Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Yeah...would make more sense to have Malek play Tamil Rahani.

That would be a nice move. Btw: I‘m not opposed to having „Role of honor“ or „Nobody lives for ever“ as the title.

Neither am I...but Honour would need the correct spelling :v :D

Close but no cigar :007)
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
    On a side note: Does anybody think there‘s a chance of Craig appearing in future 007-documentaries when his tenure is over?

• SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,547MI6 Agent
    25 days to 5 April.

23 days to earliest, IMHO, possible start of filming press conference on 3 April.

That is all.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    On a side note: Does anybody think there‘s a chance of Craig appearing in future 007-documentaries when his tenure is over?

I think he’d do it for Babs. But we won’t see him doing something like Happy Anniversary 007.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    New Norwegian filming location, Lutvann.
    https://vartoslo.no/hemmelig-james-bond-innspilling-ogsa-ved-lutvann-vektere-pastar-staten-tar-vannprover/

Apparently 700 metres of ski slope have been roped off.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Hmm, very interesting. Is that a section of broken ice that's been fenced off? Wonder what that's going to be used for.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,842MI6 Agent
    edited March 2019
    Actually it doesn't say 700 meters of ski slope is being cordoned off, it's been replaced by a road. An easy translation mistake to make, I suppose. Just like Langvann this lake is in the forrests around Oslo, but this lake is much nearer to the capital. The size of the lake and the landscape around it are much the same as Langvann, at least as far as I know. I too wonder about the hole made in the ice. Good find, Someone :007)
    edited March 2019
    This is a translation done by QBranch in the MI6Community, but I've made some minor corrections:

Secret James Bond recording also at Lutvann? The municipality refuses to say what is happening

Within Østmarka's conservation zone at Lutvann, barriers and large tents have been set up. The urban environment agency refuses to say what's going on. Is James Bond recording moved from Nittedal to Lutvann in Oslo?

By Arnsten Linstad March 11, 2019 23:17

[(Top photo description): Large tent with barriers and guard is set up within the safety zone at Lutvann. - We cannot say anything about what is happening, says Communications Director Richard Kongsteien in the urban environment agency. Photo: Steinar Saghaug]

The preparations for recording the new James Bond movie, titled "Bond 25", have been underway for a while. In February this year it became known that admission was to be made in Nittedal, right on the municipal border to Oslo.

However, abnormal activity at Lutvann now suggests that the story of Her Majesty's secret agent 007 will also take place in the Østmarka forrest in Oslo.

- Last week, large barriers were set up on the ice at Lutvann. About 700 meters of the ski slope are now removed and replaced by a road. In addition, large tents have been set up in Østmarka, Steinar Saghaug tells VårtOslo.

Reactions to strict security guards.

Steinar Saghaug is not anyone. As a long-time AP politician, he has, among other things, been an environmental and transport agency in Oslo. With top political responsibility for precisely the administration of Østmarka .

The experienced Ap politician is also a long-time leader of the association Østmarkas Venner, and therefore knows Marka better than most.

- I enjoy the James Bond movies, and will not stand up to the film being shot by the Queen of all Markas waters, Lutvann. But I respond to being greeted by brash watchmen who obviously lie when they claim that state water samples are being taken, says one stated Saghaug.

[(photo description): Close to the fenced area at Lutvann, large tents have been set up within the Conservation zone in Østmarka . Photo: Steinar Saghaug]

- The municipality of Oslo and the city environment agency must be able to inform people properly that permits have been given here, and that everything happens in orderly form. I have nothing against that spectacular scenes are filmed in the spectacular nature we have here in Oslo. Only that does not harm nature and is properly cleaned up afterwards, says Saghaug.

The Pulpit ended up in India

But whether or not a new James Bond movie provides good advertising for the Oslomarka remains to be seen. When Tom Cruise filmed action scenes for "Mission Impossible 6" in Rogaland, the spectacular the Pulpit eventually ended up in India when the film was launched, Dagbladet told.

The movie with Daniel Craig as 007 has a working title of "Bond 25", and is awarded NOK 47 million in so-called incentive grants to be partly played in Norway. The incentive scheme for film provides a 25 percent refund of expenses for international film recordings in Norway, writes NTB in connection with the recordings in Nittedal. Thus, the film recording will apparently leave NOK 188 million here on land if the entire grant is used.

