New poll (2020): Who do you want as the next James Bond?

Comments

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,728MI6 Agent

I think I'd need a bit suggestion of where that 'message' comes from. Just writing things down doesn't make them true! 😁

• SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,545MI6 Agent

Yeah considering that Twitter account's (impressive 97,000 followers though) website has this disclaimer on its homepage:

DEUXMOI.WORLD PUBLISHES RUMORS & CONJECTURE, NOT FACTS. IN ADDITION TO INFORMATION REPORTED DIRECTLY FROM SOURCES, CERTAIN CHARACTERS, SITUATIONS, AND EVENTS PORTRAYED ON THIS WEBSITE ARE EITHER PRODUCTS OF THE AUTHORS IMAGINATION OR CONJECTURE. INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE MAY CONTAIN INACCURACIES. THE PROPRIETOR OF THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT MAKE WARRANTY AS TO THE RELIABILITY, VALIDITY OR CORRECTNESS OF THE CONTENT OF THE SITE’S CONTENT OR OF THE INFORMATION SENT DIRECTLY FROM SOURCES. MATERIALS PUBLISHED ON THIS SITE SENT DIRECTLY FROM OTHER SOURCES ARE NOT THE RESPSONSIBILTY OF DEUXMOI.WORLD.

It should probably be taken with a huge tub of salt. But the timing of such a teaser trailer would be good for a 2024 release for Bond26 which is on the cards, as I've explained in past posts.

• superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent

If are going for someone under 35 my top two choices would be Leo Suter or Aaron Pierre both fit the bill physically and agewise(29 and 28) and imho both very good actors and good in action scenes.

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,415Chief of Staff

Only weeks after resigning from "The Witcher", Henry Cavill.is dropped as Superman since they're looking for a younger actor to play Supes in his earlier years (hmm, that has a familiar ring to it).

At 39 he might be a shade too old for Eon to snap up though, even if they wanted him after playing Superman for a few years and movies.

• ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent

39/40 seems a great age to start as Bond to me.Hopefully Cavill gets the job.

Yes. Considerably!

I agree.. don’t particularly want to see a young Bond(if must though)..around 41 ideal to start tenure imho…4 movies..41…44..47..50.. perfect!!

• 00Stirl00Stirl Posts: 52MI6 Agent

Henry is great. Really like him….Man from Uncle and was superb in Mi. BUT, sorry…. He’s too beefed up 😎

• JTBondJTBond Posts: 112MI6 Agent

Cavill has always been my preferred choice. To me he is the slam dunk casting that pretty much guarantees another successful run for the franchise.

Problem is he does seem a bit no-brainer, I agree. Plus he's got his own spy movie series with Argylle now.

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,818MI6 Agent

Cavill is s more realistic candidate now than he was just a week ago. I think he can be a good 007, but I think he would be best suited as a lighter Bond.

Or a compromise, finding a tone That's closer to Brosnan. I don't think the audience is ready for Bond to go "full Roger" just yet.

😁😂

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent

You do know that the muscles you develop from weight training aren't permanent but need to be maintained? Cavill could be as skinny as Brosnan if he wanted (although he'll never be as narrow in the shoulders as Pierce).

• 00Stirl00Stirl Posts: 52MI6 Agent

Jamie Dornan has some of his character me’s thinks but is more the correct size.

On the other hand, might be great for the larger folk amongst us when fitting the clothing range 😂 me included of course.

• Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent

I don’t think Cavill is in the running, although I wish he was. He’d be my top choice. In any event, it’’s a shame the way Warner Brothers has treated him. That studio is a train wreck. We’re fortunate they didn’t end up with Bond.

Roger less or Roger Moore, that's the question.

• JTBondJTBond Posts: 112MI6 Agent

Exactly. He's a young looking 39 as well. Not quite as rugged as DC, so I could see a 15 year/5 movie run if the studio handled it properly. (Giant "if" I know)

Not to mention he loves the franchise and likely wouldn't be pushing for himself to be cremated at the end of his tenure.

Definitely… bring fun back to the franchise!

Some think Cavill has done too much bodybuilding for James Bond. 007 certainly shouldn't have too large muscles, looking like he spends much of the day lifting weights. Ideally he should look like Connery in DAD ..... I mean hos early Bond movies.

• SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,545MI6 Agent

Cavill is to be the lead in a Warhammer Netflix series. No Bond for him.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/henry-cavill-warhammer-40000-amazon-1235283251/

Now that you mention it, the movie may have been DAF and not DAD ..... 😂

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,332MI6 Agent

Dan Stevens missed his window as well, IMO. He's 40 now. He'd have been fantastic.

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent

Not even Connery wanted to look like Connery in DAF.

• HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent

Aaron Taylor-Johnson might be someone who EON sees as being able to make a long term commitment to Bond, not just based upon age but on the possibility that AT-J might be quite content with being Bond for the next 10 years and making Bond money while still being able to continue to take on character roles (where half the time he is unrecognizable) in smaller studio films and indies.

I also recall Tom Britney being brought up as a potential Bond. My wife and I and Grantchester fans and I think Britney looks right, has a great voice and is a decent enough actor. My one big reservation with Britney is he just has a very ungraceful walk.....kind of duck footed and hunched forward. He would need some serious work to be able to get down the "Bond Walk" and could use some more gym time to get a bit leaner.

• IstvanTheHun007IstvanTheHun007 Posts: 75MI6 Agent

Apparently Aaron Taylor-Johnson has filmed a gun barrel sequence for EON. As a screen test, or for a rumoured teaser next March?

Yes, that's the latest rumour. While it isn't impossible, history tells us early rumours are seldom true.

I think it's fairly close to impossible: with no director, costume designer, cinematographer etc. (unless all positions have been secretly filled!) it would seem incredibly unlikely that they've shot anything.

The screentest are done to movie standards with costumes, sets, lighting, music etc. so I don't think that's a problem. I just don't think they've made up their minds yet.