Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Revs1972 wrote:
    Will he walk out to the Bond theme?

£5 says he does. The yanks would probably wonder who he was if he didn't

Can i have my £5 now ? :))

I can't believe they actually did that. Some may disagree but I'd say that probably would've made DC feel quite uncomfortable.

Did anyone hear his speech though?
    "We aspire to transform ourselves into the characters we play and transport the moviegoer in the process"

I hope he plans to take those words to heart for B25 and put his absolute all into the Bond character and the overall film.
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    Revs1972 wrote:

I can't believe they actually did that. Some may disagree but I'd say that probably would've made DC feel quite uncomfortable.

"We aspire to transform ourselves into the characters we play and transport the moviegoer in the process"

I hope he plans to take those words to heart for B25 and put his absolute all into the Bond character and the overall film.

I liked it when DC said "Seriously, Charlize Theron could kick my ass."
  • John Francis KennedyJohn Francis Kennedy South lanarkshire, ScotlandPosts: 88MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:
    JTM wrote:
    Revs1972 wrote:

I liked it when DC said "Seriously, Charlize Theron could kick my ass."

I can’t picture Sean Connery saying ANYONE could kick his ass, lol
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    I'm feeling more and more sure snow and ice will be key to the scene in Norway:

The obvious type of location to use in Norway is a fjord, but ice breaks up and disapears easily in the fjords and the snow is usually gone other than in the mountains by March. We know of two places the location scouts considered: Rjukan and Langvann. Both offer snow in March and a lake.
    Parts of the lake hasvebeen cleared of snow, something the production specified in their application. I also find the story that the cabin is on skids/skiis intriguing. If that's true, where else than on the lake can the cabin go?
    Number24 wrote:
    I also find the story that the cabin is on skids/skiis intriguing.

I don't think it is anything significant. It's probably a feature of temporary structures. They might want to move it to the left a few metres or to the right by a few metres when they finally come to the filming.

I don't think it's a Q-House that can drive itself around and launch missile countermeasures. ;-)

39 days to 5 April...
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Craig looked good last night. I'm guessing that his hair will stay the same length from now until filming. If so then it looks like it will be slightly shorter then his Spectre style.
    It's possible the skids will be used like you say, it's also possible the Bond fan who reported it misunderstood what he saw. I never imagined a "Q-house", that would be even sillier than the gondola in St Marcs Square in Venice (MR). But perhaps the cabin will be pushed out to the lake by a heavy vehicle crashing into it(there's a road right behing the cabin) or even an avalache. If it's an avalance they would have to use another location and edit the footage to make it look like there is a mountain behind the cabin I don't know, but I would be surprised if snow and the ice on the lake isn't important in the scene.
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    Revs1972 wrote:

I doubt it was done without his knowledge/agreement, This is the start of B25 pre publicity so goes with the territory and the big bucks. I don't think he'd have a problem with it. He's a professional and knows the rules.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • Revs1972Revs1972 Posts: 78MI6 Agent
    edited February 2019
    a
    I'm sure Craig has accepted long ago that the Bond theme will naturally follow him around for the rest of his life, like Harrison Ford with The Raiders March.
    Craig looked good last night. I'm guessing that his hair will stay the same length from now until filming. If so then it looks like it will be slightly shorter then his Spectre style.

Why do they insist on doing that? It really does not suit him and emphasises his jug like ears. Seriously it does him no favours but they seem committed to it. Thought it looked best in QOS. Daniel is not alone, all Bond actors apart from Lazenby have has instances of terrible hair. SIr Roger had both the best (LALD) and the wost (Bleached blond dry weave Bouffant top sheet in AVTAK ) Dalton of course suffered the much derided Dracular do, and some of Big Tams rugs were horrific. If Lazer had continued no doubt he would not have escaped Scott free.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    Revs1972 wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    It's possible the skids will be used like you say, it's also possible the Bond fan who reported it misunderstood what he saw. I never imagined a "Q-house", that would be even sillier than the gondola in St Marcs Square in Venice (MR). But perhaps the cabin will be pushed out to the lake by a heavy vehicle crashing into it(there's a road right behing the cabin) or even an avalache. If it's an avalance they would have to use another location and edit the footage to make it look like there is a mountain behind the cabin I don't know, but I would be surprised if snow and the ice on the lake isn't important in the scene.

