Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,545MI6 Agent
    edited January 2019
    Matt S wrote:
    What is the average age now if you use the ages the Bond actors were when cast?

Announcement dates are from Some Kind of Hero. Dates of birth from Google. BIG NEWS. The average age is still 37!

Connery
    Born August 1930
    Announced as Bond November 1961
    Age 31 years 3 months

George Lazenby
    Born September 1939
    Announced as Bond October 1968
    Age 29 years 1 month

Roger Moore
    Born October 1927
    Announced as Bond August 72
    Age 44 years 10 months

Timothy Dalton
    Born March 1946
    Announced as Bond August 1986
    Age 40 years 5 months

Pierce Brosnan
    Born May 1953
    Announced as Bond June 1994
    Age 41 years 1 month

Daniel Craig
    Born March 1968
    Announced as Bond October 2005
    Age 37 7 months

If you use the ages that Brosnan and Moore were originally offered the role at, eight years earlier for Brosnan and six years earlier for Moore, you get an average Bond age of 34.

If you also change Tim Dalton's age to 22, when he was asked about the role in 1968, then the average drops to 31.

After DC they might go very young to, say, 25, as Cavill was when he screen tested, for the next reboot (one assumes it will be), just to set the new Bond apart from the previous 30ish-something actors. They could still get 5 movies from them with a 3-year separation between each too.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,835MI6 Agent
    Interesting, but not groundbreakingly new. I still think we'll get a new Bond in 2023 or therabouts who is born in the 1980's. That would mean an actor aged roughly 33 to 43.
    More Rami Malik mischief about his alleged role in Bond25.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=TfWMTxsOZdI

I still think he is using this internet rumour to help his Mr Robot TV show.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,453Chief of Staff
    Someone wrote:
    Timothy Dalton
    Born March 1946

There's some doubt about that date of birth; it's been cited as 1944 several times. The man himself has been known to laugh it off when queried in interviews.
    edited January 2019
    Someone wrote:

It's a tricky situation. If he's actually cast or in negotiations he can't say "no comment', because that's a de facto confirmation. He can't confirm until he has a green light from EON, because that may ruin his chances. He can deny it, but it's best to avoid lying.
    The attention is probably good for his show Mr Robot, but after his Golden Globes wins he shouldn't be desperate for attention.
    My guess is he's in negotiations or he's already cast and waiting for permission to talk about it.
    I think it's strange that there have been practically no rumours about the two remaining female roles, the MI6 agent and the mystery woman. Obviously there's been auditions and screentests by now, but the only real rumour is a questionable one about Tuppence Middleton.
    Barbel wrote:
    Someone wrote:
    Timothy Dalton
    Born March 1946

There's some doubt about that date of birth; it's been cited as 1944 several times. The man himself has been known to laugh it off when queried in interviews.

It won't change the actual average.
    Number24 wrote:
    It's a tricky situation. If he's actually cast or in negotiations he can't say "no comment', because that's a de facto confirmation... My guess is he's in negotiations or he's already cast and waiting for permission to talk about it.

I looked for videos of interviews with Dave Bautista between early August when he was first rumoured to be in Spectre and the 3 December press conference to see how he reacted, but found nothing. No interviews.
    Number24 wrote:
    Obviously there's been auditions and screen tests by now, but the only real rumour is a questionable one about Tuppence Middleton.
    Maybe she's been short changed?!

BOOM boom! I'm here all week!!
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Someone wrote:

It's a tricky situation. If he's actually cast or in negotiations he can't say "no comment', because that's a de facto confirmation. He can't confirm until he has a green light from EON, because that may ruin his chances. He can deny it, but it's best to avoid lying.
    The attention is probably good for his show Mr Robot, but after his Golden Globes wins he shouldn't be desperate for attention.
    My guess is he's in negotiations or he's already cast and waiting for permission to talk about it.
    I think it's strange that there have been practically no rumours about the two remaining female roles, the MI6 agent and the mystery woman. Obviously there's been auditions and screentests by now, but the only real rumour is a questionable one about Tuppence Middleton.

I do wonder if these rumors about the two girls still hold up after Léa Seydoux‘s confirmation. We‘ve never has 3 leading ladies before... ?:)
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
    Does Madeline Swann join MI6? I guess it's possible. I guess she could also be described as a mysterious woman. I still doubt very much that Lea Seydoux plays the MI6 agent or the mystery woman. Also, there's no reason there shouldn't be three women in important parts. How many times has there been more than two men who are important to the plot in a Bond movie? I know there is a difference, but there is no reason it can't work.
  • HG1940HG1940 Posts: 59MI6 Agent
    I think Rami Malek is a very good actor, but I dunno if he can convince as a bad guy, I can't picture him as a Bond villain.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Someone wrote:

I do wonder if these rumors about the two girls still hold up after Léa Seydoux‘s confirmation. We‘ve never has 3 leading ladies before... ?:)

While there has never been more than one leading lady, there were three female roles in Goldfinger (Jill, Tilly and Pussy), and four in A View to a Kill (Mayday, Jenny, Pola and Stacey). A female role also doesn't have to mean someone that Bond sleeps with.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    A female role also doesn't have to mean someone that Bond sleeps with.

