Quantum of Solace Bond Tom Ford Polo: Update in Post 440

145791028

Comments

  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Need the Haiti Sta Prests still in 34w

    Likewise. I wish Levi’s were receptive towards a remake - I’ve been on the hunt for years!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Ok, the polo has left Chez Zaritsky and is now jetting to Milan to be studied.


    0_FAF0353-8047-4_E23-_B96_F-_CEC6_CB3_DE552.jpg

    1_D058811-8791-4863-_BAA7-_DED332_E6223_B.jpg

    8415_A46_F-_A783-4048-_A09_D-_D6_E958_F5_DE98.jpg

    BC89_EE17-0_C78-4501-_A7_EF-63_D24_D2_CD170.jpg
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,769MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Ok, the polo has left Chez Zaritsky and is now jetting to Milan to be studied.


    0_FAF0353-8047-4_E23-_B96_F-_CEC6_CB3_DE552.jpg

    1_D058811-8791-4863-_BAA7-_DED332_E6223_B.jpg

    8415_A46_F-_A783-4048-_A09_D-_D6_E958_F5_DE98.jpg

    BC89_EE17-0_C78-4501-_A7_EF-63_D24_D2_CD170.jpg

    This polo is more of a classic fit correct?
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    The fit is interesting....it 'swishes' at the bottom....you can see this in the movie when he is fighting Slate and opening the door to his room. The top is fitted but torso is loose almost bell-like.....
    MikeG77 wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:
    Ok, the polo has left Chez Zaritsky and is now jetting to Milan to be studied.


    0_FAF0353-8047-4_E23-_B96_F-_CEC6_CB3_DE552.jpg

    1_D058811-8791-4863-_BAA7-_DED332_E6223_B.jpg

    8415_A46_F-_A783-4048-_A09_D-_D6_E958_F5_DE98.jpg

    BC89_EE17-0_C78-4501-_A7_EF-63_D24_D2_CD170.jpg

    This polo is more of a classic fit correct?
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,769MI6 Agent
    edited May 2018
    The Mantis wrote:
    The fit is interesting....it 'swishes' at the bottom....you can see this in the movie when he is fighting Slate and opening the door to his room. The top is fitted but torso is loose almost bell-like.....


    MikeG77 wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:
    Ok, the polo has left Chez Zaritsky and is now jetting to Milan to be studied.


    0_FAF0353-8047-4_E23-_B96_F-_CEC6_CB3_DE552.jpg

    1_D058811-8791-4863-_BAA7-_DED332_E6223_B.jpg

    8415_A46_F-_A783-4048-_A09_D-_D6_E958_F5_DE98.jpg

    BC89_EE17-0_C78-4501-_A7_EF-63_D24_D2_CD170.jpg

    This polo is more of a classic fit correct?

    I remember you mentioning the "swing" of the shirt in your Quantum of Solace Frugal Harrington and sunglasses video. From the front i can its a little big but it's way more noticeable when you turn and it flairs out. Also was there any issue with the shirt shrinking or relaxing too much after laundering?
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • Agent Double-O DanielAgent Double-O Daniel Posts: 159MI6 Agent
    Is the polo in Haiti and Bolivia the same? I've seen a pic of him in a Bolivia scene and it looks more fitted.
    It may be a matter of the perspective in the shot.

    Daniel
    The Mantis wrote:
    The fit is interesting....it 'swishes' at the bottom....you can see this in the movie when he is fighting Slate and opening the door to his room. The top is fitted but torso is loose almost bell-like.....
    MikeG77 wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:
    Ok, the polo has left Chez Zaritsky and is now jetting to Milan to be studied.


    0_FAF0353-8047-4_E23-_B96_F-_CEC6_CB3_DE552.jpg

    1_D058811-8791-4863-_BAA7-_DED332_E6223_B.jpg

    8415_A46_F-_A783-4048-_A09_D-_D6_E958_F5_DE98.jpg

    BC89_EE17-0_C78-4501-_A7_EF-63_D24_D2_CD170.jpg

    This polo is more of a classic fit correct?
    Sorry but that last hand... Nearly killed me.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,769MI6 Agent
    Is the polo in Haiti and Bolivia the same? I've seen a pic of him in a Bolivia scene and it looks more fitted.
    It may be a matter of the perspective in the shot.

    Daniel
    The Mantis wrote:
    The fit is interesting....it 'swishes' at the bottom....you can see this in the movie when he is fighting Slate and opening the door to his room. The top is fitted but torso is loose almost bell-like.....
    MikeG77 wrote:

    This polo is more of a classic fit correct?


    From what i understand it is in fact the same polo but the lighting in the Haiti scene makes it look black.
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,082MI6 Agent
    I too am curious about the effects of laundering on the polo.
  • I wouldn't worry too much about whether or not the polo mantis has provided tf with has shrunk or mis-shapen due to washing and drying or poor maintenance of a previous owner. I believe mestabond provided his Harrington for the Harrington project and even though it was tagged a 52 it had been tailored down to a 48, and when the jackets came to everyone, to everyone's surprise they were quite large fitting, point being, I'm sure tf has archives of previous season items and although they will use it as a reference, I'm sure they will not try to duplicate any wear and tear, or shrunken or mis-shapen aspects of the shirt.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Also I could be remembering incorrectly but isn’t DZ’s polo a screen used one? I would think that if that was the case he, nor the QOS costume department at the time, would’ve been frequently throwing the polo in the washing machine on heavy.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    My polo has not been washed...at least by me. LOL....

