No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Expect to get hit with customs charges comprising VAT @ 20%, import fees and the £12 handling charge from Parcelforce. I paid about £86 approx charges all in, so if I had the choice/chance again would definitely buy it in the UK.

Re sizes I’d check out David Zaritsky’s video, to me a small sounds about right for you but Craig sized up for a Large that was tailored.
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    JB1106340 wrote:
    I had a question about the RGT Wax Jacket. I have sourced it from STAG for £220, but I'm worried about being hit with customs prices upon arrival. Have any UK members ordered from them and had a similar issue?
    I'm also worried about the sizing as I'm pretty thin (30" waist, 36/38" chest) so was going to go with the medium but with a thought in the back of my head that maybe small will be better? Any help would be appreciated! Also loved the new trailer, that henley really gets around!

Hey - I’m in the UK and ordered from STAG. They’re great - but you are kidding yourself if you think you will avoid customs charges. Those days appear to be long gone when ordering from a reputable store...unless they are prepared to ‘amend’ the value of the package.

Reality is, given all of our experiences who ordered from STAG, that customs will grab it and add about £90 charges on top. That is too much and, if you go through the claims procedure, you’ll get £20 or so back - which takes it back to original price. So you won’t save money ordering from STAG, but you will increase hassle - particularly if it doesn’t fit and you have to return to the US.

Alternatively, I think there is a store in Covent Garden that stocks RGT. If you are concerned about sizing, you may be better to order there. At least you are keeping everything in the UK then.

Re: sizing. I’m 40” chest; long arms; 32” waist and I’m really happy with the fit of my MEDIUM RGT - though it is tighter than what the jacket looks like on Craig. But I’d only consider wearing this jacket with a t-shirt underneath.

If you want the ‘bigger’ look as per Craig, I’d suggest Medium. If you prefer your own style and like things more fitted, I’d consider a SMALL.

Hope that helps?

It really is a great jacket for the price and the more you wear it the better it looks.
    Yes. Considerably.
    MrZareba wrote:
    P.S. Tom AFFord

Yes, considerably...

:v :v B-) :v :v
    Yes. Considerably.
  • JB1106340JB1106340 Posts: 434MI6 Agent
    Ferinstal wrote:
    JB1106340 wrote:
    I had a question about the RGT Wax Jacket. I have sourced it from STAG for £220, but I'm worried about being hit with customs prices upon arrival. Have any UK members ordered from them and had a similar issue?
    I'm also worried about the sizing as I'm pretty thin (30" waist, 36/38" chest) so was going to go with the medium but with a thought in the back of my head that maybe small will be better? Any help would be appreciated! Also loved the new trailer, that henley really gets around!

Hey - I’m in the UK and ordered from STAG. They’re great - but you are kidding yourself if you think you will avoid customs charges. Those days appear to be long gone when ordering from a reputable store...unless they are prepared to ‘amend’ the value of the package.

Reality is, given all of our experiences who ordered from STAG, that customs will grab it and add about £90 charges on top. That is too much and, if you go through the claims procedure, you’ll get £20 or so back - which takes it back to original price. So you won’t save money ordering from STAG, but you will increase hassle - particularly if it doesn’t fit and you have to return to the US.

Alternatively, I think there is a store in Covent Garden that stocks RGT. If you are concerned about sizing, you may be better to order there. At least you are keeping everything in the UK then.

Re: sizing. I’m 40” chest; long arms; 32” waist and I’m really happy with the fit of my MEDIUM RGT - though it is tighter than what the jacket looks like on Craig. But I’d only consider wearing this jacket with a t-shirt underneath.

If you want the ‘bigger’ look as per Craig, I’d suggest Medium. If you prefer your own style and like things more fitted, I’d consider a SMALL.

Hope that helps?

It really is a great jacket for the price and the more you wear it the better it looks.

Brilliant thank you this was very helpful. I do prefer a more fitted look, and the jacket apparently stretches out slightly with wear so I might try to source a small. I'm waiting on Cultizm getting back to me to see what their policy is with postage because they look reasonably priced. It's a great item for genuine everyday wear.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Just order from Rivet n Hide
    Great service and no hassles with postage etc.
    Ima 42 chest / 34 waist and Large is perfect for a SA shoulders look on me
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    do you rate them blair , worth the money ?
    Yup- just dug out my Christmas present

IMG-3763.jpg

Chris
    No doubt that they are well made etc
    But they are pretty specific in who they suit. I had mine for about 12 seconds before they were off and returned.
    Usually I find a way to convince myself but not these. Even Mrs R was shocked at my response!
    They will definitely polarise opinion

JB1106340 wrote:
    Brilliant thank you this was very helpful. I do prefer a more fitted look, and the jacket apparently stretches out slightly with wear so I might try to source a small. I'm waiting on Cultizm getting back to me to see what their policy is with postage because they look reasonably priced. It's a great item for genuine everyday wear.

