Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,546MI6 Agent
    Don't forget the QoS press conference happened 3 weeks after filming started, so anything is possible...

If they start filming in Norway on 25 March, 5 April is almost two weeks, 12 days, after, so, that would echo Quantum's dates.
    22 days until 5 April.
    UK tabloid The Sun says Norway sets are going to be blown up, probably an easy guess for a Bond film...
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/8640275/james-bond-explosions-norway-forests/

I had read in earlier Norwegian Norway reports that environmentalists had a problem with the filming but I think that was simply the fact that there was filming, not that Norway's forests were going to be immolated.

The article also touches on something else and my speculation might be spoilerish, so;
    The story may reveal a new filming location as it says: "Makers have a licence to film in the stunning woodland in the Trehorningen area of Akershus County in southern Norway," and this seems to be some distance from where they are constructing the sets. Also, and maybe this is a coincidence, but there is an Akershus castle/fortress - are we seeing an element of YOLT moved from Japan to Europe?

Hilariously the last sentence in The Sun article says Bond25 will be out in April, they forgot to add 2020!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,835MI6 Agent
    edited March 2019
    Trehørningen seems to be a farm near the Langvann location. if we look at the map of ares cordoned off for filming, I think Trehørningen is the cluster of buildings to the left inside the cordon: https://g.acdn.no/obscura/API/dynamic/r1/ece5/tr_524_421_l_f/0000/vari/2019/3/13/14/Skjermbilde%2B2019-03-13%2Bkl.%2B13.09.49.jpg?chk=552392
    the farm may just be inside the cordon because it's an obvious place for fans or especially journalists to observe the filming from. the farm could also be used to park vehicles and equipment. but Trehørningen fam is a nice looking place: https://www.skiforeningen.no/img/publish/7155.jpg
    The blue line is a ski track.
    Akershus is a castle in Oslo, but also the name of the county north of the capital where the locations are.
    Fun fact: the headquarters of the military inteligence service is only a few hundred meters from the Lutvann location :D
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 675MI6 Agent
    edited March 2019
    If Malek is an operated Waltz as Blofeld, that would be just as dumbas the foster-brother stroy.

A 60yo alters his face into a 30yo? Gettin‘ a DAD vibe here (not that it‘s a bad thing), just saying as the producers were so desperate to get away from rhat. :D

I would always wonder, how could the foster brother story be "Fixed?"

One interesting method that could:

1. Serve as the continuation of Blofeld in this new continuity
    2. Allow for Christoph Waltz to not reprise his role if he doesn't want to
    3. Keep with the tradition of a new Blofeld every movie
    4. Retcon the whole foster brother thing people didn't enjoy

Here it is: there is no Blofeld. It would be an Iron Man 3-esque twist.

The Blofeld in Spectre wasn't really Bond's foster brother; he was just someone using Bond's past to torment him for all the times Bond stopped Spectre\Quantum's plans.

The Blofeld now is Rami Malek (who is maybe masquerading as a young 00 desk agent) going after Madeleine Swann to torment Bond for stopping the last Blofeld, which was a huge blow to Spectre, as Bond heard many interesting details during the Rome meeting that he would've followed up on, not to mention the corruption of the Nine Eyes program he prevented.

(Blofeld uses Bond's past in Spectre to torment him; Blofeld captures\kills Madeleine in the next movie to torment him)

Then after Malek is captured or killed, there's someone else waiting in line, with an entirely new identity, perhaps someone from Bond's past who claims to know the truth about his parents, perhaps someone from M's/Q's past?

Blofeld basically uses something personal to Bond to torment him: his past, his current relationship with his lover and his co-workers.

All while the real Blofeld, the real head of Spectre, lurks in the shadows.

A true spectre. A ghost. Nobody knows his identity. He does business in and through the shadows. Just like the villain in Iron Man 3 who explains his methodology: he rules behind the scenes, in the shadows, while he gives the people a hired face to have a target (and to maintain his anonymity).

And like I said, it would keep with the tradition of a new Blofeld every movie.... something tells me you don't cast Christoph Waltz with the plan to only use him as Blofeld for one movie.

It would be like the mirror image reverse James Bond is a Code Name theory.

