Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Not going to read any potential spoilers myself. Without even reading thes spoilers, I would caution people to not read too much into what could be completely erroneous or at best information that is out of context. I'm saying this blindly, but with EON being so cautious this time around with allowing anything to get out, it would be all the more surprising if whatever is being put out there is accurate.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    Should we make yet another thread, this time with spoiler discussions?
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:

I think that hints at spoilers should all be in this thread: https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/50732/bond-25-spoiler-news/
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,572Chief of Staff
    Matt S wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

I think that hints at spoilers should all be in this thread: https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/50732/bond-25-spoiler-news/

Probably best to do just that...people will just comment on spoilers anyway - so may as well leave it all in the one thread...
    YNWA 97
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,323Chief of Staff
    I'm going to try to avoid spoilers as much as possible, so I'll be staying out of this thread unless someone reports a post.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,572Chief of Staff
    Barbel wrote:
    I'm going to try to avoid spoilers as much as possible, so I'll be staying out of this thread unless someone reports a post.

Yes, I thought I’d be back ‘on spoiler thread duty’ :))
    YNWA 97
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Even though it's been suggested before, I may as well call it now - the film will be called Swansong
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Mr SnowMr Snow Station "J" JamaicaPosts: 1,736MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    Even though it's been suggested before, I may as well call it now - the film will be called Swansong

I'd much prefer that to Shatterhand - just my opinion of course. Craig's last performance and Madeleine Swann as a character; I suppose there are some connotations there. Not that far fetched at all and I actually like it. An affiliation with Led Zeppelin too! What's not to like? ;) -{
    "Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974; It's a scientific fact". - Homer J Simpson
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:

Swansong would be perfect.

If it does not turn out to be Craig's last it sets up the next title 'Never say Swansong again already' or 'Another day, another Swansong'

I'll get my coat.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    OGG007 wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:

I'd much prefer that to Shatterhand - just my opinion of course. Craig's last performance and Madeleine Swann as a character; I suppose there are some connotations there. Not that far fetched at all and I actually like it. An affiliation with Led Zeppelin too! What's not to like? ;) -{

Swansong, or even Shatterhand, would both work for me per se, but I'd just have a problem with either because of the whole S titles in a row. The Garden Of Death on the other hand (if they're including that aspect of course) would be so cool, I'm surprised not many others are suggesting it, it seems to be just me and Howard B... The Garden Of Death is not only Fleming, but is also very memorable, very unique, and stands out a lot. I just love it.

Shatterhand and The Death Collector would be ok and all, but, The Garden Of Death is truly the one I want!
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

I like Garden of Death and Swannsong, but the Death Collector and Shatterhand would work fine too.
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    Haha, Swannsong :)) is corny enough to work. They can call it the S-trilogy
    Ah yes, I forgot that Swann has two n's... to me, that kinda makes the title Swannsong look a little odd, but either way... The Garden Of Death please.

I also have a feeling that The Property Of A Lady might be in with a chance. Hard to say for sure though without knowing what the film will actually be about, but this focus on Madeline makes me think it might be possible.

• Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    I’m sure the film will just be called “James Bond.”
  • DavidJonesDavidJones BermondseyPosts: 261MI6 Agent

I think they will save that for when there's been another 1989-95 type break and they have to shout that it's a comeback film.
  • ToTheRightToTheRight Posts: 314MI6 Agent
    DavidJones wrote:

I think they will save that for when there's been another 1989-95 type break and they have to shout that it's a comeback film.

I think that would be B26 after a decade gap. I truly think we're in for a long wait after this next film.

I hope that NEVER happens

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    After “Jason Bourne” I doubt they’ll be a Bond film with the name “James Bond” for a very long time—they’d be far too many comparisons, callls of copying etc
    JTM wrote:
    After “Jason Bourne” I doubt they’ll be a Bond film with the name “James Bond” for a very long time—they’d be far too many comparisons, callls of copying etc

"Jason Bourne" was hardly the first. "Rocky Balboa" 10 years earlier. And so many others to do the same in between.
  • DavidJonesDavidJones BermondseyPosts: 261MI6 Agent
    ToTheRight wrote:
    DavidJones wrote:

I think that would be B26 after a decade gap. I truly think we're in for a long wait after this next film.

That would be very bad news indeed. We're already in a four and a quarter year gap.

I wouldn't be surprised if we do get one, but what makes you suspect it?
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    JTM wrote:

"Jason Bourne" was hardly the first. "Rocky Balboa" 10 years earlier. And so many others to do the same in between.

