The UK General Election [8 June 2017]

167891012»

Comments

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Calling for an election at the time she did it was a good strategy. It was following up with an arrogant and I incompetent campaign wasn't. Parroting "strong and stable leadership" every time she saw a journalist, not showing up for debates and launching unpopular suggestions - I would like to know the name of the PR consultant who suggested that!

I didn't think it was a daft idea to call an election. She was sitting pretty in the polls and Corbyn was a laughing stock. There was lots of moaning that 'she hadn't been elected as PM'.

She also needed to put both the second Scottish and European referendums to bed. If she got a good majority she would have had the mandate to go forward.

What she didn't need to do was balls it all up completely and take the voters for granted. She was robotic and distant. She didn't engage at all. I actually stopped listening to her after a week or so because she just repeated everything ad nauseam.

And the dementia tax thing? What was she thinking even trying to bring that in at the moment when Jeremy Corbyn was acting like the Candy Man ? Fox Hunting? No need for that to even come up. Such a contentious issue.The Majority of people are opposed to it and it effects so few of us it didn't need to be addressed again.

She appears to have relied far to much on her Chiefs of Staff who by all accounts thought they were in charge and rode roughshod over everyone even the Cabinet. If she can't stand up to them she stands no chance re Brexit.

All politicians make me sick.Next time I'm voting for Lord Buckethead. :v
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    Chriscoop wrote:
    When was Boris sneaky? Ive missed that, from what I've seen he ran for the leadership backed by gove when Cameron deserted the post. If Gove hadn't have stabbed him in the back we would have him as prime minister, the tories would have a majority, this election would never have happened and we would be in a more stable position.

:)) absolute class - funniest post of the day :))

What? You were serious? :o :o :o
    YNWA 97
    Lady Rose wrote:

True enough - and he already has my vote -{ :D
    YNWA 97
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    When was Boris sneaky? Ive missed that, from what I've seen he ran for the leadership backed by gove when Cameron deserted the post. If Gove hadn't have stabbed him in the back we would have him as prime minister, the tories would have a majority, this election would never have happened and we would be in a more stable position.

Absolutely, but it's mere conjecture.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

Absolutely, but it's mere conjecture.

BoJo as PM is hilarious...about as scary as Trump as President :o

The man is a complete arse -{
    YNWA 97
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Lady Rose wrote:

True enough - and he already has my vote -{ :D

Lord Buckethead seems like a wonderful candidate, I'm sad to say we have no politicians of his calibre in my country. Unlike other candidates he promised strong and sometimes stable leadership. As an AJB007 member I applaud his suggestion to nationalize Adele :007)
    The obvious advantage of nationalizing Adele is that she can serve as the James Bond title song strategic reserve, in case the subtitles songs aren't good enough.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

BoJo as PM is hilarious...about as scary as Trump as President :o

The man is a complete arse -{

Never thought that the day would come

{[] {[]
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    I would much prefer Boris Johnson over Trump. I would also prefer Lord Buckethead over Trump. :D
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:

Lord Buckethead seems like a wonderful candidate, I'm sad to say we have no politicians of his calibre in my country. Unlike other candidates he promised strong and sometimes stable leadership. As an AJB007 member I applaud his suggestion to nationalize Adele :007)

Lord Buckethead stole the show to the point that no one talks about the fact Elmo also stood in Maidenhead too !!

There was a 'Mr Fishfinger' candidate somewhere as well ...

Lord Buckethead's manifesto in full

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2017/06/09/all-hail-lord-buckethead-our-new-king/http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2017/06/09/all-hail-lord-buckethead-our-new-king/
    If Corbyn becomes PM the position of James Bond title song singer should become a form of national service, where the artist can be ordered to serve for free. The artist must serve both in the UK and abroad and can be called up again for anniversary celebrations and talk shows. Just like national service in the military some artists must be declared unfit for service.
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    If Corbyn becomes PM the position of James Bond title song singer should become a form of national service, where the artist can be ordered to serve for free. The artist must serve both in the UK and abroad and can be called up again for anniversary celebrations and talk shows. Just like national service in the military some artists must be declared unfit for service.

The Writings On The Wall! :D
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    And if she is a robot, shouldn't they gave programed her to say more things than just "strong and stable leadership"?

1o4ehp.jpg
    Might be a program error, a mix up with....
    Storage and Cable, as she's not WiFi enabled ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I haven't asked you this before, TP. who was your favoured candidate this election?
    Corbyn, DUP .... or as I suspect, The Monster Raving Looney Party or Lord Buckethead?
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Might be a program error, a mix up with....
    Storage and Cable, as she's not WiFi enabled ;)

Damn Bluetooth ...
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,277MI6 Agent
    May's campaign was a rerun of Hilary Clinton's. If you're going to present as a safe pair of hands, with nothing inspirational alongside, you risk having your campaign derailed by outside forces, either chickens coming home to roost (Clinton's email server, the Conservative candidates' dubious funding for the last election) or outside hostile forces (Russian hacking of Democrat emails, Islamist terrorism on the streets, highlighting May's poor record with the police).

Then you have expert use of social media doing the other fella's work.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    This never happened to the other fella*.

*Dave Cameron.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    May's campaign was a rerun of Hilary Clinton's. If you're going to present as a safe pair of hands, with nothing inspirational alongside, you risk having your campaign derailed by outside forces, either chickens coming home to roost (Clinton's email server, the Conservative candidates' dubious funding for the last election) or outside hostile forces (Russian hacking of Democrat emails, Islamist terrorism on the streets, highlighting May's poor record with the police).

Then you have expert use of social media doing the other fella's work.

I agree that neither Hillary nor May are very inpirational. But in terms of messages they made completely opposite mistakes. While Hillary chose a too large number of issues to run on, May only used two: Brexit and "strong and stable leadership".
    This never happened to the other fella*.

*Dave Cameron.

Well he was too busy putting his cock in a dead pigs mouth 8-)
    YNWA 97
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    I read somewhere that when the news broke on Thursday evening what a mess things were from the Conservative perspective, the stress got to the Prime Minister and she ended up crying. More so, she was upset that everything that has transpired makes her look like a full scale idiot.
    I almost felt sorry for her.

If only she could have been more human like that during the campaign. As a politician she is as vile as the rest. Perhaps more so re the DUP. But I did feel sorry for her as a person. I didn't think that was possible.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    :)) PM May just made another mistake at the opening of parliament. ..... It's just not her week.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Reports are out that there are secret mettings with Tory Ministers and Labour MPs about a soft Brexit.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Reports are out that there are secret mettings with Tory Ministers and Labour MPs about a soft Brexit.
    I don't know for sure, but I think May wanted a soft brexit all along, I think calling the election she tried to strengthen her majority so she didn't have to pander to the hardliners in the tories.
    I also think a cross party brexit strategy is not a bad thing. With an issue such as this parry politics should be put aside for the good of the country........ But that will never happen it's too sensible an idea.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood