No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    BlueBlud wrote:
    Commandant wrote:
    BlueBlud wrote:
    Can anybody comment on the sizing of the Massimo Alba duster coat?

I am torn between a 52 and 54.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

MA told me to go one size down, but according to the size chart, I should go two sizes down :#
    I'm also a bit lost...

Now I’m wondering if I should size down to the 50.

Does anybody have one of these that could comment?

Go back a few pages - someone has a 50
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Fastball SpecialFastball Special Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    Cg23 wrote:
    Since there are 4,000+ posts in this thread, I know there has some debate on whether Bond wears the slim or straight fit grey tom ford jeans. Can anyone tell me the big differences w/ TF’s slim vs straight fits with their denim? Is it more noticeable in the thigh, calf, leg opening, etc.? Any help would be much appreciated.

I'd like to know the difference as well. From what I've read the "slim" is more like a skinny fit if you work out legs at all. I might need to track down the straight fit myself.
    Perpetually on the hunt for and WTB:
    Matchless Captain Civil War Jacket size Small
    Matchless Craig Blouson original ES of 700 size Small
  • Monsieur Le ChiffreMonsieur Le Chiffre LondonPosts: 148MI6 Agent
    Another No Time To Die collaboration on the way. This time Crockett and Jones.

They have a link to register your interest on their site

EDC21-CE3-E8-E8-47-E6-B7-B6-50-F087062-D0-F.png
    "Mr. Beech... or is that Bond? I am a little confused." | IG: @commanderbond_007
  • PeakeyPeakey Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    Peakey wrote:
    TSRGus wrote:
    Sorry to go backwards a bit (to the Matera scene) but can anyone bring me up to speed on the Brunello shirt with the Massimo Alba suit? Did we have a consensus on which shirt this is?

https://shop.brunellocucinelli.com/en-il/shirts/button-down-shirt-192ML6940038.html

This is the closest to screen accurate shirt from BC available, I think the buttons are a different colour maybe.

Correct
    and as far as I know its a 'signature' piece from BC, they release it every season in different cuts (Slim/Basic Fit) and with different buttons (horn and white mother of pearl), but the one in NTTD has blue (mother of pearl?) buttons and it seems that this combination was never be released by BC, hard to believe but the costum dept. must have changed all the buttons

If the blue MOP buttons are important to members on here, you could purchase the buttons from here -
    https://www.theliningcompany.co.uk/buttons/mother-of-pearl/cobalt-blue-mother-of-pearl-buttons/ and get a tailor to replace the buttons.
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    Another No Time To Die collaboration on the way. This time Crockett and Jones.

They have a link to register your interest on their site

EDC21-CE3-E8-E8-47-E6-B7-B6-50-F087062-D0-F.png

Yeah....I already opened a thread for this :D
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    For those who care, John Hamm was wearing the NTTD screen accurate Rag and Bone henley on last night's episode of "Curb Your Enthusiasm." :)
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    edited March 2020
    M.luca wrote:
    For all of those interested in the commando jumper, Outdoor Knitwear just released their version :

https://www.outdoorknitwear.com/crew-neck/106-bond-.html#/colour-navy/elbow_patches-yes/size-xxs

For anyone who wants to save a little on this jumper, i have a size medium FOR SALE, brand new with tags and packaging that i have in hand in the UK if you want it.

PM if you want it, i ordered 2 and keeping 1 so dont mind passing this to someone in the community for £45 inc postage within the UK. Happy to post overseas at buyers expense.

-{
  • TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    Peakey wrote:
    TSRGus wrote:
    Sorry to go backwards a bit (to the Matera scene) but can anyone bring me up to speed on the Brunello shirt with the Massimo Alba suit? Did we have a consensus on which shirt this is?

https://shop.brunellocucinelli.com/en-il/shirts/button-down-shirt-192ML6940038.html

This is the closest to screen accurate shirt from BC available, I think the buttons are a different colour maybe.