Could be that the "skids" are acting as a foundation for the cabin. They are used when you are not allowed to fix down to the ground. The entire structure for the collapsing building in Spectre was built on a temporary frame which was the same footprint as the structure. Quite an engineering project considering the height of the tower holding the part of the building that comes crashing down.
    BTW, rather than use an existing cabin, they would have built the cabin exactly how they wanted it ,
    to allow them to light it how they wanted. There will probably be floating walls that can be removed to get better camera angles . And of course, if they can destroy it as part of the film if they want.
    With regards to the "scenery", When sets are built in studios they usually have a hanging backdrop which is basically a massive photograph, or they can greenscreen it. If they start surrounding it with shipping containers then that'll probably be the plan.

It's very possible "the skids" are the temporary foundations for the cabin. it's the most likely reason behing it I think. But it sure would be great if the cabin ended up on the lake and startedto sink in the movie. it would reference TLD, CR and SF and at the same time it would be inovative.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    zaphod99 wrote:

Why do they insist on doing that? It really does not suit him and emphasises his jug like ears. Seriously it does him no favours but they seem committed to it. Thought it looked best in QOS. Daniel is not alone, all Bond actors apart from Lazenby have has instances of terrible hair. SIr Roger had both the best (LALD) and the wost (Bleached blond dry weave Bouffant top sheet in AVTAK ) Dalton of course suffered the much derided Dracular do, and some of Big Tams rugs were horrific. If Lazer had continued no doubt he would not have escaped Scott free.

Perhaps they go with the short hair out of convenience? Over a long shoot perhaps it’s easier to maintain a consistent look? That’s really the best I can offer. He would obviously look better with longer hair. But apart from that, he looks about as good as possible. Worlds better than he appeared at the BAFTAs in 2018.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    I agree, the best hair style was the classic TB look Craig sported in QOS. But more importantly he looked trim and fit at the Oscars (with another 6 weeks to go before filming begins). Craig is so blond that the grey wasn't particularly noticeable anyway and truth be told, after all those years as a "00" a little grey makes sense.
    I give Craig credit for his standing up there next to Charlize Theron who is probably 6'4" in those heels. In fact, I noticed a few other actor/actress presenter pairs where the woman was taller. That's a change from the old days when they went out of their way to ensure that the guys appeared taller than the women.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    I agree, the best hair style was the classic TB look Craig sported in QOS. But more importantly he looked trim and fit at the Oscars (with another 6 weeks to go before filming begins). Craig is so blond that the grey wasn't particularly noticeable anyway and truth be told, after all those years as a "00" a little grey makes sense.
    I give Craig credit for his standing up there next to Charlize Theron who is probably 6'4" in those heels. In fact, I noticed a few other actor/actress presenter pairs where the woman was taller. That's a change from the old days when they went out of their way to ensure that the guys appeared taller than the women.

It did happen repeatedly, which leads me to believe it was a deliberate choice. The strong lapels and wide bow tie helped give Craig some added presence next to the statuesque Theron.
    zaphod99 wrote:

Perhaps they go with the short hair out of convenience? Over a long shoot perhaps it’s easier to maintain a consistent look? That’s really the best I can offer. He would obviously look better with longer hair. But apart from that, he looks about as good as possible. Worlds better than he appeared at the BAFTAs in 2018.
    I wish I had a definitive answer for you as to why. I think his wide face just suits shorter styles, especially on the sides. His QOS hairstyle was great but that was filmed over a decade ago and doesn't necessarily mean he would look good with it now. Didn't he have a similar QOS style when he made headlines for his BAFTA 2018 appearance?
    HowardB wrote:

She's listed as 5ft 9 and a bit, so I doubt that she was more than 6ft 1 ish, maybe 6ft 2 at a push. Yes credit is due to Daniel as she is a wonderful Amazon type who could probably open a big can of woopass on most of us. As others have noted it's great that Daniel looked fit. He's definitely put the work in so age and condition wont be a problem.
    Number24 wrote:
    Revs1972 wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    But perhaps the cabin will be pushed out to the lake by a heavy vehicle crashing into it(there's a road right behing the cabin) or even an avalache...I would be surprised if snow and the ice on the lake isn't important in the scene.

BTW, rather than use an existing cabin, they would have built the cabin exactly how they wanted it, to allow them to light it how they wanted. There will probably be floating walls that can be removed to get better camera angles . And of course, if they can destroy it as part of the film if they want. With regards to the "scenery", When sets are built in studios they usually have a hanging backdrop which is basically a massive photograph, or they can greenscreen it.

