See Higgins, he's the watch guy.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Rosamund with hair open! Yess!

:x :x
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,348Chief of Staff
    Title drop
  • Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,969MI6 Agent
    If this was meant to be a homage to the iconic GF laser sequence... it's over-Kil.
    Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.
    Shady Tree wrote:
    If this was meant to be a homage to the iconic GF laser sequence... it's over-Kil.

:)) :)) :))
    Gymkata wrote:
    this laser beam fight is ridiculous. Bond is so clearly overmatched here physically it's stupid

The speed and random movement of the lasers are ridiculous as well. I doubt they would’ve both remained laser cut free.
    Brosnan puts some Connery-style gravel in his voice when he outs Graves as 'Colonel...'

This three-way play between Frost, Graves and Bond is good. Graves is in Trevelyan territory here... but playing it better imho.
    Gymkata wrote:
    Honestly, Halle Berre is pretty terrible in this. She looks great but her line delivery is tonally off with what's going on in the film. At the same time, I honestly think that Pierce is absolutely nailing it with arguably his best acting in the franchise.

Totally agree. Whatever is wrong with this film (and there is plenty) it isn't him.
    Gymkata wrote:
    Also, I take back my earlier comment regarding Stephens not being physically similar to Moon. I thought he was much taller. It turns out they're similar enough so as to not stretch feasibility.

Yeah, you see that when he's next to Brosnan.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,801MI6 Agent
    edited April 2020
    I'm getting near the next surfing scene. timesteamp so I don't have to watch it twise?
    edited April 2020
    He arranged the overdose of the athlete in Sydney? Sydney olympics were late 2000, if this is set in 2002 when it came out, Moon/Graves would have been still in Korea or would have just started recovery/treatment during the Olympics.

Edit: Remembered that Frost was a double agent before Bond was captured, nevermind.
    Oh dear, here comes the surfing scene.
    Music- "Bond Kidnaps Skidoo" not on the OST
    For Bond's awful descent from his cliff-hanging moment, Arnold briefly arranges the Bond theme as in Barry's 'Chateau Flight' for the TB PTS... but the musical evocation here just serves to emphasise the excruciating difference between Bond done for real and this...
    ...aaand here comes the invisible car. 8-) 8-) 8-)
    Global warming reference back in 2002; he’s getting in early!
    The surf scene …

tenor.gif?itemid=5356725
    The car chase has its moments.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Absolutely, here it‘s starring in a minute :007)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    The editing isn't as bad as QoS but it still is pretty terrible.
    Fast forward isn't a good techique in a Bond film :#
    Gymkata wrote:
    And now you know why you had that surfing scene in the beginning of the film. the Pre-Viz guys had come up with this stupid surfing scene to kick off the third act and they needed to establish earlier on that Bond knew how to surf.

While the PTS surfing scene was well shot (no CGI), I wish they had thought of another way for Bond and his team to infiltrate the place—the surfers would’ve been easily spotted by soldiers monitoring the beach. But I guess if needed that pre-established skill, the scene was required.
    Higgins, timestamp please?
    edited April 2020
    The tyre grip on those cars is perhaps the most unbelivable thing about the scene ….
    edited April 2020
    Apparently Tamahori decided late on that he wanted the car chase to go into the Ice Palace... giving Peter Lamont a lot to take on and adding massively to the film's budget. I'm glad the decision was made, though. Just a pity that Berry's weakness in this film makes rescuing Jinx less compelling an objective than it should be.
    Jinx’s outfit just seems stupid...a tight leather outfit in a freezing location like that ?:)
    I’ve always been quite fond of this car chase, especially the driving around inside the palace (invisible car part aside).
    Tamahori hd lots of bad ideas, including the code name theory, it's good to know he had some good ideas.
    Music- "Ice Palace Car Chase" not on OST
    Gymkata wrote:
    JTM wrote:
    I’ve always been quite fond of this car chase, especially the driving around inside the palace (invisible car part aside).

Honestly, the driving in the movie is pretty good. The traction on the tires is questionable but regardless, there's some really good driving going on.

Also, I'll say this: Bond's ring gadget is cleverly used in the film. Breaking the floor and then breaking the Vanish windshield...good stuff.

Yes this film definitely does have it positives. Unfortunately there are the big negatives that bring it down.