**UPDATED PAGE 39: TF QoS SA Harrington Jacket Run**

Comments

• David recently posted a video on the jacket he received in the mail, so that should grow the list once it gets an adequate amount of views.

(I'm kicking myself for requesting off the list a month or so ago)

Props to you guys for getting the job done!

Write to Simon and try to get back on the list if you so choose.

If I can pull it off financially, I will. $2,000 is out of my range at the moment. I look forward to the measurments David provides, from the video the jacket looks on the small side, so I'm guessing the TF size chart for this jacket was off.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    7007, you are sounding and acting remarkably like a troll. Feel free to enjoy the many other threads on Ajb or even this one without feeling the need to incite conflict.
  • Seven Double O SevenSeven Double O Seven Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    The mantis,

You are supercilious. That much is clear.
    You can't even answer or respond to someone
    who questions you, or this project without condescent.

I also find it interesting that you are taking the time to
    respond to my "trivial, troll-like questions"

Yet you haven't taken the time to post measurements of the jacket everyone is eagerly waiting for.

You insult me and then in the same breath you try to speak as professionally as possible to somehow cover up your hypocrisy.

If asking simple questions about refunds and what to expect if orders are not all received, or how long TF will hold on to everyone's money before reimbursement is given, time frames and basic concerns, is considered "inciting conflict" then this forum is too high strung.
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    Not being part of the lucky few it must be pointed out that what Simon has pulled off is one hell of an achievement not to be sniffed at by anyone even unintentionally. Back in 2012 I approached Globe Trotter and commissioned them to make an exact replica of Patrice's Kill Case. As with the Tom Ford Harrington a prototype was produced for approval & long story short EON killed the project stone dead at the zero hour stating the design was their copyrighted property and no screen accurate copy could therefore be produced. I was not even granted permission to purchase the prototype so for a manufacturer to bring the project this far is quite frankly unheard of and all involved must therefore be applauded -{
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    The mantis,

Yet you haven't taken the time to post measurements of the jacket everyone is eagerly waiting for.

You insult me and then in the same breath you try to speak as professionally as possible to somehow cover up your hypocrisy.

If asking simple questions about refunds and what to expect if orders are not all received, or how long TF will hold on to everyone's money before reimbursement is given, time frames and basic concerns, is considered "inciting conflict" then this forum is too high strung.

Mind your tone , young man.

This is a project that has a lot of heart-blood and many people do their best to make it happen.
    I don't like your attitude and namecalling to Mantis at all!
    You have no reason to do this and if I where Simon, I'd make sure that you won't be on that list.

So, may I just ask you to stay away from this thread? And I am saying please!

As for the question that you where asking:
    If people paid upfront and the number of 50 is not reached, what do you think will happen?

a) Simon or TF will keep the funds
    b) all will receive their money back.

Knowing Simon a bit I know, that a) won't happen and it's not imaginable that TF would keep the cash and won't refund if they drop out.

But your questions bear so many ifs and whens - nobody will be really able to reply you as we are all working hard to make it happen!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    edited November 2016
    I'm not an idiot.

Mr_Bean_2.jpg

Higgins,

Forgive me for not taking someone seriously who
    takes selfies posing like he's Bruce Lee.
    Or someone named "Jaq off"
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Higgins,

61423535.jpg
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    edited August 2018
    To get back to the jacket itself, David in his video mentions that the navy Harrington was made solely for the production (of QoS). I've heard this a lot over the years and believed it myself until recently.

When the project was first broached with Tom Ford, they declined stating that they would not revisit a previous design. I found this odd since as far as I knew this exact combination of color, fabric and design was never released to the public. There was the navy release in a cotton/silk fabric with leather trim years ago and a more recent purple version, but never a screen accurate jacket.

On a lark I began researching the various Tom Ford Harrington releases over the years. I found a post on Filmjacket from early 2013 by member TimBlade. He stated that several years prior he met a Japanese guy at school who mentioned seeing the jacket in Tokyo. TimBlade then stated he found the jacket on a Japanese website but was not able to buy it. See posts here https://filmjackets.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=509&start=195

I would have been skeptical except he posted these pictures:

TF_Harrington_Japan.jpg

TF_Harrington_Japan_2.jpg

TF_Harrington_3.jpg

Compare these pictures to what David and Blair have posted. It's the jacket.

So why was it available in Tokyo and apparently not in the US or Europe?

The following is conjecture:

Originally a white jacket was considered for QoS.

whitetfharrington.jpg

This was changed to the navy version, but was done late enough in production that Tom Ford pulled jackets meant for retail to meet the film's demands. Recall that Blair's jacket was a labeled size 52 that was altered to a 48 to fit Daniel Craig. If the jackets were made for the production why alter a 52? Maybe a stuntman's jacket needed to be fitted for Daniel Craig late in the game, but it still seems odd. I think possibly any jackets that could fit DC and the stuntmen whether off the rack or with alterations were diverted to the filming. Any remaining fabric meant for other jackets still to be produced would likewise diverted to the film production.

This leaves a handful jackets in outlying sizes (recall that TF was much, much smaller in 2007/2008) to enter the pipeline for sale to the public. Apparently Tokyo got these jackets.

Ironic to think that should the Harrington Project succeed, it's "limited run" will probably be greater than the number of jackets produced nearly a decade ago.
    Higgins,

Sorry, what is a selfie and how do you do it?

Don't be offended. If you are ultra concerned about the project then maybe you should pass on it. Sometimes, it's difficult to understand what someone is saying via text. That's probably all that David meant.

Let's try to stay on topic guys. We're almost at 50.
    To get back to the jacket itself, David in his video mentions that the navy Harrington was made solely for the production (of QoS). I've heard this a lot over the years and believed it myself until recently.

