Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    I fee like EON has become fatigued by their own franchise after Spectre.

I actually think the fatigue set in after Skyfall. As we all know it was well-received and made a ton of money and there was probably a sense of “how do we top this?” The answer was not to try. Instead, they needed to recast Bond and go small. Easy to say with the benefit of hindsight, I realize. But Mendes’ decision to prematurely age Craig’s Bond painted them into a very difficult spot creatively. All signs point to the fact that they can’t get out of that corner. I fully expect Bond 25 to cover a lot of the same ground as Skyfall.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    I fee like EON has become fatigued by their own franchise after Spectre.

I actually think the fatigue set in after Skyfall. As we all know it was well-received and made a ton of money and there was probably a sense of “how do we top this?” The answer was not to try. Instead, they needed to recast Bond and go small. Easy to say with the benefit of hindsight, I realize. But Mendes’ decision to prematurely age Craig’s Bond painted them into a very difficult spot creatively. All signs point to the fact that they can’t get out of that corner. I fully expect Bond 25 to cover a lot of the same ground as Skyfall.

Recasting Bond after SF IMO is a bit on the extreme end of things IMO. I agree that Mendes went a bit far by playing the age card but then again I don't know if it was so much age but the world changing, Bond being a dinosour (ala GE) and M's screw up. Plus, in the last scene in SF they pretty much reestablish Bond's relevancy and renewal. Anyway, IMO where they went wrong with SPECTRE was bringing Mendes back. If you think you have run out of ideas, why would you bring back a director who said he was out of ideas....kind of the definition of insanity? Mendes didn't really have anything so he fell back on Bond's "past" and homage and done in a clumsy manner. Despite all the crazy, I actually have a feeling that Bond 26 will at least be a much better Bond film and much better film in general than SPECTRE primarily based upon Fukunaga and his track record plus the pattern of EON typically following a misfire with a bulls eye.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,819MI6 Agent
    Making Craig's third Bond film about Bond aging was an odd decision, but it was a good movie. The main mistakes was re-hiring Mendes (who insisits on making his Bond movies about Bond's feelings and past) and introducing SPECTRE and Blofeld at once.
    They should have made Craig's two last movies standalone films that focused on the mission. Then they could have slowly re-introduced SPECTRE and Blofeld to the series with an new actor in the lead.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    The worst thing Spectre did was retcon the interconnectedness of Craig’s Bond films. If Spectre had stood alone, Skyfall would have also stood alone, and we would now have a chance for a stand alone Bond 25. Now, Bond 25 basically has to be connected (and we know it is in some respect since we’ve got more Swann). And that makes it a weaker film from the jump because Spectre’s version of universe building was so forced and clumsy that it has soured many fans on the entire concept. My hope is that Fukunaga is talented enough to avoid being weighed down by it.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Barbara Broccoli signed this last night....thanks to Gus Weber and Indian Grace for the heads up.

babs.jpg
    Does this qualify for the Factual News thread? :))
    I would say probably factual, but I like this thread...call me nostalgic...here is a pic of India Grace right after she received the autograph:

india.jpg
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    edited March 2019
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Barbara Broccoli signed this last night....thanks to Gus Weber and Indian Grace for the heads up.

babs.jpg

So the title is not Shatterhand then?

I would be relieved, but at the same time, I really want The Garden Of Death story, so I hope that's a part of it.... or am I dreaming there? Have there been any rumours of shooting in Japan?
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Arbogast777Arbogast777 Minneapolis Posts: 252MI6 Agent

babs.jpg

Can you even imagine what a collectors item that will be 20 years from now? My goodness...
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 361MI6 Agent
    ggl007 wrote:
    nJUnRem.jpg

5gtl8GJ.jpg

Any chance of video from the event?
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
    I think this is good news. Shatterhand wasn't a very good title and apparently many in central Europe associate that name with an old western character. There are several titles that can be used for that plotline anyway.
    Begin wreckless speculation in 3... 2... 1...

053-D9-FAA-68-C3-4-A90-9856-7-C6-CC6706-C04.jpg
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Begin wreckless speculation in 3... 2... 1...

053-D9-FAA-68-C3-4-A90-9856-7-C6-CC6706-C04.jpg

Excuse my ignorance but what Bond related speculation can be generated from a pic of Malik and David Harbour at an ice hockey game in NY??
    JTM wrote:
    Excuse my ignorance but what Bond related speculation can be generated from a pic of Malik and David Harbour at an ice hockey game in NY??

That Gregory Beam will be in Bond 25. It's already a thing...

