Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    Oh and another reason I know this news is 10 months old? Because here is us discussing it 10 months ago ;)

https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/47549/bond-25-shooting-news-and-rumours-possible-spoilers/page/43/
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I am simply passing on bits and bats that land on my newsfeed, I apologise to all if this is factually incorrect and out of date information. I will make sure it doesn't happen again.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I am simply passing on bits and bats that land on my newsfeed, I apologise to all if this is factually incorrect and out of date information. I will make sure it doesn't happen again.

It’s not on you buddy it’s these sites looking for page views {[]
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    The "news" resurfaced this very Thursday due to this article where you can read about Daniel Craig phoning Franzen... https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/26/magazine/jonathan-franzen-is-fine-with-all-of-it.html
    ggl007 wrote:
    The "news" resurfaced this very Thursday due to this article where you can read about Daniel Craig phoning Franzen... https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/26/magazine/jonathan-franzen-is-fine-with-all-of-it.html

That’s The NY Times article I’ve been referencing for the last 2 days...
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    In July I'm looking forward to more social media mishaps that reveal new bits of info about Bond25. After the Mark Strong trainer video hashtags I'm hoping for maybe location reveals. In July 2014, MI6hq reported that a stuntman's social media had revealed that filming would take place in Morocco, Rome and Austria.

But, August should be a lot more exciting. In 2014, August saw Lea Seydoux rumoured to be in Bond24. Will we hear more about Helena Bonham Carter??
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    You’re really into the whole “it happened on a previous Bond production so it’s definitely going to happen again” thing.
    JTM wrote:
    You’re really into the whole “it happened on a previous Bond production so it’s definitely going to happen again” thing.

Circle of life.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    I think the production is much more conscious of leaks now, but they can't prevent all leaks. Many people today can barely take out the trash without telling the world about it. Leaks will come.
  • bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent
    On the positive side, Sony are no longer involved with Bond so that's one leak we don't have to worry about! :p

http://defamer.gawker.com/new-bond-script-leaks-execs-scrambling-to-fix-awful-en-1670479885

The good old days when Bond news leaked worse than a faulty shower. :D
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    bonded123 wrote:
    On the positive side, Sony are no longer involved with Bond so that's one leak we don't have to worry about! :p

http://defamer.gawker.com/new-bond-script-leaks-execs-scrambling-to-fix-awful-en-1670479885

Does that mean every electronic device used on screen wont be Sony?
  • DanielCDanielC Posts: 65MI6 Agent
    I wouldn't mind seeing more of Jeffrey Wright's Felix in the field with Bond instead of the entire MI6 team.
    Indeed and especially now when Judi Dench has left the franchise. I always expect to see Felix Leiter; he feels like an integral part of the Bond movies.

Wright's Felix is the best portrayal yet. I also liked Cec Linder.
    Looking for a ROYALE Filmwear Talamone Shawl Collar Cardigan, size medium. Preferably in Europe, but the US would work as well. Feel free to send a PM!
    bonded123 wrote:

Yep! LOL Will give MGM/Universal plenty of scope to sell a whopper of a product placement to Microsoft or Apple. Or maybe a Chinese company in return for massive China promotional campaign?
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:

Again, that quotes the same NY Times article as their source. It’s factually correct, they are just mistakenly reading it as new news, when it actually happened last August...

Agreed. This is not new information. In fact, as I recall, the first rumblings of this surfaced before Craig officially announced he was coming back.

LOL yeah.... IIRC the president of Showtime says they're delaying the show to accommodate Craig's Bond schedule one day, and that's all he can say.

Lo and behold, within days, Craig was on Colbert confirming the news.
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    The Mantis wrote:

Wow, why not have Bond25 set partly at Langley with Leiter? If it is a sequel to SPECTRE why not have a Bond who has left MI6 find himself working for the CIA for some reason?
    I don't think Bond quit MI6 because of the bad dental plan and questionable food served at lunch. He was tried of the spy world and wouldn't have joined the CIA, despite of their great teeth.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    C.I.A Craig In America ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    He was in DC back in March as well, It's great to see him spending some time in my favorite city in the states!
  • angelicbondangelicbond Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    That's very cool! Love the photo of him standing with the CIA seal
    Instagram: mybudgetbond
    Twitter: @mybudgetbond1
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    A great little read and some awesome shots of Bond exploring Langley! Wouldn’t mind seeing him there for a quick scene in 25.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Although given DC's love of sport. I'd have expected
    To see him in Moscow ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    bonded123 wrote:

I hope so, the new XPERIAs are utter trash. Apple feels too mainstream for James so I'd hope they actually give him a Huawei - the P20 Pro is truly an exceptional device and I'm planning to buy one myself. The triple lens camera makes the iphone X and Samsung S9+ look like toys, especially in night shots.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Kind of hoping we see none lol
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    I quite like seeing real world 'stuff' as an element in Bond along with some ultra cool high tech. Bond would plump for Huawei if it were his choice. My favourite bit of kit was the simple velcro in LTD ( I have lobbied Boyle about it)
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,944MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:
    Apple feels too mainstream for James...
    precisely, Bond is a snob and doesn't buy that massmarket stuff.
    Reminds me of Bond drinking Heinekin when there's so many good beers available, as someone who talks knowledgably about wine vintages would certainly be aware. Bond probably knows personally the Trappist monks who brew the beer he drinks, and has it custom-made in small batches just for him.
    MrZareba wrote:
    Apple feels too mainstream for James...
    precisely, Bond is a snob and doesn't buy that massmarket stuff.
    Reminds me of Bond drinking Heinekin when there's so many good beers available, as someone who talks knowledgably about wine vintages would certainly be aware. Bond probably knows personally the Trappist monks who brew the beer he drinks, and has it custom-made in small batches just for him.
    Exactly :)) I dont really consider Craig's Bond much of a connoisseur nor a snob. In fact he indulges in many mass marketed consumer products beyond Sony. If anything Craig's Bond is the most "mainstream" of all the Bonds. He drinks Heineken, wears J.Crew, drove a Ford Fusion, etc.
    I would like to see more of the connoiseur Bond. A James Bond who enjoy fine wine and food etc.
    We might have to wait till the next actor.
    Why don't they use the scene from the novel CR where Vesper and Bond talks about food?
    Not with Vesper, obviously, but it's a it's a good way to show that side of Bond.
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,944MI6 Agent
    or the chapter from Moonraker where M and Bond have dinner at Blades, and M keeps rolling his eyes at Bond's snobby affectations. They eat a lot of specifically described menu items during that chapter, and debate most of it. That's gotta be the single foodiest moment in all of Fleming.

These days celebrity chefs have their own teevee empires, theyre more admired than film stars or pro athletes. This should be moment for Bond to really be showing us commoners how one should eat, not telling us "do I look like I give a damn"
    edited July 2018
    A few points:

1) I actually think Apple would be Bond’s first choice, but have a feeling his phone would be MI6 issued anyway. Apple is very secure, whereas the heads of US intelligence agencies literally warned against using Huawei...

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/14/technology/huawei-intelligence-chiefs/index.html

2) The use of mainstream brands like Heineken has always been there, hasn’t it? Fleming had Bond drinking Miller High Life...

3) I would also argue the connoisseur aspect of the character was more the literary Bond, rather than the film. Connery was a bit of a snob, but Moore wore a Seiko and used canned foam shave cream.

4) Literary or film, let’s not forget that Bond wasn’t always picky about what he ate and drank. Fleming had him eating ham sandwiches and fried chicken, after all. I think Bond was more “normal” than we sometimes choose to see him.