No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 4,374MI6 Agent
    edited April 2

Looks great! Lovely fabric on that.

• knoxj3knoxj3 Posts: 28MI6 Agent

I'm pretty happy with the way the replacement buttons look. I just had them changed by my tailor, here's the result:

That looks great! Thanks for sharing! Maybe a dumb question, but are you using a basic hanger for this jacket? I have mine on a basic wooden hanger but was thinking about getting a wooden jacket hanger since it’s an expensive piece.

• Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 409MI6 Agent

Yeah just a basic wooden hanger, probably from Ikea lol. I don't really see much point in spending a stack on a fancy hanger for a soft jacket like this.

• LuciusNightmareLuciusNightmare Posts: 99MI6 Agent

What are people's favourite tuxedo look from the Craig era?

• ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 927MI6 Agent

Skyfall for me. Although I quite like them all 🍸🍸

• JB1106340JB1106340 Posts: 365MI6 Agent

1) Skyfall

2) Spectre

3) NTTD

4) CR

5) QoS

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 2,176MI6 Agent

1) QoS

2) CR

3) SF

4) SP

5) NTTD

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,303MI6 Agent

1) QoS - by a wide margin

2) = CR/SF

3) SP

4) NTTD

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 361MI6 Agent

I've always been a fan of the Skyfall look more than the others; the shawl collar, pocket handkerchief, marcella shirt with pearl studs, narrow bowtie and wholecut shoes are all really good-looking. I think the jacket should have two vents rather than one but everything else is spot on.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 2,176MI6 Agent
    "Any of the opposition around..?"

QOS is a real marmite choice. It's either right at the top or at the bottom.....

• doubleOElvisdoubleOElvis Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    1. QOS (my only nitpick is the gauntlets on the cuff)
    2. SF (if it had double vents, this would be my #1 by a country mile)
    3. CR (probably the most traditional of all the dinner jackets DC has worn)
    4. SP (I love an ivory dinner jacket, but it's just not as versatile)
    5. NTTD (should be midnight blue)

Personally, I think it's too early to judge NTTD's tuxedo (or costumes) for that matter. So many of the choices were made to fit the particular colour palette that Fukunaga was trying to create. Hence the strong focus on primary colours. In set photos or stills it can seem a little odd. But when photographed on film, they look totally different.

Nonetheless, I think the NTTD tuxedo is terrific. I like the bowtie and the fit of the tuxedo. Craig looks stunning.

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,303MI6 Agent

🍸🍸 Just spotted that we have he same order! TBH I was thinking about the clothes in general in each film, not just the evening dress. Bond's elegant casual outfits in QoS are a far cry from what I've seen of NTTD's outfits, IMO.

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 1,818MI6 Agent
    edited April 10

Happy Saturday, all!

Not really wardrobe. But while I was doing research for tomorrow's post on Iconic Alternatives, I came across these:

It's the Rika rattan chair from Danish company House Doctor. I'm pretty sure these are the chairs on Bond's deck in the the Jamaica house scenes.

Thoughts?

John

Edit: Just found this thread https://www.ajb007.co.uk/discussion/53068/furniture-in-nttd

And it looks like the Malawi chair is also a great contender. And @HalfMonk HalfHitman shared pictures of what looks like an identical chair at the Goldeneye resort. Does anyone know if the Malawi was confirmed? Thanks!

• Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 415MI6 Agent
    edited April 10

Update: with much effort I think I've ID the belt worn by Billy Magnusses. The only reference we have are that is green perforated suede and has a leather loop, plus a silver buckle (click to enlarge details: https://www.007.com/wp content/uploads/2020/10/NTTD_DIGITAL_1S_BW_FULL_CHARACTER_BILLY_OV.jpg)

The closest match I've found is from Timberland. I've contacted them, but didn't know about connections with them movie. But the positive aspect is that they told me those belts are constantly produced so (maybe) it'll come back in stock (https://www.timberland.ie/shop/en/tbl-ie/outlet-collection/suede-leather-belt-for-men-in-green-a1byj023)

• MFisherMFisher Posts: 725MI6 Agent

Excellent work - as always.

