Tom Ford Skyfall Tie Special Order LAST DAY FOR ORDERS FRIDAY 15TH MAR

Comments

• MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Mike
    Its based on the numbers each member has confirmed they definitely will order.
    Some are ordering a single tie, some all three, and some have confirmed two of each etc.
    A few did say, definitely xxx but may order more. In that case ive only put down the definite number and they can then add more when order goes to Luigi (ive intimated to him the members who indicated theyd order more)...

That's what I thought but I just wanted to make sure :D
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    OP, just sent you a PM with my details.

To cut a long story short, have been away from the forum for almost a year for personal reasons, just reconnected out of chance and saw this... did a quick financial check and HAD TO PLUNGE IN. Hope I made it (will try directly with Luigi if I don't hear back) but if not, no hard feelings, of course. Chance (or fate) would not have me in, I guess.

Seems appropriate that a TF project 'welcomes me back' to ajb007. Last I was around I was lucky enough to grab a Spectre knit tie, and had to pass on the blouson at the time of my 'disappearing'.

In any event, thanks and props to all members involved for making this happen, and glad to be back. Will stay around.
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Pedro
    All details received and you are on the list!
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    Gents

Luigi has confirmed you will shortly receive emails confirming the order process. Please look out for the email!

This will be open until 1st March as TF want this to wrap up swiftly.

Luigi is hopeful the ties will be ready for shipping within 6 weeks, so mid April.

So all in all a very fast turnaround.

Having got this far my big ask is we all reply and commit quickly to get this completed

Thanks for the update and i'll keep an eye on my email!
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 361MI6 Agent
    Just contacted Luigi hopefully not too late.
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
    Nope, but we are getting close to last orders! Ive sent him your details

Luigi will email everyone next week re ordering. Deadline for order placement will be 15th March...

I must also say thank you to everyone for the many thank you messages. Whilst time consuming, sometimes frustrating and occasionally hard work.... Its worth it when it comes off.

And to know how many members will be united with a long wanted item, its worth it!

Nice gift arrived too from a member, thanks buddy!

DSC-2071.jpg

Gents
    Dont panic re no email from Luigi, a few of you have messaged me. Hes just confirming final details with tf management.
    When the email is sent I'll post on here and if anyone hasnt received it drop me a message.

• cahcah Terrigal, AustraliaPosts: 26MI6 Agent
    Gents I have only just come across this thread, is it too late to jump on board for 3 ties?
    cah wrote:
    Gents I have only just come across this thread, is it too late to jump on board for 3 ties?

Added in the nick of time! :) -{

• writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Gents
    Dont panic re no email from Luigi, a few of you have messaged me. Hes just confirming final details with tf management.
    When the email is sent I'll post on here and if anyone hasnt received it drop me a message.

Wasn't exacly "panicking", but good to hear. Thanks for the update!
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Luigi is requesting photocopies of my passport and front and back of my credit cards. This is crazy as it against all banking policy and voids any insurace and anti fraud protection they offer on this transaction and others with this card in future.

I’m ordering ties not firearms aren’t I ?
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Luigi is requesting photocopies of my passport and front and back of my credit cards. This is crazy as it against all banking policy and voids any insurace and anti fraud protection they offer on this transaction and others with this card in future.

I haven't received an email from Luigi yet. I assume they've been sent to everyone now?
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:

I remember this being the same protocol as the one used for the Tom Ford Morocco tie special order. It gave me pause and I ended up ordering via wire transfer even though it cost more with the fee involved. I may go that route again.
    Asp9mm wrote:

If I can make a suggestion you should reach out to your CC issuer and let them know that you'll be having an international manual entry credit card transaction from Tom Ford Milan. This way when the transaction is presented it doesn't trigger any red flags. This is exactly what I had to do when I bought my Harrington 8-) I was thinking that Tom Ford needs to have some sort of portal where a person can log in and pay via CC or PayPal......
    I’ve just been speaking to Amex and my bank. This policy does indeed void all payment protection in perpetuity for that card if you do this.

I’ve never had to do this with any other TF purchase.
  • SenorJon21SenorJon21 Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    I’ve just been speaking to Amex and my bank. This policy does indeed void all payment protection in perpetuity for that card if you do this.

This is something that concerns me as well. I have placed manual entry orders before over the phone and via e-mail.

Have you sent him a message requesting him to waive the requirement?
    SenorJon21 wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

This is something that concerns me as well. I have placed manual entry orders before over the phone and via e-mail.

