The not so short lived non argumentative political thread.

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Were you the one claiming to be Nigel Farage, No 24? :)) :)) :))
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    iI might have been ….. :v :))
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    edited March 2019
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/uri-geller-vows-to-stop-brexit-telepathically-in-open-letter-to-theresa-may/ar-BBV7P1k?MSCC=1553351407&ocid=spartandhp

It's all over now. ….Uri Geller vows to stop Brexit Telepathically !!!! :))

Here's Uri stopping Big Ben …..
    https://youtu.be/z-WTvXydJUw ( you can jump about eight minutes in to see )

…….. Spoiler, …… it doesn't stop :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Finally the British have a real plan :))
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/uri-geller-vows-to-stop-brexit-telepathically-in-open-letter-to-theresa-may/ar-BBV7P1k?MSCC=1553351407&ocid=spartandhp

It's all over now. ….Uri Geller vows to stop Brexit Telepathically !!!! :))

Here's Uri stopping Big Ben …..
    https://youtu.be/z-WTvXydJUw ( you can jump about eight minutes in to see )

…….. Spoiler, …… it doesn't stop :))
    Can you remember when he tried to do the mass fork bending back in the day :D :D :D
    Under new Brexit restrictions, we'll no longer be able
    To watch Poirot, Maigret and all English subtitles
    Will be removed from foreign movies. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    What is the logic for this?
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
    edited March 2019
    Britains will also be blocked from watching Bond movies produced after the UK joined the EU in 1973 :007)
    VesperMelgrano, do you still believe Brexit is done by using logic? ;)
    We'll also be restricted in our use of sayings, and words like
    Cul de Sac, cliché, entrepreneur and déjà vu ( but I've heard that before )
    will only be used if you still hold a European passport, or can do a very good
    French accent.
    Other words from the EU members states will also be a problem, such as espresso and broccoli or angst and bratwurst.
    I think if you can prove your family is of e.g. Italian, German or French ancestry, you can
    still use them. Although obviously people will look at you funny.
    This is the best plan I've ever heard. Cul-de-sac for days!
    ….. and of course French kissing will be banned ! Far, Far too suggestive for us. ;)
    Words like ombudsman, ski and fjord will be allowed, but only if they are pronounced with an English accent.

As an extra punishment Britain can no longer compete or even watch the Eurovision Song Contest. That will force the British back in the fold in no time!

eurovision-ce-a-quoi-vous-avez-echappe-depuis-des-annees.jpg
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    What is the logic for this?

If you ever find any logic in one of TPs posts, please drop me a pm :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/french-military-join-police-to-tackle-latest-yellow-vest-protest/ar-BBV89JJ?MSCC=1553378416&ocid=spartanntp
    On a serious note, ………
    " French military forces joined police in Paris on Saturday to tackle the nineteenth consecutive weekend of "yellow vest" protests against President Emmanuel Macron's government."

Putting soldiers on the streets to act against civilians, never turns out well. Especially after the first couple of Deaths.
    Which will happen, Soldiers are NOT trained police officers. :#
    France is a very class divided country and most politicians are "hatched" from the same schools. That's the basic problem.
    The people that cause France putting on soldiers on the streets can hardly be called civilians.

We‘ve had them here in Hamburg during the G20 and they demolished parts of the town here.

Yes, the left has street thugs too :#
    So the Muller investigation found no evidence of Trump working with Russia before the election. I won't pretend I'm not disappointed. It had to be done. It's not like the Republicans wouldn't have raised hell if Hillary at a rally had asked asked a major foreign power to spy on Trump. And didn't Trump's son in law and his election chief meet with a lawyer with close connections to the Kremlin who promised dirt on Hillary?
    It's also known that Russian intelligence services did clandestinely support Trump in the election.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    edited March 2019
    Personally, I'm very glad that the president isn't a Russian asset, so to me it's very good news. Two years of in-depth investigation by a highly partisan team of investigators - spending countless hours and millions of dollars - probably turned up some genuinely embarrassing stuff, but nothing along the lines of Mueller's explicit tasking.

I trust the findings, because it they could gotten him on anything, they would have. What they won't do is investigate the abuse of power that brought the Mueller probe about. The FISA warrant being executed on the basis of a clearly fabricated dossier (bought and paid for by the Clinton campaign) is a grotesque overreach that the Obama administration ought to have to explain...but alas, accountability is highly selective these days 8-)

I predict that the opposition will double down...and ultimately erode support for their own cause, in my opinion, because it's not a viable alternative to running for election based on ideas. The lack of self-awareness is stunning (and persistent), and will be as fun to watch in '20 as it was in '16.

Cheers, friends {[]
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    edited March 2019
    Funny that you say that.

Everybody - with the exception of Trump - agrees that the Russians interfered heavily with the 2016 elections.
    Many people that had close ties to Trump (e.g. he knows Manafort since the 1980s) were in touch with Russia before the campaigning and during.

So, isn't that reason enough to start an investigation?

As for Muller's team being "highly partisan": he's a republican, he immediately fired 2 members when it turned out that they exchanged messages that they did not like Trump. The team has been appointed by a republican majority and it's one of the pivots of US democracy to investigate those things.

That being said, let's see what the report really says and not the summary of someone who applied for the job by categorically condemning the probe.

