Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    Felix Leiter could be in Bond25! Jeffrey Wright was taking questions about WestWorld, but thankfully one person had the right idea to ask about Bond.

Wright_Leiter.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/westworld/comments/8tsft3/its_bernarnolds_cornerstone_jeffrey_wright_ask_me/e19yh2x/?context=3
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Oh wow, potentially fantastic news—I really hope he ends up being there!
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    I must be missing something here. I'm ambivalent about him,truly I don't get why so many people seem so in favour of him. If Leiter is in the film I'd like to see the character add some value, but he was given so little to do it really doesn't matter to me if it's Wright or not.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent
    Just throwing this out as a crazy idea... how about a female Felix Leiter? Felicity Leiter. Relative of Felix.

(cue stunned silence and then deep groans from the AJB community)

:D
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,944MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    I also would love to hear the classic "007" action theme back in a Bond score also. I don't think we have heard any of "007" since YOLT.
    you know where we have heard the "007 Theme" more recently? T2 the Trainspotting sequel:
    the scene where Renton and SickBoy are snorting coke and ranting incoherently with the teevee blasting in the background, the "007 Theme" from FRWL rises to the foreground of the soundtrack and drowns them out, sweeping swashbuckly section first then into the staccato bit.
    That's a good sign. Boyle makes use of Classic Barry, and not just one of the main theme songs everybody knows, its a deep cut, a secondary theme you got to be a more advanced connoisseur of the films to be familiar with. Specifically the classic Connery films.
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,944MI6 Agent
    bonded123 wrote:
    Just throwing this out as a crazy idea... how about a female Felix Leiter? Felicity Leiter. Relative of Felix.
    John Gardner's second novel, For Special Services, the BondGirl is Cedar Leiter, Felix's daughter, now a CIA agent herself. Bond shags her of course, and at the end Felix (who I always assumed to be the same age as Bond) is all like "gee that's swell you slept with my daughter, James, you can seduce my kids any time you like, kinda brings me and you closer together when you do things like that, doesn't it ol' buddy?"
    There's also the daughter of another classic character in that book too.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    I wouldn't mind seeing more of Jeffrey Wright's Felix in the field with Bond instead of the entire MI6 team.
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Perhaps with the Star Wars story film composers scoring in the style of John Williams, perhaps it's not unreasonable for Bond to go back to using scores that sound like John Barry.

Thanks for the referrence - that is my whole point. I know that the other composers drop in the James Bond theme here and there in a nod to Barry and to remind them they are watching a Bond film, but it would be nice if they emulated him more often as the composers do to Williams in the Star Wars and Jurassic Park franchise. They have plenty of other projects they can project their own style on outside the Bond series, so I don't think simulating Barry's style for a Bond should be pull anything away from their composing portfolio.
    -{
    HowardB wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    Perhaps with the Star Wars story film composers scoring in the style of John Williams, perhaps it's not unreasonable for Bond to go back to using scores that sound like John Barry.

That's a perfect example of what I think would work best for Bond. IMO, David Arnold did a good job of invoking classic Barry in his own compositions without being a poor imitator. I wouldn't have a problem with Arnold incorporating more classic Barry but not an overuse of the Bond theme; the Bond theme in its purist form should be saved for big moments. I also would love to hear the classic "007" action theme back in a Bond score also. I don't think we have heard any of "007" since YOLT.
    -{
    I wouldn't mind seeing more of Jeffrey Wright's Felix in the field with Bond instead of the entire MI6 team.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Despite being underused, Wright brought a gravitas and presence to Leiter that IMO, we haven't seen since Jack Lord in DN. Wright is an excellent actor with a lot of range (he can play villains, intellectuals, and good guys all very well) I would welcome his Leiter back in an expanded role in Bond 25.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    I'd much rather see Felix Leiter in the field with Bond than M. Jeffrey Wright is a great Felix :007)
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent
    Anyone who doubts Jeffrey Wright should go and watch Westworld and Shaft ASAP. He can play good and bad and everything in between effortlessly.

TEFLON DON
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I'd much rather see Felix Leiter in the field with Bond than M. Jeffrey Wright is a great Felix :007)

I agree!
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    Aston Martin has debuted the new DBS. I think if we see a new AM in Bond 25, it’s likely to be this one. https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/aston-martin-dbs-superleggera-unveiled/
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Aston Martin has debuted the new DBS. I think if we see a new AM in Bond 25, it’s likely to be this one. https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/aston-martin-dbs-superleggera-unveiled/

If I sold my house, I could buy one.
    The car looks great :007)
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    And Dc, has now left filming of purity to begin shooting Bond 25. As I've read today. Things finaly look to be moving apace.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    I've looked at IMDB again, and it looks like both Angelina Jolie and Helena Bonham-Carter don't have much on their scedule next year.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    And Dc, has now left filming of purity to begin shooting Bond 25. As I've read today. Things finaly look to be moving apace.
    Thought they weren't shooting until December?
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:

Huh? Purity doesn’t shoot until after Bond 25, and THAT doesn’t start until December...
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

I think what’s happening here is The NY Times mentioned in an article that “Purity” had been delayed, then other outlets read that and assumed it was fresh news and reported it as such. You will note that any outlet reporting it references back to The NY Times article.

In actuality, this happened about a year ago...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/daniel-craig-drama-purity-wont-air-showtime-bond-1027904
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Interesting thanks for the clarification. {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Chriscoop wrote:

Again, that quotes the same NY Times article as their source. It’s factually correct, they are just mistakenly reading it as new news, when it actually happened last August...
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:

Again, that quotes the same NY Times article as their source. It’s factually correct, they are just mistakenly reading it as new news, when it actually happened last August...

Agreed. This is not new information. In fact, as I recall, the first rumblings of this surfaced before Craig officially announced he was coming back.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:

Agreed. This is not new information. In fact, as I recall, the first rumblings of this surfaced before Craig officially announced he was coming back.

Just another example of the lazy twits and hacks who pretend to be "journalists" on the internet.
    HowardB wrote:
    Just another example of the lazy twits and hacks who pretend to be "journalists" on the internet.

...and then the bad info bad spreads to message boards, Instagram, etc, etc.

As an aside, I emailed Screenrants’ editor about this yesterday (Rob Keyes, if you’re curious). Not that it’s a big deal, I was just curious how they would handle it. He emailed me right back saying they would “take a peek” at it, then about an hour later he emailed again saying that I was right, but a day later the article is still there.

Must have been generating too many clicks...