FS: Die another Day Polo Neck Adidas Gazelle SF

Comments

• BroccoliBroccoli Posts: 253MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Is it pilling a lot, when you say frayed?
    No, it's not pilling. When you pointed out about the waist I agree.
    Also got a pair of Kenton in 10 for sale.
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    How much for the kentons and are their the Sahara SA colour ?
    007 reporting for duty
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,327MI6 Agent
    Is that also a snag that I see on the waist? Man, I'd be all of this if it didn't look too big for me. And I was feeling slightly more flush...
  • Steverob1456Steverob1456 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 8MI6 Agent
    Can I ask if the Kentons are a 10UK or a 10US? Thanks!
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Broccoli wrote:
    IMG_1769.jpg

Looks like this has been washed on too high a heat and has shrunk and the weave/fibres have lost all their elasticity. That's why it's belling out at the bottom and has lost its shape. Once that's been done it's irreversible as it will retain a stretched shape and won't go back to the original form anymore.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Broccoli wrote:
    IMG_1769.jpg

Looks like this has been washed on too high a heat and has shrunk and the weave/fibres have lost all their elasticity. That's why it's belling out at the bottom and has lost its shape. Once that's been done it's irreversible as it will retain a stretched shape and won't go back to the original form anymore.
    I can tell you right now I have never washed sweaters. It must have been from the previous owner Myself.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Broccoli wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Broccoli wrote:
    IMG_1769.jpg

I can tell you right now I have never washed sweaters. It must have been from the previous owner Myself.

If it's a recent purchase then I'd contact them if I was you as it's not on selling you something in that condition.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Unfortunately, the member sold it and ran is longer active but held me up for more money at least 4 weeks ago.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    The tale of this sweater just keeps getting more interesting.
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Broccoli wrote:
    Unfortunately, the member sold it and ran is longer active but held me up for more money at least 4 weeks ago.

That sucks. Sorry that happened to you Broccoli.

This forum is great, but shame this new member joined just to flog something sub standard then cut and run.
  • MyselfMyself Posts: 64MI6 Agent
    Firstly: The sweater is in it's original shape and from beginning I was transparent ist has a baggy fit as the purpose is to wear in trousers as 3rd layer with a another sweater underneath.

Secondly: I asked for offers and had an agreement. After that I was asked to reduce the price by 1/4 which I agreed as I want to close the case. Not even this reduced amount was paid. Finally I was forced to send the money back as the sweater was never received.
    Myself wrote:
    Finally I was forced to send the money back as the sweater was never received.

Hang on, forced to send the money back to who, the person who ended up with the sweater? Because that would bring in a much larger issue here.
    Myself wrote:
    Firstly: The sweater is in it's original shape and from beginning I was transparent ist has a baggy fit as the purpose is to wear in trousers as 3rd layer with a another sweater underneath.

Secondly: I asked for offers and had an agreement. After that I was asked to reduce the price by 1/4 which I agreed as I want to close the case. Not even this reduced amount was paid. Finally I was forced to send the money back as the sweater was never received.
    So I should pay north of $1000 for a seemingly damaged sweater? No, thanks pal.
    Broccoli wrote:

Didn't you try and sell it for $1200?
    JTM wrote:
    Broccoli wrote:

I had bought it for $1600 and noticed the fraying after air got it months later from the buyer.
    Broccoli wrote:
    JTM wrote:
    Broccoli wrote:

I had bought it for $1600 and noticed the fraying after air got it months later from the buyer.

Noticed the fraying before or after you put the $1200 price up for it a week ago?
    JTM wrote:
    Broccoli wrote:
    JTM wrote:

Noticed the fraying before or after you put the $1200 price up for it a week ago?
    Before, I'm ashamed to say.
    Broccoli wrote:
    JTM wrote:
    Broccoli wrote:

Also have a size large Matchless jacket SA with tags and carry bag. Worn a handful of times. $1000
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Something is rotten in Denmark.....
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    I thought you could see the fraying in the first photos the seller put up!

The very first photo the seller added.