Correct
    and as far as I know its a 'signature' piece from BC, they release it every season in different cuts (Slim/Basic Fit) and with different buttons (horn and white mother of pearl), but the one in NTTD has blue (mother of pearl?) buttons and it seems that this combination was never released by BC, hard to believe but the costum dept. must have changed all the buttons

Thanks kindly.
  • CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    JG007 wrote:
    M.luca wrote:
    For all of those interested in the commando jumper, Outdoor Knitwear just released their version :

https://www.outdoorknitwear.com/crew-neck/106-bond-.html#/colour-navy/elbow_patches-yes/size-xxs

For anyone who wants to save a little on this jumper, i have a size medium FOR SALE, brand new with tags and packaging that i have in hand in the UK if you want it.

PM if you want it, i ordered 2 and keeping 1 so dont mind passing this to someone in the community for £45 inc postage within the UK. Happy to post overseas at buyers expense.

-{

JG,

How long has it been out? Do you mind giving a mini-review of the fit with some measurements?

Cheers!
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • cyclones122cyclones122 Posts: 192MI6 Agent
    Does anyone have the TF codes for the 2 ties that are confirmed in the film? Would be much appreciated!!
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    If you’re like me, and you got the Rag and Bone Henley with the wrong buttons, there’s still hope. I was in their outlet store at Sawgrass Mills in South Florida today and I inquired if they had any of the screen accurate buttons in the back. Sure enough, the clerk said they had a damaged garment which was getting sent back to the company and gave me the buttons! If anyone needs the buttons, your best bet is to contact their customer service dept. via email:

help@rag-bone.com

5-AC21-DD7-6-F86-45-B9-91-A9-CABEE9-F38376.jpg
    edited March 2020
    Cajun wrote:
    JG007 wrote:
    M.luca wrote:

-{

JG,

How long has it been out? Do you mind giving a mini-review of the fit with some measurements?

Cheers!

Its been live on their website about 1-2 weeks i believe.

Id come across it about 2 months or so ago and approached them to do me one in navy with matching elbow patches to make it a touch more SA. At the time of enquiry they only did it in black and green but they have since produced a line in blue and have named it as a special Bond piece in their lineup as they have seen the images and tied it into the film.

The quality i feel is very good and certainly better than the budget alternatives you see on ebay and amazon. The herringbone cuffs really add to its quality and finish, the patches are like a fine corduroy patch and again feel a better quality than expected and probably the same type of patch we're hearing from the N Peal.

The fit is great in my opinion. The material stretches to your bodies fit which is accurate to what these jumpers are meant to be but it doesnt feel like its a stretch fit that makes you look like youve squeezed yourself into it. After all this manufacturer provides genuine militaries with their jumpers so its accurate to the nature of jumper it is.

My only niggle is ironic because its the opposite of what many have mentioned on the N Peal, sleeve length. They are a touch too long but only slightly, once the henley cuffs are showing though, that is taken away. If it bothered me that much i could have them altered but i feel they're only fractionally too long for me. I am normally between a small and medium in most brands etc, i went for the medium with the RGT jacket to be safe and dont regret that decision. On this jumper i went medium as i know traditional jumpers of this nature are the stretched fitting to your shape type and although i wanted a tailored type fit, i didnt want a skinny fit either. The medium is a triumph for me in terms of fit.

My advise with this jumper is if you are between sizes or dont want a skinny fit but a nicely fitted look, size up. My medium lay flat looks like a small or dare i say XS but baring in mine the fabric is stretchy, it definitely is a medium so my initial worries were easily put to bed once pulled on and again in my opinion its fantastic and i am more than happy with the fit, finish and quality.

The fabric is softer than expected also, i will be adding cord end toppers to the end of the drawstring as itll look nice but save them from fraying in the long run. I think if id of gone for the £20 odd jumper id probably wouldn't have worn it often and i certainly dont feel id be buying the N Peal as it wont get that much wear for the amount to outlay so this is THE ideal middle ground.

