No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• othertravelothertravel Posts: 437MI6 Agent
    This is what TF sent me:

BA109-B55-D7-EB-4-A08-8642-E99-B01565497.jpg
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    I don’t believe it’s been posted that tie slide has been identified if it has apologies. Bond Lifestyle have a link it’s Benson & Clegg tie slide.
    Great price was sold out but back in stock.Looks really cool. I’ve got a Mont Blanc clip but haven’t worn it for many years the slide a more classic look cheers

James Bond Lifestyle also have a 10% discount code on their website for the tie slide: BONDLIFE10

https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/product/benson-clegg-plain-slim-rhodium-tie-slide

Screen-Shot-2020-03-04-at-5-02-06-PM.png

Benson & Clegg:

https://bensonandclegg.com/products/plainskinnyrhodiumtieslide?variant=41239746058

Surprisingly affordable. Was expecting it be from one of the luxury brands, costing a few hundred dollars.

It's out of stock again :#
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • cyclones122cyclones122 Posts: 192MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Guess we only know of 2 so far..

3-AC6280-E-5587-4-FC4-B025-A73-B31-E72-D6-D.jpg?dl=1

Would someone be kind enough to post the TF codes for the 2 we know are in the film for those of us that will have to order by phone or email?? Much appreciated!!
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    Wow - so there are potentially several suits we haven’t seen? That’s rather exciting news on an otherwise bleak day.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    I feared the film would be postponed, but that’s for another thread. What I’m wondering about here is the challenge this presents for buying some of the wardrobe items, especially the unconfirmed ones like the Barbour Graham. By the time the film comes out won’t TF have moved on from these ties for example? Are people buying all of them because we don’t know which will be used or just buying the confirmed ones? Whats your purchasing strategy going to be in light of the postponement (and the likelihood that we won’t be seeing additional stills or trailers for the next half year because EON will need to rev up the PR machine again in the fall)?
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    Wow - so there are potentially several suits we haven’t seen? That’s rather exciting news on an otherwise bleak day.

One at least. Probably at the end of the film - just like in SPECTRE. If I remember correctly the final scene suit had not been spotted beforehand.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Quite poss that some of these not in movie
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

Yeah if there's six TF ties in the collection/capsule but apparently only three TF suits (not including the tux) in the film, there must be three ties that don't show up...unless they're worn with an as of yet unseen non-TF suit, but that seems unlikely. Why would those other three even be in the Bond TF collection if they're not in the film? Does the collection include ones that have been provided to production but not used?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Yeah if there's six TF ties in the collection/capsule but apparently only three TF suits (not including the tux) in the film, there must be three ties that don't show up...unless they're worn with an as of yet unseen non-TF suit, but that seems unlikely. Why would those other three even be in the Bond TF collection if they're not in the film? Does the collection include ones that have been provided to production but not used?

Quite poss.

Light blue and silver Polo shirts and a sand / beige suit was in the Spectre capsule
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 675MI6 Agent
    edited March 2020
    So will the clothes that he wears be out of fashion/no longer a trend if it releases Thanksgiving?

Or will the Bond factor help to carry it over through Summer 2021?

I guess I'm specifically concerned\curious that Massimo Alba cord suit.... will cord still be a trend in 15 months?

I'd feel bad if people watch the movie and the cord trend is dead, as it is definitely this film's version of the Brunello desert outfit.
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    On a positive note, isn't it quite possible that we will see additional trailers, photos, film clips etc. just to keep the spark hot between now and November? It would seem that the producers have an additional 7-8 months to build suspense and interest and that means more glimpses of what is to come?
  • km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    I feared the film would be postponed, but that’s for another thread. What I’m wondering about here is the challenge this presents for buying some of the wardrobe items, especially the unconfirmed ones like the Barbour Graham. By the time the film comes out won’t TF have moved on from these ties for example? Are people buying all of them because we don’t know which will be used or just buying the confirmed ones? Whats your purchasing strategy going to be in light of the postponement (and the likelihood that we won’t be seeing additional stills or trailers for the next half year because EON will need to rev up the PR machine again in the fall)?

As someone without an unlimited budget, and who doesn't have to dress up as often these days - I bought one shirt, and one tie from the movie. My 2 favorites that we've seen so far, and I think I got the combo right.

