The UK General Election [8 June 2017]

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I'm just happy to have left, now it will seem more exotic on holidays :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    In my mind Corbyn is a British version of Bernie Sanders, only with better hair and less charisma. :D
    Is Bernie Sanders, the Colonel of KFC fame ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    :)) the "they only wanted us in the EU for our money" reminds me a bit about the mid-age :)) talk when the husband is gone and she complains that he was only together with her because of the sex .... :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    One thing that has become blatantly apparent is the contempt and dislike many on mainland Europe feel towards the UK, it also adds weight that the Eu only wanted our membership to continue for our financial contribution and not out of solidarity :#

Sorry, my friend but that can't be farer from the truth.
    All EU members span circles and bent their backs to keep the UK on board and the unique UK discount should give an indicator that money was not an issue.

UK as an EU member signed contracts and commitments and they'll certainly stick to their promises even when they are out of the EU?

And just for the record: He called the Brexit decision stupid and not the people and I've made it clear before - and you knew and saw it. Nice try however.

You shouldn't moan about missing solidarity when the UK chose to leave the solidarity because of their own interest where more important then the community.

The biggest misnomer being that the UK left Europe! No the UK left a trade agreement that was radically rewritten 12 years ago that turned a trade agreement into a governing agreement and devolved power to Brussels.
    Do stupid people make clever decisions? Clever people often make wring decisions but not stupid ones therefore by the intonation and vocabulary used stupidity is implied!! :p

20170608_194351.jpg

20170608_194410.jpg

20170608_194435.jpg

20170608_194505.jpg

Oh those few out of the dozens are very friendly!!
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    edited June 2017
    The EU was never a trade agreement only - no matter how often that is repeated by the UK side.

Many people may disagree - err I'll try again.

I'd call my wife pretty clever but that does not keep her away from making stupid decisions now and then and the stupidest mistake she's done 17 years ago by saying yes :D

Higgins wrote:
    :)) the "they only wanted us in the EU for our money" reminds me a bit about the mid-age :)) talk when the husband is gone and she complains that he was only together with her because of the sex .... :D

On that point many many European leaders and politicians have been bemoaning economic and financial woes about brexit more than any other downside of us leaving at all.
    Personally I fear for Europe, without us in it. :p
    Higgins wrote:
    The EU was never a trade agreement only - no matter how often that is repeated by the UK side.
    Common Market? Your friend Juncker even called it that!
    Chriscoop wrote:

On that point many many European leaders and politicians have been bemoaning economic and financial woes about brexit more than any other downside of us leaving at all.

Not sure where you are having these things from.
    I think, that all parties made clear how sad it is that the UK are leaving the EU. Before and after the decision.

And it's correct to tell our UK friends as well, what is expected from them now that they are leaving the club and commitments remain - financially.

All this was clear before the decision but noone wanted to hear it ;)

edited June 2017
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Common Market? Your friend Juncker even called it that!

He's not my friend and it will be important in which context he said it.

The EU has been started to keep the european neighbours off from killing each others (and that's been the case for centuries) and it was always more that a common market.

Latest with the EU parliament (since 1979!!!) this should have been obvious to everyone - even in the UK.
    The fact that you guys did not want to notice that does not mean, that it didn't happen ;)

Higgins wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

Not sure where you are having these things from.
    I think, that all parties made clear how sad it is that the UK are leaving the EU. Before and after the decision.

And it's correct to tell our UK friends as well, what is expected from them now that they are leaving the club and commitments remain - financially.

All this was clear before the decision but noone wanted to hear it ;)

Everyone who showed due diligence to the nuances of brexit heard it and knew it
    edited June 2017
    You really expect that we are overly happy and friendly after such an egoist and self-centred decision which puts entire Europe into trouble?

Brexit was a middle-finger in the face of the EU countries!
    And you expect applause and bravos for that?

I accept the decision, but don't expect me to shed tears when the UK must pay a heavy price for their well-informed decision ;)

For example the UK where always good allies for us when the southern EU countries (such as France, Italy and Spain) demanded less fiscal discipline - just to give you an example why the UK where important for the EU.

" If you have tears, prepare to shed them now. You all do know this mantle " ;)
    Higgins wrote:
    You really expect that we are overly happy and friendly after such an egoist and self-centred decision which puts entire Europe into trouble?

Brexit was a middle-finger in the face of the EU countries!
    And you expect applause and bravos for that?

I accept the decision, but don't expect me to shed tears when the UK must pay a heavy price for their well-informed decision ;)

For example the UK where always good allies for us when the southern EU countries (such as France, Italy and Spain) demanded less fiscal discipline - just to give you an example why the UK where important for the EU.

Nope, I don't think anyone expected applause and bravos at all. And I understand the frustrations you relay so well, but it's difficult for any outside of the UK to understand how that referendum ended up as it did.

Now back to some more interesting Polling stations

I didn't know the SABS was one

20170608_213554.jpg

And does tb2 know Angela Merkel is pulling pints?

Obviously we are taking security very seriously
    20170608_213615.jpg
    Waiting for the first exit poll at 10pm ( usually very accurate ) is like waiting for Christmas ! :D
    Waiting for the first exit poll at 10pm ( usually very accurate ) is like waiting for Christmas ! :D
    I know. You could pass the time by rehearsing!! https://youtu.be/lbejNNCTr7k
    :)) it is a classic -{
    First time I heard it was on Ken Bruces show. I had to stop the car and wipe tears away
    That's an upsetting exit poll, on all fronts!!
    Exit polls: :)) :)) :))

Are you not a fan of exit polls?
    It seems May made a huge mistake calling for this election and UKIP is pretty much destroyed.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    Exit polls suggest yet another hung parliament. Not good news for the UK in my book. Not surprising given May's poor handling of things.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Are you not a fan of exit polls?

Nope, I was laughing about the outcome.
    It seems that May will be history very soon. What a desaster for her.

Do you think May will only last to June ? :D
    Corbyn has done a good election and is strengthened in his own party. May has done a horrible mistake. Do you think she's step down? This is the second time latest the British PM has chose an election that wasn't neccesery and few wanted, then more or less lost the vote. Britain will now be weaker in the Brexit negotiations, the opposite of what May wanted.
    UKIP and the far right looks broken. If this exit poll stands this is a political earthqake, don't you think?
    Just wanted to point out that I predicted earlier that there would be a few suprises
    and if this poll is correct. Then I'm right again ! ..... Which I think once again proves just
    what a huge political intellectual I am ! :D

Also with a hung parliament, it means our N.Ireland politicians can screw the best possible
    deal and extra money out of parliament. Or rather I mean work together for the common good. :p
    It's just been pointed out that the exit poll at the last general election predicted a hung parliament.
    A well hung parliament, would be interesting ! :D