Due to the quality and fit, it'll get more wear than expected but not enough to dump £300+ on. Sure the neck isnt 100% accurate but then once you've loosened the drawstrings and have the Rag&Bone henley on with the collar and cuffs poking our as per the poster to make the look SA, your absolutely onto a sure thing winner and i am delighted and i think i have completed my purchases for NTTD and sadly the Craig era

Did i mention i have a size medium in hand FOR SALE less than retail?? :)) :))

-{
  • bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    edited March 2020
    JG007 wrote:
    Cajun wrote:
    JG007 wrote:

-{

JG,

Cheers!

Id come across it about 2 months or so ago and approached them to do me one in navy with matching elbow patches to make it a touch more SA. At the time of enquiry they only did it in black and green but they have since produced a line in blue and have named it as a special Bond piece in their lineup as they have seen the images and tied it into the film.

The quality i feel is very good and certainly better than the budget alternatives you see on ebay and amazon. The herringbone cuffs really add to its quality and finish, the patches are like a fine corduroy patch and again feel a better quality than expected and probably the same type of patch we're hearing from the N Peal.

The fit is great in my opinion. The material stretches to your bodies fit which is accurate to what these jumpers are meant to be but it doesnt feel like its a stretch fit that makes you look like youve squeezed yourself into it. After all this manufacturer provides genuine militaries with their jumpers so its accurate to the nature of jumper it is.

My only niggle is ironic because its the opposite of what many have mentioned on the N Peal, sleeve length. They are a touch too long but only slightly, once the henley cuffs are showing though, that is taken away. If it bothered me that much i could have them altered but i feel they're only fractionally too long for me. I am normally between a small and medium in most brands etc, i went for the medium with the RGT jacket to be safe and dont regret that decision. On this jumper i went medium as i know traditional jumpers of this nature are the stretched fitting to your shape type and although i wanted a tailored type fit, i didnt want a skinny fit either. The medium is a triumph for me in terms of fit.

My advise with this jumper is if you are between sizes or dont want a skinny fit but a nicely fitted look, size up. My medium lay flat looks like a small or dare i say XS but baring in mine the fabric is stretchy, it definitely is a medium so my initial worries were easily put to bed once pulled on and again in my opinion its fantastic and i am more than happy with the fit, finish and quality.

The fabric is softer than expected also, i will be adding cord end toppers to the end of the drawstring as itll look nice but save them from fraying in the long run. I think if id of gone for the £20 odd jumper id probably wouldn't have worn it often and i certainly dont feel id be buying the N Peal as it wont get that much wear for the amount to outlay so this is THE ideal middle ground.

Due to the quality and fit, it'll get more wear than expected but not enough to dump £300+ on. Sure the neck isnt 100% accurate but then once you've loosened the drawstrings and have the Rag&Bone henley on with the collar and cuffs poking our as per the poster to make the look SA, your absolutely onto a sure thing winner and i am delighted and i think i have completed my purchases for NTTD and sadly the Craig era

-{

Two quick questions, when you mention too long, are you talking sleeves or body? Also, how is the color, it looks a little faded out on the webpage, is it a nice navy blue?
    bosoxfan wrote:
    JG007 wrote:
    Cajun wrote:

JG,

Cheers!

-{

Two quick questions, when you mention too long, are you talking sleeves or body? Also, how is the color, it looks a little faded out on the webpage, is it a nice navy blue?

Sleeves, body is fine.

Colour is rich, very close to what you see on the poster IMO.
    The pictures arent the best online but in fairness in the flesh, its bob on all round!!

-{
  • hcantrellhcantrell CharlottePosts: 170MI6 Agent
    JG007 wrote:
    Cajun wrote:
    JG007 wrote:

-{

JG,

Cheers!

-{

Do you mind telling us what your chest and waist measurements are? I just want to be sure before purchasing because I'm in the US and it would be an annoying cost to have to ship a return back to the UK.
    "I don't think the dead care about vengeance."
    hcantrell wrote:
    JG007 wrote:
    Cajun wrote:

JG,

Cheers!

-{

Do you mind telling us what your chest and waist measurements are? I just want to be sure before purchasing because I'm in the US and it would be an annoying cost to have to ship a return back to the UK.