Rivet and Hide are the folks in London - believe they are in Manchester as well.

https://www.rivetandhide.com/shop/categories/jackets/rgt-waxed-canvas-supply-jacket-tan-ridgeline.html?___store=default
    Yes. Considerably.
  • SevenSeven Posts: 346MI6 Agent

IMG-3763.jpg

Are these the ones DC´s wearing?
    Then LL is wearing the BP Courtier?
    Confusing...
    ;-)
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    Seven wrote:

IMG-3763.jpg

Are these the ones DC´s wearing?
    Then LL is wearing the BP Courtier?
    Confusing...
    ;-)

From what i understand Billy Magnussen wears the Courtier.
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

IMG-3763.jpg

Chris
    But they are pretty specific in who they suit. I had mine for about 12 seconds before they were off and returned.
    Usually I find a way to convince myself but not these. Even Mrs R was shocked at my response!

I did the exact same thing! I wanted so much to keep them, but they just don't suit my face.
    Cheverian wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Chris

I did the exact same thing! I wanted so much to keep them, but they just don't suit my face.

Was a blunt reminder we arent all DC!

• Fastball SpecialFastball Special Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    edited February 2020
    I got the Alexander Olch 007 3.5" tie delivered. Pretty speedy turn around as they are made to order. It also looks amazing. I also used a 10% off coupon which made it even easier to get.

Next step MA Sloop Suit. B-)
    Perpetually on the hunt for and WTB:
    Matchless Captain Civil War Jacket size Small
    Matchless Craig Blouson original ES of 700 size Small
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    I'm a bit lost with the sizing chart of the Massimo Alba coat.
    The coat looks very baggy.
    The chart indicates I should size down two sizes :#
    Anyone can help me with the sizing?
    Alessandro advises to size down one size, but the chart indicates I should go down two sizes.

Cheers
  • Monsieur Le ChiffreMonsieur Le Chiffre LondonPosts: 148MI6 Agent
    Interesting to hear from Jean-Claude Monachon, VP at Omega, that the No Time To Die Diver 300m (210.90.42.20.01.001) will NOT be limited edition.

image-parallaxe-21090422001001-large.jpg

Could mean that these will become available for less than RRP from the right dealers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_OvhfOW3Vc
    "Mr. Beech... or is that Bond? I am a little confused." | IG: @commanderbond_007
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    The fact that it’s not a limited edition has been known since the watch was originally announced. Seems Omega might be trying to really limit how much stock is released initially though.
  • Monsieur Le ChiffreMonsieur Le Chiffre LondonPosts: 148MI6 Agent
    edited February 2020
    JTM wrote:
    The fact that it’s not a limited edition has been known since the watch was originally announced. Seems Omega might be trying to really limit how much stock is released initially though.

The guy in the video, who I would guess is more knowledgeable than us, seemed surprised so I certainly feel no shame in being surprised at this 'revelation'.
    "Mr. Beech... or is that Bond? I am a little confused." | IG: @commanderbond_007
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited February 2020
    not a big suprise but Vuarnet confirmed the Edge 1613 with Matt Black frames and grey polarized glasses as already suspected
    number: VL 1613 0002 1622
    https://vuarnet.com/blogs/news/james-bond

MA has contacted me that the duster is ready for shipping
    825 € total (Raincoat+ Shipping (EU))
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    not a big suprise but Vuarnet confirmed the Edge 1613 with Matt Black frames and grey polarized glasses as already suspected
    number: VL 1613 0002 1622
    https://vuarnet.com/blogs/news/james-bond

MA has contacted me that the duster is ready for shipping
    825 € total (Raincoat+ Shipping (EU))

In order to sense a continuity: When did you order the MA coat?
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Tom Ford NTTD Suit Review Part 2

Tailors, Costume Designers, and Tom Ford all had input on our first video and so we are BACK with a transformed version of the No Time To Die Tom Ford Suit! In this video we take you through the conversations, changes, and results of a second fitting and the stories that resulted....
    Special thanks to Arthur, Crystal, and Jordan from Tom Ford!

https://youtu.be/h65am_B11zw

Tom-ford-part-2.jpg
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,157MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:
    Rag and Bone Henley in another scene!
    rag.jpg

Craig didn't size down, guys. The SA look isn't skin tight.