TF shirt with turn back cuffs, TF dark navy tie, and non-TF navy blazer to replicate similar look until I have a navy suit one day:

BBA8871-E-8-DF1-40-C8-8551-05-B47-DC14-BDD-1-201-a.jpg

Hope to get the correct tie clip when they're back in stock. -{

Here is the movie still with same shirt, and what I think is the same tie:

35-FCA94-F-26-AF-4-F70-9656-6-E2983985-E8-C-1-201-a.jpg

I might get one more tie, but as mentioned I rarely need one, and I'm getting one from the QoS tie project anyway. I've definitely enjoyed looking at all the new items as they come out. My strategy is to look at what I'll actually use, rather than simply collect. I wear all the Bond items I have (Prada belt, Barbour and Billy Reid jackets, Smedly jumpers , etc).
  • cs007cs007 Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    So this is the email I received from Tom Ford today regarding product codes. Would the discount be on suits also or just ties please?

Does anybody have the model/retail codes for the ties? I may be able to facilitate a large buy that's 20-30% off typical US pricing.

AB5-A6-DCB-5-A38-4-EBA-B4-C3-6261009-AE5-F2.jpg
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    New TV spot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsVNfPFboqA

Don't watch it if you feel over fed on promotional material.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    I don’t believe it’s been posted that tie slide has been identified if it has apologies. Bond Lifestyle have a link it’s Benson & Clegg tie slide.
    Great price was sold out but back in stock.Looks really cool. I’ve got a Mont Blanc clip but haven’t worn it for many years the slide a more classic look cheers

James Bond Lifestyle also have a 10% discount code on their website for the tie slide: BONDLIFE10

https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/product/benson-clegg-plain-slim-rhodium-tie-slide

Screen-Shot-2020-03-04-at-5-02-06-PM.png

Benson & Clegg:

https://bensonandclegg.com/products/plainskinnyrhodiumtieslide?variant=41239746058

Surprisingly affordable. Was expecting it be from one of the luxury brands, costing a few hundred dollars.

Benson & Clegg is a luxury brand and a British heritage brand, but they are reasonably priced.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    VegasBond wrote:
    More images
    534-C8-EC6-ED90-40-C1-A939-BC84820541-E0.jpg

2-BB0-BB2-D-16-B8-4-A3-B-9-F93-6-BE253962-EC2.jpg

3-C62-A07-A-FC7-B-4744-AC0-A-FB021-D8-ECA35.jpg

7-F3-A4-F3-C-6-BD6-4-B1-D-A9-B7-7-B6824-F20925.jpg

A4-DCC0-BF-3289-467-E-AFA3-1-AB77-BA06-D8-F.jpg

F0854-F6-F-0-CC0-44-E9-B561-D4-A2-AA1803-F0.jpg

Is the tab collar back?
  • universal exports tokyouniversal exports tokyo TokyoPosts: 11MI6 Agent
    I did it by myself!
    Thanks/
    Noi wrote:
    I painted it black.
    The boots is Tanicus side-zip sage green.

Great work! Have you done that by yourself?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4irXQhgMqg
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    Yeah if there's six TF ties in the collection/capsule but apparently only three TF suits (not including the tux) in the film, there must be three ties that don't show up...unless they're worn with an as of yet unseen non-TF suit, but that seems unlikely.

Not necessarily. In Spectre the same grey track stripe suit was used for two outfits with different TF ties. One with a blue shirt navy tie. And the other with a white shirt grey tie.

So that could be a possibility with NTTD and the unaccounted for TF ties. Although unlikely for all three.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    kadd wrote:
    JTM wrote:
    Yeah if there's six TF ties in the collection/capsule but apparently only three TF suits (not including the tux) in the film, there must be three ties that don't show up...unless they're worn with an as of yet unseen non-TF suit, but that seems unlikely.

Not necessarily. In Spectre the same grey track stripe suit was used for two outfits with different TF ties. One with a blue shirt navy tie. And the other with a white shirt grey tie.

So that could be a possibility with NTTD and the unaccounted for TF ties. Although unlikely for all three.

Oh that’s right, forgot about the mix and match in SP. That certainly could be the case here. But yes, I agree that it’s pretty unlikely we’ll see all six ties in some combo with the three TF suits.

On that note, I always liked that they used the track stripe suit in multiple scenes with different shirts/ties; it made it a bit more realistic that Bond didn’t have a new suit for every scene.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    new still
    no-time-to-die-02-jpg.jpg
  • Monsieur Le ChiffreMonsieur Le Chiffre LondonPosts: 148MI6 Agent
    For anybody interested the Mango "Matera" Jacket is back in stock in all sizes

https://www.mangooutlet.com/gb/men/jackets-field-jackets/pockets-linen-jacket_33040943.html?c=56&n=1
    "Mr. Beech... or is that Bond? I am a little confused." | IG: @commanderbond_007
  • cs007cs007 Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Guess we only know of 2 so far..