Sure, chest i am 40 and waist 33

-{
  • othertravelothertravel Posts: 437MI6 Agent
    Did anybody verify the width of the NTTD ties?
  • estanfordestanford DallasPosts: 26MI6 Agent
    Did anybody verify the width of the NTTD ties?

Information I have shows 7.5 cm.
  • CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    JG007 wrote:
    hcantrell wrote:
    JG007 wrote:

-{

-{

Thanks for the great info, JG. Sweater ordered.
    I edit, therefore I am.
    Cajun wrote:
    JG007 wrote:
    hcantrell wrote:

-{

Thanks for the great info, JG. Sweater ordered.

Yea, I pulled the trigger on one as well, I hope the size is right, thanks for sharing
  • goneontheroadgoneontheroad Posts: 168MI6 Agent
    The 31 pounds for shipping to the states is a deal breaker on that one, for me.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    So as usual we have debate about TF ties / which one?

I have the Grey POW mtm and TF London have sent tie pics through.

I know David has a tie in hand but im now more leaning towards the brighter blue. Cant see a Navy looking so bright?

But could be filters / lighting

Grrrrrrrrr

IMG-20200310-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20200310-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20200310-WA0009.jpg

20190813-191537.jpg

Davids insta post

Screenshot-20200119-181344.png
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • cs007cs007 Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    Having the same issue myself trying to decide which blue. I know the blue PoW suit is worn with the textured blue tie but is this the navy tie worn with the same suit?
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

I have the Grey POW mtm and TF London have sent tie pics through each.

I know David has a tie in hand but im now more leaning towards the brighter blue. Cant see a Navy looking so bright?

Grrrrrrrrr

IMG-20200310-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20200310-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20200310-WA0009.jpg

20190813-191537.jpg

Davids insta post

C717060-D-B81-F-47-F2-9800-E46-FE992-C034.jpg
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    TF seem to believe this one is worn with the navy pow suit.

To me its a bit fussy to wear with the navy suit

IMG-20200310-WA0003.jpg

76-C238-F7-0598-48-FF-9957-2-C63946-FE309.jpg
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • cs007cs007 Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    Looking closer at the PoW blue suit now it’s actually looking more like the black one they paired with the other grey suit. Seems to be the darkest tie out of the lot. As you said, the other is pretty busy with that suit.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    cs007 wrote:
    Having the same issue myself trying to decide which blue. I know the blue PoW suit is worn with the textured blue tie but is this the navy tie worn with the same suit?
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

I have the Grey POW mtm and TF London have sent tie pics through each.

Grrrrrrrrr

IMG-20200310-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20200310-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20200310-WA0009.jpg

20190813-191537.jpg

Davids insta post

C717060-D-B81-F-47-F2-9800-E46-FE992-C034.jpg
    I'm also a bit confused on that Hammersmith tie because none the NTTD ties I saw at TF looked quite like it. Atleast based off of what I could see from that picture.
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    TF seem to believe this one is worn with the navy pow suit.

To me its a bit fussy to wear with the navy suit

IMG-20200310-WA0003.jpg

76-C238-F7-0598-48-FF-9957-2-C63946-FE309.jpg

Have we got the reference number and price of that model eventually, please ?
  • hcantrellhcantrell CharlottePosts: 170MI6 Agent

I was about to buy a medium until I saw the shipping price at checkout. It's insane. I left it in my cart and hopefully they email me with some kind of shipping discount offer to get it sold. We'll see.
    "I don't think the dead care about vengeance."
    hcantrell wrote:

I was about to buy a medium until I saw the shipping price at checkout. It's insane. I left it in my cart and hopefully they email me with some kind of shipping discount offer to get it sold. We'll see.

I was contemplating the purchase for a few days waiting for someone to do a review of the sweater (thanks JG007), I would swear that originally the shipping came up as 20 instead of 31 pounds, I almost didn't order it as well, but went ahead and bit the bullet. If you hear of any response that indicates a discount, let me know as I would go back to them for a credit. The extra 11 will be ok if it keeps me from spending 465 for the NP version.
    K
  • IMG-20200310-WA0005.jpg

What is the product code for the dark navy tie?