No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Fred007 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    Fred007 wrote:

In Bolivia, Church's Ryder 3 with a black belt.....and the TF Harrington !!!

Not the TF Harrington but the Adidas Y-3 jacket.

No Matt....at the end at the hotel complex !!!

Ah, thanks for the clarification.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Fred007 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Not the TF Harrington but the Adidas Y-3 jacket.

No Matt....at the end at the hotel complex !!!

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

:007)
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    For anyone who wanted to see the TF NTTD Tuxedo in more detail:

Review of the Tom Ford Tuxedo from No Time To Die

We do a full review of the Tuxedo that James Bond (Daniel Craig) wears in No Time To Die! We discuss the scenes, the look, and the impact of one of the most iconic sartorial aspects of Bond! This is a continuation of the amazing story of receiving a box from Tom Ford filled with outfits from No Time To Die and our journey of reviewing the different items.

#tomford #suits #notimetodie #bond25 #jamesbond #007 #danielcraig #thebondexperience @TOM FORD

https://youtu.be/59agSbwHwB0

Tuxedo-TF-NTTD.jpg
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    edited April 2020
    Commandant wrote:
    Is the Henley with short sleeves now identified?

I guess no, not yet !!!

Or maybe, some are keeping that secret....
  • Fred007 wrote:
    Commandant wrote:

I guess no, not yet !!!

Not sure why anyone would keep that a secret...it's the most boring looking shirt I've seen Daniel Craig's Bond wear to date.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2020
    Also on a more discouraging note...I received the MA Rain2 jacket, apparently the response they gave one of the members on here doesn't hold water. (about all the different versions and how the current one is the right one) Pockets are in the wrong place, no under the collar tab, and only one button on the cuff. And no extra cuff buttons were sent with the jacket.

I would only buy the MA duster if you like the color and you plan on wearing the coat. If you are looking for a 100% screen accurate piece, you're wasting your time. It's about as screen accurate as the Matchless Craig blouson.

As far as sizing goes, for those who need help with that. I would take your normal size if you want to be swimming in it. I would go down 1 size if you want the screen accurate slightly relaxed fit, and I would go down 2 sizes if you want a slim tailored (billy reid peacoat skyfall scene look)

And as far as sizing on the Connolly goes...I would go up 1 size for sure, maybe even 2 sizes because you can always use the drawstrings and pull it in if you need to, error on the side of up-sizing, not down-sizing for that one.
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    Fred007 wrote:
    Commandant wrote:

I guess no, not yet !!!

Thank you mate for the info -{
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    That's a shame about the screen accuracy. When a company decides to sell it to the public, I don't understand why they wouldn't make it accurate if that's what they are selling.
    "Better late than never."
  • TimeyswirlsTimeyswirls Posts: 134MI6 Agent
    We still don't know if the solid gray suit and blue tab collar shirt shown in the Tom Ford No Time to Die collection are actually worn in the film yes?

It'll be a long wait till November to find out for sure but unless there's a couple scenes like the end of Spectre with a new outfit for about a minute sprinkled into the film it's likely he doesn't wear that suit, shirt, or the extra ties right?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    We still don't know if the solid gray suit and blue tab collar shirt shown in the Tom Ford No Time to Die collection are actually worn in the film yes?

It'll be a long wait till November to find out for sure but unless there's a couple scenes like the end of Spectre with a new outfit for about a minute sprinkled into the film it's likely he doesn't wear that suit, shirt, or the extra ties right?

I guess thats the million dollar question.

In Spectre he changed shirts and ties with the same suit and of course we also had the finale suit with limited screentime.

Unless more leaks surface we are not going to know until Nov
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent

Where did you find the blue tab collar shirt? I haven't seen that garment so far.
    There's a direct link to the TF collection?

Maybe @The Bond Experience can tell us something more in the reviews he's doing for NTTD's clothing
  • TimeyswirlsTimeyswirls Posts: 134MI6 Agent
    See post #4077 of this thread, someone put pictures from the suit collection and in the following pages people put pictures of all the ties.