Like Iron Man 3, this could either be developed into a brilliant idea, or can be a source of absolute hatred and vocal criticism. lol

Or maybe, which I think is a far more likely scenario, the producers (especially Craig) all agree that Spectre's foster brother plot was a massive Backfire (yup) and they're just carrying on like it never happened.

But this is an idea I've thought about for a while; I'm in no way shape or form affiliated with any movie production anywhere.... perhaps it's got a kernel of a good idea, perhaps it's absolute stupidity. You be the judge, folks!
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 420MI6 Agent
    If Malek is an operated Waltz as Blofeld, that would be just as dumbas the foster-brother stroy.

A 60yo alters his face into a 30yo? Gettin‘ a DAD vibe here (not that it‘s a bad thing), just saying as the producers were so desperate to get away from rhat. :D

I would always wonder, how could the foster brother story be "Fixed?"

One interesting method that could:

1. Serve as the continuation of Blofeld in this new continuity
    2. Allow for Christoph Waltz to not reprise his role if he doesn't want to
    3. Keep with the tradition of a new Blofeld every movie
    4. Retcon the whole foster brother thing people didn't enjoy

Here it is: there is no Blofeld. It would be an Iron Man 3-esque twist.

The Blofeld in Spectre wasn't really Bond's foster brother; he was just someone using Bond's past to torment him for all the times Bond stopped Spectre\Quantum's plans.

The Blofeld now is Rami Malek (who is maybe masquerading as a young 00 desk agent) going after Madeleine Swann to torment Bond for stopping the last Blofeld, which was a huge blow to Spectre, as Bond heard many interesting details during the Rome meeting that he would've followed up on, not to mention the corruption of the Nine Eyes program he prevented.

(Blofeld uses Bond's past in Spectre to torment him; Blofeld captures\kills Madeleine in the next movie to torment him)

Then after Malek is captured or killed, there's someone else waiting in line, with an entirely new identity, perhaps someone from Bond's past who claims to know the truth about his parents, perhaps someone from M's/Q's past?

Blofeld basically uses something personal to Bond to torment him: his past, his current relationship with his lover and his co-workers.

All while the real Blofeld, the real head of Spectre, lurks in the shadows.

A true spectre. A ghost. Nobody knows his identity. He does business in and through the shadows. Just like the villain in Iron Man 3 who explains his methodology: he rules behind the scenes, in the shadows, while he gives the people a hired face to have a target (and to maintain his anonymity).

And like I said, it would keep with the tradition of a new Blofeld every movie.... something tells me you don't cast Christoph Waltz with the plan to only use him as Blofeld for one movie.

It would be like the mirror image reverse James Bond is a Code Name theory.

Like Iron Man 3, this could either be developed into a brilliant idea, or can be a source of absolute hatred and vocal criticism. lol

Or maybe, which I think is a far more likely scenario, the producers (especially Craig) all agree that Spectre's foster brother plot was a massive Backfire (yup) and they're just carrying on like it never happened.

But this is an idea I've thought about for a while; I'm in no way shape or form affiliated with any movie production anywhere.... perhaps it's got a kernel of a good idea, perhaps it's absolute stupidity. You be the judge, folks!

I can think of another possibility: Oberhauser was never Blofeld.

He WAS Bond's foster brother, he HAD a grudge against him and was obsessed, but all the "it was me all along" was a complete fabrication. Quantum was a branch of Spectre, but Silva had acted on his own and there was no behind the scenes orchestration. The REAL Blofeld fed Oberhauser's obsession and helped him fabricate his tale in order to shoot Bond off balance and ideally eliminating him, as he was aware he could be a potential obstacle for Spectre.

By having Bond and MI6 believe both Quantum and Spectre had been taken care of, they could continue operating in the shadows with ease.

What Bond saw in Rome was a play: Lucia Sciarra led him to a fabricated meeting, either knowingly or unknowingly. Blofeld let Oberhouser play him, and even lost the Morocco base on purpose just to lose dead weight.

I'd have Malek be another lieutenant and keep the real Blofeld a mystery for another movie or two, or just as a trope for the future.

