Watching the 007 movies together?

Comments

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Gymkata wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    Gymkata: since you're the GIFmaster I have a request. I'm re-watching MR for the first time in ages, and I think the ambulance sequence has potential. Sir Roger pulls some funny faces when he's strapped to the gurney. the moment in the ambulance fight where he falls face first in Dr Goodhead's crotch also has potential as a GIF :D

as of yet, all I've done is find gifs on the net, not created any. Honestly, there hasn't been much need to create any as others have created plenty. That said, I'll see what I can find for you.

Yes but we’re all far too lazy to go and search for them ourselves, so you’re a great help!
    Barbel wrote:
    Please, could any members in the Eastern Pacific area confirm that they are going to join us (or not) to allow Higgins to set an appropriate time to watch?

Well as for me in the Western Pacific, I’ll be there...but like the others, I’m more than happy with a time that’s more suitable for you blokes on the other side of the planet. I’ll be there either way :)
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,323Chief of Staff
    Thanks, JTM. We aim to please all- well, at least I do. Higgins aims to please all except Asp9mm.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Oh, you had to mention that blithering idiot again! X-(
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,969MI6 Agent
    Gymkata wrote:
    mr.gif?resize=660%2C281
    lm1TkXWqAcowpSR6JcgwoCehKv9S1IUSQ4PvGxohqCutXd3ms7pOUX8g-sXltnYxzrYCJeMqVFeKJyn6XRsuELFG4EtuRLWUvhxxurp1gISy8yHfUskzfMBKImh6wgp76_w
    cd3aaccf55fd37c989bfc72a5b663102.gif

lol! Proof that, contrary to unfair popular belief, Sir Roger was able to accompany his trademark raising of an eyebrow with at least one or two other expressive facial movements!
    Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    I'm continuing a conversation we had in the thread about the online Skyfall "screening" tonight. I'm enjoying our shared watching of Bond films a lot and I hope and belive we'll keep on enjoying it for a long time. But sooner or later we'll run out of Bond films or we'll feel the need to shake it up a bit. I think we can watch other spy films (Harry Palmer? Johnny English?) or "men on a mission" films ("Where Eagles dare") from time to time. It's been pointed out by several of us that all of us probably don't have those movies available. This is of course a good point, but I don't think this is a prerequisite. It's enough that a small group has the film and wants to see it. It's no civil right to be a part of every shared watching in AJB. It will only happen rarely and it's just a for a nigh.
    Please share your opinions :)
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Kingsman :v
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    tenor.gif?itemid=5289354

Don't get uspet, Higgins. We'll get to watch LTK together :)
    Number24 wrote:
    I'm continuing a conversation we had in the thread about the online Skyfall "screening" tonight. I'm enjoying our shared watching of Bond films a lot and I hope and belive we'll keep on enjoying it for a long time. But sooner or later we'll run out of Bond films or we'll feel the need to shake it up a bit. I think we can watch other spy films (Harry Palmer? Johnny English?) or "men on a mission" films ("Where Eagles dare") from time to time. It's been pointed out by several of us that all of us probably don't have those movies available. This is of course a good point, but I don't think this is a prerequisite. It's enough that a small group has the film and wants to see it. It's no civil right to be a part of every shared watching in AJB. It will only happen rarely and it's just a for a nigh.
    Please share your opinions :)

We could start all over again in a chronological order.
    That may also put emphasize on how bad Dalton really was,,so this could be an educational experience for everyone - again :D

I too would like to start the Bond films again in chronological order. I think watching AVTAK before LTK can be very educational. :D
    That would be a glowing tribute, Mr Gym. Heartwarming.
    Is it only me, or was yesterday‘s viewing not well attended/commented?
    Should we have a break of 1week?

The good TV programs on Fridays just started their summer holliday, so the timing is impecable :))
    But other than that I agree.
    I thought it went well, but it's up to you.
    ….. or do I agree? I agree that a pause for a week is okay and perhaps even good, but I think the Skyfall session was very nice and fun for everyone who wanted attend.
    Higgins wrote:
    Is it only me, or was yesterday‘s viewing not well attended/commented?
    Should we have a break of 1week?

Well the SF thread had more or less the same number of posts as the previous two, DAD and GE...and actually most of the others as well. The majority of our rewatch threads have had around 400 posts—the outliers being TLD with 580 and MR with only 300.

So I think it might be just you and your brain overthinking it :)
    Higgins AND his brain? Are you implying the two aren't always working together :v :))
    Or at all?

Anyway, I suggest FRWL next and though I'd prefer Monday I'd be ok with Friday.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Higgins AND his brain? Are you implying the two aren't always working together :v :))

There’s a fundamental flaw in that whole sentence.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,969MI6 Agent
    I'm happy to go with whichever Bond films are left and at whatever frequency people prefer. My own limitation is I can only be around for viewings in the BST evenings, so if the time needs to vary to encourage wider participation I'd sit out some of them. It's fun to watch the Bonds with other fans, regardless of whether there's consensus or division. I rate DAF and LTK among my all-time favourites and so, if viewing those, I'd happily be among the outliers! I'd be in favour of FRWL next, though.
    Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.
    Ok,I have set FRWL for Monday, 19:00 GMT {[]

Thanks Higgins. That was what I was hoping for.
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,944MI6 Agent
    suggestion Barbel:

once all these groupwatches are done, could the various threads with the realtime commentaries be moved into the James Bond films subforum?

There's quite a few nuggets of information buried in there (eg your own music comments), and it's fun to read through the spontaneous comments and discussion. Folks don't have so much time to intellectualize, they just react and hit post, so in some ways the opinions are more real.

I think these discussions would be more likely to be read through again in the future if they were in the Films subforum than here.
    Sure, good idea.
    Perhaps we could rename them something like "AJB live commentary on (title)"?
    No objections from my side.

But I‘d prefer having the present viewings in the off-topic as the traffic here is higher.

Barbel wrote:
    Sure, good idea.
    Perhaps we could rename them something like "AJB live commentary on (title)"?

Shall I do the renaming of the titles?

I wondered from the start why these threads weren't in the James Bond Films subforum. So yes, I think Caractacus Potts idea is a good one.
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,944MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    No objections from my side.

But I‘d prefer having the present viewings in the off-topic as the traffic here is higher.
    oh I agree
    while we're still doing Group Viewings, the previous threads are going to be easier to find while they are all still in the same subforum (ie this OffTopic subforum)

only once yall have watched all 24 movies, or the quarantine ends and our schedules return to normal, should they all be moved as a group to the Bond Films subforum
    Higgins wrote:
    Shall I do the renaming of the titles?
    its your project, you should decide on what to call your threads!

and apologies all, for not participating in the last few.
    I've been trying to get more disciplined about "working from home".
    But i always like to read the threads once you folks are done, they are very funny.
    Yes, Higgins, by all means you do the renaming.