Is that a god damn Huawei Mate 30 Pro? :O

EDIT: Nope, not the Mate 30 Pro because the bottom doesn't match but I thought the device has a multiple camera setup in a circle.
    When we first saw M's office, he had a similar phone on his desk, and I speculated that it was a Nokia. I seem to remember reading somewhere recently that the phones would indeed be Nokias this time around.

On M's phone you can see the round circle and a logo in the middle. It has to be a new, unreleased Nokia.
    Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited February 2020

Nov./Dec. right away after MA has announced via Insta that their Duster appears in the upcoming bond-movie and after the trailer I have sent them a confirmation mail

LL shooting a Nokia-Advert:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7930967/Bond-Girl-Lashana-Lynch-prepares-jump-building-films-007-inspired-Nokia-advert.html

DC uses a Nokia in the Heineken-Commercial (0:35):
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/B7d-kMKDK6j/
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:

Nov./Dec. right away after MA has announced via Insta that their Duster appears in the upcoming bond-movie and after the trailer I have sent them a confirmation mail

Please post pictures of the jacket when you get it! would like to see how it looks. Thanks!
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    I believe it's the new Nokia 9.1 Pureview - to be released this month (Feb).
    Tennyson wrote:
    MrZareba wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

Craig didn't size down, guys. The SA look isn't skin tight.

Is that a god damn Huawei Mate 30 Pro? :O

EDIT: Nope, not the Mate 30 Pro because the bottom doesn't match but I thought the device has a multiple camera setup in a circle.

I thought it was a Motorola - from memory, I think M also has one on his desk in the publicity photos with Prince Charles
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:

Great point. Submariners and Daytona’s are not “limited editions” either, but good luck walking into an AD and trying to buy one today.
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    cheers blair good review :))
    I could see how there work for skiing and driving so might take the plunge.
    My joes should be coming too :007)
    Hi Chris. They are extremely well made- light but of the high quality expected from Vuarnet at this price point. They are quite "edgy", in that they might not be to everyone's taste- quite niche- but I tried them on and the Missus liked them, and she has a good eye as to what suits me, and is brutally honest if I couldn't get away with them! I have a pair of Joes on their way, which may be more versatile, but I was thinking of going skiing, and could also use these ones for driving, so I thought that I'd go for it.
    007 reporting for duty
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    cheers for all the feedback guys , most appreciated
    My joes are coming soon so might hang a bit , much easier when you can try them in the store :D
    Cheverian wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Chris

007 reporting for duty
  • lippelippe Posts: 134MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    DC uses a Nokia in the Heineken-Commercial

With the Nokia logo unceremoniously ripped out alas.
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    Not sure if this the right thread but Perth Mint selling limited edition James Bond AUS dollars.
    Prices are $65, $130, $2980.
    Given that my spend on NTTD racking up I just sent for the $65 one cheers
    Anthony
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    So a few weeks back after i got my Barton Perreira Joe's from the NYC boutique i decided to see if there were any local dealers in my area. Fortunately for me there was one dealer about 35 minutes away so i decided to call them yesterday afternoon to see if they had any of the screen accurate Joe's in stock? I spoke to a gentleman at the store named Kyle and he confirmed that they did have the Joe in stock, that they only stock one pair at a time (I did ask if he had more than one pair available and if not could he get more) that the list price was $465 plus i would receive a 30% discount off that price ($325.50 plus tax) Luckily he was able to put them on hold and also reached out to his contact about the Joe's and he advised me that Barton Perreira is going to re-release the Joe again in July!

When i went to pick my glasses up this morning he confirmed again that they are being released again July and that they would ship domestically but not internationally (He advised you contact your local Barton Perreira stockist) So if anyone is on the fence about getting the Joe's and you don't want the 007 edition then wait a few months and what Barton Perreira releases. Needless to say i am a "little" frustrated by this turn of events as I don't get why the company would now decide to release the Joe's again after people have ordered/received their SE? Has anyone else heard this information?

The store i bought the Joe's from is....

Eye Openers Optical Fashions, 2929 Monroe Ave, Rochester, NY 14618
    I know where you keep your gun!
    edited February 2020
    if that is true PB should have contact the customers who preordered the Standard-Joe and tell them from the july-rerelease instead of shipping the LE ones.
    I thought they would sell the Joe's only at this time and its get a rare item :/ very disappointing and I don't know if I will conatct my stockist again, I'm tired of it