[(photo description): At Langvann in Nordmarka, on the border between Oslo and Nittedal, a house is built which is likely to be used in recording a James Bond movie. Photo: Håkon Mosvold Larsen / NTB scanpix]

According to the film scene IMDB, the film will be premiered in February 2020, and is the 25th of the series on agent 007, which is produced by Albert R. Broccoli's film company. Sean Connery's "comeback" as Bond in the 1983 recording "Never Say Never Again" is not included because Broccoli did not have the rights to the script.

VårtOslo has sent a message to the city environment agency's communications director Richard Kongsteien and asked if the agency is familiar with what is happening at Lutvann in Østmarka.

- Guards not engaged by the municipality

[(photo description): Communications director Richar Kongsteien in the urban environment agency. Photo: Oslo municipality]

- Yes, we know what happens. But because those who drive to have control over the information about their project, we cannot say anything about it now, writes Kongsteien.

- But brusque, unpleasant guards tell the public that "state water samples" are being taken. There are 50,000 people living in the immediate vicinity of Lutvann, and this type of information is suitable to scare people. How can the urban environment agency live with that guards scare people with obvious lies? Is this recording of a James Bond movie?

- I can't say anything about what's going on. But state water samples are completely unknown and sound very strange. There are no guards engaged by us, so it is difficult to comment beyond that it was a very strange answer, writes Richard Kongsteien in a text message to VårtOslo.

- But this is within the safety zone in the eastern part of the country and so subject to strict rules and requirements. Even minimal tree harvest is duly advertised and informed. Now, instead, people are frightened by watchmen. And the top information responsibility lies well with the urban environment agency? Is it given the necessary permits for activity within the safety zone?

- I totally agree that the information responsibility lies with us. But can't say anything more now. I work to get VårtOslo a contact person for the project. Then I will answer questions about the safety zone and risk assessment when the project is finished, writes Kongsteien.

Eventually had to admit filming

The secret film about recording a Bond film is known from Nittedal in February. Local media have repeatedly tried to get Nittedal municipality involved in the construction activity. Both the county governor in Oslo and Viken, Nittedal's mayor, information manager and others responsible in the municipality refuse to tell what is going on, wrote Dagbladet last month.

[(photo description): - I take all reservations, and do not know if this is a movie recording. But something is happening at Lutvann, and it should be possible for the city environment agency and the Oslo municipality to be informed about it in a better and more appropriate way, ”says long-standing AP politician and market advocate Steinar Saghaug. Photo: Steinar Saghaug]

But in the end, however, it was confirmed from Nittedal municipality to Aftenposten that films will be recorded at the newly built cottage at Langvann in Nordmarka.

According to the newspaper, employees of the film production company True North have stayed in the area. These shall be responsible for facilitating "Bond 25" in Norway. The film recording will probably take place in much of March, writes NTB.

Now, there is much to suggest that Lutvann in Oslo will also be used for recording scenes in the new James Bond film. But if this is the case, Steinar Saghaug is not particularly impressed with the way the urban environment agency and the Oslo municipality comply with their information responsibility.

Open about Italy filming

- I take all reservations, and do not know if this is a movie recording. But something is happening, and it should have been possible for the City Environment Agency and the City of Oslo to be informed in a better and more appropriate way.

- Made in the right way, people would have a ownership of the movie that may be recorded. It is positive that Lutvann and Østmarka are used in film recording. But it is not good that hikers are greeted by brusque guards. This could have been done in a much better way, says the Ap-veteran and the long-standing market leader Steinar Saghaug.

[(photo description): Last week, fences were erected on the ice that lies above Lutvann. About 700 meters of the ski slope from the Lutvann camp has been removed and replaced with paved road for cars. Photo: Steinar Saghaug]

According to the industry magazine Variety, the production company behind the 25th James Bond movie is preparing to record also in southern Italy. Variety writes that agent 007 will reside in the city of Matera in March. A city that received the UNESCO World Heritage status in 1993, and also parts of the Ben Hur recording with Charlton Heston took place in 1959. Mel Gibson's highly controversial film Passion of Christ was also recorded in Matera in 2004.

Leakages and the Gate to Romerike

In Italy, the recording of the new James Bond movie is not associated with as much secrecy as in Norway. Opposite the industry magazine Variety, the Italy recording is confirmed by a producer in the production company for the 007 film adaptation.

- Those of us who remember the leaks in the groundwater zone at Lutvann and Puttjern in the 1990s when the Gate to Ronmerike tunnel was built, are naturally on guard every time we see something abnormal at Lutvann, says Steinar Saghaug.

- Therefore, it is also worthy of criticism that the urban environment agency and the Oslo municipality do not provide proper information. But if Lutvann really is the scene of the recording of James Bond, then of course I'm looking forward to watching the film, concluding the long-standing market champion and the AP politician.

(Note: AP is The Labour Party)
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,169MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    This is a translation done by QBranch in the MI6Community, but I've made some minor corrections:
    @QBranch is me, by the way ;) Thanks for fixing the translation, simply done with Google, although I think the 'India' sub-heading is incorrect, and should be restored to 'Profitable to film in Norway', considering the paragraph that follows discusses this.

I'm surprised the article hasn't garnered any interest whatsoever over on MI6 - I found the photos with the ice blocks particularly intriguing. Just what is going on there? They all look the same size and shape - are they the 'samples' mentioned in the article, or part of the set?
    Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    First of all: good work with the translation :)
    Understanding and tranlating a post based on Google Translate can be a challenge. I think my translation about the Pulpit was right, but a paragraph in the origional text about this rock slipped past you. This can easily happen when copying and pasting bits and pieces into Translate. I put it back in in my version.

I too think the hole in the ice and the square ice blocks are interesting. I don't think they are supposed to be in the movie, they are simply to square and unnatural-looking. The "samples" was a amatourish lie to cover up the fct that it's for a movie. They said tehy were taking samples of the water for testing. I would be very surprised if Lutvann isn't being used for the same scene as the Langvann location. My theory is that Lutvann and the hole there is ment for filming the stunt part of the scene, where a car breaks through the ice. I can't believe the whole production has been moved from Langvann to Lutvann, the cabin set is practically commplete. The two lakes aren't that far apart, I doubt the ice on Langvann has become too thin while it's fine on Lutvann.
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,169MI6 Agent
    Okay, I see that Tom Cruise paragraph in the article now. I swear to God that wasn't there when I originally copied over to translate, as I copied it all over at once, and still have my original translation saved in Notepad. That paragraph has clearly been added in later, and the original sub-heading of 'Profitable to film in Norway' now changed to the India one. Mandela effect perhaps?

Anyway, that broken ice looks kinda weird - looks like a heap of single bed mattresses painted white. :))
    What you write about the paragraph is probably what happened.
    The ice blocks seem to be the size and shape of matresses, I see that now. :))
    One thing's for sure, they're not ment to look like naturally broken ice.

Fun fact: the references about the Romerike Gate is from the 1990's. A New Train tunnel was being buildt underneath the lake, but the rock was so porous the lake was partly drained and the water ended up in the tunnel. the problem is fixed now.
    edited March 2019
    Interesting. A train tunnel under the lake. Sounds like something we'd see in a Bond film. Just hope we don't actually get a train crashing through, as that's been done. :p
    Daniel Craig was still in New York two days ago - 10 March 2019.
    https://www.instagram.com/harrisgthomas/

Found on The Other Place.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:
    Daniel Craig was still in New York two days ago - 10 March 2019.
    https://www.instagram.com/harrisgthomas/

Found on The Other Place.

Craig was there to star in the reading of a play. I'm sure he'll be where he's needed when Bond 25 filming starts.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • LicencetochatLicencetochat Posts: 71MI6 Agent
    Do you guys think they have finaly decided the title now, and just waiting for the press conference? Or is there still a chance they don’t have a clue? :s
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    They seem to know what it is.
  • LicencetochatLicencetochat Posts: 71MI6 Agent
    They seem to know what it is.

Hoping the reveal is just around the corner now!
    The Daily Mail, in its Bond gets electric Aston Martin story (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6802169/Daniel-Craig-drive-250-000-electric-Aston-Martin-James-Bond-film.html), claims to know the plot of Bond25, which it also says has a working title of Shatterhand. And it's not a Baz Bamigboye story, so make of that what you will...

I didn't know if this should be treated as spoiler news or rumour, so I've put it in a spoiler black box. It's up to you...
    The plot sees Bond as he hunts down Ernst Starvo Blofeld in the Swiss Alps, which lead to suggestions from fans that Christoph Waltz would be returning as the character after he played the part in Spectre.

My only non-spoiler comment is, this will be a location we have yet to hear about.
  • Kent007Kent007 Posts: 338MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:

Didn't expect to see a Leeds hat on this forum!! :))
    Someone wrote:
    The Daily Mail, in its Bond gets electric Aston Martin story (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6802169/Daniel-Craig-drive-250-000-electric-Aston-Martin-James-Bond-film.html), claims to know the plot of Bond25, which it also says has a working title of Shatterhand. And it's not a Baz Bamigboye story, so make of that what you will....

This seems plausible and all too predictable. But at the same time, I'm not sure how anyone outside of EON can know the plot for sure given all the changes behind the scenes.
    "You are about to wake when you dream that you are dreaming"
    Deciding on so minor things like Bond‘s car being eco-friendly seems just whacky given the troublesome road B25 is currently on...

The focus should not be on things like that, Mr. Fukunaga!

Deciding on so minor things like Bond‘s car being eco-friendly seems just whacky given the troublesome road B25 is currently on...

Get what you mean but we're only weeks away for the start of shooting so I bet most of the major things have been sorted right now. And I imagine getting the car arranged is one of the first things they try to do as I bet it'll be a big deal to sign.
    Kent007 wrote:

Get what you mean but we're only weeks away for the start of shooting so I bet most of the major things have been sorted right now. And I imagine getting the car arranged is one of the first things they try to do as I bet it'll be a big deal to sign.

I do hope so, another delay would be crucial :#
    Hope the press conference will be very soon, we‘re all in desperate need for information.

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    How far in advance do they usually announce the press conference date and time?
    JTM wrote:
    How far in advance do they usually announce the press conference date and time?

Twitter account @Bond25Film has claimed 2 days notice, but that seems very short to me.
    https://twitter.com/Bond25Film/status/1100828405665275905

For Spectre, on 22 November 2014, the Daily Mail reported that the press conference would occur in the first week of December, which it did, 3 December, 11 days later, which was also the first day of filming.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2845621/You-weren-t-expecting-007-BLOFELD-S-Bond-having-kittens-evil-foe-returns-double-Oscar-winner-Christoph-Waltz-tipped-play-him.html

If the Bond25 start of filming press conference is Friday 5 April then 11 days before then is Monday 25 March. So, we could know in 12 days time when the press conference is.
    edited March 2019
    Fiennes expects to film in May or June.

Ralph Fiennes tells UK TV he hasn't seen the script, hasn't been given a start date, but he expects to be filming in May/June.
    https://home.bt.com/news/showbiz-news/filming-for-next-bond-film-could-begin-as-early-as-may-says-ralph-fiennes-11364344816869

Here is The Lorraine show twitter account saying Fiennes would be a guest today.
    https://twitter.com/lorraine/status/1105539705322553352

I can't find any video online so far.

The episodes of The Lorraine show can be found here. They're geo--locked.
    https://www.itv.com/hub/lorraine/1a9360a2363

Video of Fiennes' interview has just gone up on the Lorraine Show Youtube channel.
    https://youtu.be/m0Tvychqmwg
  • Arbogast777Arbogast777 Minneapolis Posts: 252MI6 Agent
    Don't forget the QoS press conference happened 3 weeks after filming started, so anything is possible...
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,745MI6 Agent
    Kent007 wrote:

I do hope so, another delay would be crucial :#
    Hope the press conference will be very soon, we‘re all in desperate need for information.

Whether true or not, I wouldn't worry about the car thing. It's not going to have any impact on the release date. All indications are that things are coming together, but of course with the difficult route Bond 25 has taken with delays, etc and the general lack of concrete information, it's doesn't take much to get people worried.
    What I find interesting is that nobody seems to have any idea about whether Waltz is coming back or not. I do wonder if Malek is perhaps the villain of the film but Blofeld will still have a part to play, a bit like they did in the early Connery days with Dr No/Largo.
    I also think that given the whole twist in SPECTRE wasn't well received, and it was obvious who Waltz was actually playing, they could be doing all they can to keep his involvement secret so it's actually a surprise for most people.