Yeah. Apparently it’s company policy. Which goes against international banking policy. It may protect them, but removes any protection the card issuer offers the customer. I bought a gun yesterday without doing any of that :))
    edited February 2019
    Asp9mm wrote:
    SenorJon21 wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

Yeah. Apparently it’s company policy. Which goes against international banking policy. It may protect them, but removes any protection the card issuer offers the customer. I bought a gun yesterday without doing any of that :))

Buy a gun no problem! Buy a few ties from Tom Ford Milan red flags :)) I'm just curious but which type of AMEX card were you trying to use Green/Gold/Platinum?
  • monstermonster Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    This request (ID & CC Details) from LUIGI is the same as when the SKYFALL HARRINGTON JACKET orders were taken.
    There was NO PROBLEM with those orders.
    Basically DO YOU TRUST Tom Ford ....... in my case ...... of course I do. You're not dealing with a backstreet, dodgy, shady company.
    monster wrote:
    This request (ID & CC Details) from LUIGI is the same as when the SKYFALL HARRINGTON JACKET orders were taken.
    Basically DO YOU TRUST Tom Ford ....... in my case ...... of course I do. You're not dealing with a backstreet, dodgy, shady company.

It was actually Quantum of Solace ;) I'm going to assume that not everyone who is buying a tie/s was involved in the Harrington project so if this is their first time it may be a little shocking to provide some of the information requested. As someone who works in the banking world i was a little hesitant to provide my details like that especially for a international transaction but that's why i let my issuer know what was going on. I don't think it's an issue of not trusting a company but having that much personal/financial info provided can be unsettling for a lot of people.
    When Luigi says deposit, is he looking for a % of the order, or the total amount?
    When Luigi says deposit, is he looking for a % of the order, or the total amount?

To be on the safe side I would operate under the idea that he's looking for the whole amount....
  • monstermonster Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    As before with other TF Projects ....... including the QOS HARRINGTON & POLO
    Luigi will take Payment details first ........ Then after the minimum order number has been achieved ..... at that point Luigi will start taking the Full Payments.
    monster wrote:

TF isn’t the problem, apart from the small fact they are breaking many transaction and payment laws and practices. If you email your details, then that email is around for decades not just at TF but on many servers around the world. It’s utterly crazy for anyone to send their passport and credit card scans in an email, madness. This was never required on the original SF tie run, or any runs from C&J, T&A, Dunhill or Lobb.

Anyway, as it stands, Luigi agrees and a simple written confirmation is now all he requires. So all is good.
    Asp9mm wrote:
    monster wrote:

TF isn’t the problem, apart from the small fact they are breaking many transaction and payment laws and practices. If you email your details, then that email is around for decades not just at TF but on many servers around the world. It’s utterly crazy for anyone to send their passport and credit card scans in an email, madness. This was never required on the original SF tie run, or any runs from C&J, T&A, Dunhill or Lobb.

Anyway, as it stands, Luigi agrees and a simple written confirmation is now all he requires. So all is good.

So am i correct in assuming that he only needs us to provide the Tom Ford order form?
    And written authorisation with the details of the amount and who you authorise payment to.

Here is what he said...

“Thanks for your recommendation, I will forward it to the company accountant department.

In case would you prefer to pay by card please send the authorization form and a text on the email stating as follow:

“I authorize TOM FORD RETAIL ITALIA SRL to charge my credit card given for the amount of euro ____”

Hope this solution will work for you.

Regards”
    edited February 2019
    I noticed a discrepancy in the Tie Style #'s for the Meeting M and PTS ties;

Meeting M: Photo indicates TFT26-B but text indicates TFT42-B
    PTS: Photo indicates TFT26-D but text indicates TFT42-D

Tri-Colour: Photo indicates TFT42-A and text also indicates the same model #.

Which one is the correct model# for M & PTS ties that we are to note on the order form? I assume it's the latter which closely matches the tri-colour?
    I noticed a discrepancy in the Tie Style #'s for the Meeting M and PTS ties;

Meeting M: Photo indicates TFT26-B but text indicates TFT42-B
    PTS: Photo indicates TFT26-D but text indicates TFT42-D

Tri-Colour: Photo indicates TFT42-A and text also indicates the same model #.

Which one is the correct model# for M & PTS ties that we are to note on the order form? I assume it's the latter which closely matches the tri-colour?

I did the 1JB-TFT codes for all three ties.