IMG_9963.jpg
    Ah, the story is unraveling....as is the sweater.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I have no interest in this sweater but I'm finding this whole thread ( pun intended) very disheartening and unsatisfactory I'm afraid to say.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I totally agree.

Can both parties tell us in ONE comprehensive post tell us, what exactly happened?
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    ^ that would be a good idea, from how I'm reading this it's looking like shameless money making and an attempt to use membership here to do so. Clarity is needed.
    First I offered the seller $2000 for the seller. Later, he let me know my offer won me the sweater. I asked him if we could come down on the price a little. He kindly agreed. $1600. I sent him $1000 as a deposit and would send the $600 later. The member told me the item was delivered when it was clearly not. After notifying the seller my item did not arrive. He refunded me the $600 dollars. After many phone calls to different post stations and months later I got my sweater. Trying it on I noticed it was WAY to big on me. I waited a while before making the decision to part with the sweater. I offered it for $1200 on the boards some days ago. Little interest. I knocked it down to $1000. Still no interest and concerns over price from members. I posted measurements and pictures and knocked it down to $900. Member Mantis noticing fraying on the sweater which I did not. I put it down to $400. Member reappears on the boards demanding an outstanding $600 from me. I point out the seemingly damage on the item. He calls it baggyness. And here we are.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Unfortunately, the increased popularity of 007 has definitely coincided with this forum seeing this practice creep in. On another thread I posted how our unwritten rule of selling to a member at no profit seems to be gone.
    I personally love this forum and have several "buddies" through it who help me (and vice versa) to get stuff without making profit. Just satisfaction from helping out another fan.
    My acquisition of the JV being a great example. Steve could have made serious money on it at the time when demand was high, but sold it to me with no profit as he knew I was gutted id missed the original run due to my baby boys medical issues. Since then we have sorted lots out for each other despite been on other sides of the world.
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    Broccoli wrote:
    I waited a while before making the decision to part with the sweater. I offered it for $1200 on the boards some days ago. Little interest. I knocked it down to $1000. Still no interest and concerns over price from members. I posted measurements and pictures and knocked it down to $900. Member Mantis noticing fraying on the sweater which I did not. I put it down to $400. Member reappears on the boards demanding an outstanding $600 from me. I point out the seemingly damage on the item. He calls it baggyness. And here we are.

Didn't you say earlier that you actually did notice the fraying before you posted the $1200 price? Your timeline seems off.
    Broccoli wrote:
    JTM wrote:
    JTM wrote:
    Broccoli wrote:
    I waited a while before making the decision to part with the sweater. I offered it for $1200 on the boards some days ago. Little interest. I knocked it down to $1000. Still no interest and concerns over price from members. I posted measurements and pictures and knocked it down to $900. Member Mantis noticing fraying on the sweater which I did not. I put it down to $400. Member reappears on the boards demanding an outstanding $600 from me. I point out the seemingly damage on the item. He calls it baggyness. And here we are.

Didn't you say earlier that you actually did notice the fraying before you posted the $1200 price? Your timeline seems off.
    Broccoli wrote:
    JTM wrote:

I noticed that too JTM :#
    So, did you pay anything for the sweater or did he refund all your money back to you? If he did refund the money shouldn't you return the sweater to him? Also, was this months ago?
    Broccoli wrote:
    First I offered the seller $2000 for the seller. Later, he let me know my offer won me the sweater. I asked him if we could come down on the price a little. He kindly agreed. $1600. I sent him $1000 as a deposit and would send the $600 later. The member told me the item was delivered when it was clearly not. After notifying the seller my item did not arrive. He refunded me the $600 dollars. After many phone calls to different post stations and months later I got my sweater. Trying it on I noticed it was WAY to big on me. I waited a while before making the decision to part with the sweater. I offered it for $1200 on the boards some days ago. Little interest. I knocked it down to $1000. Still no interest and concerns over price from members. I posted measurements and pictures and knocked it down to $900. Member Mantis noticing fraying on the sweater which I did not. I put it down to $400. Member reappears on the boards demanding an outstanding $600 from me. I point out the seemingly damage on the item. He calls it baggyness. And here we are.