Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    As I was watching the trailer premiere event I noticed immediately how short Craig looked amoungst that group of people.

Whoever is responsible for not preventing Craig from looking the smallest person on stage during that event, should be fired immediately !

Craig is short, you can’t magically make him look taller than people around him unless you perform drastic surgery on everyone there. Craig is happy and confident with his height, so who cares. On film he’s shot to look taller and the set is built to improve that (sometimes quite obviously such as the tube station scene in SF). The premiere event is real life, not fiction. So don’t worry too much about it.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    As I was watching the trailer premiere event I noticed immediately how short Craig looked amoungst that group of people.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYWt08BlZM8&t=145

Whoever is responsible for not preventing Craig from looking the smallest person on stage during that event, should be fired immediately !

chci-2g-860e.jpg

What should they have done? Make him wear high heels? :s
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    That's the problem with hiring an actor to play Bond who isn't tall: Making him look tall, or at least not short, requires trickery or at least careful casting. In public appearances this becomes much more difficult. I think a good height is one of several qualities a James Bond actor should ideally have. Craig isn't particularely tall, but he has other strengths (good actor, convincing in fights, British etc.) that in total makes him a good casting choice.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,323Chief of Staff

How do we know he already isn't?
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent

chci-2g-860e.jpg

They could've all been sitting in chairs? Introduced, one by one so height can't be compared to everyone else. On that note, Michael Strahan is already tall. I also have no problem with the villain and any henchperson being taller than Bond. It makes them more threatening. As of now, Nomi looks to be the only ally thats taller then Bond. Or, for now she's an ally. Maybe she's a mole for Blofeld and/or Safin.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    Lana Wood was standing on an apple box to avoid looking too short next to Connery in this scene. How times change :))

diamonds-are-forever1.jpg
    Mr Martini wrote:

chci-2g-860e.jpg

They could've all been sitting in chairs? Introduced, one by one so height can't be compared to everyone else. On that note, Michael Strahan is already tall. I also have no problem with the villain and any henchperson being taller than Bond. It makes them more threatening. As of now, Nomi looks to be the only ally thats taller then Bond. Or, for now she's an ally. Maybe she's a mole for Blofeld and/or Safin.

They actually did that. Just don‘t get why they should deliberately hide his height...?

• Bruno BananiBruno Banani Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    edited January 2020
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Craig is short, you can’t magically make him look taller than people around him unless you perform drastic surgery on everyone there. Craig is happy and confident with his height, so who cares. On film he’s shot to look taller and the set is built to improve that (sometimes quite obviously such as the tube station scene in SF). The premiere event is real life, not fiction. So don’t worry too much about it.
    Craig isn't short.
    He is 5'10 1/4 or 1,78m tall which is the exact average height of men in the UK and almost 1 inch taller than the average height of men in the United States.

He is much taller than all women on stage who only look taller because they all wear high heels including the host.

Rami Malek is also shorter than Craig and only looks taller because he wears lifts.
    I agree Craig isn't short. He just isn't as tall as a Bond actor ideally should be.
  • Bruno BananiBruno Banani Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    edited January 2020
    You could have easily prevented that situation by not allowing those women to wear high heels.
    You could have easily prevented that situation by not allowing women to wear high heels.

Why would they even care? What’s the big deal about his height?

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    You could have easily prevented that situation by not allowing women to wear high heels.

:))
    JTM wrote:

:))

:)) :))
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    To be fair: Strahan is 6’5”. Craig also has perspective working against him being farther from the camera than Malek, for example.
    Right. But all the Bond actors didn't have this problem because they were around 6' 2''. They had other problems: Connery's hair, Lazenby's lack of acting experience, Moore didn't look good running etc.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,323Chief of Staff
    Craig isn't short.
    He is 5'10 1/4 or 1,78m tall .

Much more on that subject here- https://www.celebheights.com/s/Daniel-Craig-1166.html

I agree he isn't short, just shorter than any other actor who's played Bond so far.

(Well, except
    13925596-1373511315998727-3622560712064772240-o.jpg of course)
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    You could have easily prevented that situation by not allowing those women to wear high heels.

How exactly would that conversation go? “You’re not allowed to wear heels today Lashana because it will make this middle aged white man look too short. We don’t care if you look your best, so put on some flats.” :))
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,706MI6 Agent
    ...what on earth are you all talking about..?!

:D
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Yeesh....I can't believe we are back to this Craig height thing again. :#
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    I really don't know why people give a crap about his height
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    I guess it's because the height of the actor playing Bond matters. Cubby sure thought so.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,706MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I guess it's because the height of the actor playing Bond matters. Cubby sure thought so.

Turns out he wasn’t right about everything though. He put a double-taking pigeon in a film :)
    edited January 2020
    Sure. But he hired five tall Bond actors and only one double-taking pigeon. :))
    What do you guys think? Will there be another and final poster for the movie?

• SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent

I think so. And a winner from that competition their running, which will be used on social media I guess. So, probably two posters.

No idea if what I saw 12/31 at my local megaplex is the final poster or not.....
  • Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,969MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Very unhappy that Arnold has not been asked. Even more unhappy if Zimmer gets the gig.

Agreed that Arnold should have been asked. His work on CR and QOS was excellent and the Bond films need back 'the Bond sound' which everyone knows he could have delivered.
    Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,157MI6 Agent
    For Craig's *final poster*, he absolutely must don the tux!
    Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    HowardB wrote:

No idea if what I saw 12/31 at my local megaplex is the final poster or not.....

Please describe what you have seen. -{

HowardB wrote:

Please describe what you have seen. -{

See my post in this thread P. 276 from 1/1/2020.