Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Comments

• BruceMurdockBruceMurdock OhioPosts: 133MI6 Agent
    My choice would have to be Henry Cavill. :)
    6pONKUJl.png
    "No for me."
    "You forgot the first rule of Mass Media Elliot! Give the people what they want!!!"
    "I never miss..."
    "Time to face gravity!"
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    My choice would have to be Henry Cavill. :)
    6pONKUJl.png

Great work (as always) BruceMurdock! Henry Cavill looks very like a young Roger Moore there! :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • BruceMurdockBruceMurdock OhioPosts: 133MI6 Agent
    Great work (as always) BruceMurdock! Henry Cavill looks very like a young Roger Moore there! :) -{
    Thanks! He looks a lot like Pierce to me. :D
    "No for me."
    "You forgot the first rule of Mass Media Elliot! Give the people what they want!!!"
    "I never miss..."
    "Time to face gravity!"
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent

Given that I have been borderline rude about Craggy Dan on occasion it shocks me to say that he is too handsome and pretty boyish in my view. I'm off to see the MI film tonight so I may change my mind. Mrs Zaphod predictably, is very much in favour... B-)
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I'm just happy that we have so many possible Bonds, all decent actors, who seem to
    relish the physcial aspect of playing Bond and good in interviews {[] So whether it's
    Turner, Cavill or Hiddleston, I think we're in for some more great films. -{

( Also the other actors, not just those three ) ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Currently watching knight fall on history channel and it's star Tom Cullen IMO would make a great bond. My top 3 choices would be Cullen, Cavill or Clive Standen although would be happy with Hiddlestone, not to sure about Turner! Long as it's not Hardy!! Deep down though we all know Idris got the gig :))
  • Agent Double-O DanielAgent Double-O Daniel Posts: 159MI6 Agent
    superdaddy wrote:
    Currently watching knight fall on history channel and it's star Tom Cullen IMO would make a great bond. My top 3 choices would be Cullen, Cavill or Clive Standen although would be happy with Hiddlestone, not to sure about Turner! Long as it's not Hardy!! Deep down though we all know Idris got the gig :))

"Deep down though we all know Idris got the gig" :)).

I hope your joking. Otherwise maybe then we could have a white guy portray Shaft. :s :v
    Sorry but that last hand... Nearly killed me.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,793MI6 Agent
    Tom Cullen isn't a bad candidate. Idris Elba is a great actor, but I think he is out of the question as Bond by now. He is 45 years old and will be 49 at least when Bond26 comes out. He's too old, no doubt about it.
    Yeah, number 24, I was being sarcastic there me old mate :)) -{
    But Idris would have made a great modern Mr Big!!!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,793MI6 Agent
    superdaddy wrote:
    Yeah, number 24, I was being sarcastic there me old mate :)) -{

My sense of humor was on the "off" setting. Sorry :D
    I'm just happy that we have so many possible Bonds, all decent actors, who seem to
    relish the physcial aspect of playing Bond and good in interviews {[] So whether it's
    Turner, Cavill or Hiddleston, I think we're in for some more great films. -{

( Also the other actors, not just those three ) ;)

Agreed we have some good candidates. I'm hoping it's someone who we haven't heard of or is really just below Radar.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,313Chief of Staff
    zaphod99 wrote:
    I'm hoping it's someone who we haven't heard of or is really just below Radar.

Gosh, I hope not- Radar's pretty short.

AA_OLD_MAN_3.jpg
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent

It's all in the eye of the beholder! :D
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Going to watch And then there were none to see if I change my mind about Turner getting the role!
    As far as acting goes, I'd rate Turner as more versatile
    Than Cavill.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Than Cavill.

Yes but Cavill is taller -{
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    I would like to see Tom Hardy as the new James Bond. Also the villain would be Cillian Murphy. If there was a good story I think these actors would make a very good Bond film.
    zaphod99 wrote:
    Than Cavill.

Yes but Cavill is taller -{
    :)) but on that premise, how come back in 2005 DC got the role and not the late great Ronnie Corbett :)) :)) ( sorry could not resist)
    Enjoying and then there were none, think AT would make a good Bond in a period piece if that we're to ever happen, not so sure about big screen cinematic Bond though!
    Have you seen the Poldark episode when he has to catch a cheat at cards. So pretends to get drunk
    to catch him ? It's very like the novel Moonraker. ;) ..................... although I don't know if he can
    grow as impressive a moustache as Henry Cavill
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,313Chief of Staff
    I think Turner is somewhere between 5'11 and 6'1 - perhaps some think he's shorter cos he played a dwarf in "The Hobbit"? :D
    so he's 5' 12 ? :p Size isn't everything, as I've had to say a few times ! :D
    Yes TP saw that and Cavill played a similar scene in Tudors with the future queen of Portugal if I remember correctly and they ended up swapping bodily fluids so both very Bondian when comes to playing cards :)) would love the BBC to do 2 hour period pieces of Flemings works and shown on Sunday nights!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,562Chief of Staff
    superdaddy wrote:
    Enjoying and then there were none, think AT would make a good Bond in a period piece if that we're to ever happen, not so sure about big screen cinematic Bond though!

Turner is getting rave reviews for his current stage role...The Lieutenant of Inishmore
    YNWA 97
    Barbel wrote:
    I think Turner is somewhere between 5'11 and 6'1 - perhaps some think he's shorter cos he played a dwarf in "The Hobbit"? :D

Don't wish to(re) start 'height wars' but he says "I'm about 5ft 11." On celeb heights there is a lot of debate and a consensus around 5ft 10.so a bit taller than Daniel but not much. Not a deal breaker but would need lifts with a 5ft 8 actress in Heels. My view is that ideally Bond should not need lifts.He could be very good, and as others have said particularly in period.
    Oh go on, restart the height wars :)) :))
    Max irons in Christies A Crooked House was very Bondian to!!
    superdaddy wrote:
    Oh go on, restart the height wars :)) :))

No no, thrice no. No good can come of it. :)
  • bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent
    edited July 2018
    zaphod99 wrote:
    Barbel wrote:

Don't wish to(re) start 'height wars' but he says "I'm about 5ft 11." On celeb heights there is a lot of debate and a consensus around 5ft 10.so a bit taller than Daniel but not much. Not a deal breaker but would need lifts with a 5ft 8 actress in Heels. My view is that ideally Bond should not need lifts.He could be very good, and as others have said particularly in period.

It's all personal opinion of course but if there were an actor that had a very strong look, had charm and confidence etc but was a tad shorter - I wouldn't mind too much. I thought Craig looked a bit short in the Venice crowd scenes in CR and the train scenes in Skyfall so I guess if the next Bond is shorter than ideal Bond height you may spot it in larger crowd scenes. But in the grand scheme of things the quality of acting and overall Bond vibe is what you want from the actor. Getting too hung up on height would be like the internet existing in 1961 and someone uploading a photo of a bald on top Sean Connery and insisting: "He's totally wrong for the part. You can't have this bald actor as the James Bond!"

Height, like lack of hair, can be given a bit of enhancement. :) Smaller stature is not an impediment in the movie biz. Charlie Chaplin, Tom Cruise, Mel Gibson, Sylvester Stallone, Jackie Chan are proof of that.

Regarding Henry 'quite tall' Cavill - I think I've realized his problem. He doesn't have a powerful screen presence? I've seen him in his Superman movies, Man from UNCLE and some other stuff and he doesn't have big scene moments. If you're blessed with good looks you still need to back it up with some screen presence or something that marks you out from your rivals. Perhaps Henry is a bit bland or average in the acting dept to make him a compelling choice for Bond?