Good point. One guesses that in the age of #metoo, a 50 year old Bond won’t be sleeping with a young MI6 agent. Just a hunch ;)
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    HG1940 wrote:
    I think Rami Malek is a very good actor, but I dunno if he can convince as a bad guy, I can't picture him as a Bond villain.

Check out his episodes of the HBO World War II series “The Pacific.” He plays one of the most convincing sociopaths I have ever seen. He made such a creepy first impression on me it’s made me have trouble finding him likable in other roles.
    Matt S wrote:

Good point. One guesses that in the age of #metoo, a 50 year old Bond won’t be sleeping with a young MI6 agent. Just a hunch ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if Bond only sleeps with one person this next film, TLD style.
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    I wouldn't be surprised if Bond only sleeps with one person this next film, TLD style.

Reminds me of my biggest regret in Spectre - I wanted Bond to land the helicopter back on the roof of the hotel in Mexico City, climb down through the window, look to Estrella and say “that wasn’t too long, was it?”
    Matt S wrote:

Reminds me of my biggest regret in Spectre - I wanted Bond to land the helicopter back on the roof of the hotel in Mexico City, climb down through the window, look to Estrella and say “that wasn’t too long, was it?”

I would have loved that, and the audience would have too. Even if it’s a Moore type of thing to do.
  • HG1940HG1940 Posts: 59MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    HG1940 wrote:

Check out his episodes of the HBO World War II series “The Pacific.” He plays one of the most convincing sociopaths I have ever seen. He made such a creepy first impression on me it’s made me have trouble finding him likable in other roles.

Thanks I will have to watch that one.

Regards
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

He had two in TLD... "Better make that's two" Literally... :007)
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    ggl007 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

He had two in TLD... "Better make that's two" Literally... :007)

Spot on! :)
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
    edited January 2019
    Stuntman Yves Girard posted this on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bskz2TpATop/

"Back to London for filming #Bond25

Does this mean they are planning to film a stunt in London, or are they just planning and training for a stunt there?
    Girard is a very experienced stuntman in French TV and film. He has a small number of international projects under his belt, notably "The Rythm Section" by EON. Now he's listed on IMDB as the Assistant Stunt Director on Bond25.
    Calvin Dyson is doing Q & A live right now :007)
    Calvin is fun, very enthusiastic.
    I don't always agree with Calvin Dyson, among other things I rate Roger Moore lower and SPECTRE higher than he does. But he's always entertaining and what's the point of listening to someone with exactly the same views as yourself?

I think it's 50 days to the shooting of Bond25 starts and I have to wonder where everyone is? To be fair we have no plot synopsis, villain casting, completely locked down locations etc. yet, but I would like a more active forum at this stage. I think the real information starts dripping more steadily in late January, increasing to a a steady stream in February and finally a golden shower of Bond news once shooting starts in March :D
    I'm sure things will pick up once we have some real news to chew on, rather than mere speculation.
    Or rather: when we get real news to speculate on
    :)) But of course!
    edited January 2019
    I have to admit I'm slightly disapointed of the turnout for the Favourite Bond Girl finale Poll. (takes deep breath) Only 22 members have voted yet, and that (clears throat) seems very low. (lower lip starts trembling) I'm not even sure that's enough to make it an official result. (wipes eyes discretly). Was the promotion material for the poll too discrete and classy, resulting in many members not even aware of the poll? (tear run sdown cheek). Are most of the members too politically correct for the more male oriented, freewheeling Scandinavian attitude? (Starts sobbing openly) Are their wives and girlfriends standing behind them as they type?
    Why won't the other kids play MY games??? (curls up in the corner, sobbing uncontrolably)

https://vote.pollcode.com/22464857
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    There’s nothing to talk about. This thread is over 140 pages deep (!), and the concrete Bond 25 news could probably fit into about ten pages of honest discussion.
    Strictly speaking you're right. If we were only to comment on verifiably news and only in a realistic adn serious way we'd only need a few pages. But is that really us and can and should a fan forum restrict itself in such a way? I'm starting to fear we can, at least for a short period of time.
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    edited January 2019
    Number24 wrote:
    Strictly speaking you're right. If we were only to comment on verifiably news and only in a realistic adn serious way we'd only need a few pages. But is that really us and can and should a fan forum restrict itself in such a way? I'm starting to fear we can, at least for a short period of time.

Miles is right that this thread should only be about 10 pages long at this point. The 130 pages of unverified news and speculating should have gone in the rumor thread that you yourself started :v

https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/47586/exeedingly-accurate-and-incredibly-true-rumours-about-bond25/