It's very possible "the skids" are the temporary foundations for the cabin. it's the most likely reason behing it I think. But it sure would be great if the cabin ended up on the lake and startedto sink in the movie. it would reference TLD, CR and SF and at the same time it would be inovative.

I agree with the removable walls and green screen speculation. If they have it slide into the lake and Madeleine is to die in the PTS, they could mirror Vesper's Venice death.
    I actually think it would be too on the nose to have Madeline die in a drowning house. I would prefer it if she survived with Bond's help, making it a cathartic moment. Later they could break up because Bond can't stay away from a life of spying.
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    I agree. While I have joked about just killing her off, I think that would be too easy.
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
    zaphod99 wrote:
    She's listed as 5ft 9 and a bit, so I doubt that she was more than 6ft 1 ish, maybe 6ft 2 at a push. Yes credit is due to Daniel as she is a wonderful Amazon type who could probably open a big can of woopass on most of us. As others have noted it's great that Daniel looked  fit. He's definitely put the work in so age and condition wont be a problem.

She's listed anywhere from 5'9" to 5'10". As she turned to leave the podium you could see her high heels which my eagle eyed wife pointed out were at least 5" spikes, so it's not too hard to do the math. It's just a relief that Craig looks good and will have no trouble pulling off a "mature" Bond. Regarding the man they presented the Oscar to, Mahershala Ali, what a fabulous actor he is.
  • 005005 Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    Oof
    Someone wrote:
    Rami Malek wins best actor. Bond25 announcement imminent?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy4GL6RtVOk

Malek on the red carpet. No Bond reference.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERb-k5OQgtM

A trim looking DC gives Mahershala Ali the best supporting actor Oscar.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHiEzs21n0I

Walking out to the Bond theme
    https://twitter.com/showtimelimonj/status/1099857369608212480

Oof Craigs joke about Theron being able to kick his ass went down like a lead balloon..
    005 wrote:
    Oof Craigs joke about Theron being able to kick his ass went down like a lead balloon..

Hopefully the new writer, Burns, didn't write that. :))
  • DavidJonesDavidJones BermondseyPosts: 261MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    005 wrote:

Hopefully the new writer, Burns, didn't write that. :))

Craig looked awkward saying it. In fairness, all such banter is awful, and it must be really embarrassing to have to say it.
    DavidJones wrote:
    Craig looked awkward saying it. In fairness, all such banter is awful, and it must be really embarrassing to have to say it.

Well, one of the big themes of the evening was female empowerment and a little bit of self deprecating humor on the part of James Bond was a nice gesture especially in light of all the allegations of abuse and misconduct victimizing women that have plagued Hollywood in the last couple of years. It was a good opportunity for Craig to put the tux on and step out in front of a massive audience and put to rest any negative speculation as to his fitness at age 50 to still be James Bond. For all intents and purposes, it was the first commercial for Bond 25.
    POTENTIAL SPOILER!!
    https://twitter.com/JB007_news/status/1100349772727119873

The latest about what is to be filmed at the Norwegian lake shore confirms that it is Bond25 being filmed there and that filming takes place 25-31 March. If you're happy to learn about something that might be a big spoiler for Bond25, cilck on.

Meanwhile, environmentalists use Bond25 for some free publicity.
    https://www.newsinenglish.no/2019/02/26/questions-protests-fly-over-bond-film/
  • Kent007Kent007 Posts: 338MI6 Agent
    edited February 2019
    Someone wrote:
    POTENTIAL SPOILER!!
    https://twitter.com/JB007_news/status/1100349772727119873

The latest about what is to be filmed at the Norwegian lake shore confirms that it is Bond25 being filmed there and that filming takes place 25-31 March. If you're happy to learn about something that might be a big spoiler for Bond25, cilck on.

Meanwhile, environmentalists use Bond25 for some free publicity.

https://www.newsinenglish.no/2019/02/26/questions-protests-fly-over-bond-film/

I have several ideas about that tweet and what it could mean. Very interesting.
    "You are about to wake when you dream that you are dreaming"
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,157MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:
    POTENTIAL SPOILER!! If you're happy to learn about something that might be a big spoiler for Bond25, cilck on.
    Wow... If true, I believe I know what it implies. Very spoilery indeed. Totally regret reading it now! :)) :#
    Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • clublosclublos Jacksonville, FLPosts: 193MI6 Agent
    I'm glad I read it. My expectations are now even lower.