465149-B4-F9-B0-4746-BD5-F-3-A3-D994-FF4-DA.jpg
    I'm pretty certain the background to that picture is simply they're just both fans of NYC sports teams—over the years they've both been pictured in the "famous/rich people sections" at many games (ice hockey, basketball) in NY. I wouldn't read too much into it. Buuuuut I wouldn't mind if Gregory Beam is back in B25 if it means that Leiter comes back with him.
    JTM wrote:
    I'm pretty certain the background to that picture is simply they're just both fans of NYC sports teams—over the years they've both been pictured in the "famous/rich people sections" at many games (ice hockey, basketball) in NY. I wouldn't read too much into it.

You're taking it way more seriously than I intended it to be. I only posted it for a laugh, nothing more.
    Oops...I hadn't seen that Beam rumour before so I assumed you were starting a genuine discussion about the possibility. Anyway, Harbour is great from what i've seen of Stranger Things and I would't object to him coming back to Bond. I'd like to see a bit of cooperation with foreign services in B25.
    edited March 2019
    Here is the first video from the Langvann location. Bond expert Morten Steingrimsen skied to the lake and observed the activity With binoculars. It looked like people were putting fake snow in the trees. More interestingly a procession of cars arrived With passengers in suits, and Morten believed he saw Michael Wilson. The article says Steingrimsen recognized "several of the producers". About 50-60 people were at the location, so have fun searching for faces you know. We can also see the cabin is painted and the roof is finished. Two cars and a large smoke machine are on the lake.

https://www.tv2.no/a/10456730
    Have a look/listen to this news piece done in Norway and you might recognize a certain Morten! https://www.tv2.no/a/10456730/?fbclid=IwAR2tXWOQ_cCXtYdgc-nXhH4PSyoruTRLFlAXoJM-jElK3BvDCoaqWwCbf_M
    The video is the same as the one in the article I just posted. I just mention this because I'm extremely upset Jamesbondexperience doesn't read my posts, and not (as you might think) because I want to save time for other members ;)
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,417Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:
    The video is the same as the one in the article I just posted. I just mention this because I'm extremely upset Jamesbondexperience doesn't read my posts, and not (as you might think) because I want to save time for other members ;)

He might be upset that you got his screen name wrong! :D
    Wow, THAT made you extremely upset? I didn't see your post before I posted this as I had the page open and ready to post until Morten gave me "the go"....
    Number24 wrote:
    I was just joking, The Bond Experience. All is well :D
    edited March 2019
    Number24 wrote:
    Here is the first video from the Langvann location. Bond expert Morten Steingrimsen skied to the lake and observed the activity With binoculars. It looked like people were putting fake snow in the trees. More interestingly a procession of cars arrived With passengers in suits, and Morten believed he saw Michael Wilson. The article says Steingrimsen recognized "several of the producers". About 50-60 people were at the location, so have fun searching for faces you know. We can also see the cabin is painted and the roof is finished. Two cars and a large smoke machine are on the lake.

Very cool!
    It looks like they might even be doing a few pre-filming running-though/positioning of scenes at the location, with smoke being sprayed around cars and rescue divers dressed in full kit (assuming that means people are in the water?).
    Things are really starting to happen production wise now—my excitement is soaring :D
    I think it's reasonable to think management was visiting the location to check everything was running according to schedule. Putting fake snow on the trees makes sense because that's were snow melts first and I don't think more snow can be expected to fall in the coming weeks. I'd guess what's next are finishing touches on the cabin, removing vehicles and generally making the area look untouched by the building process.
  • Kent007Kent007 Posts: 338MI6 Agent
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6771427/Danny-Boyle-quit-director-25th-James-Bond-film-bosses-wouldnt-let-KILL-007.html

An interesting article on the Daily Mail website about why Boyle parted ways and what he wanted to do.
    "You are about to wake when you dream that you are dreaming"
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Kent007 wrote:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6771427/Danny-Boyle-quit-director-25th-James-Bond-film-bosses-wouldnt-let-KILL-007.html

An interesting article on the Daily Mail website about why Boyle parted ways and what he wanted to do.

Love how they talk more about hair dye :))
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    JTM wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Very cool!
    It looks like they might even be doing a few pre-filming running-though/positioning of scenes at the location, with smoke being sprayed around cars and rescue divers dressed in full kit (assuming that means people are in the water?).
    Things are really starting to happen production wise now—my excitement is soaring :D

It's time i asked: How do you make that …. spoiler thing, wise Master?
    Number24 wrote:
    JTM wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Very cool!

It's time i asked: How do you make that …. spoiler thing, wise Master?

You just need to put "spoiler" between square brackets at the start of the text you want to cover and then "/spoiler" between square brackets after it :)