• 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    I expect my views will not be popular but I’m assuming that a contrary view can be expressed .The mueller team was highly partisan Andrew Weissman second in charge was at Hilary’s proposed victory party.All 12 lawyers were democrat supporters. The team included Jeannie Rhee who represented Hiliary 2015 in respect of her emails. Stretches credulity to suggest couldn’t hire lawyers not associated with the Clintons.Mueller only fired Peter Strzok when his texts with Lisa Page , senior FBI lawyer were released through auditor general report.
    Strzok wrote exoneration of Clinton before she was interviewed. When she was interviewed all her aides lawyers received immunity.
    The wife of deputy of FBi deputy director McCabe was a Democrat candidate who received hundreds of thousands of campaign funds.
    Manafort a sleazeball no question plus bad taste in clothes 15k for ostrich jacket. But Tony Podesta doing same lobbying for Ukraine but he got immunity from mueller his brother John ran Hilary’s campaign.
    If people are interested in Russian collusion it’s all with the Democrats.
    The whole investigation instigated by the debunked Steele dossier which was opposition research through fusion GPS paid for by Clinton.

Russia gave 145 million to Clinton Foundation . Bill Clinton received 500k from Russia whilst Hillary was Secretary of State.
    In 2010 a wholly owned Russian company obtained 51% of Uranium one a Canadian company at centre of scandal with Clinton foundation.
    Intersting to see if Bill Barr appoints a special counsel to look into all of this.
    Anthony
    edited March 2019
    Well, there could be a lot to be said about your post - not worth my time as it's quite complex and not as simple as you imply.

The Clinton foundation is not a piggy bank for Bill and Hillary, it's one of the large international NGO aid groups (in contrary to the Trump foundation or GWB foundation).

But if you were correct, how could a republican Minister of Justice with a Republican Majority give that job to a Republican Investigator.
    They certainly have screwed this up :D :D :D

And - SO FAR (important, SO FAR) it seems a bit contradictory accusing the investigation to be partisan and SO FAR Trump has been announced innocent (in criminal terms and only for the Russia connection. The Obstruction of Justice by firing Comey is still unclear).

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent
    I have a certain sympathy for Trump. I'm glad the investigation went ahead - a little curious why cooperating with Russia would be a bad thing, I mean we're not in the Cold War now. Supposing the Russians had exposed some really quite serious wrongdoing by Clinton, that covered up by the liberal elite etc, I mean would that mean Trump wouldn't be able to use it because of where it came from?

What if Britain had colluded with Clinton and uncovered dodgy stuff about Trump? Would that be okay? Or not okay?

It seems like Trump was subject to a political hitjob. This is where your foes go on a fishing expedition and try to turn up anything. The idea is to draw it out so your opponent becomes severely rattled and starts to make mistakes of his or her own accord. It stinks.
    (And I know, cos I've been subject to one of these myself.)
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    First of all - I think it's nice to see more people joining in here on this thread. I think that can be a good thing for everyone :)
    I hoped the Muller investigation ended in finding nothing or a some conclusive evidence. If the American president hasn't cooperated illegally with a foreign power that's a good thing, as Loeffelholz points out. If he had it would be ruinous for the US if the evidence against him was inconclusive, it would just rip the country further apart. I think the Muller investigation was the right thing to do. Let's imagine a parallell reality where Hillary Clinton asked at a rally Russia to dig up dirt on Trump. then she won, but all US intelligence agencies agreed Russia had in fact helped her win. Then it was discovered people Close to her had lied about contacts with Russian officials and a close Family member and her campaign manager had a meeting With a Russian lawyer close to the Kremlin who promised dirt on Trump. Would the Republicans demand an investigation? Absolutely, and they should!
    Great to see in the commons, the're having multiple votes on
    Different leaving deals. The least voted for will be eliminated.
    Then another vote on what's left, until they have a winner !
    So it's basically The X Factor :))
    Number24 wrote:
    First of all - I think it's nice to see more people joining in here on this thread. I think that can be a good thing for everyone :)
    I hoped the Muller investigation ended in finding nothing or a some conclusive evidence. If the American president hasn't cooperated illegally with a foreign power that's a good thing, as Loeffelholz points out. If he had it would be ruinous for the US if the evidence against him was inconclusive, it would just rip the country further apart. I think the Muller investigation was the right thing to do. Let's imagine a parallell reality where Hillary Clinton asked at a rally Russia to dig up dirt on Trump. then she won, but all US intelligence agencies agreed Russia had in fact helped her win. Then it was discovered people Close to her had lied about contacts with Russian officials and a close Family member and her campaign manager had a meeting With a Russian lawyer close to the Kremlin who promised dirt on Trump. Would the Republicans demand an investigation? Absolutely, and they should!
    I think the bigger issue is not that it is good that the report says there is no collusion, it is that tRUMP is so disliked and untrusted that even after a report many Americans believe he was somehow involved. Myself included.
    It's still legal for Swedes to be a member of a terrorist organisation. The UN even urged all member states to pass such a law when ISIS got so many recruits around 2014, but Sweden didn't do it. Even if they managed to pass such a law now the ISIS terrorists returning from Syria now can't be charged, no-one can be charged with breaking a law before it was passed.
This discussion has been closed.