The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    edited April 2019
    Trump had a meeting at the White House With NATO's General Secretary Stoltenberg yesterday. In front of journalists Trump said his father was born in a beautiful place in Germany. In reality his father was born in Bronx. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Trump
    https://news.yahoo.com/trump-keeps-incorrectly-saying-his-father-was-born-in-germany-203320749.html

Donald Trump simply doesn't care about truth and lies at all. Everything is a sales pitch to him. He only cares about what he thinks the person(s) in front of him wants to hear right there and now, what will make people cheer him more.
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Trump had a meeting at the White House With NATO's General Secretary Stoltenberg yesterday. In front of journalists Trump said his father was born in a beautiful place in Germany. In reality his father was born in Bronx. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Trump
    https://news.yahoo.com/trump-keeps-incorrectly-saying-his-father-was-born-in-germany-203320749.html

Donald Trump simply doesn't care about truth and lies at all. Everything is a sales pitch to him. He only cares about what he thinks the person(s) in front of him wants to hear right there and now, what will make people cheer him more.
    Well his latest thing is that wind turbine noise causes cancer. I deal with wind turbines for work. I have yet to get cancer. -{
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Maybe if you smoked one ? :D ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Always amazes me how the experts like to point out everything that harms us or gives us diseases! Just think what they'd make of life a few hundred years ago! Or even when neolithic man was being eaten by most other things every time he left his cage! :))
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Have been reading this about the Muller report:

Just because you have passed the pregnancy test doesn‘t mean that you are still a virgin :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    edited April 2019
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    It looks like Putin now has his own representative in the German Bundestag: :(

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47822835
    The Russians have really grasped the idea of capitalism, need an
    MP, just buy one :))
    I don't think it's just a question of money. Putin's ideas of nationalism, anti- feminism, militarism, anti- free press, macho postering and belief in a strong man in charge instead of a real democracy appeal to far right politicians everywhere.
    Yes, I can see the attraction for them. Not having to
    Respect elections and force through their own agendas.
    I'm always amazed at the fear these " Strong Men " have
    Of Women and gay men :D
    Yes, I can see the attraction for them. Not having to
    Respect elections and force through their own agendas.
    I'm always amazed at the fear these " Strong Men " have
    Of Women and gay men :D
    This is particularly right! I'd love to see Putin in the birdcage :))
    Like many parts of the world, the thinking in Russia is massively different to our own, I've sat down and spoken at length with Russian people, my main thought was how brain washed and encapsulated they appear to be, free thinking is really not there at all.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,323Chief of Staff
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I'd love to see Putin in the birdcage :))

Say no more:

19956035-10211087882525215-6824055758599374443-o.jpg
    edited April 2019
    I had a discussion online with a man who actually belived life in the Soviet Union was at least as free and democratic as the West. It's incredible what people are able to convince themselves of :s
    Barbel wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I'd love to see Putin in the birdcage :))

Say no more:

19956035-10211087882525215-6824055758599374443-o.jpg
    :)) :)) :))
    edited April 2019
    Number24 wrote:
    I had a discussion online with a man whio actually belived the Soviet Union was at least as free and democratic as the West. It's incredible what people are able to convince themselves of :s
    :))
    I know a Russian who can't believe you don't have to bribe the UK police with scotch whisky to travel down certain roads.
    Has anyone noticed Benny Gantz, in the Israeli elections.
    Looks like a very, very old Daniel Craig. :))
    :)) I can't unsee that now!
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent

Oh wow...probably pretty close to what the people whining about Craig looking too old on screen were seeing :))
    Benny Ganz or Daniel Craig last week? :))
    Interestingly Daniel Craig has played militant Jews several times (I can think of Defiance and Munich)

bennyt-gantz.jpg
    In other news other than Brexit, it seems Austria is defying EU rules and extending its borders..... Hard borders at that with checks and everything, this along with Italy also defying the EU by opening up its back door to china by signing an independent trade agreement known as the new Silk route/road.
    It's always important to check who's entering your back door.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,323Chief of Staff
    "Unidentified object approaching from astern."
    It's always important to check who's entering your back door.
    :))
    I would have put money on a response like that!
    I'll field them, you can knock em out the park.
    What do those people standing outside parliament, shouting
    Hope to achieve ? Apart from interrupting interviews. It's
    Very annoying, don't these people have jobs :D
    edited April 2019
    US voters should see this graph. Government heathcare costs less than the US system. Please note the numbers go back to 1970, so Obamacare is no to blame.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_total_health_expenditure_per_capita#/media/File:Health_care_cost_rise.svg

This article has a graph that shows us that compared to other countries with a high average life expectancy the US spends far, far more money than anywhere else on health care. Again, the US is the only country in this group without a government health care system. The US spends double of what the UK spends on health care. Heart bypass surgery cost (203 numbers) 40% more in the US than in the second most expensive country on developed countries. That's the cost, not what the patient has to pay out of his pocket - that number must be far worse. Private Health care isn't the solution, it's the problem.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2017/04/20/524774195/what-country-spends-the-most-and-least-on-health-care-per-person

https://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/issue-briefs/2015/oct/us-health-care-global-perspective?redirect_source=/publications/issue-briefs/2015/oct/us-health-care-from-a-global-perspective

Dan Carlin has a very good podcast on the issue. (from wikipedia: Carlin has referred to himself as social libertarian,[17] a "radical," "neo-prudentist," "pragmatist," and "political martian."[18] He is outspoken on issues like state surveillance, foreign intervention, concentrated power, free speech, education reform, the problems of a two-party system, and civil liberties. )

https://www.dancarlin.com/common-sense-home-landing-page/
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1114382/eu-elections-deadline-today-will-uk-take-part-mep-elections-key-brexit-dates
    Today is the day the UK must decide to take part in the EU
    Elections ....... I must point out this in not a celebratory post ;)
    Let's please try and respect the "non argumentative" section of the title of this thread purleeeease. :D
    I would like to celebrate that we managed so well here I was forced to change the name from being short lived to not so short lived {[]
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1114382/eu-elections-deadline-today-will-uk-take-part-mep-elections-key-brexit-dates
    Today is the day the UK must decide to take part in the EU
    Elections ....... I must point out this in not a celebratory post ;)
    We will need them as we aren't leaving anymore are we? The tories will do well to avoid the wholesale slaughter that will be mep and local elections.
    Nice to see that at this time of national turmoil, and indecision, ..... Our
    Political masters can go on Holiday :)) ...... It's not as if anything
    Important has to be sorted out ! 8-)
This discussion has been closed.