ROYALE Filmwear QoS Harrington 2016

Comments

• Sam SeabornSam Seaborn Los AngelesPosts: 84MI6 Agent
    I just got mine and the quality is amazing!! Thanks Dan!

I actually ordered a S and M just to be on the safe side. I was a S in version 2. The S in this version isn't terrible, just a little tighter than I would want for a jacket.

The M feels good. I would say the arms are a little long for me but other than that it feels really comfortable. Can't wait till it starts getting a little cooler out here so I can start to wear it.

I'm going to be selling my S off. PM me if you are interested!
  • HinksHinks Peterborough, UKPosts: 40MI6 Agent
    Mine arrived today with only 17 pound to pay,

The jacket is fantastic, Thanks Dan!
  • GaryD_007GaryD_007 Near the Bonnie BanksPosts: 579MI6 Agent
    Hinks wrote:

Hey Hinks,

Are you in the U.K.? I'm looking forward to receiving mine! (I'm in Scotland) {[]
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Somehow I've missed this thread, until I saw David's video. Any chance of getting a XXL, or even a XXXL?
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Okay, following up on David's review, I just posted mine:

http://www.iconicalternatives.com/2016/10/05/royale-filmwear-quantum-jacket-review/

If anyone has any questions, just let me know. Happy to help!
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Have the waist tabs been corrected on this V3 version to match the screen version? The split in the waist on the V1 and V2 jackets makes it bow out when I wear it. These are pics Blair sent me from his screen used jacket.

4qqoW8Bl.jpg

3LWwwoll.jpg

YYgkpBxl.jpg
    TheExit148 wrote:
    Have the waist tabs been corrected on this V3 version to match the screen version? The split in the waist on the V1 and V2 jackets makes it bow out when I wear it. These are pics Blair sent me from his screen used jacket.

4qqoW8Bl.jpg

3LWwwoll.jpg

YYgkpBxl.jpg

It has the split on the hem at the waist adjusters

Royale-Quantum-Waist-adjuster-2.jpg

Royale-Quantum-Waist-adjuster-1.jpg

But I didn't notice any bagging out when they were on the first button. And the fit and the hem isn't loose. On the second button the jacket has a more fitted look, but it rides up to my waist a little.
  • esk1020esk1020 Posts: 48MI6 Agent
    Received my jacket today. I went with a size L as it is a perfect fit. The jacket looks and feels incredible! Excellent job Dan! I have now purchased three items from you and they are all superb.

One little issue I am having is with the zipper being a little off at the bottom where the zipper pin doesn't want to release. Anyone having a similar issue or know of a quick fix?

Ethan
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:
    Okay, following up on David's review, I just posted mine:

http://www.iconicalternatives.com/2016/10/05/royale-filmwear-quantum-jacket-review/

If anyone has any questions, just let me know. Happy to help!

Terrific review, Canoe2.

Looking at your fit pics, I guess I would be an XL because of my shoulders and arms. Thankfully I am happy with my Large Royale V1.

In dimensions the V3 looks about a half size smaller than the V1 and a full size smaller than the V2.

I'm using all my willpower to not buy another Harrington. If Dan does a V4 that also copies the interior of the Tom Ford, I would gladly take another.
  • HinksHinks Peterborough, UKPosts: 40MI6 Agent
    GaryD_007 wrote:
    Hinks wrote:

Hey Hinks,

Are you in the U.K.? I'm looking forward to receiving mine! (I'm in Scotland) {[]

Yep i'm in the UK.
  • Sriram858Sriram858 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
    Did anyone buy a small in the last run and size up to a medium on this run?

I saw that David did that but I am not as buff as him :) I am about 5'8 -145 ... My shoulders are not the broadest

Any feedback would be appreciated prior to me ordering... Thanks guys!
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Paperbill wrote:
    Somehow I've missed this thread, until I saw David's video. Any chance of getting a XXL, or even a XXXL?

AFAIK, the jackets were not produced in XXXL and all XXL have been sold out.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
    Sriram858 wrote:
    Did anyone buy a small in the last run and size up to a medium on this run?

I saw that David did that but I am not as buff as him :) I am about 5'8 -145 ... My shoulders are not the broadest

Any feedback would be appreciated prior to me ordering... Thanks guys!

The absolute best advice I can give you, based on my experience, is to do what Daniel suggests on the site. Measure a jacket that fits you well and compare those measurements to the size cart on the product page. They really are very accurate and the jacket has a unique fit. I was a little skeptical when I did that myself and saw I should order a large, even with Daniel's confirmation. But a size large is what I needed and I'm really happy with the fit.
  • coaram94coaram94 Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    I have ordered Dan's last three jackets and this is hands down my favorite. The last two (Mr. White & Solden) models were wonderful but this one Dan absolutely nailed. It has already worked its way to the front of my closet and I know it will get plenty of use. Thanks again Dan!
  • Professor DentProfessor Dent Pennsylvania USAPosts: 84MI6 Agent
    Got mine today. Of all the various movie jackets Dan has produced (and I have almost all of them) the QOS Harrington is my favorite. I like it so much that I have purchased all three versions of it. This version three is just incredible for all the reasons everyone has mentioned. As I compare all the versions it’s amazing to see how it has evolved over the production runs. The quality and care into improving even the smallest of details in version three is mind boggling. A new bar for screen accurate replicas has been set. Congrats Dan and thank you for all of your work here.

