Tom Ford Skyfall Tie Special Order LAST DAY FOR ORDERS FRIDAY 15TH MAR

Comments

• writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    I wish that the 4th Tom Ford tie was included in this project but then I would have ordered 6 or 7 ties all together :s

Me too (but I would have behaved amount wise).
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    I wish that the 4th Tom Ford tie was included in this project but then I would have ordered 6 or 7 ties all together :s

Is this the black and grey squares one from the final scene??
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:

Is this the black and grey squares one from the final scene??

Yes!
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    There was a couple of considerations as to why I didnt involve tie 4

1. Was it getting too complex with 3 at once let alone 4
    2. Popularity / screen time
    3. Its quite a straight forward design and not hard to pick up similar designs
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

I figured #2 would be the major reason as it's only got about 2 minutes of screen time. Do you know what the model # was?
    MikeG77 wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

I figured #2 would be the major reason as it's only got about 2 minutes of screen time. Do you know what the model # was?

I'm not sure of the the model number* but I do have two of these ties (one standard—3", and one skinny—2.25") if you'd like some pics?

*however the three ties on the project are 1JB-TFT42-A (tri-colour), 1JB-TFT42-B (Granborough) and 1JB-TFT42-D (PTS)...so it might be the missing letter, TFT42-C?
    JTM wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

I'm not sure of the the model number* but I do have two of these ties (one standard—3", and one skinny—2.25") if you'd like some pics?

*however the three ties on the project are 1JB-TFT42-A (tri-colour), 1JB-TFT42-B (Granborough) and 1JB-TFT42-D (PTS)...so it might be the missing letter, TFT42-C?

I would appreciate it if you could post a close up shot of the pattern for the missing tie. Regarding the missing model # having a "C" seems like a logical conclusion but I'll have to keep my eyes open.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    edited March 2019
    I think those codes may have been generated for these runs only or maybe for the original custom order from EON but maybe your right

I think the big q is were these ties (in the correct width) ever available for retail or just a special order?

The only one ive seen for retail is the tri tie and end scene tie but wrong width (not sure about width on end tie)

I dont think anybody ever picked up the Granborough or PTS as a retail tie. We had VERY similar ones but dont think they were quite SA if my memory is correct

I have the code for the retail verison of the Tri Tie (wrong width) as I bought one and it was used by TF for this project. I dont think it has a Bond code
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 351MI6 Agent
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
    Thats been on there for ages now... Did consider messaging him about this thread / project :))
    Also the blue is not deep enough on the pictures, may be just the light etc he took them in

007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Thats been on there for ages now... Did consider messaging him about this thread / project :))
    Also the blue is not deep enough on the pictures, may be just the light etc he took them in

No wonder! It's obscenely overpriced especially for a tie that's not screen accurate! I have no qualms with sending him a message just to understand his reasoning for such a ludicrous price but I can't seem to find the listing via the eBay app.... but I'll just keep this project secret :D
    MikeG77 wrote:
    I would appreciate it if you could post a close up shot of the pattern for the missing tie.

Can do mate :) I'll get some pictures tomorrow morning my time when I have some better light.
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Yeah it's been in my watch list for months now to check if the seller would have any success...doesn't surprise me that he hasn't had any luck, even after the price was dropped a few hundred pounds a couple of times. Insane price to ask for a non SA item, especially just a tie! :s
    Tie orders received have moved again
    A (tri) 46
    B (Gran) 39
    D (pts) 37

Just to stress, once minimum numbers are hit and we get to 15th March the order book will be closed.

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Tie orders received have moved again
    A (tri) 46
    B (Gran) 39
    D (pts) 37

Just to stress, once minimum numbers are hit and we get to 15th March the order book will be closed.
    and the minimum number is 50 for each?
    A 47
    B 43
    D 40

So 1,4 and 3 short respectively

• MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 416MI6 Agent
    What happens if some ties hit the required amount and others don’t?
    No idea! :)
    Hopefully we are close enough now that a few more orders will get in and that question doesnt need answering

007JBDCMWR wrote:
    A 47
    B 43
    D 40

So 1,4 and 3 short respectively

Very close now! I'm sure we won't have any problems hitting the requirement with only eight more ties to order total :)
    JTM wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:
    I would appreciate it if you could post a close up shot of the pattern for the missing tie.

Can do mate :) I'll get some pictures tomorrow morning my time when I have some better light.

Here you go Mike:

TF-End-Scene.jpg

Similar to the tri-colour tie it's a very difficult one to photograph—the fabric really picks up the light. I'd say look at the edges of the tie for an accurate point of view.
  • thelordflasheartthelordflasheart Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    I bought two of these but only wear one...I wonder if mine are screen accurate or if it was the same pattern but a different release? Anyone know the product code?
    JTM wrote:
    JTM wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:

Here you go Mike:

TF-End-Scene.jpg

Similar to the tri-colour tie it's a very difficult one to photograph—the fabric really picks up the light. I'd say look at the edges of the tie for an accurate point of view.
  • -_Quantum_--_Quantum_- Posts: 101MI6 Agent
    Forgot to send my e-mail over the weekend. It is now in!
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    After being sick (still am) for days with a broken printer and scanner at home, I managed to send in my authorization.
    JTM wrote:
    JTM wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:

Here you go Mike:

TF-End-Scene.jpg

Thanks for the picture! The pattern seems to be more pronounced in the final scene of Skyfall but that could be because of the lighting.
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Got access to a printer and submitted my order today. 2 x tricolour and 1 x PTS as originally committed to.

Again thanks to 007JBDCMWR for making this happen!
    A 48
    B 40
    D 40

So A and D numbers met and just 3 off Granbro hitting.

Luigi has stressed that orders need to be in asap, so if you havent yet replied please try to over the weekend.

Orders will close 15th prompt and numbers will go up for fabric ordering and production will commence.

No late replies will be accepted

Ohh yeaahh, minimum numbers reached for all three! -{
  • BrackleyBondBrackleyBond Oundle, NorthamptonshirePosts: 87MI6 Agent
    Great email to start the day to!
    edited March 2019
    JTM wrote:
    Ohh yeaahh, minimum numbers reached for all three! -{

LOL I just got the email and really excited....now i gotta be patient and wait for my ties to show up! Did I mention I'm not a patient person :))