When the project was first broached with Tom Ford, they declined stating that they would not revisit a previous design. I found this odd since as far as I knew this exact combination of color, fabric and design was never released to the public. There was the navy release in a cotton/silk fabric with leather trim years ago and a more recent purple version, but never a screen accurate jacket.

On a lark I began researching the various Tom Ford Harrington releases over the years. I found a post on Filmjacket from early 2013 by member TimBlade. He stated that several years prior he met a Japanese guy at school who mentioned seeing the jacket in Tokyo. TimBlade then stated he found the jacket on a Japanese website but was not able to buy it. See posts here https://filmjackets.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=509&start=195

I would have been skeptical except he posted these pictures:

TF_Harrington_Japan.jpg

TF_Harrington_Japan_2.jpg

TF_Harrington_3.jpg

Compare these pictures to what David and Blair have posted. It's the jacket.

So why was it available in Tokyo and apparently not in the US or Europe?

The following is conjecture:

Originally a white jacket was considered for QoS.

whitetfharrington.jpg

This was changed to the navy version, but was done late enough in production that Tom Ford pulled jackets meant for retail to meet the film's demands. Recall that Blair's jacket was a labeled size 52 that was altered to a 48 to fit Daniel Craig. If the jackets were made for the production why alter a 52? Maybe a stuntman's jacket needed to be fitted for Daniel Craig late in the game, but it still seems odd. I think possibly any jackets that could fit DC and the stuntmen whether off the rack or with alterations were diverted to the filming. Any remaining fabric meant for other jackets still to be produced would likewise diverted to the film production.

This leaves a handful jackets in outlying sizes (recall that TF was much, much smaller in 2007/2008) to enter the pipeline for sale to the public. Apparently Tokyo got these jackets.

Ironic to think that should the Harrington Project succeed, it's "limited run" will probably be greater than the number of jackets produced nearly a decade ago.

I wouldn't read too much into that. Everything that was supplied for production was made for the production first and foremost. They probably did intend to release this on general sale and then pulled it due to contractual obligations. They only had the licence to release the sunglasses (TF108's) and even those were different from the screen used pieces they supplied. It was only with SPECTRE that they had an agreement with EON that they could release the pieces as seen in the film to the public.
  • Westward drift,

Whether or not Japan had an official release of the authentic jacket years ago is uncertain. What IS certain is that yours will be authentic B-)
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    edited November 2016
    Wow who would think a project would bring so much entertainment via new members...
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Clothing isn't subject to copyright here in the US at least, and licencing would only apply to marketing the jacket with the QoS or James Bond 007 label like the TF108 sunglasses or that Omega LE watch released around QoS. On its own there is nothing overly distinctive with the jacket. It's just a G4 homage.

Yes it is uncertain whether Japan had an official release of the SA jacket, but we can't say for certain the jacket was made solely for the film.

Just a fun bit of conjecture. Certainly a welcome break from this week's news here in the US. :#
  • Simon how goes the count? Has anyone joined the list lately?
    Clothing isn't subject to copyright here in the US at least, and licencing would only apply to marketing the jacket with the QoS or James Bond 007 label like the TF108 sunglasses or that Omega LE watch released around QoS. On its own there is nothing overly distinctive with the jacket. It's just a G4 homage.

Yes it is uncertain whether Japan had an official release of the SA jacket, but we can't say for certain the jacket was made solely for the film.

Just a fun bit of conjecture. Certainly a welcome break from this week's news here in the US. :#

Tom Ford as a whole wouldn't want to hurt the relationship they had with EON. Not so much a legal thing as a not wanting to P off a great marketing relationship.

I'ts a cert that TF and EON had/have an exclusivity contract based upon items created solely for the production. There's a reason TF haven't branded anything as 007 since the 108's, and were strict in the edition size of the SPECTRE collection. It goes deeper than that, but in a nutshell...
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    You have no reason to do this and if I where Simon, I'd make sure that you won't be on that list.

Higgins, according to the below posted of 7th Nov @ 19:55 on this thread, Seven Double O Seven isn't on the list for this jacket, so can't understand his posting on the thread?? ?:)
    sruzgar wrote:
    ...we are currently at 47 people who have signed up and confirmed. I notice that "Seven Double O Seven" is not one of them so should not have any concerns.
  • GSGS Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    He appeared around the time someone was banned from the forum. Possibly just a coincidence.....
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I'm sure Barbel has his eye on this. It's a great project, I wish you guys well. And I hope you all wear your new jackets in the best of health -{
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    The mantis,

Jeez, please someone ban him or I will make him my primary target on my next mission.

Btw. guys outstanding work. If I just had the money I would support the project, hell - I was even thinking about taking a loan in order to buy one :D But that would be way over the top unfortunately.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,612Chief of Staff
    First off - apologies to all and said member is now gone.

I've no idea if this person was a returning banned member or not (nothing showed up via the usual channels) BUT obviously the attitude shown was below what is acceptable here at AJB.

Again, apologies and please continue...
    YNWA 97
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

I've no idea if this person was a returning banned member or not (nothing showed up via the usual channels) BUT obviously the attitude shown was below what is acceptable here at AJB.

Damn it M, I actually wanted him as my next target... :))

Good job Sir. -{
    Sir Miles wrote:

Hurrah, finally. That eejit Higgins has been banned. And yeah, he used to be Bondtoys. Eejits both.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,612Chief of Staff
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Hurrah, finally. That eejit Higgins has been banned. And yeah, he used to be Bondtoys. Eejits both.

Alas not :#

Every village needs an idiot - and he's ours :v
    YNWA 97
    Oooooh, just when we started having some fun with him, Sir Miles took us away the tool :D

As for the village idiot - that title went to Asp9mm long time ago - and well deserved :D