Yes, I am aware of that. I was more referring to the fact that it's an action spy film, made in the past five years, named after the main male spy character (with the initials JB) and is the latest release of a long running spy film series. Also Jason Bourne has the tag line "You Know His Name"...take from that what you will. So yes, it's definitely not the first and only film named after the main character, but it's without doubt the closest related and the one that will call the most comparisons with a film is named "James Bond", hence the mentioning of it in my last post. They won't go that title route for B25 anyway, so not to worry.
    JTM wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    JTM wrote:

Yes, I am aware of that. I was more referring to the fact that it's an action spy film, made in the past five years, named after the main male spy character (with the initials JB) and is the latest release of a long running spy film series. Also Jason Bourne has the tag line "You Know His Name"...take from that what you will. So yes, it's definitely not the first and only film named after the main character, but it's without doubt the closest related and the one that will call the most comparisons with a film is named "James Bond", hence the mentioning of it in my last post. They won't go that title route for B25 anyway, so not to worry.

I see why you'd compare it to Bourne. The Bond films were not ashamed to copy Bourne and other popular film series during Craig's run, so I don't think comparisons would scare them away. I hope you're right that they won't go that route for Bond 25, or any future Bond films. I'm sure you're right that they won't use it for Bond 25, and it makes more sense (if any at all) for the next reboot. I hope that the film companies have realised what a joke that kind of title has become now.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    If the latest report from Variety is true (see the Factual News thread) and they are really looking for two additional female leads, that calls into question the scope of Seydoux’s role.

One thing that hasn’t been mentioned much is the possibility that she shows up later in the film, perhaps in an unexpected way, after being estranged from Bond for some period of time. Kind of like Rebecca Feeguson’s character in Fallout. We all knew she was in it - the question was when and how she would figure into the proceedings. If Swann isn’t in the film just to get murdered (and this is so obvious and lazy I hope it doesn’t happen), then there’s not much value from a storytelling perspective in having her and Bond together when the film starts.
    Seriously if it's called James Bond or 007 or any other crap like that, I will be so pissed off.

The "trend" of naming films after the main character is really, really stupid, and it makes me so angry!

Jarvio wrote:
    Seriously if it's called James Bond or 007 or any other crap like that, I will be so pissed off.

The "trend" of naming films after the main character is really, really stupid, and it makes me so angry!

I feel you on this. And if The Fast and the Furious films didn't all have lazy titles, calling the fourth film "Fast and Furious" is a similar kind of thing. Also, bands having multiple self-titled albums is similarly frustrating.

Lots of casual Bond fans call for remakes of Bond films. We've had quite a few remakes of Bond films, but never direct remakes within the series. I hope any future remakes in the Bond series have enough sense to at least retitle the film.
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent
    edited February 2019
    Matt S wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:

I feel you on this. And if The Fast and the Furious films didn't all have lazy titles, calling the fourth film "Fast and Furious" is a similar kind of thing. Also, bands having multiple self-titled albums is similarly frustrating.

Lots of casual Bond fans call for remakes of Bond films. We've had quite a few remakes of Bond films, but never direct remakes within the series. I hope any future remakes in the Bond series have enough sense to at least retitle the film.

To be fair, Fast & Furious did that as marketing: it reunited Diesel and Walker (most of the OG crew) for the first time in almost a decade, so they were building up the hype using a familiar name.

And it worked beautifully.

Bond doesn't need that; it's got plenty of awesome\over the top\epic\enigmatic titles it can use!
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • Kent007Kent007 Posts: 338MI6 Agent
    Is it just me who's starting to get really excited? Feels like the news about Bond 25 is starting to bubble nicely ahead of production. More and more bits of info emerging day by day.
    "You are about to wake when you dream that you are dreaming"
    Yes, things are looking up :007)

According to the Norwegian newspaper VG the press conference wil be at Pinewood on Monday.

https://www.vg.no/rampelys/film/i/3jnqnA/james-bond-i-norge-dette-vet-vi
  • Arbogast777Arbogast777 Minneapolis Posts: 252MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Yes, things are looking up :007)

According to the Norwegian newspaper VG the press conference wil be at Pinewood on Monday.

https://www.vg.no/rampelys/film/i/3jnqnA/james-bond-i-norge-dette-vet-vi

I'm inclined to believe the Variety article which says the main roles haven't been cast yet. They're not going to do a press conference without a cast.