3-AC6280-E-5587-4-FC4-B025-A73-B31-E72-D6-D.jpg?dl=1

Do we know the product code of which plain blue is worn with the grey PoW? The blues are very similar.
  • awbyrdawbyrd Raleigh, NCPosts: 1MI6 Agent
    Long time lurker, but figured I'd pop up. :)

Admittedly, not wanting to pay $460 for the N Peal (I'm part Scottish...we're cheap, remember?), here's another alternative.

What James Bond, as a member of the Royal Navy, would likely actually wear in such situations:

https://www.guernseywoollens.com/collections/traditonal-guernsey-jumpers/products/traditional-guernsey-jumper-standard-sizes?variant=19735949703
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    So will the clothes that he wears be out of fashion/no longer a trend if it releases Thanksgiving?

Or will the Bond factor help to carry it over through Summer 2021?

I guess I'm specifically concerned\curious that Massimo Alba cord suit.... will cord still be a trend in 15 months?

I'd feel bad if people watch the movie and the cord trend is dead, as it is definitely this film's version of the Brunello desert outfit.

I’m actually looking forward to wearing my MA suit, pants, and Connolly Giubbino this summer BEFORE the movie comes out. It won’t look like cosplay since most people won’t be familiar with the NTTD wardrobe.
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Could it be that some of the TF ties are worn by other members? M for example?

Ralph-Fiennes-Prince-Wales-Visits-James-Bond-CDw4-DWyr2-Oel.jpg

No-Time-To-Die-MMoney-Penny.jpg

Both look like they could be part of the TF collection.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
    For anyone that has the new TF ties, are they the same 3" width as the Spectre ties?
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    For anyone that has the new TF ties, are they the same 3" width as the Spectre ties?
    they're a tad bit slimmer.
    they're a tad bit slimmer.

Are they as slim as the ties from Skyfall? Those are really slim.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited March 2020
    Update Barbour Jacket

I'm in contact with Barbour and asked them if they can confirm the Graham Jacket, they replied:

"Dear Leon,

Thank you for your email. The jacket that we supplied to " No time to die" was Barbour x Engineered Garments Thompson commando jacket MCA0597. Unfortunately this is no longer in stock as it is from a previous season.

If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

Marie"

This is the Thompson-Commando-jacket in navy (they provided this jacket in sand and navy)
    https://www.barbour.com/de/catalog/product/view/id/17334

I contacted them again and sent them pictures from the trailer, I asked for having a look on these and mentioned that this Jacket doesn't look at all like the Thompson, I asked I if its possible that they ship both items to the production, the Graham and the Thompson and received this mail today:

"Thank you for your response. I have spoke to our sales team who sent the items and to confirm we only sent the Barbour x Engineered Garments Thompson commando jacket."

It's very hard to find the Thompson, there are only very few stockists who have them in stock, but this Jacket in the Trailer is not the Thompson, thats for sure...
  • Remmert007Remmert007 Posts: 232MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    Update Barbour Jacket

I'm in contact with Barbour and asked them if they can confirm the Graham Jacket, they replied:

"Dear Leon,

Thank you for your email. The jacket that we supplied to " No time to die" was Barbour x Engineered Garments Thompson commando jacket MCA0597. Unfortunately this is no longer in stock as it is from a previous season.

If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

Marie"

This is the Thompson-Commando-jacket
    https://www.barbour.com/de/catalog/product/view/id/17334

I contacted them again and sent them pictures from the trailer, I asked for having a look on these and mentioned that this Jacket doesn't look at all like the Thompson, I asked I if its possible that they ship both items to the production, the Graham and the Thompson and received this mail today:

"Thank you for your response. I have spoke to our sales team who sent the items and to confirm we only sent the Barbour x Engineered Garments Thompson commando jacket."

It's very hard to find the Thompson, there are only very few stockists who have them in stock, but this Jacket in the Trailer is not the Thompson, thats for sure...my opinion: Bond with a hood? srsly?

Interesting, the Thompson looks more like something Q would wear, maybe we'll see him with it?
    BOND LIFESTYLE
    JamesBondLifestyle.com | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter

You only live once, live like Bond!