On sizing all I can say is use the sizing chart - it’s deadly accurate. Get the shoulders and chest right and most anything else can be adjusted later.

The Bond Enthusiast | Instagram |Facebook

• PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Paperbill wrote:

AFAIK, the jackets were not produced in XXXL and all XXL have been sold out.
    Perhaps if demand is great he will do another run!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Bill, I think XXL would have fit you...
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    Does anyone have an XL they are willing to sell?

PM me if so.
  • GaryD_007GaryD_007 Near the Bonnie BanksPosts: 579MI6 Agent
    I'm selling a v2 in a Large which is equivalent to v3 XL if you're interested...
    Cheverian wrote:
    Does anyone have an XL they are willing to sell?

PM me if so.

I have a V.2 in XL that I may be willing to sell. It all depends on the fit of the V.3. If it fits well then I'll sell it.
  • ipittalugaipittaluga Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    I've received mine today and is excellent. Surprised at the level of quality and the excellent fit. After watching David's review I feared I bought a size too large (XL), but it fits me very well. I'm between a 42R (us) and a little larger size.

Thanks again Mr. Love. Excellent stuff. Thanks Dave at the Bond Experience. Now..... The sunglasses...

Ivan
  • LqLq Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    A message for Mr love
    I receive my quantum Harrington today and it is absolutely superb,
    hats off to you Daniel you've outdone yourself on this one .
    Compared to the mark2 version this is absolutely stunning in every detail from the quality of the stitching to the piping now in the pockets and the colour of the cotton .
    Laying them side-by-side together you can see just how much more detail you have put into this jacket The fit as well is much more tailored .

I'm over the moon with this jacket thank you very much Daniel can't wait for the Haiti jacket in January .

Thanks mark
    Received mine today. This jacket is brilliant.

No point repeating what everyone else has already said.

I look forward to the Quantum Haiti with the same quality and attention to detail as this one.

Well done Dan!
  • Bomber133Bomber133 Posts: 46MI6 Agent
    Just tried to order a medium, which is showing up on the site but appears to be sold out when added to the cart.
  • SilverFingerSilverFinger Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 280MI6 Agent
    Bomber133 wrote:
    Just tried to order a medium, which is showing up on the site but appears to be sold out when added to the cart.

Hi Gents,

Thanks a bunch to all who've contributed here with reviews and feedback on this 2016 harrington. The mediums have indeed now sold out, only size Small and Large remain in stock. (Only a handful of larges left) Fortunately, with this production run I was able to cover all initial interest in this jacket so I do hope most who have waited quite some time were able to grab theirs, before the additional interest kicked in. Very proud of this run, but I'm merely the front man in a band of people breathing life into these pieces. I'm really looking forward to seeing a few pics once everyone has received their jackets. (That's always the best bit for me haha)

Mr Zaritsky, thanks for a hugely entertaining review :)) I don't know how you come up with these intro ideas, but extremely well done and it cracks me up every time. A huge shout out and thanks also to John at Iconic Alternatives for his review, guys make sure you do check out Johns website, it's an amazing resource and Johns really been posting some great alternatives lately. http://www.iconicalternatives.com/

Well guys all my focus is now on the SKYFALL pea coat which should make a comeback mid December and following that the Haiti jacket will return updated also in early 2017... after that who knows???

-{

Dan.
    Image courtesy of Iconic Alternatives (Thanks John)
    Royale_Filmwear_Quantum_Jacket_Review_Featured_2.jpg
    sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
    https://royalefilmwear.storenvy.com
    https://www.facebook.com/royalefilmwear
    https://instagram.com/royale_filmwear
  • Sam SeabornSam Seaborn Los AngelesPosts: 84MI6 Agent
    Well guys all my focus is now on the SKYFALL pea coat which should make a comeback mid December and following that the Haiti jacket will return updated also in early 2017... after that who knows???

Thanks for all your hard work, Dan! I now own two of your jackets and can't wait for the pea coat!

May I recommend the Skyfall Menlo jacket next B-) ?
  • jon_1ukjon_1uk Posts: 672MI6 Agent
    Sam i can highly recommend The Wested skyfall Jacket .. i bought one last week ..

http://www.wested.com/sky-fall-style-leather-jacket-247-p.asp
    "some men are coming to kill us, we're going to kill them first"
  • explore007explore007 Posts: 195MI6 Agent
    Hi

How "distressed" is the Wested compared top the LVC original which I have tried on and was pretty "distressed"

The pics on the Wested site look like the leather doesn't have that distressed look at all but often the pics and lighting don't do things justice!

Thanks
    jon_1uk wrote:
    Sam i can highly recommend The Wested skyfall Jacket .. i bought one last week ..

http://www.wested.com/sky-fall-style-leather-jacket-247-p.asp
  • jon_1ukjon_1uk Posts: 672MI6 Agent
    TBH it isn't that distressed but you can do it yourself!!
    "some men are coming to kill us, we're going to kill them first"
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    Looking forward to ordering the Haiti jacket to finish my collection of Royale jackets and hopefully a Matchless style jacket at one point next year ;-)