It’s a very pale blue tab collar shirt, for the collection they paired it with the Gray POW suit we’ve already seen and it looks very nice and very Connery, but no idea if that’s in the film or not. Same with the sort of herringbone tie with the Blue POW suit.

You mention The Bond Experience, unless David is planning on getting to it later it seems they sent him just the two suits and dinner suit so who knows if that confirms it’s not in the film
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    They sent me all the suits, including the tuxedo and the dark grey suit, shirt etc....there will be a full review coming on it, but TF was unable to divulge where the suit is shown/used in the movie. I call it the Mystery Suit.
    See post #4077 of this thread, someone put pictures from the suit collection and in the following pages people put pictures of all the ties.

It’s a very pale blue tab collar shirt, for the collection they paired it with the Gray POW suit we’ve already seen and it looks very nice and very Connery, but no idea if that’s in the film or not. Same with the sort of herringbone tie with the Blue POW suit.

You mention The Bond Experience, unless David is planning on getting to it later it seems they sent him just the two suits and dinner suit so who knows if that confirms it’s not in the film
  • Colonel PotterColonel Potter Posts: 44MI6 Agent
    Two quick questions for those who have the Rogue Territory jacket: Can someone please direct me to a sizing chart as I can’t seem to find one for all sizes. Also, has anyone had it tailored? I assume it can be, but I don’t have personal experience with waxed cotton.

Thanks in advance!
  • bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    here is a size chart
    https://www.rogueterritory.com/collections/jackets/products/supply-jacket-ridgeline?variant=5415651344416

as for the alterations, I thought about, the size I have borders on too tight in the chest but the next size up (I purchased both) would have required a lot of work, I stuck with the X rather than the XX, had exactly the same issue with the Billy Reid Peacoat and rather than pay a lot to have the XX recut I just decided to make the X work.
    I actually believe I remember seeing on the Bond Experience review that David had one altered.
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Can someone with a Large and a Medium in the RG jacket measure the cuff opening? I know thats an odd request, but it helps me compare to other jackets I own for arm width sizing.
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    I would only buy the MA duster if you like the color and you plan on wearing the coat.

Got to admit to being fascinated by this comment and, honestly, please excuse my ignorance...but why would you buy clothing if you didn’t plan on wearing it?

I understand why you might buy a watch as a collector - but clothing? Really?

What size do you buy if you’re not going to wear it? Your size? Or the size you think will sell out and be most difficult to acquire in the future - hence increasing the ‘value’ of the garment?

Like I said, genuinely interested as to why somebody should buy clothing ‘not’ to wear.
    Yes. Considerably.
    They sent me all the suits, including the tuxedo and the dark grey suit, shirt etc....there will be a full review coming on it, but TF was unable to divulge where the suit is shown/used in the movie. I call it the Mystery Suit.

And I suppose you haven't any clue about what shirt and tie pairs with it, just like you mentioned in the review of the POW blue suit...
    So it could be from a scene we haven't seen yet, as already mentioned, or maybe from the very ending (just speculating ;) ). As far as I can remember, we had no pictures of the Spectre suit worn in the DB5 scene until the movie came out.
    bosoxfan wrote:
    here is a size chart
    https://www.rogueterritory.com/collections/jackets/products/supply-jacket-ridgeline?variant=5415651344416

as for the alterations, I thought about, the size I have borders on too tight in the chest but the next size up (I purchased both) would have required a lot of work, I stuck with the X rather than the XX, had exactly the same issue with the Billy Reid Peacoat and rather than pay a lot to have the XX recut I just decided to make the X work.

Thank you very much. Yes, I found the chart on site while I couldn’t initially. I know there’s been some discussion about sizing with regard to stiffness and give. It looks as though the XL should do it everywhere except the shoulders may be a bit snug.

Thanks again for the input!
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Ferinstal wrote:
    I would only buy the MA duster if you like the color and you plan on wearing the coat.

Got to admit to being fascinated by this comment and, honestly, please excuse my ignorance...but why would you buy clothing if you didn’t plan on wearing it?

I understand why you might buy a watch as a collector - but clothing? Really?

