NTTD Navy Blue Swim Shorts

Comments

• Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent

We've been debating about possibilities with David. Would you mind sharing with me as well? Even via DM

• Hart008Hart008 Posts: 710MI6 Agent

I bought the xl using this info from amazon

• SIZING: the design of the shorts is shorter than regular sports shorts to allow more movement for weight training. Please refer to the "rise" measurement below for more accurate length. Model is 5'9 and wearing size medium. Waist sizes: S - 29''-31'' (77cm), M - 31''-33'' (81cm), L - 33''-35'' (86cm), XL - 35'' - 37'' (90cm). Rise ( from waist down) S 12" (30.5cm) M 12.5" (31.5cm) L 13" (33cm) XL 13" (33cm)

but it turns out from other members on this forum that im supposed to be an M - anyone open for trade?

Yes i did ride the CAT
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent

wouldn't be so sure about that. when the costum deptartment picking items for the film its not known if or for how long they appear on screen. there isn't a single shot of the Palladiums in the final movie but they aged and dyed them darker for what reason then? bc they didnt know if they get some screentime, same goes for the matera trunks, I would guess that they couldn't be sure that there is just a far away 2 sec shot. it would be pretty unusual to use the same swimming shorts for two different settings with years in between (movie timeline).

beside of that the movie looks to me as if there were a lot of editing, I am sure that they have much much more footage of the matera swimm scene/garage scene etc as we see in the final movie but thats just my humble opinion

however you might be right and they are identical, like: "oh we need a alternative for the swim-suit lets take the matera-shorts"

maybe Larlarb knows...

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent

Keep in mind there could be quite a difference in volume between what was filmed and what was shown in the final film. Those swimming trunks in the pretitle sequence got more screen time than the Orlebar Brown Setters in Skyfall, and look what that kicked off.

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent

Haha - I actually had the same thought the other day when people said RGT / Jeans had zero screentime etc then I watched Skyfall and thought the Orlebars was similar or worse!

Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent

Ahh yeah thats a good point! Maybe once the Blu-ray releases fingers crossed there will be plenty of behind the scenes and extras that could help out with that!

Does the bond franchise typically keep deleted scenes close to the vest and not really release a lot of stuff like that or is there usually a decent amount of extras in Deluxe or Special Edition type Blue rays?

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent

You might get an extra look at clothes via some BTS footage but they don't tend to drop deleted scenes or outtakes very often.

As dumb as this is, could anyone see what type of drawstring was used for the shorts? Obviously not looking for exact, because it is in fact just a string, but a couple details in deciding which type to put in the shorts:

Navy or Black , Flat or Round , the shape of the aglets (round, squared off, etc. also color of aglet - black, silver, etc)

The zippers are black so I wondered if the string was also black, but Id heard people say navy. Personally I couldnt see anything that could determine which color, but again I’d never in a million years be able to determine what the shorts were, so calling all expert detectives with above average to exceptional vision

Again, I realize this is probly stupid but if anyone could kinda see , Id love to know.

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent

I think David has a navy drawstring in his video with Suttirat, (after the interview, toward the end when he shows the Jed North shorts).

That’s the colour I’ve gone with too and a flat rather than rounded string.

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent

in the highest res pictures they look flat weave and navy - with what looks like plastic black or navy ends.

in fact they look identical to the ones that come with the shorts - just obvs not fluorescent yellow!

Incidentally I suppose it's just me that hears Arnold shouting "shut up and squat" whenever someone complains they've ordered a size too large?! 🤣

Excellent! Thank you!

this no doubt will be every bond fan the next few months trying to make their jeds wearable.

mine are coming in today

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    edited November 2021

If anyone needs an XL and is in UK, drop me a pm.

Just for £20 Inc UK postage.

Saves you the US postage and £5...

M

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    edited November 2021

These workout posts are killin me. Too funny!

Just received my Jeds. For me personally, seems fairly true to size. Maybe a tad larger in waist but drawstring makes that no problem.

They stretch A LOT, think thin under armour under shirt compression type material. They definitely feel like a “you get what ya pay for” kinda item. Zippers a tad chunky and cheap feeling, wavy, like after accidentally drying a hoodie on high heat. Also crazy strong chemical smell. It’ll most likely be gone after the wash, so not a big deal

About to swap the drawstring and theirs is stitched into the back of the waistband tag on each side so just a headsup on that. Just had to cut a couple small holes on the inner side of waistband (not visible at all) to cut out neon string.

