sayin' is all.
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    List has been updated we are at 40/41 people right now and I am still waiting to hear back from TF, I just reached out to them again today but if I am too pushy they are likely to say NO. The best things come to those who wait.
  • They better say yes after making us wait a month, or at least have a really good reason why they say no. Something more than "we just don't feel like it".

I'm sure you have done your part Simon, so props to you for being diligent with this.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    MrE wrote:
    They better say yes after making us wait a month, or at least have a really good reason why they say no. Something more than "we just don't feel like it".

I'm sure you have done your part Simon, so props to you for being diligent with this.

I think Simon has worked wonders actually.. And if anyone was going to get this through, he will.

But designer houses are a law to themselves and have strange ideals. Whilst this is a massive thing to us its small fry to them.
    Fingers crossed tho.....
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • TheundeadkennedyTheundeadkennedy Posts: 292MI6 Agent
    Osiris wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:
    Do these kind of projects normally take this long to be green-lit? I'm beginning to think Tom ford is pulling our legs, perhaps as payback for the mantis's video and mockery of how their CEOs make decisions and about overly priced polo shirts.
    Do these kind of projects normally take this long to be green-lit? I'm beginning to think Tom ford is pulling our legs, perhaps as payback for the mantis's video and mockery of how their CEOs make decisions and about overly priced polo shirts.

That's a ridiculous assertion. It's also unfair to David in my opinion.

Cheverian is ridiculous for taking seven double o seven seriously!
    This site is being ruined by people who take offence to the most petty things

This post offends me.
  • Personally, I'm glad this is taking so long. It's given me more time to pull my funds together. Thanks Tom Ford -{
  • ERingIsBestRingERingIsBestRing Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    I would also like to add my name to the list.

Been humming and hahhing about various replicas or "oh, so closes" for years now. But if I can have the actual thing, it will be worth every cent.
  • Kinda strange that they haven't said yes or no by now...did Simon get a response to his last e-mail?
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Considering how August is a heavy vacation month, not really that strange.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    MrE wrote:
    Kinda strange that they haven't said yes or no by now...did Simon get a response to his last e-mail?

These things take ages, not just a case of giving Tom a buzz and dropping him a few notes as s sweetener...
    They will get back to Simon once a decision has been made, approved and rubber stamped...
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,326MI6 Agent
    Italy, like most of Europe, shuts down in August, as the country goes on holiday. Patience, my friends, patience. Cool heads. Be frosty, like JB...
  • Thanks for the responses. That really does shed some light on the situation. I don't have much experience with these projects.
    I would also like to add my name to the list.

Been humming and hahhing about various replicas or "oh, so closes" for years now. But if I can have the actual thing, it will be worth every cent.

Name has been added to the list! Should have some more info next week, patience people!
    Just heard back from TF that this is not going to be possible unless there is a minimum of 50 orders! Right now we are at 41/42 and thats assuming no one drops out, which inevitably happens.

If anyone else wants one of these or is looking for two jackets so they can have an SA burned one as well, let me know!
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Fair play they like to push it does our friends at TF , can we send out a national advert :))
    Fingers crossed heh simon , come on guys
    007 reporting for duty
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    sruzgar wrote:
    Just heard back from TF that this is not going to be possible unless there is a minimum of 50 orders! Right now we are at 41/42 and thats assuming no one drops out, which inevitably happens.

If anyone else wants one of these or is looking for two jackets so they can have an SA burned one as well, let me know!

I'd love to order one. Just not at that price point.

Converted from €2k that's almost $3k CDN then will come the import fees, duties, shipping and taxes pushing this closer to $4k CDN.

I can't justify paying that much for a simple jacket even if it has the name Tom Ford stiched on the label.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    sruzgar wrote:

Can they give an actual price that may help get the numbers up if people have more definite details. You would think for a bulk order they would do a discount :)
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    sunny01 wrote:
    sruzgar wrote:

Can they give an actual price that may help get the numbers up if people have more definite details. You would think for a bulk order they would do a discount :)

Yeah thats actually not a bad idea. Price with VAT for EU orders and ex VAT for outside EU might persuade people,
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • -_Quantum_--_Quantum_- Posts: 101MI6 Agent
    An exact price would be very helpful.
    I have asked for an exact price since everyone has provisionally said yes based on this being in the "2000 EURO ballpark"
    50 minimum seems awfully big considering how small TF's regular runs were when they were basically boutique only with men's clothing. Didn't it used to be that you were lucky if each TF store had one item in each size?
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    Thank you Simon for the heads up and the hard work.
    I hope other members will join the list...
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    50 minimum seems awfully big considering how small TF's regular runs were when they were basically boutique only with men's clothing. Didn't it used to be that you were lucky if each TF store had one item in each size?

Yes, when I bought my navy harrington at the TF boutique in Beverly Hills, they told me there was one in each size available at each boutique, and that's it.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    DBS wrote:

Yes, when I bought my navy harrington at the TF boutique in Beverly Hills, they told me there was one in each size available at each boutique, and that's it.

They do like to say that, don't they.... :007)
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    Haha, yes they do! B-)
    Just for comparison according to the buy book for the SPECTRE collection there were supposedly 75 ski jackets total in 8 different sizes (46-60) across 7 stores just in the USA
    sruzgar wrote:
    Just for comparison according to the buy book for the SPECTRE colection there were suposedly 75 ski jackets total in 8 different sizes (46-60) across 7 stores just in the USA

So basically one per most sizes with a couple extra in the more common sizes (say 48-52). The Spectre ski jacket numbers are high for TF aren't they? What did the look book say the amount was for the fur collared bomber that apparently didn't make the Mr. White scenes?

Of course Tom Ford was much smaller in 2008/09 than it is today. Still though it looks like TF wants this Harrington GTMO, if it occurs, to be more like a regular production run with guaranteed pre-sales.
    Yes essentially, I have no idea on the fur collared jacket as it was not in the buy book I seen.

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-30%20at%204.47.23%20PM.png

Keep in mind they probably had double that world wide so 150 total maybe, 50 does not seem that unreasonable especially since this is a custom order completely outside of what they normally do. Still waiting on pricing!