What Bond are you wearing today?

Comments

• armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    Today is black TB short sleeve Catalina shirt, faded gray jeans (Levi's but still a decent look)
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Same here, Bosoxfan.

Thanks to Westward_Drift's help getting me the Catalina I'm able to rock the Jamaica look today. TF jeans, TB, Omega, and Sperry Rivinsgton. Though I needed to do a better job steaming the fold wrinkles out of the shirt.

NdrmgA1.jpg
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    The outfit is looking good Frommeyer. I tried to add up how much it would cost me so stopped after the Sperry’s :))
    Yes. Considerably!
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:
    Same here, Bosoxfan.

Thanks to Westward_Drift's help getting me the Catalina I'm able to rock the Jamaica look today. TF jeans, TB, Omega, and Sperry Rivinsgton. Though I needed to do a better job steaming the fold wrinkles out of the shirt.

NdrmgA1.jpg
    You wear it well!
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    You wear it well!

Agree! you totally nailed it. great physique, could be a behind the scenes pic, it was totally worth to buy the re-release tf jeans -{
    I'm still waiting for the restock of the TB Shirt in their online-shop, last piece missing...
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    You wear it well!

Agree! you totally nailed it. great physique, could be a behind the scenes pic
    It's always great to see someone wearing an SA outfit whose actually built like Bond. Which is a big reason why all these outfits look so good on Daniel Craig and unimpressive on most others.
  • JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent
    I am the one it looks unimpressive on. lol.
    Noi wrote:
    You wear it well!

Agree! you totally nailed it. great physique, could be a behind the scenes pic
    It's always great to see someone wearing an SA outfit whose actually built like Bond. Which is a big reason why all these outfits look so good on Daniel Craig and unimpressive on most others.
    "History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
    I have scoured eBay and Poshmark, not to mention all other places online for the Mercer 7FAMK jeans. I am either a 36 or 38 depending on the fit. I find a few different ones labeled Mercer, but they don't look like the ones you have pictured. Any advice?
    Bond44 wrote:
    JTM wrote:
    Bond44 wrote:
    Well finally after some many years (like over a decade) I picked up a pair of QOS slimmy 7 For All Mankind Jeans - so another one off my bucket list. So I guess it will be this today and then to settle down to Dr No tonight on the TV, what a day!

Cheers :007)

Where on earth did you find the jeans?!

The stars aligned in a crazy way. All my QOS purchases seem to happen by chance. eBay is my friend. When I got my Y3 the night I saw it I watched QOS. During the film I mused about buying another Y3 from Dan at Royale. Just by chance I searched eBay and saw what looked like a real one up as a buy it now, could not believe my luck, so I just bought it. Checked with DZ and found it was the real deal. This time 3 weeks ago QOS was on again, and I just checked for the jeans on a whim. Guess what a nearly new pair was listed. I watched them and then ruddy missed them first time due to work and the gutter no one had bid n them! Fast forward one week and they came up listed again and this time I got them! Oh the ruddy stress of this bond collecting milarky!

As I always say patience and eBay are your friend :D

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited July 2020
    JTullock23 wrote:

na you don't need a body like craig or a muscular body strucutre at all to look good or impressive in cloth, you just need the right size which works for you, some things looks just better in amovie because there are lot of people who are there to make bond look good, tailoring, light, camerangle, stylist, camerafilters and so on
    buying bond cloth is always if I could buy a bit of his attractivty and I think it works, with or without muscles
    You make a few good points there. Also, I do need to use the Bond 25 Fitness Challenge to my benefit. I haven't yet. I have sold men's fine clothing on and off for over a decade. Suiting to be exact. As you know, what a proper fit should be and what is comfortable aren't always the same thing.
    Noi wrote:
    JTullock23 wrote:

na you don't need a body like craig or a muscular body strucutre at all to look good or impressive in cloth, you just need the right size which works for you, some things looks just better in amovie because there are lot of people who are there to make bond look good, tailoring, light, camerangle, stylist, camerafilters and so on
    buying bond cloth is always if I could buy a bit of his attractivty and I think it works, with or without muscles

Can you tell me if the jeans run true to size? I've never owned a pair of 7's. Thanks!
    Bond44 wrote:
    And the full ensemble :))

108-B9-FD7-B00-C-4472-AF5-A-677-A6827-EF52.jpg

23-E716-F8-7083-44-E1-A04-C-4-FCFC28-ED220.jpg

• Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Thanks to Dan Love it was this today now I have his Enjoying Death shirt, which I fully recommend naturally!

EA7-CCEE5-6-F40-4978-ADD0-88-E64-DE930-CF.jpg

FF010-AF4-F9-D3-4-A04-8-F00-2-CE542589-E56.jpg
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
    JTullock23 wrote:
    Can you tell me if the jeans run true to size? I've never owned a pair of 7's. Thanks!
    Bond44 wrote:

True to size mine fitted like a glove

Good luck, patience is your friend!

• bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    I'm pretty QOS today with just a hint of CR and Spectre thrown in, dark wash jeans, brown chukkas, blue Vesper polo, shirt tail out, nato strap blue and black.
    Thank you. I plan to try to purchase a pair shortly, but may opt for a used pair from eBay, Poshmark, etc. before dropping some dough on some jeans.
    Bond44 wrote:
    JTullock23 wrote:
    Bond44 wrote:

True to size mine fitted like a glove

Good luck, patience is your friend!

