No Time To Die Navy Cap identification

Comments

• MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 416MI6 Agent
    edited November 2021
  • SevenSeven Posts: 346MI6 Agent

• I can't go into too much detail but in the near future, I will be able to take a peak at the entire screen worn

boating outfit. I will jot down as many style numbers and codes as I can.

Now as a disclaimer, the hat I bought and showed pictures of might be as close to the screen worn hat as

the Barbour Covert is to the Barbour Graham Unlined, or as the Barbour X To Ki To is to the Dept. B or Beacon.

I don't want someone to throw a rock at my head if I got a product code wrong. I don't want to mislead

anybody. That's why I was hesitant to throw the info out there in the first place.

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent

This forum doesn’t operate like that, take it from me as a member of some 17 years.

Information is shared in this community in good faith and sometimes people get it wrong, which is ok. No one is going to condemn you for getting something wrong here and if they do, they’re not acting in the spirit of AJB.

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".

Totally agree with Smithers500!!

• Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent

Good thought. I should have been insulted cause I proposed the P&S and it wasn't the right one. Just kidding😁

In two years I'm here always found a second family atmosphere!

• sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent

Went through a couple of carhartt caps before arriving at the right one.

• jordanpaulkellyjordanpaulkelly Posts: 11MI6 Agent

Given that I’m new to the forum I am genuinely curious about something. Since I suggested the Carhartt cap last night there have been a number of posts from people that have already purchased the cap and been confident enough it was the right one to remove the logo. If this was the case I why has no one suggested it before? I mean this with no criticism, as I appreciate people may have many reasons for not wanting to speak out. Just wondering?

• TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    edited November 2021

I think it comes down to a few things, firstly fresh eyes, some of us labour for hours on the interwebs and are staring at the same stuff, or going down certain rabbit holes, for example I couldn’t get the ‘invisible’ lettering on the front out of my head so that was my focus. The Carhartt was ‘noted’ by Matti earlier on but dismissed for various reasons and other avenues explored. Finally, and coincidently, Asp9mm indicated to us only the day before (or could be the same day) as your first post that a key feature we didn’t realise was there - front eyelets.. that opened the field right up and brought the Carhartt back into play, which when linked back to DC’s personal liking for the brand, something that is often common for his costume choices, reinforced the conclusion. - worth noting that in reality this is still just a ‘best guess’, and until MrE sees it for real, we are not quite 100%.

this same thing happened on the ‘Skyfall knife’.. years looking for a possible limited edition run blade, only for a new participant to come in a confirm the correct, and incredibly common, Spanish knife on their first post.

• redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent

Literally takes 20 seconds with a seam ripper 👏

@jordanpaulkelly - welcome to the rollercoaster ride.

I perfectly agree with you Tennyson. Sometimes we are so concentrated in looking for certain details that we create our own image of the item and naively exclude other possibilities. Cause the Carhartt version has the writing on the back strap and if we didn't know it was ripped off or covered it would have been extremely difficult to ID.

Then obviously an external eye could have some beautiful intuitions like what happened!

They basically modified the odessa one to mimic this one 🤦‍♂️

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent

One thing that took me a while to learn was that there are collectors here who want these items to increase in value. Scarcity is their friend, and when a piece is relatively hard to get, they're going to close ranks while they and their fellow collectors go about searching. Lest I be misunderstood: THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS. Keep in mind that are a lot of lurkers here who will pounce on new information (see: Danner Tanicus). Some of these lurkers are flippers looking to make a buck by exploiting Bond fans.

But if your attitude is like mine and you're just looking for a cool swimsuit or ballcap to wear, the secrecy can seem baffling if not occasionally frustrating.

(Then again, I'm not doing endless scrolls on Google, calling manufacturers, and trying to nail down product codes, so why should I think I deserve the inside scoop? Answer: I don't.)

In general, the culture on AJB is very open and into sharing information and even helping members acquire items across international borders.

My last piece of "wisdom" is this: except in very few cases, usually with expensive items (e.g the CR Armani jacket, the SP Dior coat), if you wait long enough—it might be years—someone here will offer for sale what you're looking for. I've sold the Acne trousers twice and could probably score another pair today if I wanted!

• jordanpaulkellyjordanpaulkelly Posts: 11MI6 Agent

Thanks for the replies. Like I say I’m new to this. Been a Bond/Craig fan for a while and whilst I got the Barbour after Skyfall, it’s only really been since NTTD that I’ve taken a serious interest in the clothes. I appreciate the welcome.

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    edited December 2021
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

But does the owner know anything about how the embroidered “carhartt” was covered up or removed? 😅

Sharpie.

In which sense? The owner of the hat doesn't know he'll jot down the serial number or he doesn't know he'll go and see the outfit?

Sorry if I'm a little dumb sometimes😄

He has no idea somebody is coming to see it. It’ll be a shock. For both 🤣

Ahahah well😂 something like this when he rings the doorbell

Not far off 😂

• @Asp9mm wait...earlier in this thread you were ganging up on MrE for not telling people who made the hat and that a lot of people would be interested in knowing what hat Bond wears because he almost never wears hats or something like that, but this whole time you've known what hat it was...?? And you know the owner of the screen worn cap??

And a bunch of people already had this hat??

This forum is sketchy as hell.

• Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent

🍾 🥂 🎉

The name's Bond_James_Bond
    edited November 2021

No. I didn’t know the name of the caps supplier during the progress of this thread. I did a way back, but this is going back nearly two years now and the cap had no interest to me whatsoever, so I put it out of my mind. I haven’t collected anything from this films wardrobe as nothing shouts Bond to me…... And yeah I know where the cap is. Roughly. But because of certain grim circumstances the owner isn’t about anymore. That’s what’s interesting when MrE says he has access to it. He’s going to need a Ouija board. I did however recognise it immediately when it was posted yesterday and a good friend confirmed it.

And I never ‘ganged up’ on anyone. I asked him to post a picture of what he thought the cap was so people could decide. Hardly unreasonable.

As you say we could use a Ouija table to contact him and see if he has any other info about Bond SU clothing! 🤭👻

edited December 2021

😂

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent

Seems odd to not have a reference pic of the actual hat in the thread, seven pages in 😉