No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent

TBH I had thought on the eventuality, you may see something in this old thread I started (https://www.ajb007.co.uk/discussion/comment/983708#Comment_983708).

For what I know - always contacting Sunspel - they stated their products won't be featured in the movie. So, the options are the following ones:

1) Like OB, they might want to tie in with the movie release and wait for publicity;

2) It's a Sunspel 'Riviera' purchased out of the rack and then operated to given it a rough and used look;

3) It's an OB model, very similar to the 'Riviera'

Always waiting for an answer from OB, as soon as I know something, will let you know.

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent

As insightful as always...I love the possibility of all the old suits waiting on the rail in the garage.

Perhaps my belief in DC's commitment to the arc is over-reaching...I thought it might even be the original shirt as those old Riviera's fray and stretch in exactly that way! Though perhaps just wishful thinking as I have a couple of Sunspel's that have been diligently gathering SA holes for the last decade! 😁

Yep, I think the suits stored with their plastic bags it's just the cool touch. I sincerely hope they're shown on screen. He must have kept himself fit in the last 5 years for the suits to fit perfectly!😆

Anyway, think it could be a possibility recycling the old garments. It would make perfect sense. And if you already have them it would be even better. You won't have to buy some costly holed shirts from Sunspel or whatever...😉

• chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent

thanks Mattia , on the button as always.

Not like David to announce unless he knows 😜

I shall hang on and watch this space , cheers

007 reporting for duty
  • bondfan10bondfan10 Posts: 79MI6 Agent

By old Riviera are you gentlemen referring to the grey t-shirt? Or one of the shirts hanging in Bond's villa? Thanks

Grey t-shirt he wears while sailing

• TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent

Question about the Tommy Bahama Catalina shirt...after a few months, what is the consensus about care for the garment? Is it better to hand wash or dry clean?

thanks in advance

g

• JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent

TSRGus, dry clean is the best option for cleaning for sure.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • 405405 Posts: 119MI6 Agent

@TSRGus

Re: Tommy Bahama Catalina Twill shirt

I washed mine in cold with minimal detergent and let it air dry. Afterwards it was very stiff feeling and lost the soft silk feel. I thought it was possibly ruined. But I took it to the dry cleaners for cleaning and they restored it to like new just as it felt out of the box. I would highly recommend dry cleaning this one.

• TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent

thanks much to all

• NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited August 2021

Safins Costume and two cuban Showgirls-costumes

At Showstoppers in NY

Maybe its worth asking John Kristiansen (who made the Safin Costume) if he also made the Grey Commando pants from Bond

https://www.jpkny.com/film---television

I'll try. Thanks for the suggestion😉

• sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent

hi did anyone manage to ID the baseball cap he wears? seem to recall discussion it was either Barbour wax baseball cap or bruno cucinelli?

In the past months there was quite a discussion about the grey t-shirt Bond wears while in his jamaican retirement. After a deep research, I've finally managed to obtain the confirmation directly from Orlebar Brown that it's their mélange grey tailored fit t-shirt.

If you remember it correctly there was a discussion about the possibility of it being the Sunspel 'Riviera', always in mélange grey. Now the mystery has finally been solved.

edited August 2021

be quick before a 007 logo appears on it which goes hand in hand with a price explosion :d

good work, thank you for the confirmation

my faith in everyones commitment to the sartorial narrative arc is dashed! 😭🤣

Good work.

Thanks you all. Happy to finally have ID'd that

Did you think it was the same 'Riviera' t-shirt recycled for the occasion?

It would have been the perfect solution, but probably they're not as insightful as we are😆

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent

I am confused by this. David Z and some others with close Orlebar Brown business connections has said that OB didn't furnish the grey t-shirt. Can you name your source? OB is literally invested in the Bond brand so it's hard to see them having an item of clothing in the movie and not marketing the hell out of the connection.

Well, I've asked the PR branch at Orlebar Brown. They for sure know that this piece has been supplied to the costume department. Still in wait for them to check out whether or not some other pieces were provided.

Don't know what to say. Maybe they just wanted to check out the movie was due to release in a fixed date and then start the marketing abandoned after the much delays.

And after all I seem to remember David Z has one in his exhibition in the NTTD part. Many videos show it in the background. So, maybe a video will come in the future about it.

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

Barbour have been coy about the Covert appearing in NTTD yet we know it is. As Mattia has suggested, it could be that OB will make an announcement about the t-shirt to coincide with the film's release. Perhaps they will also reveal a new pair of swimming trunks at the same time.

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent

The time to buy the t-shirt then is before it doubles in price.

Mattia has been rock-solid about identifying the costumes, and I think you may be on to something about brands waiting to for confirmation that their supplied items make it onto the screen. It does raise the question why Massimo Alba and some of the others went public beforehand.

Always thought it was the Barbour Graham in the movie and the Covert a valid alternative. Have I missed something?

@Cheverian many thanks for your kind words. You know I've always conducted my job with a very rigorous method and wouldn't have published that before being absolutely sure.

I've been in contact with OB for quite a year. I asked about their participation on the movie, they told me they would check and call back. Never ever received an answer, and only God knows how many times I've tried.

Following the recent announcement of the premiere at RAH - hence the certainty of the release - I've decided to pull the trigger one more time and been lucky enough.

So I think it's only a question of days before marketing starts ramping again and there will be an official announcement. I've also come to rewatch David Z's video took in Jamaica and he clearly wears that shirt.

If you remember it, in the latest video with Bondsapartment he said the navy swim trunks he wears with the shirt were ID'd but not 'publically' (he knows it). An announcement would have been done near the movie's release.

But I perfectly agree this is the best moment to buy it.

Covert is the re-issue name for the (altered) Graham.

Well right. Thanks for the explanation!