ROYALE Filmwear QoS Harrington 2016

Comments

• CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    Agree with The Mantis...stay optimistic... :)
  • nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    Agreed on the above, I am a 40 chest and got the M. It is a perfect fit in the chest. Waist a bit baggy and sleeves a bit long, but that is what the tabs are for. -{
  • SilverFingerSilverFinger Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 280MI6 Agent
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments and guidance to others in terms of fit. Another thing that plays into the fit is the higher arm holes and steeper pitch of the sleeves. I was aiming for the medium to be a size 40, but the production run came in about an inch smaller than I anticipated as reflected by the mediums size 39 on the chest size guide. Fit is a very personal thing, but as others have said shoulders are even more important. The waist only has a small drop from the chest so as not to be too exclusive. The harrington always did have slightly longer sleeves and the trick is with that to get the cuff size right. I have actually moved my buttons on the cuff to the ideal position, where I can still slip my hand through, but it sits neatly at the wrist. This gives you a screen accurate look with a bit of 'stacking' through the sleeve. The sleeves on my jacket are about 2" longer than I require, but that isn't something I would tailor as the stacking through the sleeve is quite screen accurate.

I believe with an approximate 3" of room built in, the chest size guide is an accurate reflection of the true size, but there are other factors as above. The chest size guide is just that... a guide. For me, there is no other way to buy clothes online then getting out the tape measure and comparing every measurement against jackets you already own. Which is exactly how I have bought other jackets for myself. I always advocate that as the best way to choose size and if you're still in doubt, size up as it can always be tailored down.

I know these comments may be a bit late for some, but I do try to convey as much sizing info as I possibly can, so I hope that has helped most people to the right size.

-{

Dan.
    sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
    https://royalefilmwear.storenvy.com
    https://www.facebook.com/royalefilmwear
    https://instagram.com/royale_filmwear
  • MinSpyMinSpy Saratoga NY, USAPosts: 55MI6 Agent
    Dan,
    Just received my QOS jacket and want to let you know it's a winner!
    The dark navy is outstanding and screen accurate, the detailing is spot on and the fit is perfect. I am 6' 2" 200ilbs and a 42' chest and typically buy a large in clothes for more of a fitted look. I went for a large in your jacket and it fits perfect in the sleeves, chest and waist (34"). I am stoked. Thanks for your dedication to these clothes and giving all bond fans the chance to afford these styles that in my opinion are equal if not better than the originals.
    Neil.
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments and guidance to others in terms of fit. Another thing that plays into the fit is the higher arm holes and steeper pitch of the sleeves. I was aiming for the medium to be a size 40, but the production run came in about an inch smaller than I anticipated as reflected by the mediums size 39 on the chest size guide. Fit is a very personal thing, but as others have said shoulders are even more important. The waist only has a small drop from the chest so as not to be too exclusive. The harrington always did have slightly longer sleeves and the trick is with that to get the cuff size right. I have actually moved my buttons on the cuff to the ideal position, where I can still slip my hand through, but it sits neatly at the wrist. This gives you a screen accurate look with a bit of 'stacking' through the sleeve. The sleeves on my jacket are about 2" longer than I require, but that isn't something I would tailor as the stacking through the sleeve is quite screen accurate.

I believe with an approximate 3" of room built in, the chest size guide is an accurate reflection of the true size, but there are other factors as above. The chest size guide is just that... a guide. For me, there is no other way to buy clothes online then getting out the tape measure and comparing every measurement against jackets you already own. Which is exactly how I have bought other jackets for myself. I always advocate that as the best way to choose size and if you're still in doubt, size up as it can always be tailored down.

I know these comments may be a bit late for some, but I do try to convey as much sizing info as I possibly can, so I hope that has helped most people to the right size.

-{

Dan.
  • Hildebrand_RarityHildebrand_Rarity Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Does anyone have a medium that doesn't fit and is willing to sell?

I bought a small and is too snug in the shoulders.

PM me
  • NC007fanNC007fan Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    I got my Royale Harrington version 3 in today and it is amazing! I love it. Only problem with s that it is a large and unfortunately I need an XL for sure. So, if anyone has the version 3 in XL and wants to trade for a large, please pm me.

Spread the word. Thanks!
    Don't get me wrong, I love the Harrington.
    Both the color and the fabric are very close to the original...the cut is better IMHO.
    Many many thanks Dan for the hard work and for making this accessible for us.
  • Red IndianRed Indian BostonPosts: 427MI6 Agent
    Can anyone in the US comment on how long shipping took from Australia? Just wanted to get an idea as to when I should be watching the mail!
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    Red Indian wrote:
    Can anyone in the US comment on how long shipping took from Australia? Just wanted to get an idea as to when I should be watching the mail!

Around 10 days, I think
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Red Indian wrote:

Took less than 10 days for mine to arrive in Canada.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
    Red Indian wrote:

Took less than 10 days for mine to arrive in Canada.