What size do you buy if you’re not going to wear it? Your size? Or the size you think will sell out and be most difficult to acquire in the future - hence increasing the ‘value’ of the garment?

Like I said, genuinely interested as to why somebody should buy clothing ‘not’ to wear.

Apart from the collecting aspect, which is as valid as any other reason, screen accurate clothing produced by the original manufacturers can also be a very good investment.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    By the way, that new tuxedo looks gorgeous on you. Good proportions and very flattering on you even though it hasn't been tailored.
    I was very surprised by the shirt: the great return of the cocktail cuffs (as I had pointed out previously in the forum) like in the old times and that surprising way to tighten the shirt !
    That sounds pretty much like what I decided to go with, probably can't comfortably wear a sweater with it, but with a t-shirt it works, I'm a 46 chest, wear 46 size suits, I don't generally button jackets like this so that also was part of the decision. Honestly I think the issue on both of these jackets/coats is the high cut arm holes but I like the trim fit everywhere else so I will just deal with it.
    bosoxfan wrote:
    here is a size chart

Thank you very much. Yes, I found the chart on site while I couldn’t initially. I know there’s been some discussion about sizing with regard to stiffness and give. It looks as though the XL should do it everywhere except the shoulders may be a bit snug.

bosoxfan wrote:
    That sounds pretty much like what I decided to go with, probably can't comfortably wear a sweater with it, but with a t-shirt it works, I'm a 46 chest, wear 46 size suits, I don't generally button jackets like this so that also was part of the decision. Honestly I think the issue on both of these jackets/coats is the high cut arm holes but I like the trim fit everywhere else so I will just deal with it.
    bosoxfan wrote:
    here is a size chart

Really? You’re a 46? I’m a 44 suit....are you unable to button it after breaking it in? I’m also only 5’7. How tall are you if you don’t mind me asking? How is the length on you? Thanks again for your help!
    6'0", I can button it, but it is snug to say the least, the length is fine and the sleeves are fine.
    bosoxfan wrote:
    6'0", I can button it, but it is snug to say the least, the length is fine and the sleeves are fine.

Ok, now I’m concerned. Sleeves I can have altered, but you’re 5 inches taller than me. So if it’s fine on you, it will probably be too long on me.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Two quick questions for those who have the Rogue Territory jacket: Can someone please direct me to a sizing chart as I can’t seem to find one for all sizes. Also, has anyone had it tailored? I assume it can be, but I don’t have personal experience with waxed cotton.

Thanks in advance!

I had my sleeves shortened, and to preserve the unusual stitching patterns and buttonholes on the cuffs, my tailor took the length off from the shoulder seam

Thanks in advance!

I had my sleeves shortened, and to preserve the unusual stitching patterns and buttonholes on the cuffs, my tailor took the length off from the shoulder seam

Thank you - I appreciate the advice. Just weighing the length issue.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent

We do a full review of the Tuxedo that James Bond (Daniel Craig) wears in No Time To Die! We discuss the scenes, the look, and the impact of one of the most iconic sartorial aspects of Bond! This is a continuation of the amazing story of receiving a box from Tom Ford filled with outfits from No Time To Die and our journey of reviewing the different items.

#tomford #suits #notimetodie #bond25 #jamesbond #007 #danielcraig #thebondexperience @TOM FORD

Tuxedo-TF-NTTD.jpg

Lots of interesting details. That shirt is really something else. I assumed based on the promotional shots that this dinner suit was midnight blue, so that was a surprise. Also, you said several times that the QoS dinner suit was black. Is this new information? I’ve been under the impression for years that it was midnight. It certainly appears blue on film.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent

Tuxedo-TF-NTTD.jpg

Lots of interesting details. That shirt is really something else. I assumed based on the promotional shots that this dinner suit was midnight blue, so that was a surprise. Also, you said several times that the QoS dinner suit was black. Is this new information? I’ve been under the impression for years that it was midnight. It certainly appears blue on film.

You are correct; the QOS dinner suit is a midnight blue mohair/cashmere blend. It has black facings that emphasise the blue of the body. But ultimately it goes to show how little difference there is in true black and midnight blue, especially since midnight blue is supposed to look black.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits