AJB live commentary on GOLDENEYE

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    I think Scorupco is very good.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,335Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    It‘s the first time that we can sense a decent amount of negativity in these groupviewings.
    I thought, that you‘d be better than this, barbel :D

I can't be responsible for what you think, Higgins.
  • Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,969MI6 Agent
    This famous scene between Brosnan and Judi Dench... Bond gets a hard time from both M and Moneypenny, as well as Natalya, at times. This movie was partly pitched at winning new young audiences from the Britpop generation - Cool Britannia was all about referencing icons of 60s cool, including Bond - but it's as if this movie doesn't want to present a new Bond for the 90s without also giving him a hard time over his traditional sexist attitudes. That was the problem with 'knowing' 90s Britpop... it wanted its cultural cake and to eat it too!
    Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.
    Dench and Brosnan work together just fine.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    It‘s the first time that we can sense a decent amount of negativity in these groupviewings.
    I thought, that you‘d be better than this, barbel :D

Were you not awake for the TLD viewing?
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Shady Tree wrote:
    This famous scene between Brosnan and Judi Dench... Bond gets a hard time from both M and Moneypenny, as well as Natalya, at times. This movie was partly pitched at winning new young audiences from the Britpop generation - Cool Britannia was all about referencing icons of 60s cool, including Bond - but it's as if this movie doesn't want to present a new Bond for the 90s without also giving him a hard time over his traditional sexist attitudes. That was the problem with 'knowing' 90s Britpop... it wanted its cultural cake and to eat it too!

Wait for NTTD, that'll be really interesting.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited April 2020
    JTM wrote:

Were you not awake for the TLD viewing?

I haven‘t noticed anything undeservedly negative then
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    MGW cameo! Same part as in OP!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    St Petersburg, the capital of Russia!
  • Spy⁰⁰⁷Spy⁰⁰⁷ Posts: 18MI6 Agent
    I know Serra's GE Score isn't traditionally Bondian, but I like it. Maybe one Could call it the European Bond Score. I like the echoes & chants in the Score, it really captures the Russian atmosphere. Plus, the Score has good romantic tracks as well. The only thing the Score lacks is good Action Bond Music....still I think it's an Experimental Bond Score that works.
    edited April 2020
    Gymkata wrote:
    You know...these huge 'save the world' missions. Why do they always just send one 00 agent on these? Are there always multiple 'save the world' missions going on at any given time that use the others or what?

She'd probably send the other OO's out after Bond too. Just in case he screws up again.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Funny, the russian general wis a tjörman acsent
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    I know Serra's GE Score isn't traditionally Bondian, but I like it. Maybe one Could call it the European Bond Score. I like the echoes & chants in the Score, it really captures the Russian atmosphere. Plus, the Score has good romantic tracks as well. The only thing the Score lacks is good Action Bond Music....still I think it's an Experimental Bond Score that works.

Have you met our man Higgins?
    Desmond Llewelyn! :x :x :x :x
    Mishkin is great. Like Pushkin from TLD, he arguably deserved to be a semi-regular. Shame he doesn't get more to do before he's bumped off.
    I don't care if it's obvious he's reading his lines, he's still Q.
    Gymkata wrote:
    You know...these huge 'save the world' missions. Why do they always just send one 00 agent on these? Are there always multiple 'save the world' missions going on at any given time that use the others or what?

Because this is James Bond and not “a bunch of random agents”. It works because the movies need a big hero, not a bunch of them.
    Lovely warmth between 007 and Q
    Barbel wrote:

No, I haven't.
    Ugh, the BMW convertible. Couldn’t they have picked a better car, in a better colour than that?
    Ah, here's Brad Whitaker. Oh, wait a minute...
    edited April 2020
    Desmond Llewelyn... I love how he immediately bounced off any and every new Bond actor. This is the first film in which his voice sounds really slurry, though.
    Barbel wrote:

No, I haven't.

Then you are lucky! {[]
    JTM wrote:
    Ugh, the BMW convertible. Couldn’t they have picked a better car, in a better colour than that?

My ex had one. It is very much a girls car.
    The “Writing’s on the Wall”... :v
    edited April 2020
    Gymkata wrote:

The score does have its defenders and fans. Glad to have you chime in that you like it. It'd be a boring world if we all liked the same things!

True.
    JTM wrote:
    The “Writing’s on the Wall”... :v

:)) :)) :))
    Joe Don Baker plays Wade just like he played Whitaker. Come back Felix, all is forgiven!
    They must’ve really liked Joe Don Baker.
    Gymkata wrote:
    Nice genuine laugh from Q there. Felt like a broken take that they kept in just because it felt right.

With that added snort, too.