That way you can keep Spectre going on, you can do independent, done-in-one movies unrelated to the Spectre storyline, and you can even "kill" them and let them resurface as Echelon, like in the excellent Dynamite comic.

Just my two cents... I mean, pennies.
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    That might work. With Lucia being Blofeld all along.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • 005005 Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    I'd find a 'Blofeld was X not Oberhauser all along' to be very on the nose. I think they've made their bed and have to sleep in it.

The best thing for them to do is either not revisit Blofeld until Bond 26 or later and reboot him again, or hve him return in Bond 25 with Waltz, but not mention the whole step brother thing. They could talk about how they knew each other but not make reference to the family aspect of it. They weren't really brothers anyway - Bond merely lived with the Oberhausers for a brief period before and after being fostered elsewhere.

OR; just thought about this while writing the above... They could explain the 'fostered by oberhauser who was Blofeld's dad' by having James' parents be a part of Spectre or even having started Spectre along with Oberhauser Sr. Then it would make sense that Blofeld and James cross paths when they were younger, and for James to be fostered by Blofeld's dad. I'm not sure if this makes the 'twist' better or worse. I think it at least makes it more believable.
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 420MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    That might work. With Lucia being Blofeld all along.
    :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
    Why not continue using the Blofeld character, but never mentioning the foster brother story ever again? The simple solutions are often the best.
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 361MI6 Agent
    For me, the real crime was Oberhauser’s motivation for leading Spectre was that James got in the way of him and his father. They could fix this by having one scene in prison where Blofeld reveals his true motivation and it was just a ruse to try and upset James.
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
    Rewatching Spectre I find it hard to see how they can retconn Oberhauser as not the Spectre leader and not Blofeld, as he calls himself.

Starting with the Bond flat scene (20 mins), the M video says if anything happens to her, 'find a man called Marco Sciarra, kill him and don't miss the funeral,' linking Silva's Skyfall attack and her death, to Spectre's storyline.

Lucia being Blofeld, or a Blofeld, would explain how Oberhauser knew Bond was present at the meeting, but it doesn't explain why those hitmen were about to kill Lucia when Bond arrived. Lucia's dialogue about her being a dead woman after he saves her could be misdirection, as she does then go on to show she knows a lot about this meeting despite apparently only being a hitman's wife.

After the Rome meeting, Bond finds Mr White and wants to know how to find Oberhauser. White says: "I followed him as far as I could." Suggests Lucia being Blofeld isn't right. Bond does says Mr White has a son, White doesn't respond, only sending him to Madeleine. Could we see Master White in Bond25? Is that Malek's character?

Q hotel scene (1h 16min) Q does make it clear that Oberhauser links all Bond's previous nemesis. (1h 45min) The desert base scenes do clearly show Oberhauser as Spectre's leader.

We've seen family be a theme for DC's Bonds films. To continue the family themes, Lucia could be a relative of Oberhauser's on his mother's side. Her maiden name could be Blofeld. Malek could be a family member of White or Oberhauser. A nephew? Lucia being a Blofeld, not the Blofeld, could still throw up interesing outcomes to her being helped by Leiter.
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    I always thought that Blofeld as the guy who killed Bond's parents (assassination made to look like mountain climbing accident) made the most sense, given the previous films.
    Gala Brand wrote:
    I always thought that Blofeld as the guy who killed Bond's parents (assassination made to look like mountain climbing accident) made the most sense, given the previous films.

I agree. As we saw Bond's parents' grave in Skyfall, Blofeld being a young henchman in an earlier criminal organisation who was part of a hit team to kill Andrew Bond, and then whose later life mirrored Bond's as he rose to become leader of a worldwide criminal enterprise known as Spectre would have been better IMHO.

Maybe a plotline for the next reboot?
    Someone wrote:
    Gala Brand wrote:

I agree. As we saw Bond's parents' grave in Skyfall, Blofeld being a young henchman in an earlier criminal organisation who was part of a hit team to kill Andrew Bond, and then whose later life mirrored Bond's as he rose to become leader of a worldwide criminal enterprise known as Spectre would have been better IMHO.

Maybe a plotline for the next reboot?