• merlineatermerlineater Posts: 15MI6 Agent

Quick Tom Ford suit question I'm hoping someone can help me with :)

Is the Tom Ford Navy Prince of Wales O'Connor suit at https://www.harrods.com/en-gb/shopping/tom-ford-oconnor-two-piece-suit-16062452 the same as the one David reviews at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYLfNVeCAR4. I'm looking to get the complete set of jacket, trousers, cocktail cuff shirt and shoes!

Aware it's the Highbury shoes from C&J but any help on identifying the shirt and rest of outfit would be greatly appreciated!

• 006006 Posts: 231MI6 Agent

Hey,

It is indeed the same blue suit as featured in the reviews.

Good luck in completing the suit combo!

All the best,

For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day

Hi guys, two important findings to open the week with.

The first one: after months of uncertainty due to lockdown in UK, I've finally managed to reach out the Albemarle St. flag store of Paul Smith. They very kindly confirmed me Moneypenny will wear a pair of their trousers in the scenes that take place both at MI6 HQ and Q's flat. Those trousers, in 100% wool, were available from their collection at the time of filming, but aren't anymore. Plus, there are very few pictures out there: Georgia, my contact, only managed to provide a front view. Anyway, they're in navy with a pink/reddish windowpane check, belt loops and one rear pocket, right side, as BTS confirmed.

The second one. There had already been some interest in this piece. Unfortunately, Bond in Motion has definitely closed, but our good friend Peter Brooker managed to take a picture of Nomi's screen used outfit from Jamaica. The sandals she wears are from Givenchy, the Studded leather flat sandals (https://modesens.com/product/GIVENCHY-ELEGANT-STUDDED-FLAT-SANDAL-BLACK-4241499/), a gorgeous piece unfortunately not available anymore. In some HD pics you can barely see the very distinctive buckle closure, so I addressed to them and they gave me confirmation.

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 25,408Chief of Staff

More stellar work, Mattia 🍸

YNWA 97
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,109MI6 Agent

Great work again Mattia.

I sooooooo regret not going downstairs to see the NTTD exhibits when I called in to Bond in Motion on 29 February last year.

Little did we all know the extent of what was about to happen...

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".

It is a shame really.

I had planned a trip to London last year, but unfortunately didn't get the chance...

• Agent EternalAgent Eternal Athens, GreecePosts: 120MI6 Agent

I always read Mattia's posts with admiration. I will never figure out how he manages to find these pieces!

Very much appreciated. As for piece's ID is very simple: I analyse pictures in every single detail, then compare with the lots of pieces that are out there. But I must say there's also a good amount of luck, not counting the final "clue" and the help some brands give in confirming the ID. There's no trick, there's no illusion!

I'm very glad you read the posts with admiration. In almost three years since I started following this forum - and recently sharing with you my findings after I "specialized" in this branch - I've always found people ready to appreciate my work and share kind words and compliments about it. So, I have to say THANK YOU to one and all! 🤵🍸️

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 531MI6 Agent

it's really top work. 🍸️

I think they made a mistake not letting Bond wear a dark jumper when he wears the Massimo coat. It just works better. It looks a little cooler and more contemporary. Something about the henley makes it look a little rough and 'thrown together.'

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 1,818MI6 Agent
    edited April 28

About that baseball cap: After getting some requests on Instagram, I started doing some digging.

I think we already know the following about it from the pics from the Omega promo video: soft 6 panel construction; rivet button on top, wide adjustable strap at the back (looks like there's minimal metal hardware).

Has anyone checked out Loro Piana? Here are 2 models from them this season: 1st, 3rd and 4th pics are the Remington, the 2nd is "My Baseball Cap",

This season, many of the close matches from them are missing the top button, but they could of had one with it back in the spring 2019 season. 2 things make me think it's a possibility: the wide leather strap at the back that doubles over and the use of their different Storm System technical fabrics (water repellent silks, cottons, cashmere, wool, and various blends, so they'd work for sailing). Plus, we know Craig has personally been wearing Loro Piana.

Thoughts?

John