Still nervous about removing the logo although Ive heard its fairly doable with the iron. I just dont want to melt the shorts because it is a lot of spandex. Definitely giving it a go, but kind of hoping someone has beat me to it and has some good tips.

For sizing, Id stick to true size because:

• they stretch a ton (supposed to)
    • drawstring can tighten if you have a tiny bit extra in waist area as I did
    • if you size down for that skin tight, show the world your package on a boat look, it will tug on the zippers and create a look that just kind of bunches up (think when chinos fit a little too snug and the pockets flair)
    • Overall, not a bad short for 20 bucks. Dont go into it thinking its a hidden gem, these are not OB’s, not even close. They are stretchy and slim, but not nearly as skin tight as I worried they’d be, so they are definitely wearable. Maybe not around town but could see these being worn in a tropical setting, with underwear bc without, the world will get to know you a tad too well.
    • i have no ide how to cut off the bullet points, but figured id share that info for anyone interested
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,325MI6 Agent

You have to be careful reading your post! I got mine today, and they're slightly revealing. When I read your post instead of "Maybe a tad larger" I read it as a Spoonerism......

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent

"So, DHL, why did you choose to continue your Bond partnership for No Time To Die?"

"Well we were on set and everyone just kept talking about Daniel delivering a package on his yacht. We can't wait to see the film..."

Underwear is a salient point - as someone noted earlier these are true shorts not your OB swimmers so there is of course no inner lining - also they're not entirely un see-through!

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent

Those shorts are nothing. Imagine my shock when I was looking at the belt detail. Seriously DC. Tuck it in or something.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent

Brilliant. My npeals fit screen accurate 😂🍸

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.

Hahahahaha

we may have wandered down a dangerous road here fellas..

• IceQIceQ Posts: 298MI6 Agent

So that’s where he was hiding his pistol…

• TR007TR007 Posts: 22MI6 Agent

I guess there was no point going off half cocked.

belly laughing at these posts oh man

I can hear it now..

Screen Accurate is hanging to the right in the n peals, and left in the jedds.

• drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent

Mine just arrived here in NYC. I ordered a L which is pretty true to size for me and they are SHORT. I don't think sizing up to an XL will change the situation much. Time will tell if I have the confidence to wear these at my local gym or by the pool....😅

• Fulci2020Fulci2020 Posts: 27MI6 Agent

My Jeds arrived yesterday in germany :). - I chose size M and they are perfect. -

I immediately set about making them screen acurrate. It took me 15 minutes in total.

It's all very simple:

The neon drawstrings are tied at the back of the waistband with two strings so that they don't slip out. I carefully undid these threads. You can't see any of it at the end. Then I tied the new navy laces to the neon drawstringe on one side and pulled them out. That's it.

As David from The Bond experience already said, I used a paper towel (kitchen towel or handkerchief as protection) to heat the spot on the logo again and again. And sprayed it wet beforehand. Then I could gradually scrape off the logo with my fingernail. Finally, I washed the shorts in the washing machine. There is nothing left of the logo.

I finally have my NTTD swim shorts - now summer can come again :-D

• _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent

Thanks for the method, that gives me more confidence!

Murder | Employment.
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent

So to be clear, you wet the logo before applying the hot iron?

Going to try this out tonight so just want to be sure!

Great tip about the drawstring by the way!

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    edited November 2021

Really appreciate the posts on how to go about removing the logo. Im too sure I’ll find a way to mess them up. So am I correct the steps are:

• Place shorts right side up with logo facing showing
    • wet the area the logo is with water
    • place thin type towel over area
    • and just iron over area checking to see letters to peel with fingers
    • (sorry, again cant get out of bullet point mode) But was there any trouble with the iron heating the material around the letters? Also ive heard steam, just standard iron, etc did it matter really or is it fairly simple and just iron and peel? Just wanna make sure I don’t completely ruin mine. Thank you everyone offering their tips it is greatly appreciated
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent

I pulled out the drawstring as far as possible. Then cut it off and simply tied the two ends to the neon-colored one...and then you have two blue ones hanging out in front and you're done 😁

**everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/