I can write that! Except I'd make Blofeld a Polish hit man for the Soviets circa early Eighties. Andrew Bond (who worked in the defense industry) suspects a Soviet spy in the company and gets taken out. With the later fall of the Iron Curtain, Blofeld becomes immensely wealthy (kind of Ion Tiriac type) who mixes his honest fortune with his criminal enterprise. I'd make the Soviet spy a high ranking member of the government.

Better than Spectre.
    THey tried this in one of the continuation novels and it didn't work very well. CraigBond has focused far too much on Bond's childhood and his traumas. No need to continue doen that road.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    I suspect EON doesn't plan to retcon anything in Bond 25 which isn't to say they won't attempt some subtle course corrections. Personally I like the idea of Oberhauser as an underling who was manipulated by the real Blofeld to eliminate a thorn in Spectre's side. That would be very Spectrelike — using an asset's desire for personal revenge to commit an impersonal assassination. But Waltz was given all the trappings of Blofeld — outfit, cat, scar— in the Connery films. Like it to not, for the duration of the Craig era, Blofeld will remain Bond's foster brother.
    Number24 wrote:
    THey tried this in one of the continuation novels and it didn't work very well. CraigBond has focused far too much on Bond's childhood and his traumas. No need to continue doen that road.

Which novel? I'm sure I haven't read that one.
    Jeffrey Deaver's Carte Blanche
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    edited March 2019
    Number24 wrote:

As far as I recall, that particular subplot has nothing to do with Blofeld, and it was left very much open-ended at the conclusion of the novel. And since Deaver didn’t get to write a follow-up, we have no idea how he might have developed that story, so it’s tough to judge.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Very Harry Potter that ending ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Number24 wrote:

As far as I recall, that particular subplot has nothing to do with Blofeld, and it was left very much open-ended at the conclusion of the novel. And since Deaver didn’t get to write a follow-up, we have no idea how he might have developed that story, so it’s tough to judge.

I was refering to the notion of Bond's parents' death being assassinations.
    Number24 wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

I was refering to the notion of Bond's parents' death being assassinations.

I read that book but didn't remember that plot line. I must be getting old. Where did I put those glasses? Why do I keep forgetting to zip up?
    it could be me misremembering, but I think someone would have told us.
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 361MI6 Agent
    Supposedly there is a rumored bond 25 title over on the other site.
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
    The Master Spy
    is a bad title, I think. Barely worth a
    spoiler tag
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,466Chief of Staff
    Terrible. I can't believe it.
  • Marketto007Marketto007 BrazilPosts: 237MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:
    Rewatching Spectre I find it hard to see how they can retconn Oberhauser as not the Spectre leader and not Blofeld, as he calls himself.

Starting with the Bond flat scene (20 mins), the M video says if anything happens to her, 'find a man called Marco Sciarra, kill him and don't miss the funeral,' linking Silva's Skyfall attack and her death, to Spectre's storyline.

Lucia being Blofeld, or a Blofeld, would explain how Oberhauser knew Bond was present at the meeting, but it doesn't explain why those hitmen were about to kill Lucia when Bond arrived. Lucia's dialogue about her being a dead woman after he saves her could be misdirection, as she does then go on to show she knows a lot about this meeting despite apparently only being a hitman's wife.

After the Rome meeting, Bond finds Mr White and wants to know how to find Oberhauser. White says: "I followed him as far as I could." Suggests Lucia being Blofeld isn't right. Bond does says Mr White has a son, White doesn't respond, only sending him to Madeleine. Could we see Master White in Bond25? Is that Malek's character?

Q hotel scene (1h 16min) Q does make it clear that Oberhauser links all Bond's previous nemesis. (1h 45min) The desert base scenes do clearly show Oberhauser as Spectre's leader.

We've seen family be a theme for DC's Bonds films. To continue the family themes, Lucia could be a relative of Oberhauser's on his mother's side. Her maiden name could be Blofeld. Malek could be a family member of White or Oberhauser. A nephew? Lucia being a Blofeld, not the Blofeld, could still throw up interesing outcomes to her being helped by Leiter.

The thing is, does the "fake" Blofeld shares the same passion for cats as the real Blofeld? :))
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Perhaps the cat IS Blofeld ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."