Thank you both!
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Anyone got a Large of the v3 they don't want ?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Anyone selling a V3 XL?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Had the Small v2, and while it fit fine, it was not quite *there*. So I stayed with a Small in v3 and man, it's just bang on.

I'll be selling my v2 in Small, hit me up if interested. Still a beautiful jacket!
  • Hildebrand_RarityHildebrand_Rarity Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Commandant wrote:
    Sorry for derailing the tie discussion :)

I have received my Royale Harrigton jacket.
    It is very nice and quality is great.
    However, it is a bit snug especially at the chest level.
    Is it the stiffer fabric or the size?
    It doesn't look too small...
    Do you experience the same issue?

Commandant,

Have you altered your medium jacket or do you think you might return/exchange?
  • HarryTrumanHarryTruman Posts: 40MI6 Agent
    I have a v2. size medium for sale also a v3 size L and a v3 size M!
    Anyone else got a Large v3 for sale ? I can't afford HarryTrumans asking price of $320
    CRB wrote:
    Anyone else got a Large v3 for sale ? I can't afford HarryTrumans asking price of $320
    I told you we could negotiate a price?
    People generally don't ask for more than they paid on here, which is fair. This and your other offer is way over that, sorry.
    Ouch.
    CRB wrote:
    People generally don't ask for more than they paid on here, which is fair. This and your other offer is way over that, sorry.
    Due to the public outcry over my pricing i have update it substantially.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    I just received my version 3 Royale Quantum Harrington jacket (thanks GaryD_007!). I'd owned the version 2 but in the wrong size and ended up passing it along to my brother. My intention was to skip this jacket as I own a Barracuta that does the job nicely. I am so glad I reconsidered. Version 3 is superior to version 2 in every way. Love the color and the fabric. The fit of the XL (6', 195, with a 44 inch chest) is perfect for me. It's late in the game, I realize. But you should do what you can to score one of these.

Thank you, Daniel Love. I am eagerly awaiting the Haiti jacket.
    edited October 2016
    Commandant wrote:
    Sorry for derailing the tie discussion :)

I have received my Royale Harrigton jacket.
    It is very nice and quality is great.
    However, it is a bit snug especially at the chest level.
    Is it the stiffer fabric or the size?
    It doesn't look too small...
    Do you experience the same issue?

Commandant,

Have you altered your medium jacket or do you think you might return/exchange?

Not yet. I'm going to see my tailor next week (had to postpone my trip, as there is a Typhoon in the region). Will keep you posted.

I saw my tailor today and he told me he can take out some fabric. Cheers.
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Just got mine in last night and I'm already in love. The color and details are insanely SA. The fabric is fantastic. I was afraid the XS would be too big for me, but it fits like a glove. Tight shoulders and SA style sleeves are my best friend right now. I could get it taken in on the chest, but I need to get to working out more anyway, so there is room to grow.

This was the jacket that got me into collect James Bond clothing, and I couldn't be happier with this replica. I literally like this jacket just as much as my Other SA jackets. When I take it out of my closet, it makes me feel like I'm reaching into Bond's closet. Nothing more Bond for me than this jacket, and I couldn't ask for more. The stitching is fantastic, with only a few strays that clean right up. The quality is far above what Dan is selling it for.

I was hesitant about getting this jacket because I wasn't the biggest fan of the Solden V1, but I'm sold. What Dan is doing is amazing! This jacket has that same magical quality I felt when I first saw Bond in the TF Harrington. You will not find a better quality, more SA jacket for the price. Bring on the Hati jacket! Amazing Dan. Thank you! Keep up the phenomenal work!
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
    I just got my order today and am speechless! I have all of the Skyfall jackets - BR, Levis Menlo, Barbour, but this is now my absolute favorite! Thank you Daniel! Absolutely incredible! -{
    Red Indian wrote:
    I just got my order today and am speechless! I have all of the Skyfall jackets - BR, Levis Menlo, Barbour, but this is now my absolute favorite! Thank you Daniel! Absolutely incredible! -{

Side note: this is first in line in the rotation - even in front of the JV Spectre bridge jacket!
  • Dan DeltsDan Delts Posts: 57MI6 Agent
    large still available?
  • The_Black_007The_Black_007 Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    If anyone has a medium Version 3 for sale- I would be interested
    BOND - "I'd say it's a 30-year-old fine indifferently blended Sir...with an overdose of bon bois."
    M - "Colonel Smithers is giving the lecture 007!"
  • Sam SeabornSam Seaborn Los AngelesPosts: 84MI6 Agent
    I have a small v3 still available if anyone is interested.
  • ScotchNowPleaseScotchNowPlease Posts: 34MI6 Agent
    Dear gents,

After a V3 size Large as well. Please do PM. Cheers