    And TF is very aware of the shape this needs to be....as someone mentioned they mostly want it to make sure they archive back to the appropriate one.
  • ZChauvinZChauvin Posts: 244MI6 Agent
    I completely forgot about this, such a treat to check in and see that not only is my name on the list but that the project is a go!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    A New Update from Milan!

    The prototype is in production and the technician will meet the merchandising team to discuss details next week.

    As soon as they have the prototype they will send over to me to start discussing sizes and deposits.

    The engine is chugging along!
  • GSGS Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    Thank you David, wonderful news.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,769MI6 Agent
    That's great to hear :D
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,769MI6 Agent
    I was just going to ask you about how things were going so this recent update is awesome news!
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    A NEW AND MAJOR UPDATE!

    Had contact this morning from TF Milan and we have the following information:

    Timing: depends on deposit collection by purchasers

    Price: The price is 505 Euros

    When the prototype is finished they will send me directly so I can assess every nuance and detail and photograph and film etc...then the collection of funds will begin as we did with the Harrington Jacket.


    Qo_S_TF_SHirt.jpg
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,769MI6 Agent
    edited June 2018
    The Mantis wrote:
    A NEW AND MAJOR UPDATE!

    Had contact this morning from TF Milan and we have the following information:

    Timing: depends on deposit collection by purchasers

    Price: The price is 505 Euros

    When the prototype is finished they will send me directly so I can assess every nuance and detail and photograph and film etc...then the collection of funds will begin as we did with the Harrington Jacket.


    Qo_S_TF_SHirt.jpg

    Am i correct in assuming the 505 Euros includes VAT?

    Edit: I went through the whole thread and found that it the 505€ price does include VAT.
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    OK, gang....here we go. With the prototype soon to be heading to me for evaluation, TF would like ALL interested parties to email Luigi at ldb@tomfordinternational.com. This is just to provide him with your email contact at this point. Once the proto is approved then he will ask for funds. So, for those that raised your hand please email Luigi at ldb@tomfordinternational.com as soon as possible.
  • StiffassBritStiffassBrit United KingdomPosts: 219MI6 Agent
    Hey David, great news. Look forward to seeing the prototype. Thanks.
    I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me
  • Matt BMatt B Posts: 356MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    OK, gang....here we go. With the prototype soon to be heading to me for evaluation, TF would like ALL interested parties to email Luigi at ldb@tomfordinternational.com. This is just to provide him with your email contact at this point. Once the proto is approved then he will ask for funds. So, for those that raised your hand please email Luigi at ldb@tomfordinternational.com as soon as possible.


    Thanks David for organizing this and for in general being such a nice guy. I am a bit behind on a lot of exciting posts and updates on your website, but I think I saw that you got some new wheels! Congrats!

    Ps, I am obviously in on the polo and have e-mailed Luigi. Thanks again for making this happen and I apologize to all that I was late to RSVP on this project.
    Look forward to seeing what the prototype looks like.
  • OsirisOsiris Russia with love Posts: 93MI6 Agent
    Many thanks David
    Email sent
    By the way' the name is "James St. John smythe" I'm English
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Thanks everyone! A reminder of the list....please email Luigi as soon as you can:

    1.) Welshboy78
    2.) TroyIkeda
    3.) MrEddy21
    4.) DBS
    5.) Bondclothing (2)
    6.) Bondclothing (2)
    7.) rebenton
    8.) -_Quantum_-
    9.) Bond_Ambitions
    10.) MAGR007
    11.) Paperbill
    12.) MrE (2)
    13.) 007JBDCMWR
    14.) Commandant
    15.) GS
    16.) Jared_nomak
    17.) Jared_nomak will take 3rd if exchange rate better
    18.) Meesta Bawnd
    19.) wardlem
    20.) Glenn Gervot
    21.) Cederic0011
    22.) Tintin
    23.) Mantis
    24.) Osiris
    25.) junebai89
    26.) JTM
    27.) 006
    28) 006(2)
    29) asd007
    30) CommanderB
    31) VegasBond
    32)chriscollins007
    33)Rolextraveler_1905
    34) sruzgar
    35) Shayne
    36) Roi007
    37) Tango73 (2)
    38) Monster
    39) StiffassBrit
    40) Steve07
    41) Jdrannin
    42) ZChauvin
    43) bondfan245200
    44) cah
    45) OB007
    46) MikeG77 (may get a 2nd depending on pricing)
  • GlennGervotGlennGervot FrancePosts: 37MI6 Agent
    Hi David,

    Email sent.

    Glenn
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,769MI6 Agent
    All is set on my end as i reached out to Luigi yesterday afternoon :D
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,367MI6 Agent
    Done.

    Thank you Mr. Mantis!
  • OB007OB007 NorwayPosts: 20MI6 Agent
    Email sent to Luigi.

    Can't wait to see prototype polo.
    I've been expecting you, Mr. Bond...
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent
    I've emailed.
  • GSGS Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    Me too,

    Thanks
    Grant
  • RAINbowTRAILRAINbowTRAIL AmsterdamPosts: 77MI6 Agent
    Email sent, although I am not on the list!

    Thanks for all the hard work making it happen for all of us :007)
This discussion has been closed.