Right on!
    bosoxfan wrote:
    I'm pretty QOS today with just a hint of CR and Spectre thrown in, dark wash jeans, brown chukkas, blue Vesper polo, shirt tail out, nato strap blue and black.

TF J26TFD001 jeans, Sperry Rivingston, 2220.80 on a Milanese, R&B Henley.

Z1X6Y2U.jpg

I have to say that the jeans photograph oddly. They look a lot darker photos than to the eye.
    Unintentionally it was actually QOS rig for an anniversary afternoon tea at a very special Bond location - got to hand it to my long haired general just occasionally she really pulls it out the bag.

Great afternoon, just wished I played golf, might have to pick up some sticks and start learning!

002-E82-DE-B30-E-4-B0-B-A229-D4950-E6-D7-D7-E.jpg
    Finally got a pair of Islays that fit. Went through Bodiley's - didn't get charged an import duty so I ended up saving a few hundred dollars.

unnamed.jpg
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:
    Finally got a pair of Islays that fit. Went through Bodiley's - didn't get charged an import duty so I ended up saving a few hundred dollars.

unnamed.jpg

Great buy. It doesn’t get much better than the C&J Islay boot -{
    Yes. Considerably!
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent
    I feel their comfort from just a picture! Enjoy. :007)
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    Wore the MA Rain Duster for the first time to watch Tenet yesterday. Resisted the urge to add the R&B Henley and just wore a plain cream tee and jeans. Silently patted myself on the back for that decision when the NTTD trailer came on!!! :))

Incredibly comfortable coat to wear - and got a compliment from the girl serving my beer at the cinema! Definitely needs to be worn unbuttoned. Tried to get the collar to stand up a little bit it’s so soft it pretty much flopped down.
    Yes. Considerably.
  • fleiterfleiter USPosts: 243MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:

unnamed.jpg

Do you guys go for your normal C&J size with Islays or do they have a different fit? I've heard they run big and since there's no stores around me to try always been hesitant about the sizing
    Someone who actually knows what they're talking about should weigh in.

But I'll share my recent experience. I'd been wearing a size 10.5 US shoe my whole life. A few years ago I bought - from this forum - a pair of Islays sized 9UK/10US. But they were *really* tight. I always thought that was odd. Half a size down in a pair of boots shouldn't have felt so tight.

For this second attempt at the Islays I went and got measured on a Brannock device before ordering. That was my first time and learned that my size (on my larger foot) is actually just shy of 11.5US but also narrow. Apparently this is a common thing. Lots of people are wearing shoes that are too small.

So I bought a 10UK/11US in the Islay this time. They def feel a little roomy but not loose and I don't have the proper thick wool socks atm. The widest part of my foot ls in the widest part of the shoe and the heel has (what I think) is the right amount of movement. I'm told these are the two most important aspects of fit aside from general comfort.

I don't own any previous C&J lasts to compare the Islays to. All of this was to suggest maybe getting sized on a Brannock if you haven't already and go from there. It seems to have worked for me.
    frommeyer wrote:
    Someone who actually knows what they're talking about should weigh in.

But I'll share my recent experience. I'd been wearing a size 10.5 US shoe my whole life. A few years ago I bought - from this forum - a pair of Islays sized 9UK/10US. But they were *really* tight. I always thought that was odd. Half a size down in a pair of boots shouldn't have felt so tight.

For this second attempt at the Islays I went and got measured on a Brannock device before ordering. That was my first time and learned that my size (on my larger foot) is actually just shy of 11.5US but also narrow. Apparently this is a common thing. Lots of people are wearing shoes that are too small.

So I bought a 10UK/11US in the Islay this time. They def feel a little roomy but not loose and I don't have the proper thick wool socks atm. The widest part of my foot ls in the widest part of the shoe and the heel has (what I think) is the right amount of movement. I'm told these are the two most important aspects of fit aside from general comfort.

I don't own any previous C&J lasts to compare the Islays to. All of this was to suggest maybe getting sized on a Brannock if you haven't already and go from there. It seems to have worked for me.

Thanks frommeyer for the info! Might as well do the same and get accurate measurement before ordering. I have the C&J Highbury in size 10 and figured for boots the fit would be different.
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    All of my C&J shoes are the same size on my side !!! Islays, Highbury, Tetbury, Alex.....all the same.
    Fred007 wrote:
    All of my C&J shoes are the same size on my side !!! Islays, Highbury, Tetbury, Alex.....all the same.

Sounds good then! guess I'm gonna go through Bodiley and get one for the fall! :))
  • CDPCDP Posts: 49MI6 Agent
    Mostly the same for me, and their sizes match with most other makers I use so seem pretty standard. The only exception are the non Bond but nice C&J Hartland unlined suede chukkas where I sized down a half.
    Fred007 wrote:
    Not so much what I'm wearing today as what I'm trying out today. N.Peal sent me a sweater with too few ribs between the shoulder patches but, that aside, I really like how it pairs with N.Peal's Spectre knit hat.

RmPLY7m.jpg