No Time To Die Navy Cap identification

Comments

• Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    edited November 2021

Only that it was much cheaper than P&S.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • goneontheroadgoneontheroad Posts: 168MI6 Agent

Why is there still speculation? This whole thread was started because the OP already identified it.

where’s he gone??

• CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent

Neither?

edited November 2021

Nope. Neither. The badge they removed is much squarer too.

Thanks for the info!

Do you have a pic to share?

Sorry, I missed a few posts.

So are we sure it not a P&S cap?

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent

No, we're not sure if it is or isn't the cap. To summarize:

• Bond's cap is navy, doesn't have eyelets around the crown, has a thicker strap on the back and it appears as though there was a smaller, squarish patch on the front that was removed, although the marks left by the stitching that held it on are still visible.
    • Someone on AJB claimed to know who made the cap, but has gone silent.
    • In an interview with the Bond Experience, Suttirat said she couldn't remember who made the cap, but that it wasn't an expensive brand like Burberry. She said she was going to try and check her notes from the film to find the brand. So far no additional info has been revealed.
    • @Mattia De Varti has suggested it could be a Paul & Shark cap since many of the characteristics match what we've seen in screen grabs/in the movie. A couple of concerns: some people think the patch (which would have been removed for the film) is too square, the back strap doesn't look like quite like the right design, and some people think Paul & Shark is too well known/too expensive a brand based on Suttirat's comments.
    • As far as I know, no one else has suggested another possibility for what brand/model it could be.

I think that about covers it! 😁

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

That about caps it!

• And the puns never cease...

Thank you so much for taking the time to summarise the situation.

Well appreciated!

edited November 2021

Are we getting closer ?

No eyelets and very thick band

Wash it once and it will have the same used look

The squared logo is maybe a false impression...

Which brand is it?

Think it is a bit too shiny, but you could be right about the logo!

It’s a bit too black as well. Like I said, the logo was removed. The stitching holes clearly stand out on the screen used one.

• TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent

Just done a poor photo edit on a low quality screen grab, looks like a Velcro type back strap (not press dot plastic if that makes sense), and although the front panels have no eyelets, they look evident on the side/rear panels.

i have found a D&G and Moncler that fit the bill, although the Moncler isn’t a square patch logo, and neither fit the ‘not a luxury brand’ statement from Suturat.

edited November 2021

The color of the cap is black, but just wanted to show the style and details.

I can see the eyelets on the last pic too.

There should be eyelets in the front too then!

I haven't seen any cap with such a large strap.

Will continue the search

edited November 2021

The screen used one is blue. There are eyelets in the front too. But they’re washed out on the screen due to the lighting and the angle they are at near the top.

• TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent

The fact there are eyelets on the front opens the field up widely to pretty much every brand.. maybe bond finally wears Patagonia!

• jordanpaulkellyjordanpaulkelly Posts: 11MI6 Agent

Hi, first ever post but this has me intrigued. What about this? Or similar?

You can get it in a washed out version, has the Velcro strap, albeit there’s writing on it but that could have been coloured out? Odessa is the model name. Possible contender given there are eyelets all the way around? Fits the cheap criteria as stated by Suttirat.

Welcome to the forum. Very good suggestion, in fact it was amongst my first drafts when trying to ID.

Two only things seem odd to me are that Bind's hasn't eyelets on the front and the back strap has the logo embroidered, while Bond's hasn't

I honestly can't see the eyelets on the front, and seen the movie quite some times both on the big screen and at home. They're for sure on the back, but not in the front.

Yep, the writing could have been coloured

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent

Craig has worn Carhartt caps in his private life too. Maybe he had one with him, the scene required a bit of improv and they took off the logo etc.

Good shout this suggestion.

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    edited November 2021

See how the eyelets can get obscured even with a good picture 😁

That’s what I was thinking. I know he’s a fan of the brand. The logo is square as opposed to rectangular. Obviously there’s some debate over whether there are eyelets on the front panels but I’ve ordered one just in case 😉

Do you have a link to where you purchased from? Cheers

Good old eBay. There appears to be a few for sale but it’s nots a current line on the Carhartt website.

Cheers - good price too!

• Sorry for delay. I've had a lot of personal stuff to take care of. Don't worry, this hat won't be discontinued any time soon.

jordanpaulkelly is right. It is the Carhartt washed cap with leather patch on the front.

There is stitching on the back strap that is a nightmare to remove. Better off leaving it if you ask me.

The patch on the front is easy to remove with a seam ripper. The hat is super cheap but in hand it's

actually pretty good quality. I'll upload a picture of mine with the leather patch removed. And I'll also

show you why you don't see the eyelets in the front. (it's just because of the angle)